Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178468 Sep 25, 2013
danto wrote:
Atheism absolutely requires as much faith as any other religion.
Science uses the senses to repeatedly observe tested hypotheses. The fact that we're not able to sense God with our standard senses exempts this whole topic from science. You can't prove one way or the other. Anyone who tries claiming God exists or doesn't exist is saying so out of blind faith, and nothing more.
Logically speaking, it's easier to assume there was a creator of the universe. However, it is also possible to logically conclude there was not. Logic, reason, nor science are able to give a definite answer on this, and any claim for a definite conclusion one way or the other is based on faith.
I think it initially requires faith to believe in God. But after the years oneís faith can mature to a place where itís just not faith but tested faith. A faith that is based on personal experiences of seeing prayers answered, observing miracles, communication with God, and God communicating back.

Once an individual has tuned in their spirit with God and has learned how to communicate and listen to God. They are now living in a place beyond faith but in absolutes.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178469 Sep 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Are you death proof?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iI8ciuj3QHgXX
Thatís a scary scene for any parent or grandparent to watch. Because we know how lackadaisical kid drivers are. Iím mean they donít have to have someone to deliberately try to kill them such as this clip has.

Kids do a pretty good job of trying to kill themselves. By txting while driving and not paying attention. No Iím not death proof as in the human body. But that doesnít bother me as much as knowing my grandchildren are not death proof.

I donít want them leaving before me nor my children before me because my flesh loves them so much.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178470 Sep 25, 2013
danto wrote:
Atheism absolutely requires as much faith as any other religion.
Science uses the senses to repeatedly observe tested hypotheses. The fact that we're not able to sense God with our standard senses exempts this whole topic from science. You can't prove one way or the other. Anyone who tries claiming God exists or doesn't exist is saying so out of blind faith, and nothing more.
Logically speaking, it's easier to assume there was a creator of the universe. However, it is also possible to logically conclude there was not. Logic, reason, nor science are able to give a definite answer on this, and any claim for a definite conclusion one way or the other is based on faith.
youre lying
you must be xian

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismmyths/a/fa...
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178471 Sep 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me explain, a wise person sounds foolish to a fool. Simply because the fool is void of understanding truth and therefore accepts the word of other fools.
Fools live in a world of their own imagination and often like to prop up each others insecurity. Kind of like the little kid that heard something in the closet. And the little guy starts saying over and over,ďthereís no such things as ghost.Ē
And the other little kid says,ďyea, your right, thereís no such things as ghost.Ē Then both run out of the room in fear. Atheist are constantly trying to reassure each other thereís no God.
If truly an Atheist knew beyond the shadow of any doubt there was no God. He or she would be a peace with themselves. Instead about 200 times a day here on topix our Atheist friends keep saying,ďThere is no such thing as God.Ē Like the little kid that was scared. Over and over, many times a day.
Hoping if they say it enough times it will be true. But the only truth is their insecurity. I mean really, if I was an Atheist and knew God wasnít real. I wouldnít give a rats a** what other people believed.
But our topix atheist such as yourself arenít really sure.
youre lying and projecting,again

why dont YOU stay away from atheist forum?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178472 Sep 25, 2013
You asked me a question so I will answer.

Iím a free man living in a free country. My forefathers purchased our freedom with great sacrifice. That gives me the right to free speech and the right of freedom of religion.

I know thatís a really hard pill for militant Atheist to take. People living free and embracing freedom. But in my country we can and have a choice.

This site does not belong to this group or that group. It is an open forum. Do you understand what that means? Open, meaning free people can come on here and express their views. This is not North Korea.

If you want to go to the closed society like North Korea. Knock yourself out and go over there and starve with them. Youíll like it because thereís no freedom. The fantasy many Atheist have that religion is going to go away some day is just that a fantasy.

Religion is not going away, never. I donít agree with every religion but I do agree that people can believe as they choose including the right not to believe. Freedom, my friend means just that, freedom.

I never thought that would ever have to defend the right to be free. But I have found the old communist guard lives on. And they would love nothing more than to rid the world of freedom.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178473 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me explain, a wise person sounds foolish to a fool. Simply because the fool is void of understanding truth and therefore accepts the word of other fools.
Fools live in a world of their own imagination and often like to prop up each others insecurity. Kind of like the little kid that heard something in the closet. And the little guy starts saying over and over,ďthereís no such things as ghost.Ē
And the other little kid says,ďyea, your right, thereís no such things as ghost.Ē Then both run out of the room in fear. Atheist are constantly trying to reassure each other thereís no God.
If truly an Atheist knew beyond the shadow of any doubt there was no God. He or she would be a peace with themselves. Instead about 200 times a day here on topix our Atheist friends keep saying,ďThere is no such thing as God.Ē Like the little kid that was scared. Over and over, many times a day.
Hoping if they say it enough times it will be true. But the only truth is their insecurity. I mean really, if I was an Atheist and knew God wasnít real. I wouldnít give a rats a** what other people believed.
But our topix atheist such as yourself arenít really sure.
All you need to do is prove the god you're lying to us about, and you instantly stop sucking at life.

Location hidden

#178474 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Iím a free man living in a free country. My forefathers purchased our freedom with great sacrifice. That gives me the right to free speech and the right of freedom of religion.
I know thatís a really hard pill for militant Atheist to take. People living free and embracing freedom. But in my country we can and have a choice.
This site does not belong to this group or that group. It is an open forum. Do you understand what that means? Open, meaning free people can come on here and express their views. This is not North Korea.
If you want to go to the closed society like North Korea. Knock yourself out and go over there and starve with them. Youíll like it because thereís no freedom. The fantasy many Atheist have that religion is going to go away some day is just that a fantasy.
Religion is not going away, never. I donít agree with every religion but I do agree that people can believe as they choose including the right not to believe. Freedom, my friend means just that, freedom.
I never thought that would ever have to defend the right to be free. But I have found the old communist guard lives on. And they would love nothing more than to rid the world of freedom.
Freedom means freedom from bullsh*t and your cult is bullsh*t.

