Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255504 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178541 Sep 26, 2013
I know what’s motivating you Bob. It’s anger, a deep seated anger at what happened to you in the past. It made you so very bitter. You have been marked. The community knows what you did. It’s like you are carrying a sign over your head.

So you fight back with a fierce vicious way.

But who put you in the place you found yourself in Bob?

It was you.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178542 Sep 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions."
Only a partial truth when one considers the millions that died under communism which by the way embraced Atheism as part of it’s ideology.

Atheist have long wanted to rewrite history as Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao Tse-tung were all responsible for millions of deaths.

So why would you ignore the hundreds of millions that have died under communism? Was it ok that communism murdered millions but it’s not ok for religious deaths?

That’s ok Doctor you can excuse communism. Most Atheist do.
LCNLin

United States

#178543 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a partial truth when one considers the millions that died under communism which by the way embraced Atheism as part of it’s ideology.
Atheist have long wanted to rewrite history as Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao Tse-tung were all responsible for millions of deaths.
So why would you ignore the hundreds of millions that have died under communism? Was it ok that communism murdered millions but it’s not ok for religious deaths?
atheist lost a great deal of control with the fall of communism?

Since: May 13

United States

#178544 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not on a world mission to eliminate religious freedom. I don’t plan to go to a country that doesn’t embrace religious freedom. But since you Atheist want a world free of religion. What the heck, Go to Iran and start preaching the communist ideology of doing away with religion.
I think you should have a world convention there every year. Atheist from all over the world could meet and pass out propaganda.
So... Help me, I'm failing to follow, because Stalin was an atheist, all atheists must be Stalinsit communists? I guess, then, that christians must be fascist nazis? And before you say Hitler was an atheist, I present you with this quote:

"
Hitler wrote: "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

United States

#178545 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a ruthless tyrant is of a particular belief does not mean all people of that belief is as flawed. Hitler was a christian, as was Charlemagne, who set forth great war time disasters. Not to mention the glee yahweh takes in the destruction of the fictional cities of the old testament. Don't be both the pot and the kettle.

United States

#178546 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not on a world mission to eliminate religious freedom. I don’t plan to go to a country that doesn’t embrace religious freedom. But since you Atheist want a world free of religion. What the heck, Go to Iran and start preaching the communist ideology of doing away with religion.
I think you should have a world convention there every year. Atheist from all over the world could meet and pass out propaganda.
Even better, since we are judging entire groups of people by the actions of a few, how about mentioning all the child molestation the christians have been participating in? At first it was the catholic church, then baptist, then the mega churches. Like I said, since we're making that leap, I personally don't want to converse with a child molester.

United States

#178547 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The girls (daughters) are pretty much running the business.
No it’s far from being a tall tale. When we started in January, I thought this will all be over in two months. Boy did my daughter and daughter-in-law prove me wrong.
I wish I could tell you more about it but because of security reasons with the topix community I just couldn’t do it. Like I said it is related to Health industry.
Anything in healthcare and improving the quality of life for the baby boomers and those behind them is going to be big business. We have struck a gold mine.
My guess is that he's lying, but let's take a scientific look at his statement. First of all he states that the business is booming despite his absence. That might add to the credibility of the business, but he also could be fabricating, knowing that someone of his intellect would hinder the growth of a business and thus removing him from the equation grants his hypothetical capitalist venture prestige.
Secondly, he speaks of health benefits, but is afraid to speak of what actual benefits one might gain. Anyone with any experience dealing with these types should recognize the tactics of someone trying to sell homeopathy or some other new age energy bs. He has realized the fruitfulness of deceiving the masses. This fool may be a wolf in sheep's clothing, stripping the naive, while only blinded to the truth by his own greed. He thinks he is something special. I agree with the last word.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178548 Sep 26, 2013
Real Advocate Fake Devil wrote:
<quoted text>
So... Help me, I'm failing to follow, because Stalin was an atheist, all atheists must be Stalinsit communists? I guess, then, that christians must be fascist nazis? And before you say Hitler was an atheist, I present you with this quote:
"
Hitler wrote: "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
Not all Atheist are communist. And not all Atheist hold extreme bigoted views.

