Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,660
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178682 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Hey you are the one who wrote this, <quoted text> and this, <quoted text> Based on that are you calling yourself dumb? According to you anyone who is not an atheist is either dumb or delusional. That is reflective of what a lot of atheists think. I am just highlighting it to demonstrate to others exactly where atheists are coming from.
<quoted text> You assume both are false and i do not.
<quoted text>
Yes, I assume anything that is not supported with evidence to be false. You do not, so were exactly do you draw the line? Do you think that anything that can be imagined exists? Do you actually live in a world were there is NO difference between real and unreal? I only used werewolves as an example, but I could have used just about anything that could be conjured up by the mind, and you would still say you wouldn't assume it to be false. Do you believe that it is possible for "pixie dust" to exist? That you could sprinkle some of it on you and you could defy gravity and fly? Not only fly but leave the confines of Earth and soar into outer space totally unprotected? Do you not assume such a substance exists? Just trying to find a point were you draw the line between things that are totally possible and those that are not possible, at least at this moment in time.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178683 Sep 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do the thousands of dead Native Americans feel about that?
They were here long before the Angloís.

But when studying American History you will notice that there were many tribes and sects of Indians. And they didnít always get along. Some hated each other and they were often at war.

Itís sad how the Indians were treated by the Anglo's but that was long before you and I were born. I know you have a Indian heritage. I have some in my linage but probably not as much as you do.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178684 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Projection on your part. I have never even been arrested.
I simply do not break the law-- I just don't.
Unlike the majority of you christians?
I actually think the Rule Of Law, i.e. the Constitution, is a brilliant idea.
<quoted text>
Years ago, I was close friends with a police dispatcher. She was quite interesting, and had lots of cop-stories to tell.
These days? I know a couple of the Tulsa police-- good people.
[Tipping Hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178685 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you finally have proof of god, your ignorant creationist mental illness will matter more.
Atheism is not a religion, it is not a disease. It is the conclusion after mentally ill people have failed for centuries to prove the gods they have claimed are real.
Creationist trolls like lightbeamrider are cursed because they lack the mental ability to understand or accept a world without their imaginary friend.
So they bully and abuse atheists in the atheist forum every day and try to disrupt their conversations.
This is how bitter the creationist cult losers are. They can't keep their cult to themselves, and actively come in here and stir sh*t up.
WHy do you cowardly liars do this?
Are you that afraid of science and education? Are you that petty?
Science has proven your cult and your gods are nonsense, yet you persist with lies upon lies.
You are the reason nobody believes in your cults anymore - you are animals, who have decided to be dishonest and "sinful" according to your fantasies.
Youíre so repetitive and boring,[yawn, stretch].

And besides that, I donít speak goat.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178686 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you finally have proof of god, your ignorant creationist mental illness will matter more.
Atheism is not a religion, it is not a disease. It is the conclusion after mentally ill people have failed for centuries to prove the gods they have claimed are real.
Creationist trolls like lightbeamrider are cursed because they lack the mental ability to understand or accept a world without their imaginary friend.
So they bully and abuse atheists in the atheist forum every day and try to disrupt their conversations.
This is how bitter the creationist cult losers are. They can't keep their cult to themselves, and actively come in here and stir sh*t up.
WHy do you cowardly liars do this?
Are you that afraid of science and education? Are you that petty?
Science has proven your cult and your gods are nonsense, yet you persist with lies upon lies.
You are the reason nobody believes in your cults anymore - you are animals, who have decided to be dishonest and "sinful" according to your fantasies.
Since you have been such a good boy, This scripture is just for you.

John 8:36

King James Version (KJV)

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178687 Sep 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are claiming fact, therefore you owe the proof. We have no problem admitting we have faith in our beliefs, and every time you bring up us proving our "confessed faith" you are going off topic. Some thing YOU YOURSELF brought up not long ago. The real problem is you have a comprehension problem. There is no way you could read a book about thought, such as The Power of Now and write a good essay about it. It is why you have a lot of nerve asking for proof. Maybe the day will come that you could catch one of us on a tread that your request is not OFF TOPIC.
What is the FACT that I am claiming?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178688 Sep 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What is the FACT that I am claiming?
1. there is no creator of The Universe.

2. No creator of humanity.

You can't prove either. Therefore it's not fact.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#178689 Sep 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you claim reincarnation as truth, or just your belief?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178690 Sep 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The Creator of the universe: Since we have no information about what existed before the universe, there can be no information about how it came to be. Therefore to say in was *created* is a pointless position.

Lets examine the "facts" associated with the creator of the universe.

1.) No one has ever been able to define the physical properties of this creator...FACT

2.) Science has never been able to examine this creator It has never been weighed, measured, or tested.........FACT

3.) No one in recorded history has ever been able to discover exactly were this creator can be found........FACT

4.) In order for this creator to create the universe, something must be known about the process he used. To date neither science or any other person has been able to even begin to explain this procedure......FACT

5.) This creator is said to exist beyond time and space, to be "outside" of our universe, and to be beyond our knowledge. Science has never been able to discover whether there is actually anything beyond our universe, this is a ridiculous and empty claim........FACT

6.) if this creator is infect "outside" of our universe, then it is toady IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW ANYTHING about this creator.....FACT

"No creator of humanity."

