Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247210 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#178981 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you telling me that this here miracle spring water isn't gonna cure my debilitating illness?
Omg...that guy on tv with the horrible hair that used to try to sell that shit!!!!! Amazing how many people actually bought into that.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178982 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor your life is not over. Judgment has not been passed on you. I don’t know if you are going to hell in judgment. God may reveal himself to you in a way you can’t deny him. You can find salvation minutes or seconds before you die.
But once you cross that threshold from life to death, all bets are off. God is a God of extremes. He has extreme mercy and he can be extremely judgmental. He can be extremely loving or extremely cruel. That’s his personality that I can’t change.
But I want you to keep this one thing tucked away in your mind. When you find yourself dying, while you are conscious, ask God to forgive you of all your sins. Ask him to be merciful on you in judgment. That little prayer will only take about 7 seconds. But it’s outcome will last eternity. Whisper it if you have to but say it.
oh looky, Eagle sounds like a CHICKEN being frightened by some Imaginary spook!
LLLL

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#178983 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Oh Eagle! It's. So nice. To. See you! You haven't. Changed one. Bit.
He's more grey than before.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#178984 Oct 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok you are a Major Leaguer. Ufologist are tough to beat. I agree with much of what you are saying, perhaps all actually besides one detail. I do believe men were created by a advance terrestrial beings not ETs.
The Atheist here have no belief that there is a traveling energy which partakes in their life's choices. I don't wish to argue this detail with them, because I think it is likely for themselves the statement is true, that they are without souls. Talking beliefs with them is like watching an ice hockey game being played by people that can't skate. I know you make take this paragraph as condescending, but it just what is.
Thanks for the post. I am into Ufology myself. I can accept that an advance terrestrial being(s) created us also.

Do you think the advance terrestrial beings are infinite in nature?

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#178985 Oct 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the post. I am into Ufology myself. I can accept that an advance terrestrial being(s) created us also.
Do you think the advance terrestrial beings are infinite in nature?
You will first have to find one and ask one to know.
Which begs the question , of how you can accept something that you have no idea if it exists? You may as well accept that all dead people are infinite advanced terrestrial beings, that congregate on the sun.

Planet Earth

#178986 Oct 1, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born atheist,,
in fact everyone was,,,until your religious folks force fed you Jebus
I believe in design and I am a Ufologist.

Planet Earth

#178987 Oct 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking of individual choice or minor bits of evil.
I **was** speaking of Great Evil, like mass starvation due to crop failures, or mass death due to flooding, or mass destruction due to earthquakes or volcanoes or hurricanes.
That sort of thing.
Your post ignores these examples of Great Evil. Epicurus asked you a question.
You did not answer:
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
~ Epicurus (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270)
I would not classify volcanoes and floods as evil. As for your Greek philosopher this does not disprove the existence of GOD. GOD is a supreme being and that's that.

Planet Earth

#178988 Oct 2, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think bio-diversity is "fixed?" The evolutionary process continues, nothing about it is "fixed."
Because nature does not contradict it's self and nature is demonstrating that a biodiversity species biologically reproduce the same biological reproductive species and to say other wise would be in contradiction on what nature demonstrates.

Your evolutionary process is advance ET's or an advance terrestrial being(s) genetically engineering one or more different biological reproductive species to create a new biological reproductive species. For example, the genetic engineers could have use some of the great apes or monkey genetic material to create humans. This is what you are observing and calling evolution.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178989 Oct 2, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in design and I am a Ufologist.
You can't always have come true, what you believe in.

Especially if you made it all up and lie about it and know that there's no evidence for it being true - just like your cult knows its not true.

That's why they sent you here - to continue to lie and spread your personal mental illness of belief

Location hidden

#178990 Oct 2, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Because nature does not contradict it's self and nature is demonstrating that a biodiversity species biologically reproduce the same biological reproductive species and to say other wise would be in contradiction on what nature demonstrates.
Your evolutionary process is advance ET's or an advance terrestrial being(s) genetically engineering one or more different biological reproductive species to create a new biological reproductive species. For example, the genetic engineers could have use some of the great apes or monkey genetic material to create humans. This is what you are observing and calling evolution.
Before talking about nature, you need to prove the god you're here to lie about.

Evolution is a fact which does not require discussion, all that needs discussion is the proof of the god you claim is real and that we should all get up and change our lives for...

But you can't because you're liars. The only way you talk to atheists is to insult their intelligence or bring up old defeated arguments like pascal, catholic hitler, old einstein quotes.

You guys have NOTHING solid and you know it!