But there are many militant Atheist that do hold deep bigoted views. Many of them are found right here on topix. Intolerance of another persons color or faith is bigotry. These extreme bigoted and intolerant individuals would love to remove the rights to freedom of religion.

I’ve been here on this topix channel for a couple of years now. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard Hitler was a Christian. They have him right up there next to Jesus Christ. History has already told us what Hitler was.

There was a movie a few years ago based on a true story. Of a 17 year old who pretended to be an airline pilot, a medical Doctor, and a lawyer. The movie was called “Catch me if you can.” Do you remember it? This kid actually gets a job over the Emergency Room as the director!

This kid fooled a lot of professional people pretending to be someone else. Because he played the role of a Medical Doctor didn‘t mean he was actually a Doctor. Because he played an Airline pilot doesn’t qualify him to fly 707 airliners.

There are people that play the role of cops and they even do traffic stops. But they’re fakes. For every Rolex watch that’s made there’s three or four fakes made to look like a Rolex. Hitler was a fake, a monster and still today there are people who want to believe he was a genuine Christian. Why? Because if fits their twisted and demented ideology.

When it comes to historical communism. There is no separating Atheism from their ideology. It was a big part of what they believed and in the name of communism hundreds of millions were killed. Many were starved but millions were murdered also. A point so selectively overlooked by topix Atheist.

So if you want to pass off a fake rolex as real, you'll fool some but the people that really know rolex won't be fooled. So a fool can fool another fool.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178549 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
My guess is that he's lying, but let's take a scientific look at his statement. First of all he states that the business is booming despite his absence. That might add to the credibility of the business, but he also could be fabricating, knowing that someone of his intellect would hinder the growth of a business and thus removing him from the equation grants his hypothetical capitalist venture prestige.
Secondly, he speaks of health benefits, but is afraid to speak of what actual benefits one might gain. Anyone with any experience dealing with these types should recognize the tactics of someone trying to sell homeopathy or some other new age energy bs. He has realized the fruitfulness of deceiving the masses. This fool may be a wolf in sheep's clothing, stripping the naive, while only blinded to the truth by his own greed. He thinks he is something special. I agree with the last word.
My guess is you will never know. I won’t reveal my business because of the deviants here on topix. And for all I know you might be one of them.

There are pretenders and liars here on topix. Men that pretend to be women for example. Gays that pretend to be straight. Some people even have taken on two or three roles of different people.

There was this one guy claiming he was a Lear Jet Pilot. When I asked him a aeronautical question he couldn’t answer. It was the kind of a question a real jet pilot would know the answer too.

So yes, there’s a lot of misinformation and lying going on. But over the years I have opened up a bit about myself and a little bit about my history. The information about myself was true. There were some that claimed I was lying.

I have even told people where I live. So what the heck, who cares? But what I won’t do is tell everyone here everything because of the criminal element that operates in topix. So keeping some level of anonymity is important for safety sake for everyone.

So let’s here something about you.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178550 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Because a ruthless tyrant is of a particular belief does not mean all people of that belief is as flawed. Hitler was a christian, as was Charlemagne, who set forth great war time disasters. Not to mention the glee yahweh takes in the destruction of the fictional cities of the old testament. Don't be both the pot and the kettle.
How many Christians you personally know that routinely murder six million people?

Atheist try often to twist and bend history to fit their belief system. But history is already written.

Like I have said only a fool will believe what another fool has to say. Atheist aren’t fooling anyone but themselves.

Everyone once in a while a Atheist will come here that’s not a ignorant fool. I’ve grown up around Atheist. My father was one and one of my very good co-workers was and still is an Atheist. Neither one was a imbecile.

There’s some really good intelligent Atheist out there but not that many hanging out here. A few peak in and out but not many. You have already spilled the beans on your level of intelligence by claiming Hitler was a Christian.