1.) Since all of the above also apply to this claim, then the only thing we can add is that science has been able to create the building blocks of life (amino acids) from what may well have been early Earth conditions. Here, unlike the universe, we have verifiable information as to how life may well have come to be.....FACT

So you see there are all kinds of FACTS that prove your creator to be non-existent, except within your mind.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#178691 Sep 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of assuming and completely off topic.
Understood that you cannot comment. Thank you, for your attention.

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#178692 Sep 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have been such a good boy, This scripture is just for you.
John 8:36
King James Version (KJV)
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Do you realize that your bible was written by goatherders? Not that they are less citizens than any of us, of course.

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#178693 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The 6,000 year figure is incorrect and assumes time as linear. Nobody knows the pre fall conditions as it relates to time. I would not assume linear. I think you are also assume God is tired but God depicted is omnipotent and does not get tired so God took a rest for different reasons. Think it had something to do with the Sabbath.
<quoted text> Since, according to you, i am a sheep who follows an insane leader, why do you ask me anything? Why do you bash a God you do not believe exists? You assume weak God? It seems you cannot even get the rudiments correct. If you cannot keep up with the footmen, how can you compete with the horses?
OK, all I know is "your god" had to rest as he was "spent" after 6 days of working. Let me tell you "dude". I know friends of mine that work a friggin' 3 jobs and do not have time to be "tired" Yours is not the story of a powerful "god". A powerful god is "endlessly powerful". There is no time to rest. Why does "your god" need any rest at all? This I admit, I am ignorant of. Then again, most of us laborers are "ignorant". Not like the bankers of the USA.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178694 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Lets take your last statement first. This demonstrates you are a moral weakling. Non believers are in denial regarding their responsibility to their fellow human beings and their responsibility to God.
I have no responsibility to your ugly delusion (god).

Seriously.

Until and IF you can PRODUCE your hideous monster-god?

My comment to go f___ yourself is exactly to the point.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178695 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
.. to reject your atheism is the equivalent of rejecting science and education.
Correct.

For science and education are non-theistic.

Buy intent.

Because theists are about DENYING both.

What was the FIRST "lesson" in the Bible?

Answer: that KNOWLEDGE IS FORBIDDEN.

Proof your ugly religion is anti-education AND anti-science.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178696 Sep 28, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
The major problem; these people do not think for themselves. They are sheep and "follow the leader", though the leader is insane.
Insane, effectively blind and willfully ignorant too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178697 Sep 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
They were here long before the Angloís.
Indeed they were-- some of my own ancestors used to hang out over north of Florida.

Until a bunch of Genuine Christianô men decided they "needed" the land they were living on, and forced them out-- many died during that force-march.

All "blessed" by the ugly bible, of course-- the white man's god gave these men "dominion" over the "savages"... right?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178698 Sep 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
But when studying American History you will notice that there were many tribes and sects of Indians. And they didnít always get along. Some hated each other and they were often at war.

Itís sad how the Indians were treated by the Anglo's but that was long before you and I were born. I know you have a Indian heritage. I have some in my linage but probably not as much as you do.
Indeed-- the Native Americans were often at war with one another.

But until the white man? They pretty much had reached a kind of loose status quo.

It took white technology to enable massacres (firearms and such).

However, all of that pales compared to the European's **diseases** that they unwittingly brought with them...

.... an event that a **caring** god would have **foreseen** and **prevented***....!

What **possible** good can come from the millions of horrible deaths from god-preventable diseases?

Hmmmm?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178699 Sep 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[Tipping Hat]
I'll take from this, that you also think the Rule Of Law is a good idea?

:)

I rather like that-- I hope you pass on that idea to everyone you are able to.

Because it is one thing that all people could rally around-- both believer an non-believer alike.

That the Rule Of Law could be the thing that helps humans treat each other with a modicum of equality.

Kudos, man.

:D

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#178700 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I have no responsibility to your ugly delusion (god).
Your assumption exists in your head but not in reality.
My comment to go f___ yourself is exactly to the point.
You need to do a little growing and stop being such a moral weakling. You are shirking your responsibilities both to God and to man.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178702 Sep 28, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that your bible was written by goatherders? Not that they are less citizens than any of us, of course.
The first five books were written by Moses. For the times he was the equivalent to being a University graduate. The best schools and exposed to the best minds in Egypt.

Then others were written by the prophets of the time. David who did heard sheep at a very young age when on to become a fierce soldier. Cutting off the head of Goliath after taking him down with a sling.

The sling and rocks are still used today as weapons in the region. Then David went on to be a King. The scriptures that he wrote were done as he was King. Then his son Solomon went on to be King and wrote books in the bible.

The Apostle Paul was certainly not a goat herder but a specialized craftsman. Then one book was written by a Medical Doctor.

So this common misconception is really not based on reality but meant to be in jest. A little humor and jab here in there is certainly not going to hurt.[Tipping Hat]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 14 min thetruth 23
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 16 min thetruth 1,979
News The Consequences of Atheism 20 min thetruth 1,249
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 26 min thetruth 6,726
News Confessions of a black atheist 29 min thetruth 276
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,432
News Barney Frank Advises Politicians to Stay in the... Thu thetruth 13
More from around the web