Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254881 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#179230 Oct 5, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious to know if you are older or younger than me. I'm 32.
She is unavailable, don't matter how many candles.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#179231 Oct 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I too once though we were the aliens.. on the moon, and mars.
But then came the realization.
If we do not encounter or find no sentient living owners, then we can claim it as our own.
So far we own the whole universe.
We will only become alien , when we actually meet one.
The alien overlords chuckle at your claimed ownership of the entire universe. They abandoned such archaic concepts eons ago in the pursuit of a more egalitarian society. They're nice overlords.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#179232 Oct 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The alien overlords chuckle at your claimed ownership of the entire universe. They abandoned such archaic concepts eons ago in the pursuit of a more egalitarian society. They're nice overlords.
Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

In short order I own it.

Aliens are scarcely in disagreement.

Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179233 Oct 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that anything like the apple core?
Lol, you bet!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179234 Oct 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you, philosophical reasoning does not affect the
tree of life as far as species. Ideological concepts do not cross
a physiological barrier. Alike concepts held in the brain do not make a being the same species.
I like corn, Deer like corn...eating deer is not cannibalism.
But even you have to know that..but maybe not.
I like corn too and I also like Deer. But I don't digest Atheist. Even if Atheist think Deer and Corn are Atheist. By the way, you gave me a good laugh. I like a little humor now and then.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#179235 Oct 5, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious to know if you are older or younger than me. I'm 32.
I'll be 21 next May. I'm gonna go ahead and say younger.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179236 Oct 5, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to burden you with my family horror stories, but they are the exact reason that "I know there is no biblical god". OK, aliens may abound, but neither your or I, know of their presence or impresence. I recognize the god of abraham as a fairy tale, until you provide some proof. Like I said, if I were to tell you my horrors that were never answered by any god, you would understand my position. When I do pass, trust me: If there is any god, it had better be someone powerful, otherwise, I will knock it out in one punch.
I believe you, ok. I don’t always believe people here on topix. But I believe what you are saying is truth. I had a neighbor behind my house on the next street. His daughter died at a young age. After that he turned Atheist.

I have been spared these type of tragedies. We have had some close calls but they always turned out ok. My oldest granddaughter was hit by a truck barreling down the street. She rode her bike out into the street and the truck hit her and she landed on the hood.

She was ok but it scared the driver nearly to death. I mean he had the shakes real bad. It took him a while to calm down. Bad things happen to good people sometimes. We are made of flesh and blood. Our bones and hearts can be broken.

I won’t bore you with all the other close calls we’ve had. I have been blessed, you know that’s all I can say about that. Gods word doesn’t promise us a life without storms, tragedies, and even death.

None of us are immune from these things. Even King David lost a dearly beloved son and God didn’t spare that child. And David prayed for a miracle but God didn’t do it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#179237 Oct 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that and you could never wreck my day, Mac :)
I've always been the youngest one here and I know how some people view that. "Stupid little girl", "How could you know?", "Your views don't really matter".
It's never been about age. It's about perception.
It's about ingredients.
You just think people think that about you.

You think that's what people are thinking.

But you have no evidence that that's what people are thinking.

I think it's just you, thinking that people are thinking that about you.

I'm not thinking that, and I don't think most others are either.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#179238 Oct 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like corn too and I also like Deer. But I don't digest Atheist. Even if Atheist think Deer and Corn are Atheist. By the way, you gave me a good laugh. I like a little humor now and then.
As do I.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#179239 Oct 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, but if you mess wif me I'll give you a lesson in Corn Foo.

lol

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#179240 Oct 5, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
OK there are two parts to answering your blog. First the physical. I agree, it is much more likely we were made in a lab, by a advanced race. I admit ET is more likely but I cling to my beliefs. I do feel as I do have an argument and I believe that.
The advanced race created the animal. The animal does and has evolved. The soul part, is a gift from the overall creator. I do believe all animals have souls, but the intelligence soul is more advanced. If you are interested in this Dr Michael Newton has a trio of books you may like reading Destiny Of Souls, Journey of Souls and Life Between Lives.
I'll check into those books when I get a chance about souls. Thanks for the reference. Last, what is your belief system?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179241 Oct 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nice, but if you mess wif me I'll give you a lesson in Corn Foo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oYFRI4cxKLEXX
lol
[bowing] Sinsi

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#179242 Oct 6, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that and you could never wreck my day, Mac :)
I've always been the youngest one here and I know how some people view that. "Stupid little girl", "How could you know?", "Your views don't really matter".
It's never been about age. It's about perception.
It's about ingredients.
Yes. I like young people.