That tells us a lot about what you believe. Your another one of those guys that go to an Atheist web site. Pull off the shelf a canned answer that some other atheist botched up and placed on the shelf. Nothing original and thought up by you. All of it’s prepackaged from the Atheist store.

Holy freaking cow chips like we need another atheistbot.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178551 Sep 26, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
atheist lost a great deal of control with the fall of communism?
Atheism is not communism, so you're stupid for claiming they are the same.

Only when you can prove the creationist god you lie about, you will reach salvation.

Location hidden

#178552 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Atheist are communist. And not all Atheist hold extreme bigoted views.
But there are many militant Atheist that do hold deep bigoted views. Many of them are found right here on topix. Intolerance of another persons color or faith is bigotry. These extreme bigoted and intolerant individuals would love to remove the rights to freedom of religion.
I’ve been here on this topix channel for a couple of years now. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard Hitler was a Christian. They have him right up there next to Jesus Christ. History has already told us what Hitler was.
There was a movie a few years ago based on a true story. Of a 17 year old who pretended to be an airline pilot, a medical Doctor, and a lawyer. The movie was called “Catch me if you can.” Do you remember it? This kid actually gets a job over the Emergency Room as the director!
This kid fooled a lot of professional people pretending to be someone else. Because he played the role of a Medical Doctor didn‘t mean he was actually a Doctor. Because he played an Airline pilot doesn’t qualify him to fly 707 airliners.
There are people that play the role of cops and they even do traffic stops. But they’re fakes. For every Rolex watch that’s made there’s three or four fakes made to look like a Rolex. Hitler was a fake, a monster and still today there are people who want to believe he was a genuine Christian. Why? Because if fits their twisted and demented ideology.
When it comes to historical communism. There is no separating Atheism from their ideology. It was a big part of what they believed and in the name of communism hundreds of millions were killed. Many were starved but millions were murdered also. A point so selectively overlooked by topix Atheist.
So if you want to pass off a fake rolex as real, you'll fool some but the people that really know rolex won't be fooled. So a fool can fool another fool.
Worthcless creationist opinions from a liar with no proof of god and no morals.

Location hidden

#178553 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is you will never know. I won’t reveal my business because of the deviants here on topix. And for all I know you might be one of them.
There are pretenders and liars here on topix. Men that pretend to be women for example. Gays that pretend to be straight. Some people even have taken on two or three roles of different people.
There was this one guy claiming he was a Lear Jet Pilot. When I asked him a aeronautical question he couldn’t answer. It was the kind of a question a real jet pilot would know the answer too.
So yes, there’s a lot of misinformation and lying going on. But over the years I have opened up a bit about myself and a little bit about my history. The information about myself was true. There were some that claimed I was lying.
I have even told people where I live. So what the heck, who cares? But what I won’t do is tell everyone here everything because of the criminal element that operates in topix. So keeping some level of anonymity is important for safety sake for everyone.
Religious liar, trying desperately to get members for his cult by lying to them.

Can't prove your god and won't admit that you're lying about it. No shame

United States

#178554 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to know about me is what I say. I don't claim anything about myself because it holds no sway. Everyone makes themselves out to be the perfection of themselves on the internet because there is no one to call them out. This goes on both sides of any argument. It is a natural human need to want to be wanted, and you wish to present yourself as one worthy of such acknowledgement. I get that, I truly, really do. But the only thing of worth in a forum such as this is the weight of your words. It matters not from where a claim is made, but the fact that it was presented. Just because someone was a complete fake on here doesn't mean we all are. You can't say I boast anything about my life because I will never do so, because it doesn't matter.

