Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256042 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178705 Sep 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed they were-- some of my own ancestors used to hang out over north of Florida.
Until a bunch of Genuine Christian™ men decided they "needed" the land they were living on, and forced them out-- many died during that force-march.
All "blessed" by the ugly bible, of course-- the white man's god gave these men "dominion" over the "savages"... right?
You must be talking about your European friends. The same people that our country went to war with later on? If I’m not mistaken many Indians helped in those wars against the Europeans.

We kicked one country’s a** so hard. We are still celebrating over 200 years later on every 4th of July.

Those Anglo’s that came and settled in the new land was trying to get away from Europe and all it’s harsh rule and government. They were at peace with the local Indians.

But that was just the start. As the settlers moved West there were Indian wars. Then came the Calvary and the ugliness of war.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178706 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll take from this, that you also think the Rule Of Law is a good idea?
:)
I rather like that-- I hope you pass on that idea to everyone you are able to.
Because it is one thing that all people could rally around-- both believer an non-believer alike.
That the Rule Of Law could be the thing that helps humans treat each other with a modicum of equality.
Kudos, man.
:D
The rule of law is a good thing but so is the personal rights that allow for an advocate and trial by jury of your peers.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178707 Sep 28, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, all I know is "your god" had to rest as he was "spent" after 6 days of working. Let me tell you "dude". I know friends of mine that work a friggin' 3 jobs and do not have time to be "tired" Yours is not the story of a powerful "god". A powerful god is "endlessly powerful". There is no time to rest. Why does "your god" need any rest at all? This I admit, I am ignorant of. Then again, most of us laborers are "ignorant". Not like the bankers of the USA.
When an artist completes painting of a beautiful master piece.

Then he steps back and folds his arms looking back at his work. Gently rubbing his mustache and pondering about what he has just done.

At this juncture the artist is not in a hurry to start his next work but wants time to enjoy what he has just created.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178708 Sep 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
When an artist completes painting of a beautiful master piece.
Then he steps back and folds his arms looking back at his work. Gently rubbing his mustache and pondering about what he has just done.
At this juncture the artist is not in a hurry to start his next work but wants time to enjoy what he has just created.
In the first place it doesn't say he took the time to admire his creation, its says HE RESTED. You conveniently inserted your interpretation to defend what you KNOW is totally unreasonable

If he so enjoyed his creation why didn't he start his next work?

Your interpretation is all wrong anyway, most artists when finished with a work, can't wait to start the next as each is a learning process and the artists can't wait to advance his craft. Many lose interests in the finished product as they have spent so much time and energy with it and do not want to continually revisits it.

You do a good job of attempting to defend your demon God, keep up the good work!!!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178711 Sep 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>In the first place it doesn't say he took the time to admire his creation, its says HE RESTED. You conveniently inserted your interpretation to defend what you KNOW is totally unreasonable
If he so enjoyed his creation why didn't he start his next work?
Your interpretation is all wrong anyway, most artists when finished with a work, can't wait to start the next as each is a learning process and the artists can't wait to advance his craft. Many lose interests in the finished product as they have spent so much time and energy with it and do not want to continually revisits it.
You do a good job of attempting to defend your demon God, keep up the good work!!!
Genesis 1:31

Amplified Bible (AMP)

31 And God saw everything that He had made, and behold, it was very good (suitable, pleasant) and He approved it completely. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.

Genesis 2

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

On the seventh day God did the final touch up, the finishing stroke on his master piece. Then he stopped and rested.

When an artist rest Doctor from creating a master piece. He doesn’t go and lay down for a nap. He stops and takes it the astonishing moment of completion. This is what artist do, engineers, great designers, architects, and builders.

And the Bible does say God evaluated his creation.

How about when a distant runner rest? Does he go and take a nap? Or does he stop and catch his breath and take in his joyous grand achievement. Or when one walks a lengthy park trail and stops to sit on a park bench. Does the hiker lay down and go to sleep? Or do they enjoy the moment of being free.

How about when one climbs Mt. Everest? When the climber reaches the summit on top of the world. Do they not rest and take in the breath taking moment? Or do they say lets go now and climb the next mountain right now?
No Doctor they stop and rest while taking in the moment.

When a hiker reaches the edge of the Grand Canyon overlook. Do they rest and take in the magnificent beauty or do they pull up a cot and lay down and take a nap?

Your interpretation of rest is very narrow and that may fit you personally. But the word rest is much more than an old man snoring in a deep sleep. For those of us who are much more alive than a tired old man. Rest means a time to reflect and enjoy.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178712 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Your assumption exists in your head but not in reality.
You got it bass-ackwards here.

The delusion? Is all you.

For until you **prove** your ugly god is **real**?

You **are** guilty of lying about it.

You have failed to prove your god.

You don't even **try** to do so...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178713 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You need to do a little growing and stop being such a moral weakling. You are shirking your responsibilities both to God and to man.
I have no responsibility to your ugly monster-god.

Until you **prove** your god real, that is.

Can you do it?

No?

Then, respectfully, go f--- yourself.

With a wooden spoon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178714 Sep 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first five books were written by Moses.
No.

Sorry, but nobody who is educated in the subject, believes that one.

Not the Jews. Not the bible scholars (from **real** universities).

So not even close.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178715 Sep 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>He'll tell you it was because of the "Fall" that God permits these kinds of horror's to take place.
That's no excuse: the Natives here in the Americas?

They didn't **get** this "message" until over 1,500 years!

That is some **serious** fail by the god you believe in.

