Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178568 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Christians you personally know that routinely murder six million people?
All the ones who support the ReThuglican desire to bleed the poor and give it to the super-rich.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178569 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Worthcless creationist opinions from a liar with no proof of god and no morals.
You and Bob both are like a couple of little Chihuahua's barking your *sses off. And no one gives a rats *ss. It's always the same ole thing. bark, bark, bark

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178570 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, keep it to yourself.
And that **is** the problem: you Genuine Christians™ keep passing hate-laws based on your ugly cult of hatred.

If you people would keep it to yourself?

Nobody (including me) would give a sh7t.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178571 Sep 27, 2013
Real Advocate Fake Devil wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to know about me is what I say. I don't claim anything about myself because it holds no sway. Everyone makes themselves out to be the perfection of themselves on the internet because there is no one to call them out. This goes on both sides of any argument. It is a natural human need to want to be wanted, and you wish to present yourself as one worthy of such acknowledgement. I get that, I truly, really do. But the only thing of worth in a forum such as this is the weight of your words. It matters not from where a claim is made, but the fact that it was presented. Just because someone was a complete fake on here doesn't mean we all are. You can't say I boast anything about my life because I will never do so, because it doesn't matter.
This I can tell you. We already know you not the brightest light in harbor. So you have told us enough.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178572 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
How many murderers do you personally know? Most of US jails are filled with your cult.
<quoted text>
Rubbish, its religious liars with no evidence who lie again and again in the face of science which shows them up.
<quoted text>
Its a fictional book written by mad people's cult.
<quoted text>
That is how religion started. Before science came along and shat all over it. But cult humans are arrogant and like to lie
<quoted text>
When you have some evidence of god, your lies will matter.
<quoted text>
Creationists like you with no proof of god and simple minded liars. Instead of being brave and confronting the fact that you have no proof, you attack atheists.
This is why you are a cowardly liar.
<quoted text>
Just because you suffer from a mental illness, does not mean we have to hear about it in the atheism forum.
Run along now and hurry up and prove your god instead of lying about atheists and you will get more respect.
Here we go again, blah, blah, blah, cut-n-paste, blah, blah,blah cut-n-paste, blah, blah
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178573 Sep 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
All the ones who support the ReThuglican desire to bleed the poor and give it to the super-rich.
Super rich? Like the Wall street fat cats that got bonuses under the Obama Administration for driving their companies into the ground. Then getting borrowed money from the US to pay their bonuses?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178574 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
And that **is** the problem: you Genuine Christians™ keep passing hate-laws based on your ugly cult of hatred.
If you people would keep it to yourself?
Nobody (including me) would give a sh7t.
That's a laugh Bob. You are grinding an axe because you have one to grind. Even after all these years. Was probation that bad for you?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178575 Sep 27, 2013
I got to go to bed. It's been fun as always. Good night my sweet Atheist friends.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178576 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s like this man. If you ever had to have a lobotomy. They would have to call in a proctologist to do it. Where your brain is supposed to be that’s where your hemorrhoids are found.
I didn’t even read what you wrote because all you have ever done is copy and paste. Nothing original can ever be found it your post it notes.
Show us some for crying out loud. Some real original thoughts.
You can't address a single one of my points you snivelling little creationist coward.

All ad homenem and no answers to give for your disgusting mental illness.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178577 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
I got to go to bed. It's been fun as always. Good night my sweet Atheist friends.
Failed bitter creationist troll who cannot answer a damn thing.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#178578 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Super rich? Like the Wall street fat cats that got bonuses under the Obama Administration for driving their companies into the ground. Then getting borrowed money from the US to pay their bonuses?
Actually I believe it was the Bush administration that allowed the US b(w)ankers to get away with ripping off first the American public, then the world to the extent that it caused global depression and then the American public again

The story. US b(w)ankers invented the sub prime mortgage market. They took commission for financing the dept that they knew would be defaulted on (trance one of profit)

They then packaged (and hid) those debts in with above board financial packages and sold them on to banks around the world,(trance two of profit).

It all went tits up and your government had to bail them out to prevent the complete collapse of the US banking sector (trance three of profit)

Not a bad job, getting paid three times for being a greedy git eh?

This happened in 2007 and 2008, and therefore was in no way connected to anything that Obama has done who was not inaugurated until 2009. Nope he was left with the hole dig by your war monger Bush and his buddy b(w)ankers and to be completely fair, Obama was instrumental in pulling the US out of depression several years before some other countries.

But hey, feel free to lay the blame anywhere you want if it makes your conscience clear.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#178580 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Some of these people would love to put us in box cars and rail road us to the death camps.