If you cult claims god is real, it needs to prove it in a court of law before it prints books or builds buildings or gets involved with abortion or politics of any kind.

That's how the world works for everything else.

If you don't want to go through a court of law to prove your cult. then you need to class it at "fiction" and stop lying to everyone around you.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178475 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do is prove the god you're lying to us about, and you instantly stop sucking at life.
I have nothing I have to prove to you Mr. Skeptic. I donít need your permission or approval for what I do. Iím a free man and do what I please and when I please.

You donít rate in my world as anything other than one who loves oppression. Because you are a lonely soul who has never felt love or been loved. I canít help how you were raised.

But tyranny has no part of me or who I am. You live in misery because that is all you have ever known. I live in peace and joy because of the Lord Jesus Christ. You have a choice Mr. Skeptic and you have chosen to be unhappy as an Atheist.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178476 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cult claims god is real, it needs to prove it in a court of law before it prints books or builds buildings or gets involved with abortion or politics of any kind.
If you don't want to go through a court of law to prove your cult. then you need to class it at "fiction" and stop lying to everyone around you.
Sir, you are a day late and a dollar short standing at the bus station.

The law of the land has already been established and tested in court. And that law is as follows:

First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Your communistic ideology isnít a factor in the United States of America.

Notice the words ďor prohibiting the fee exercise thereof.Ē

We are a free people and we were born free and we shall die free.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178477 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact I will tell you how committed to freedom this country is. Every elected official from the local level all the way to the President of the United States takes a public oath. That oath is the swearing to protect and defend the constitution of the United States.

It also included military officers, police officers, and judges.

You Sir are not going to change that kind of 200 plus years of entrenchment. So dream on Scooter.

Location hidden

#178478 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact I will tell you how committed to freedom this country is. Every elected official from the local level all the way to the President of the United States takes a public oath. That oath is the swearing to protect and defend the constitution of the United States.
It also included military officers, police officers, and judges.
You Sir are not going to change that kind of 200 plus years of entrenchment. So dream on Scooter.
Apologist nonsense from the creationist liar with no proof god

Location hidden

#178479 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing I have to prove to you Mr. Skeptic. I donít need your permission or approval for what I do. Iím a free man and do what I please and when I please.
You donít rate in my world as anything other than one who loves oppression. Because you are a lonely soul who has never felt love or been loved. I canít help how you were raised.
But tyranny has no part of me or who I am. You live in misery because that is all you have ever known. I live in peace and joy because of the Lord Jesus Christ. You have a choice Mr. Skeptic and you have chosen to be unhappy as an Atheist.
cant prove and wont prove yet opens his trap and spams the forums with creationist symptoms
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178480 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
cant prove and wont prove yet opens his trap and spams the forums with creationist symptoms
Itís not my fault how you were raised and how you turned out.

Go ahead and tell people how you were raised up. I didnít have anything to do with it, nothing. And the bad decisions you made as an adult were yours and yours alone.

You could have changed but you decided to go a different direction. Whoís fault is that? Yours Mr. Skeptic.

People can decide for themselves to be happy and free from tyranny or accept freedom of choice.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178481 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís not my fault how you were raised and how you turned out.

Go ahead and tell people how you were raised up. I didnít have anything to do with it, nothing. And the bad decisions you made as an adult were yours and yours alone.

You could have changed but you decided to go a different direction. Whoís fault is that? Yours Mr. Skeptic.

People can decide for themselves to be happy and free from tyranny accepting freedom of choice. Without choice you have no liberty.

You are a fine example of what militant Atheism stands for Mr. Skeptic. Bitterness, hatred, tyranny, oppression, depression, suppression. No thank you, I donít need your brand of government.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178482 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Give me liberty, or give me death!"

wiki:

"Give me liberty, or give me death!" is a quotation attributed to Patrick Henry from a speech he made to the Virginia Convention. On that day, at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia, he is credited with having swung the balance in convincing the Virginia House of Burgesses to pass a resolution delivering the Virginia troops to the Revolutionary War. Among the delegates to the convention were future U.S. Presidents Thomas Jefferson and George Washington.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178483 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Um...good for you?

Utterly nothing to do with the topic of this discussion, but whatever...
LCNLin

United States

#178484 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom means freedom from bullsh*t
and your cult is bullsh*t.

"...from bullsh*t and your cult is bullsh*t...."

Another funny example of atheists using reason and science to prove their religion ...
oh they never admit to that :-)
<laughing>
LCNLin

United States

#178485 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
ATHEISM

"Just
Prove
It"
So far you have given us no indication that you have proof ;-)
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178486 Sep 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...good for you?
Utterly nothing to do with the topic of this discussion, but whatever...
exactly,makes one wonder if hes so happy why is he here every day deffending his Evil cult of chrisINSANITY !

now watch the other Kristain Trolls come running soon as they see atheist post!LLLL
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#178487 Sep 26, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Consequences of Atheism 18 min Uncle Sam 744
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 52 min ChristineM 4,806
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr ChristineM 16,714
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr ChristineM 6,034
Is Religion Childish? 3 hr ChristineM 138
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 3 hr ChristineM 3,036
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response 5 hr thetruth 6
More from around the web