Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178759 Sep 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Creationists are scared and bitter people.
Rather than try to understand why atheists say god isn't real, your mental illness makes you think that we deny god.
We cannot deny something that isn't real in the first place Eagle.
I know that you understand this fully, yet you lie about atheists position again and again.
What is wrong with you?
People like yourself were shaped by the misfortunes of childhood experiences. Deep in the most recess of your mind. Locked away in that secret vaulted memory. Is the story of why you hate so deeply much.

A wound so deep and infected it never had the chance to heal. Most likely a violation of some sort or repeated violations. So hatred now festers and breeds new hatred. Hatred at God and everything he represents because in your mind he allowed it to happen.

God can heal and restore your confidence and your twisted and demented spirit. You have allowed the demonic spirits of Satan to rule your heart now. This is why you are so full of vile and contempt.

I don’t know why those things happened to you in your youth. But what I do know if God could restore the man that lived in the tombs in the country of the Gadarenes. He could give you your right mind.

God can do anything including saving a reprobate mind.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178760 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Cosmologists would disagree with you, specially when talking about black holes.
We must take everything into consideration in your response. You nor I are experts in cosmology. I’m not even going to pretend I know anything about black holes. Cosmetology is more in line with your understanding Doctor. So when was the last time you had your nails done?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178761 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Cosmologists would disagree with you, specially when talking about black holes.
If you ask a coal miner, they will tell you that light will penetrate into a black hole. Providing one has a good charge on a head lamp.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178762 Sep 29, 2013
How about a scripture to cheer up the ole gang of cantankerous Atheist?

After all you have worked hard to earn the right to a little scripture treat.

I’m not going to give you to much because after all we don’t want to make hogs out of you.

2 Corinthians 3:17
(KJV)

17 “Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178763 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
People like yourself were shaped by the misfortunes of childhood experiences. Deep in the most recess of your mind. Locked away in that secret vaulted memory. Is the story of why you hate so deeply much.
A wound so deep and infected it never had the chance to heal. Most likely a violation of some sort or repeated violations. So hatred now festers and breeds new hatred. Hatred at God and everything he represents because in your mind he allowed it to happen.
God can heal and restore your confidence and your twisted and demented spirit. You have allowed the demonic spirits of Satan to rule your heart now. This is why you are so full of vile and contempt.
I don’t know why those things happened to you in your youth. But what I do know if God could restore the man that lived in the tombs in the country of the Gadarenes. He could give you your right mind.
God can do anything including saving a reprobate mind.
Dude, that was just all kinds of creepy...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#178764 Sep 29, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you are the loony for not being able to explain all the miracles. your explanations are stupid, retarded, trying hard to sound scientific when in fact, you are just a simpleton who can not explain the ways of God. just STFU if you have no brains enough to compete God's power. ok ?
lol... no... you aren't delusional at all... lol

Location hidden

#178765 Sep 29, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Both. Are we now going to go off topic. If so, I think you should stick up for me if someone does post I am going off topic. If you read my exchanges here, atheist ask me questions like this than when I answer another atheist points out I am off topic. I would appreciate if the person whom asked me a question causing this effect would step in and say. He was answering my off topic question.
I have no problem with that whatsoever ;) I knew it was off topic, but I was curious. If you don't mind me asking... why do you claim reincarnation as truth, and not just a belief?

Location hidden

#178766 Sep 29, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178767 Sep 29, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s nothing creepy about how one is shaped in childhood.

Exposure to an abusive Father for example will have an influence on the outcome of an individual.

When I see such deep seated bitterness year after year here on topix. I ask myself what would cause a person to be like this? We’re talking something that goes beyond Atheism.

So for me to hate this individual is wrong. There’s always a story behind the person. Figuring out that story is the key to understanding behavior.

There’s been lots of children that were abused in their life. Some it was sexual abuse. Others was mental and verbal abuse. Then many others it was the lack of love and a caring parent. Drug and alcohol dependant parents always fall short of being a good role models.

These abused children grow up not really knowing what it was like for Dad to sit down and read a good book to them at bed time. A hug and genuine love was lacking in their home. Their life was all about chaos and hate.

These adults come into life dysfunctional. Mad at the world and their life is full of hate and resentment. They find an avenue here on topix. Some way to vent their hate with a vengeance. The dark side takes over their life and they remain there.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178768 Sep 29, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
John 8:12

King James Version (KJV)

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178770 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again, the reference from chapter six from your imagination, lol.
I'm so sorry about your education.

Or, rather, your supreme lack of it.