Location hidden

#178555 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Christians you personally know that routinely murder six million people?
How many murderers do you personally know? Most of US jails are filled with your cult.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist try often to twist and bend history to fit their belief system.
Rubbish, its religious liars with no evidence who lie again and again in the face of science which shows them up.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text> But history is already written.
Its a fictional book written by mad people's cult.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I have said only a fool will believe what another fool has to say.
That is how religion started. Before science came along and shat all over it. But cult humans are arrogant and like to lie
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist aren’t fooling anyone but themselves.
When you have some evidence of god, your lies will matter.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone once in a while a Atheist will come here that’s not a ignorant fool. I’ve grown up around Atheist. My father was one and one of my very good co-workers was and still is an Atheist. Neither one was a imbecile.
Creationists like you with no proof of god and simple minded liars. Instead of being brave and confronting the fact that you have no proof, you attack atheists.

This is why you are a cowardly liar.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s some really good intelligent Atheist out there but not that many hanging out here. A few peak in and out but not many. You have already spilled the beans on your level of intelligence by claiming Hitler was a Christian.
That tells us a lot about what you believe. Your another one of those guys that go to an Atheist web site. Pull off the shelf a canned answer that some other atheist botched up and placed on the shelf. Nothing original and thought up by you. All of it’s prepackaged from the Atheist store.
Holy freaking cow chips like we need another atheistbot.
Just because you suffer from a mental illness, does not mean we have to hear about it in the atheism forum.

Run along now and hurry up and prove your god instead of lying about atheists and you will get more respect.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178556 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Even better, since we are judging entire groups of people by the actions of a few, how about mentioning all the child molestation the christians have been participating in? At first it was the catholic church, then baptist, then the mega churches. Like I said, since we're making that leap, I personally don't want to converse with a child molester.
Of course you realize that Atheist are not precluded from this list? Atheist are not precluded from any criminal acts including murder.

I don’t care who they are or even if it’s the Pope himself. Crimes against children need to be punished. This Sandusky case for example. A entire University hid the fact this man was abusing children.

The solution is to hang them in front of the town square if they are indeed guilty. If they would have done that 20 years ago there would be a lot less of that going on today.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178557 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious liar, trying desperately to get members for his cult by lying to them.
Can't prove your god and won't admit that you're lying about it. No shame
blah blah blah, learn to say something new.

Location hidden

#178558 Sep 27, 2013
The reason why most people are religious in the world today is because they fail at formal logic and are emotionally and ego driven.

This is why people lie about god. Logic is hard and emotion is easy. Being right also "feels" good to the cult believer.

In many cults, the stronger the defiance to the facts, the higher the "high" of belief / conviction.

Its a perverse phenomenon.

Location hidden

#178559 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you realize that Atheist are not precluded from this list? Atheist are not precluded from any criminal acts including murder.
Of course, but religion gives people a reason more often than not and that is proven. "Why do most crazies believe they are jesus / god?" If they weren't brainwashed, they would not think in this illogical way.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t care who they are or even if it’s the Pope himself. Crimes against children need to be punished.
But cults have double standards when it comes to this.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>This Sandusky case for example. A entire University hid the fact this man was abusing children.
The solution is to hang them in front of the town square if they are indeed guilty. If they would have done that 20 years ago there would be a lot less of that going on today.
Again, religious people like yourself have murderous tendencies and are not to be trusted. You exact an absoluticed justice based on faith.

The reason you talk about hanging an entire university in front of its town, is the same reason why religion flies people into buildings.

Its you that ruin the world for the everyone else by wanting death and destruction wantonly because of religious right.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178560 Sep 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> WTH are you babbling about? This is a free country, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It doesn't bother me that you believe Mickey Mouse was caught in a mouse trap, put in a matchbox for 3 days. Rose from the dead and is now the King of the molehill rats. Just don't expect me to but your place mats and matching curtains.
In your case I believe you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 2 min emperorjohn 189
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 10 min Richardfs 14,909
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 min thetruth 34,734
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 19 min thetruth 132
News Are There Atheists in the Foxholes? 22 min thetruth 60
News Atheist group in Kenya tests boundaries of reli... 25 min thetruth 27
Reasoning with Insanity 26 min thetruth 61
There are no such things as gods or fairies 1 hr thetruth 98
More from around the web