If it ever came to that I would take aim for their bellybutton. ItÂ’s below the body armor and secondly thereÂ’s already a hole there.
Nice show of tolerance there, hypocrite.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178582 Sep 27, 2013
Real Advocate Fake Devil wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying refers to willful disinformation. Crazy and confused people believe the things they say. They are not lying for they believe it is actually truth. With that said, it also brings in the word 'fact.' If you claim something is a fact despite the evidence to the contrary, then what you are actually doing is lying. That is a perfect example, thanks for providing me with a demonstration. Education is fun.
You have to be joking you guys have the worst reading comprehension I have ever seen as a group. Even worse than Teabaggers. It's what draws you so heavy to the net to post. Corresponding with you guys is like a ice hockey game being played by people that can not skate.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178583 Sep 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Making a positive claim and then saying that you have absolutely no evidence is foolish, don't make the claim unless you can support it.
Why would anyone one be "honestly interested" in something for which there is no proof? Why would any one invest time and money to investigate that which is nonexistent? Only a complete fool or someone with a serious mental illness would do something so utterly pointless. Until you have proof for your claims you're just another nutcase babbling bullshit!!!!
The message tread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" therefore you are the on that keeps going off topic. From all I have read here your reading comprehension is that bad, you don't get that. Besides you're claiming you have a fact, not I.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178584 Sep 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
A universe that is finite in size but did not begin with a singularity is the result of one attempt to combine aspects of general relativity and quantum mechanics. The history of this no-boundary universe in imaginary time is like the surface of Earth, with the Big Bang equivalent to Earth’s North Pole and the size of the universe increasing with imaginary time as you head south toward the equator.
A proposal first advanced by Stephen Hawking and Jim Hartle, the no-boundary universe is one in which the universe does not start with a singularity. It uses American physicist Richard Feynman’s proposal to treat quantum mechanics as a “sum over histories,” meaning that a particle does not have one history in space-time but instead follows every possible path to reach its current state. By summing these histories—a difficult process that must be done by treating time as imaginary—you can find the probability that the particle passes through a particular point.
Hawking and Hartle then wedded this idea to general relativity’s view that gravity is just a consequence of curved space-time. Under classical general relativity, the universe either has to be infinitely old or had to have started at a singularity. But Hawking and Hartle’s proposal raises a third possibility—that the universe is finite but had no initial singularity to produce a boundary (thus the name).
The geometry of the no-boundary universe would be similar to the geometry of the surface of a sphere, except it would have four dimensions instead of two. You can travel completely around Earth’s surface, for instance, without ever running into an edge. In this analogy, unfolding in imaginary time, Earth’s North Pole represents the Big Bang, marking the start of the universe.(But just as the North Pole is not a singularity, neither is the Big Bang).
reasoner

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#178585 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
.. your reading comprehension is that bad, you don't get that...
Criticising the reading comprehesion of others is not very Jesus of you. You need to up your game if you wish to be considered a genuine Christian.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178586 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope. You, lying about a partial quote of Hawking (a name you **still** cannot spell) was not a "win".
It's just you, playing pigeon chess.
Thank you, I admitted I misspelled his name. Now I spell it correctly. If you could admit you are wrong about some thing you would have hope, instead you will spiral as you are doing. Honestly the fate of your faith does suck. You do exercise a soul as you exercise any part of you. I really do still think you are 400+ pounds

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178587 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court has ruled on that motto:
It's not **religious** in any way.
Meaning? The word "god" in the motto doesn't refer to anything real.
Nice.
Thank God I am alive in such a wonderful country.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178588 Sep 27, 2013
reasoner wrote:
<quoted text>
Criticising the reading comprehesion of others is not very Jesus of you. You need to up your game if you wish to be considered a genuine Christian.
I am not a Christian I am a Pagan. Due to your bad comprehension skills. or true knowledge of the topic, you will continue to believe I am a Christian. I do believe in regressive lives. In other words right after I die, I will work on manifesting and I will recover as a baby once again. That is not Christian belief, but your backwards way of thinking will not accept that. Therefore what is your world I am a Christian.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178589 Sep 27, 2013
Reading your post this morning, I could now conclude atheism is a product of bad comprehension.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min karl44 16,873
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 16 min ChristineM 4,889
The Consequences of Atheism 22 min Uncle Sam 815
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 45 min Thinking 6,059
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr ChristineM 1,663
What evidence make you believe in God/gods? 2 hr Thinking 27
Turkey blocks website of its first atheist asso... 22 hr Thinking 1
More from around the web