Planet Earth

#178991 Oct 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You will first have to find one and ask one to know.
Which begs the question , of how you can accept something that you have no idea if it exists? You may as well accept that all dead people are infinite advanced terrestrial beings, that congregate on the sun.
Do research into ufology and you will find plenty of credible witnesses who directly dealt with advance terrestrial and extra terrestrial beings.

I just watched one and the first hand credible witnesses was explaining their encounters here on earth about the underground bases that had the genetic engineering projects going with humans and other biological reproductive species.

"UNMASKING AN EXTRATERRESTRIAL PRESENCE (FULL DOCUMENTARY 2013)"

>>>>

Location hidden

#178992 Oct 2, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Do research into ufology and you will find plenty of credible witnesses who directly dealt with advance terrestrial and extra terrestrial beings.
I just watched one and the first hand credible witnesses was explaining their encounters here on earth about the underground bases that had the genetic engineering projects going with humans and other biological reproductive species.
"UNMASKING AN EXTRATERRESTRIAL PRESENCE (FULL DOCUMENTARY 2013)"
>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ILLHMzDeIpkXX
Another mentally ill religionist who thinks he's met aliens.

Planet Earth

#178993 Oct 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Before talking about nature, you need to prove the god you're here to lie about.
Evolution is a fact which does not require discussion, all that needs discussion is the proof of the god you claim is real and that we should all get up and change our lives for...
But you can't because you're liars. The only way you talk to atheists is to insult their intelligence or bring up old defeated arguments like pascal, catholic hitler, old einstein quotes.
You guys have NOTHING solid and you know it!
Holding the notion of biological reproductive species as being "fixed" requires the existence of a GOD/advance terrestrial beings are an advance extra terrestrial race that created human beings on planet earth.

Go into the field of ufology and you will find plenty of leads that talk about human creation by genetic engineering. The theory of evolution is not the final answer. You also have bio-diversity being created as fixed as an alternative answer.

Planet Earth

#178994 Oct 2, 2013
Explaining Intelligent Design through Ufology is my argument for the existence of a GOD/ADVANCE TERRESTRIALS AND/OR EXTRA TERRESTRIAL RACE THAT CREATED HUMANS THROUGH GENETIC ENGINEERING!

"Overlords of the UFO--Full Length documentary from 1976--BANNED and SUPRESSED."

>>>>

UNMASKING AN EXTRATERRESTRIAL PRESENCE (FULL DOCUMENTARY 2013)"

>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Planet Earth

#178995 Oct 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the best you can do!

Planet Earth

#178996 Oct 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I get my information the sources are not mentally ill but instead credible.

For example:

"The Disclosure Project is a research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems. We have over 500 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses testifying to their direct, personal, first hand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology, and the cover-up that keeps this information secret."

>>>> http://www.disclosureproject.org/

Location hidden

#178997 Oct 2, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Explaining Intelligent Design through Ufology is my argument for the existence of a GOD/ADVANCE TERRESTRIALS AND/OR EXTRA TERRESTRIAL RACE THAT CREATED HUMANS THROUGH GENETIC ENGINEERING!
"Overlords of the UFO--Full Length documentary from 1976--BANNED and SUPRESSED."
>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dUhoeZi9nekXX
UNMASKING AN EXTRATERRESTRIAL PRESENCE (FULL DOCUMENTARY 2013)"
>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch...
All caps, the mark of a madman.

Tell me when you've had enough troll,

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#178998 Oct 2, 2013
The very title of this thread is absurd.

Take a newborn baby, who has never been told that god exists. That baby does not believe in god, having never heard of the concept.

That doesn't mean that the newborn has any faith in his or her nonbelief.

So someone explain to me how the absence of belief could REQUIRE faith?

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#178999 Oct 2, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I get my information the sources are not mentally ill but instead credible.
For example:
"The Disclosure Project is a research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems. We have over 500 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses testifying to their direct, personal, first hand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology, and the cover-up that keeps this information secret."
>>>> http://www.disclosureproject.org/
mmmm kay Captain Proton, did you find Arachnia yet?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#179000 Oct 2, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg...that guy on tv with the horrible hair that used to try to sell that shit!!!!! Amazing how many people actually bought into that.
Yeah - Peter Popoff. He made a killing off of it *after* he was already exposed as a fraud. Hilarious, but also sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 min thetruth 12,410
Proof of God for the Atheist 6 hr Uncle Sam 91
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 6 hr -Stray Dog 47,746
Atheism and Evidence of the Exodus 13 hr Amused 25
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 13 hr Amused 15
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 15 hr thetruth 2,352
News Muslim World and Secularism Tue P_Smith 1
More from around the web