Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256538 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178749 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t deny the “Trail of Tears.” Nor do I deny that many died along the way.
I wasn’t around when that happened. But I would love to see your historical reference besides chapter six in the imagination of your mind. Especially part about the Bible.
And please no more chapter six references from your hind endus.
They used the part of Genesis where your ugly bible tells people they have "dominion" over the earth. And they claimed these natives were "no better than animals". Your Genuine Christian™ "holy" men would preach this very message from their bully pulpits.

They used the examples of the OT where the Hebrew people massacred any and all people already living in land they wanted for themselves. Your Genuine Christian™ leadership followed that biblical example.

They said it was "god's will". They said they had a "divine manifest". Again, using your bible.

It's sad, that I, an atheist, must tutor you in your own book.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178750 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The Creator of the universe: Since we have no information about what existed before the universe, there can be no information about how it came to be. Therefore to say in was *created* is a pointless position.
Lets examine the "facts" associated with the creator of the universe.
1.) No one has ever been able to define the physical properties of this creator...FACT
2.) Science has never been able to examine this creator It has never been weighed, measured, or tested.........FACT
3.) No one in recorded history has ever been able to discover exactly were this creator can be found........FACT
4.) In order for this creator to create the universe, something must be known about the process he used. To date neither science or any other person has been able to even begin to explain this procedure......FACT
5.) This creator is said to exist beyond time and space, to be "outside" of our universe, and to be beyond our knowledge. Science has never been able to discover whether there is actually anything beyond our universe, this is a ridiculous and empty claim........FACT
6.) if this creator is infect "outside" of our universe, then it is toady IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW ANYTHING about this creator.....FACT
"No creator of humanity."
1.) Since all of the above also apply to this claim, then the only thing we can add is that science has been able to create the building blocks of life (amino acids) from what may well have been early Earth conditions. Here, unlike the universe, we have verifiable information as to how life may well have come to be.....FACT
So you see there are all kinds of FACTS that prove your creator to be non-existent, except within your mind.
Give it up you can't prove those two points. It is a waste of your time.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178751 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical Theologians agree that Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible.
Nope. Not a one-- who is actually...**educate** makes that claim.

Only ignorant doofuses with "degrees" from Genuine Christian™ "colleges", none of which are accredited by anyone.

The rest of the world? Has the actual facts that show otherwise.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178752 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk as you believe there's a god. He can't be an ugly monster if he doesn't exist.
Oh, sure-- your ugly monster-god **exists** within **your** head.

And only there.

What does that say about ... you?

Hmmm?

Hint: it's not good-- that you would imagine such an ugly and horrid monster.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178753 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
There's no darkness that light can't penetrate.
It's a pity about you then, isn't it?

What with your head being so...

... in the dark.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178754 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first five books were written by Moses. For the times he was the equivalent to being a University graduate. The best schools and exposed to the best minds in Egypt.
Then others were written by the prophets of the time. David who did heard sheep at a very young age when on to become a fierce soldier. Cutting off the head of Goliath after taking him down with a sling.
The sling and rocks are still used today as weapons in the region. Then David went on to be a King. The scriptures that he wrote were done as he was King. Then his son Solomon went on to be King and wrote books in the bible.
The Apostle Paul was certainly not a goat herder but a specialized craftsman. Then one book was written by a Medical Doctor.
So this common misconception is really not based on reality but meant to be in jest. A little humor and jab here in there is certainly not going to hurt.[Tipping Hat]
I honestly don't see why you answer redoran none of his post are on topic, and are terrible interpretations of what you posted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178755 Sep 29, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
why are christians so interested in genitals ?
Well... because they never get any? Because they are so unpleasant to be around?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178756 Sep 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
They used the part of Genesis where your ugly bible tells people they have "dominion" over the earth. And they claimed these natives were "no better than animals". Your Genuine Christian™ "holy" men would preach this very message from their bully pulpits.
They used the examples of the OT where the Hebrew people massacred any and all people already living in land they wanted for themselves. Your Genuine Christian™ leadership followed that biblical example.
They said it was "god's will". They said they had a "divine manifest". Again, using your bible.
It's sad, that I, an atheist, must tutor you in your own book.
Here we go again, the reference from chapter six from your imagination, lol.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178757 Sep 29, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly don't see why you answer redoran none of his post are on topic, and are terrible interpretations of what you posted.
Agreed, thanks.
LCNLin

United States

#178758 Sep 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sure-- your ugly monster-god **exists** within **your** head.
And only there.
What does that say about ... you?
Hmmm?
Hint: it's not good-- that you would imagine such an ugly and horrid monster.
is this OCD posting?
Peace
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178759 Sep 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Creationists are scared and bitter people.
Rather than try to understand why atheists say god isn't real, your mental illness makes you think that we deny god.
We cannot deny something that isn't real in the first place Eagle.
I know that you understand this fully, yet you lie about atheists position again and again.
What is wrong with you?
People like yourself were shaped by the misfortunes of childhood experiences. Deep in the most recess of your mind. Locked away in that secret vaulted memory. Is the story of why you hate so deeply much.

A wound so deep and infected it never had the chance to heal. Most likely a violation of some sort or repeated violations. So hatred now festers and breeds new hatred. Hatred at God and everything he represents because in your mind he allowed it to happen.

God can heal and restore your confidence and your twisted and demented spirit. You have allowed the demonic spirits of Satan to rule your heart now. This is why you are so full of vile and contempt.

I don’t know why those things happened to you in your youth. But what I do know if God could restore the man that lived in the tombs in the country of the Gadarenes. He could give you your right mind.

God can do anything including saving a reprobate mind.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178760 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Cosmologists would disagree with you, specially when talking about black holes.
We must take everything into consideration in your response. You nor I are experts in cosmology. I’m not even going to pretend I know anything about black holes. Cosmetology is more in line with your understanding Doctor. So when was the last time you had your nails done?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178761 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Cosmologists would disagree with you, specially when talking about black holes.
If you ask a coal miner, they will tell you that light will penetrate into a black hole. Providing one has a good charge on a head lamp.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178762 Sep 29, 2013
How about a scripture to cheer up the ole gang of cantankerous Atheist?

After all you have worked hard to earn the right to a little scripture treat.

I’m not going to give you to much because after all we don’t want to make hogs out of you.

2 Corinthians 3:17
(KJV)

17 “Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178763 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
People like yourself were shaped by the misfortunes of childhood experiences. Deep in the most recess of your mind. Locked away in that secret vaulted memory. Is the story of why you hate so deeply much.
A wound so deep and infected it never had the chance to heal. Most likely a violation of some sort or repeated violations. So hatred now festers and breeds new hatred. Hatred at God and everything he represents because in your mind he allowed it to happen.
God can heal and restore your confidence and your twisted and demented spirit. You have allowed the demonic spirits of Satan to rule your heart now. This is why you are so full of vile and contempt.
I don’t know why those things happened to you in your youth. But what I do know if God could restore the man that lived in the tombs in the country of the Gadarenes. He could give you your right mind.
God can do anything including saving a reprobate mind.
Dude, that was just all kinds of creepy...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#178764 Sep 29, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you are the loony for not being able to explain all the miracles. your explanations are stupid, retarded, trying hard to sound scientific when in fact, you are just a simpleton who can not explain the ways of God. just STFU if you have no brains enough to compete God's power. ok ?
lol... no... you aren't delusional at all... lol

Location hidden

#178765 Sep 29, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Both. Are we now going to go off topic. If so, I think you should stick up for me if someone does post I am going off topic. If you read my exchanges here, atheist ask me questions like this than when I answer another atheist points out I am off topic. I would appreciate if the person whom asked me a question causing this effect would step in and say. He was answering my off topic question.
I have no problem with that whatsoever ;) I knew it was off topic, but I was curious. If you don't mind me asking... why do you claim reincarnation as truth, and not just a belief?

Location hidden

#178766 Sep 29, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178767 Sep 29, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s nothing creepy about how one is shaped in childhood.

Exposure to an abusive Father for example will have an influence on the outcome of an individual.

When I see such deep seated bitterness year after year here on topix. I ask myself what would cause a person to be like this? We’re talking something that goes beyond Atheism.

So for me to hate this individual is wrong. There’s always a story behind the person. Figuring out that story is the key to understanding behavior.

There’s been lots of children that were abused in their life. Some it was sexual abuse. Others was mental and verbal abuse. Then many others it was the lack of love and a caring parent. Drug and alcohol dependant parents always fall short of being a good role models.

These abused children grow up not really knowing what it was like for Dad to sit down and read a good book to them at bed time. A hug and genuine love was lacking in their home. Their life was all about chaos and hate.

These adults come into life dysfunctional. Mad at the world and their life is full of hate and resentment. They find an avenue here on topix. Some way to vent their hate with a vengeance. The dark side takes over their life and they remain there.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178768 Sep 29, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
John 8:12

King James Version (KJV)

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why I quit atheism 4 min Patrick 677
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 min Patrick 18,444
There is no meaning without God (Jul '15) 31 min Richardfs 47
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 57 min Richardfs 3,817
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 5,663
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Into The Night 43,080
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr It aint necessari... 737
A Universe from Nothing? 6 hr Eagle 12 417
More from around the web