Call me "avuncular".

I'm going to be a grandfather, come about April.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179243 Oct 6, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not going to answer the questions? Why am I not surprised?
What questions? I really do not read most of your stuff, you know.

There is no point in reading your ugly.

Seriously, there isn't -- you never say anything worthwhile.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179244 Oct 6, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer his question Bob,
What question?

Was there one of those "have you stopped beating your wife" tricks in there?

I seldom read posts that start out as batshit insane, and then go on and on and on and on and on...

No point.

If you want a question answered? Ask it within the first sentence-- and then stop writing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179245 Oct 6, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Why would a 35 year old male fall in love with a 14 year old girl?
Now that would be a real good question for you to answer Bob.
You did not answer why your inept and evil godling steadfastly REFUSES to help starving children all over the world.

You answer **THAT**?

And maybe I'll answer your pedophile fantasy above.

By the way: you really should not tell people about your own pedophile fantasies in the internet (as in the above).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179246 Oct 6, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
According to our resident Atheist here on Topix. Atheism is the lack of belief in deities. If so animals are Atheist.
That would mean a cow is an Atheist and same goes for vegetables.
Correct.
Eagle 12 wrote:
So when an Atheist sets down to have a meal, he/she is partaking in cannibalism? Eating another Atheist?
Nope. Cannibalism is the eating of the same species.

You know: Holy Communion and shyt like that.
Eagle 12 wrote:
I’m just trying to make sense of it all. It just sounds so sick.
Yes... Holy Communion, or ritual cannibalism **is** quite sick.

Good!

You are beginning to get it, finally!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179247 Oct 6, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I’m just going here with what I have been told. Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous but this is what Atheist are saying. Cows and vegetables don’t believe in deities so that makes them an Atheist according to Atheist.
So anytime an Atheist eats he/she is involved in eating another Atheist. Maybe for the sake of sanity Animals, vegetables and infants are not Atheist.
I don’t see how another Atheist could eat and digest another Atheist.
Atheism is simply no faith in stupid shyt like gods.

That's it.

There is nothing special about being an atheist:

YOU ARE AN ATHEIST WITH RESPECT TO ZEUS, for example.

So. EVERY TIME YOU EAT GREEK FOOD? Are you being some sort of "cannibal"?

No?

Good... do you get it yet?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179248 Oct 6, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to burden you with my family horror stories, but they are the exact reason that "I know there is no biblical god". OK, aliens may abound, but neither your or I, know of their presence or impresence. I recognize the god of abraham as a fairy tale, until you provide some proof. Like I said, if I were to tell you my horrors that were never answered by any god, you would understand my position. When I do pass, trust me: If there is any god, it had better be someone powerful, otherwise, I will knock it out in one punch.
Agreed: if the ugly bible god turns out to be real?

It has **much** explaining and apologizing to do.

Much.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179249 Oct 6, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you, ok. I don’t always believe people here on topix. But I believe what you are saying is truth. I had a neighbor behind my house on the next street. His daughter died at a young age. After that he turned Atheist.
I have been spared these type of tragedies. We have had some close calls but they always turned out ok. My oldest granddaughter was hit by a truck barreling down the street. She rode her bike out into the street and the truck hit her and she landed on the hood.
She was ok but it scared the driver nearly to death. I mean he had the shakes real bad. It took him a while to calm down. Bad things happen to good people sometimes. We are made of flesh and blood. Our bones and hearts can be broken.
I won’t bore you with all the other close calls we’ve had. I have been blessed, you know that’s all I can say about that. Gods word doesn’t promise us a life without storms, tragedies, and even death.
None of us are immune from these things. Even King David lost a dearly beloved son and God didn’t spare that child. And David prayed for a miracle but God didn’t do it.
It's called magical thinking and a symptom of e mental illness of faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr scientia potentia... 11,171
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 3 hr emperorjohn 328
Religion Down Suicide Up 3 hr Christyna 60
News Speaking for God 4 hr Jaimie 547
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Patrick 9,556
News Revered Artist Was an Atheist Who Rejected God.... 5 hr woodtick57 36
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 hr Patrick 4,249
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Brian_G 29,391
More from around the web