A neglect on the order of magnitude worse than the worst dead-beat dad who ever lived.

In short?

If your god is real?

He kind of a dick.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178716 Sep 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Man disobeys, God get pissed,
Hardly the behavior of a perfect being, is it?

No- more like the behavior of a spoiled brat-- about 2 years of age, and no more.

As I said?

Your god, if real, is an azzhole.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178717 Sep 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be talking about your European friends.
Nope. I'm speaking of the Genuine Christian™ Whitebread **men** who ran the USA when the Cherokees were force-marched to Oklahoma, killing the majority along the way.

Their "justification"? They actually believed the bible's god gave them **dominion** over these... "savages".

They point to the bible, and exclaim it was their right to massacre a whole people.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178718 Sep 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The rule of law is a good thing but so is the personal rights that allow for an advocate and trial by jury of your peers.
Yes-- that is a part of the Rule Of Law, in that the Constitution guarantees this right.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178719 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm speaking of the Genuine Christian™ Whitebread **men** who ran the USA when the Cherokees were force-marched to Oklahoma, killing the majority along the way.
Their "justification"? They actually believed the bible's god gave them **dominion** over these... "savages".
They point to the bible, and exclaim it was their right to massacre a whole people.
I don’t deny the “Trail of Tears.” Nor do I deny that many died along the way.

I wasn’t around when that happened. But I would love to see your historical reference besides chapter six in the imagination of your mind. Especially part about the Bible.

And please no more chapter six references from your hind endus.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178720 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
No.
Sorry, but nobody who is educated in the subject, believes that one.
Not the Jews. Not the bible scholars (from **real** universities).
So not even close.
Biblical Theologians agree that Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible.

Atheist on the other hand don’t believe in the Bible or God. And skeptics that don’t believe in something will not spend the time or effort in validating it.

For example I have an open mind to the issue of Global warming. There are some who swear by it and others who say it’s all wrong. Those that don’t believe in it are not going to put in the effort to find out a more scientific opinion.

If you ask there’re lots of opinions on global warming especially against it. Do those people really know what they are talking about. No because they’re just guessing.

The people that believe in global warming have spent time and effort researching this out. Now who shall I believe the guy who is talking out his a** or someone who has studied the issue at length.

When it comes to the Bible who shall we believe? One who has studied the ancient text, customs and language of the time? And have even went to the historical regions to advance their studies. Or listen to someone who may or may not have a high school education and proclaim they are an expert in the subject matter.

It’s easy for me to decide.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178721 Sep 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I have no responsibility to your ugly monster-god.
Until you **prove** your god real, that is.
Can you do it?
No?
Then, respectfully, go f--- yourself.
With a wooden spoon.
You talk as you believe there's a god. He can't be an ugly monster if he doesn't exist. After reading your text for the last two years I think in your sub conscious you believe there’s a God. And because you believe there’s a God you hate him and everything associated with him. Your sending out conflicting signals Bob.

How can you hate something that doesn’t exist in your mind? Yet you hate God and call him a monster.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178723 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk as you believe there's a god. He can't be an ugly monster if he doesn't exist. After reading your text for the last two years I think in your sub conscious you believe there’s a God. And because you believe there’s a God you hate him and everything associated with him. Your sending out conflicting signals Bob.
How can you hate something that doesn’t exist in your mind? Yet you hate God and call him a monster.
5 Creationist posts on the same page, and you still haven't convinced anybody that god is real.

Location hidden

#178724 Sep 29, 2013
Creationists are scared and bitter people.

Rather than try to understand why atheists say god isn't real, your mental illness makes you think that we deny god.

We cannot deny something that isn't real in the first place Eagle.

I know that you understand this fully, yet you lie about atheists position again and again.

What is wrong with you?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178725 Sep 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Creationists are scared and bitter people.
Rather than try to understand why atheists say god isn't real, your mental illness makes you think that we deny god.
We cannot deny something that isn't real in the first place Eagle.
I know that you understand this fully, yet you lie about atheists position again and again.
What is wrong with you?
Dear Skeptic,

For those like you who are bound are simply depressed and oppressed. It is evident in your sad state you experience great deal unhappiness.

I find that your writings a mixed bag of pitiful hopelessness and misery. Dedicating your life to trying to magnify misery by denying the King of Kings.

There’s joy, peace and happiness in the heats of the free. Freedom from the darkness that overcomes your being. Turn away from the darkness my dear friend and let the light shine upon you.

John 8:12

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178726 Sep 29, 2013
There's no darkness that light can't penetrate.

Location hidden

#178727 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Skeptic,
For those like you who are bound are simply depressed and oppressed. It is evident in your sad state you experience great deal unhappiness.
I find that your writings a mixed bag of pitiful hopelessness and misery. Dedicating your life to trying to magnify misery by denying the King of Kings.
There’s joy, peace and happiness in the heats of the free. Freedom from the darkness that overcomes your being. Turn away from the darkness my dear friend and let the light shine upon you.
John 8:12
"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
Lying creationist waste of space now pleading for us to accept his lies.

When you can prove your god, you wont have to bully, threaten, plead, while or lie to or about atheists anymore.

But will you be a brave and honest person and prove your god?

NOPE! Its a mental illness and atheists are not your doctors

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 16,171
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr One way or another 40,680
Good arguments against Christianity 3 hr superwilly 100
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr _Susan_ 20,608
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr superwilly 3,766
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr Patrick 256
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 3 hr Patrick 23
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Eagle 12 24,080
More from around the web