Sad.

But that's all too common among Genuine Christians™, isn't it?

Education is one of the **certain** cures for True Belief™, after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178771 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
How about a scripture to ...
... point out your hypocrisy?

Okay:

Luke 18:9-14
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself:'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said,'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178772 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually? Childhood abuse-- aka religion-- is why you are so damaged as a person.

It's pretty sad to witness, too.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178773 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We must take everything into consideration in your response. You nor I are experts in cosmology. I’m not even going to pretend I know anything about black holes. Cosmetology is more in line with your understanding Doctor. So when was the last time you had your nails done?
Nice to see you try and hide your ignorance by making jokes. The fact that you know nothing about black holes is shocking. You and people like you claim you know how then universe and all things in it came to be, yet you don't understand even the most basic facts about cosmology. I find that patently absurd. A black hole forms when a massive star uses up all of its fuel and collapses into itself. The gravitational forces are so strong that not even light can escape, hence the name "black hole." So your original statement "there is nothing that light can't penetrate." is WRONG See how useful knowledge can be.

Location hidden

#178774 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exposure to an abusive Father for example will have an influence on the outcome of an individual.
When I see such deep seated bitterness year after year here on topix. I ask myself what would cause a person to be like this? We’re talking something that goes beyond Atheism.
So for me to hate this individual is wrong. There’s always a story behind the person. Figuring out that story is the key to understanding behavior.
There’s been lots of children that were abused in their life. Some it was sexual abuse. Others was mental and verbal abuse. Then many others it was the lack of love and a caring parent. Drug and alcohol dependant parents always fall short of being a good role models.
These abused children grow up not really knowing what it was like for Dad to sit down and read a good book to them at bed time. A hug and genuine love was lacking in their home. Their life was all about chaos and hate.
These adults come into life dysfunctional. Mad at the world and their life is full of hate and resentment. They find an avenue here on topix. Some way to vent their hate with a vengeance. The dark side takes over their life and they remain there.
You were talking to a stranger on the internet...whom you know little if nothing about. Trust us, it was creepy.

Location hidden

#178775 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
John 8:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Well, at least you've moved on from "creepy" to "thoroughly random"....
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178776 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ask a coal miner, they will tell you that light will penetrate into a black hole. Providing one has a good charge on a head lamp.
If you ask a coal miner to differentiate between a black hole in a mine and a black hole in space, most educated miner can tell you the difference, that is unless they are religious and have very little knowledge of the world around them. Religion does teach you to be satisfied with NOT understanding the world arounds us. You have just confirmed at least some of that.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178777 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
How about a scripture to cheer up the ole gang of cantankerous Atheist?
After all you have worked hard to earn the right to a little scripture treat.
I’m not going to give you to much because after all we don’t want to make hogs out of you.
2 Corinthians 3:17
(KJV)
17 “Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”
How about some scriptures to shed some light on the moral guidance found in the bible. I wonder, do they teach these kinds of things in Sunday school?

19:30 And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.
19:31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:
19:32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
19:33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
19:34 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
19:35 And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
19:36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.
19:37 And the first born bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.
19:38 And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178778 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If you ask a coal miner to differentiate between a black hole in a mine and a black hole in space, most educated miner can tell you the difference, that is unless they are religious and have very little knowledge of the world around them. Religion does teach you to be satisfied with NOT understanding the world arounds us. You have just confirmed at least some of that.
Indeed.

Scratch a religious person? And you'll find someone undereducated.

The more religious? The less education.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178779 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If you ask a coal miner to differentiate between a black hole in a mine and a black hole in space, most educated miner can tell you the difference, that is unless they are religious and have very little knowledge of the world around them. Religion does teach you to be satisfied with NOT understanding the world arounds us. You have just confirmed at least some of that.
When you are talking about these Black Holes I think it safe to say they are millions of light years away. It’s not like there’s one tucked away a few thousand miles away. In fact as I searched for the nearest black hole to the earth.

It’s only 1600 light years away. So my statement is true up to the nearest black hole which is 1600 light years away. Now that’s light traveling through the vacuum of space 186,282.4 miles per hour x 24 hours x 365 x 1600.

That is a ridiculously long way Doctor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 20 min CunningLinguist 117
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 46 min Eman 22,268
Stump a theist with 2 questions 58 min Patrick 68
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Patrick 477
Here's a place for Patrick's off-topic articles 4 hr NightSerf 1
Glorify God, our Heavenly Father 5 hr Son of God 1
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 5 hr Thinking 4,106
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE