Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
170,861 - 170,880 of 226,379 Comments Last updated 57 min ago

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178145 Sep 22, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
learn the diff between printed ,distributed and best SELLING,
here read it again,,then talk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-sel...
Indeed.

I would wager than out of every 100,000 bibles printed? Less than 20 are actually read by anyone, to any great length.

The rest? A single verse here or there, then put away.

Or even worse? Nobody opens it at all-- they are purchased to give away to others, in hopes of prosylitizing.

Think of the millions of gideon bibles in hotels the world over-- nobody reads those things.

But I have known people who loved them as rolling papers.... that rice paper is so thin, you see...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178146 Sep 22, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
That is some nice story-telling.
But it fails to explain why your god refuses the endless prayers of parents and nurses, to save the lives of infants who are dying.
Why does your god make seemingly random "miracles" here and there, but refuses to help the most innocent of lives?(infants)
So you are asking why doesnít God circumvent death for children and babies when prayed for?

First let me say it is always acceptable to pray for the dying and the sick. That itís never out of order in my opinion.
God will heal whom he desires to heal and take whom he wants to take. The decision is Gods.

Having said that all living things die. As I said before death is part of life. That is a scientific fact and biological fact. It is also a biblical fact.

Mark Chapter 10:13-16
13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and [his] disciples rebuked those that brought [them].
14 But when Jesus saw [it], he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
16 And he took them up in his arms, put [his] hands upon them, and blessed them.

Since I have answered your question twice itís my turn to ask you a related question. What has atheism done in particular as a unified group to help advance medical science and healthcare for babies and children?

Is there an Atheist Cancer Hospital for children or an Atheist sponsored world renown childrenís medical facility?

Or is this pretty much what Christians do with our hospitals?

Psalm 48:14

For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178147 Sep 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They give bibles away in motel rooms. I have a collection. I don't pay for the motel room either.
Emergency toilet paper?

;)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178148 Sep 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They give bibles away in motel rooms. I have a collection. I don't pay for the motel room either.
The have bed bugs too, and you don't have to pay for those either, lol. They just come home with you.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178149 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I've never read your atheist book. Who wrote it? It sounds interesting.
But I **have** read the bible, cover-to-cover, 100's of times.
How on **earth** do you think I lost all my faith in gods?
By reading the **bible** of course.
:)
You can download it on your Kindle. I have one on mine. Yes I own the Atheist Manifesto.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178150 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>
6 billion is a dishonest figure, and you know it.
What is the percentage of bibles bought TO BE READ?
Less than 1%? I think 1% would be grossly generous...
.. more likely, the value is less than 1 in 1000 was actually purchased to be **read**....
... how many of the millions of Gideon bibles in motels, are actually ... read?
As compared to the many who are taken to be used more creatively, such as toilet paper, rolling papers, notepaper, wrapping paper, etc....
I missed the NFL game this evening between Dallas Cowboys and the St Louis Rams.

But I did look up the score and it was reported Dallas 31 and the Rams 7.

Now I retrieved that score from the internet just like I retrieved the information on the number of bibles printed and or sold.

Note: It has been my observance in life the team that loses never likes the score. And my team the Rams lost today, lol.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178151 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
I would wager than out of every 100,000 bibles printed? Less than 20 are actually read by anyone, to any great length.
Or even worse? Nobody opens it at all-- they are purchased to give away to others, in hopes of prosylitizing.
Think of the millions of gideon bibles in hotels the world over-- nobody reads those things.
But I have known people who loved them as rolling papers.... that rice paper is so thin, you see...
Rolling papers for weed? Hope not in a non smoking room.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178152 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
I donít know if you ever wear cowboy boots. I love them but canít wear them because they hurt my feet.

But thereís nothing like smelling a fresh new pair of boots still in the box. The same for nice leather bibles. They have smell that is sooooo good.

Itís better than sniffing Freon and it wonít hurt you either, lol.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178153 Sep 22, 2013
good night my loving Atheist. Work tomorrow!

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#178154 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Emergency toilet paper?
;)
And other things.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#178155 Sep 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didnít ask me specifically a question. I responded to a question you asked someone else related to peanut and bee allergies.
As I stated before, Jesus never criticized anyone who went to a Doctor. The Apostle Paul had a good friend who was known as the ďBeloved Physician.Ē
This Physician was one of the earliest disciples and was thought to have written one of the four gospels.
So what is wrong with seeking medical help when one is in trouble with Anaphylactic Shock?
The answer more precisely is nothing is wrong with seeking medical help. Itís not forbidden in the bible. It has never been forbidden in the bible, ever.
There is no eleventh commandment that says,ďThou shalt not seek medical attention or call 911.Ē
So now my question to you. Why do you think believers should refrain from seeking medical attention for Anaphylactic Shock?
Did not God allow men to try and help themselves? If a man falls into a hole is it wrong for someone to come along and throw him a rope?
In your analogy why doesnít God throw them the rope and save them every time? In that case why doesnít God do everything including building bridges, schools, houses, citiesÖÖÖÖÖ..?
We as humanity can do some things ourselves. And we should do all we can before we pick up the phone and call heaven for help.
So --What is the cure for bee sting allergies and peanut allergies according to your bible? Note I am keeping things very simple here for you. If "your" god is all knowing, he must have specific directives in your bible for the cure of bee sting and peanut allergies that kill hundreds (if not thousands) of people every year on this planet that he created in but six days (he had to rest on the seventh day because he was exhausted, even thought he was all powerful. Something does not ring true here.). So, I am asking the "Great Eagle" to provide the answer to these very elemenatary questions. After you give a sufficient answer, we will proceed to the next "arena" (like in Roman times, a fight to the Death). Until that time, you must answer the question. To be fair, have you any questions for me?

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#178156 Sep 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Bet you wish you were retired!!! LOL!

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#178157 Sep 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
What happened to your icon?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178158 Sep 23, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
So --What is the cure for bee sting allergies and peanut allergies according to your bible? Note I am keeping things very simple here for you. If "your" god is all knowing, he must have specific directives in your bible for the cure of bee sting and peanut allergies that kill hundreds (if not thousands) of people every year on this planet that he created in but six days (he had to rest on the seventh day because he was exhausted, even thought he was all powerful. Something does not ring true here.). So, I am asking the "Great Eagle" to provide the answer to these very elemenatary questions. After you give a sufficient answer, we will proceed to the next "arena" (like in Roman times, a fight to the Death). Until that time, you must answer the question. To be fair, have you any questions for me?
Iím not aware of a cure per say in the bible for people who are allergic to bee stings and or peanut allergies. There is a treatment such as the EpiPen that Iím sure you are aware of.

For those that donít know this is a devise that injects epinephrine into the body. Usually applied to the upper thigh. I have both the EpiPen and the training Pen in my home for my Grandson.

This technology actually derives from the Military.

Modern medicine has made some gains in treating people who are subject to severe anaphylactic shock. I donít know anyone who has had this treatment but reportedly it works well in preventing future adverse reactions.

As I stated earlier, the bible is not anti-medicine nor anti-medical doctors. You can note there are hundreds and hundreds of Christian funded hospitals here in the United States. And Christian faiths support research in their hospitals to advance medicine.

But Iím not aware of hospitals or medical research facilities funded mostly by Atheist. They donít exist, and I wonder why. This all knowing God gave mankind the intelligence to take care of himself through medicine.

Iím going to make things simple for you my good Atheist friend. There is an underlying theme here that Iím driving at and you are having problems grasping it.

Remember in Kindergarten when the teacher gave you a page with number dots. Then she asked you to connect the dots. What happened when you connected the dots? You saw the whole picture.

Now itís your turn to answer my question. Atheist are so quick to criticize people of faith over medicine. Yet we have thousands of Hospitals and medical research facilities.
The Atheist have none. Note Secular Hospitals are NOT funded by Atheist only.

Secular Hospitals are funded by Government in which the majority of the population supports. The majority of the US population is Christian and or some other faith.

Why do Atheist as a whole donít own Hospitals?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178159 Sep 23, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to your icon?
Topix may have banned me but I'm not sure.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178160 Sep 23, 2013
Would I go to an all funded Atheist Hospital?

I donít think so. I would want to go where there was not even a hope and a prayer.

Take a walk into some of the cities around the US Christian Hospitals. Note how clean and modern the facilities are. Not only are they clean and nice they have some of the very best medical staff.

We donít have to worry about the Atheist Community funding a modern hospital. It kind of goes against the grain. It would require them to give something to fund it.
And it goes against the Atheist creed, Me-Myself-I.
reasoner

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#178161 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
..We donít have to worry about the Atheist Community funding a modern hospital. It kind of goes against the grain. It would require them to give something to fund it.
And it goes against the Atheist creed, Me-Myself-I.
In Europe we have publically funded health care, and a parallel private system for those who can afford to pay. This in my opinion is a lot fairer system (and has nothing to do with religious myths). All taxpayers pay into this through the tax system, and it means people arent going to die in the streets through not being insured, which is what I believe can happen if you rely on insurance or private donations. I would prefer to have a system which is reliant on a quality public service than put any trust in religious charities (which are proven quote often to be run by charlatans).
Simon

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#178162 Sep 23, 2013
I have no idea where you are getting you facts from but no religions organisation builds or funds hospitals. Sure they may have a name that sounds remotely christian but that is more for image, something to keep the weak minded who need to believe in something greater, happy.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178165 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not aware of a cure per say in the bible for people who are allergic to bee stings and or peanut allergies. There is a treatment such as the EpiPen that Iím sure you are aware of.
For those that donít know this is a devise that injects epinephrine into the body. Usually applied to the upper thigh. I have both the EpiPen and the training Pen in my home for my Grandson.
Modern medicine has made some gains in treating people who are subject to severe anaphylactic shock. I donít know anyone who has had this treatment but reportedly it works well in preventing future adverse reactions.
As I stated earlier, the bible is not anti-medicine nor anti-medical doctors. You can note there are hundreds and hundreds of Christian funded hospitals here in the United States. And Christian faiths support research in their hospitals to advance medicine.
But Iím not aware of hospitals or medical research facilities funded mostly by Atheist. They donít exist, and I wonder why. This all knowing God gave mankind the intelligence to take care of himself through medicine.
Iím going to make things simple for you my good Atheist friend. There is an underlying theme here that Iím driving at and you are having problems grasping it.
Remember in Kindergarten when the teacher gave you a page with number dots. Then she asked you to connect the dots. What happened when you connected the dots? You saw the whole picture.
Now itís your turn to answer my question. Atheist are so quick to criticize people of faith over medicine. Yet we have thousands of Hospitals and medical research facilities.
Secular Hospitals are funded by Government in which the majority of the population supports. The majority of the US population is Christian and or some other faith.
Sometimes I wonder if you creationists troll liars sit around all day thinking to yourselves: "What's the stupidest most ignorant sh*t I can post in the atheism forum today and then lie about while trying to defend this utter bollocks cult I was stupid enough to get myself into?"

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178166 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your coversation is a symptom of the mental illness of creationism.

Atheism is not a religion or an organisation, its merely the conclusion after all the religious liars in the world have been exposed by hard science.

This is why atheists don't own whole hospitals.

Atheism is not a reason to care about other people. Atheists do care about other people, but their atheism is not the reason why they do it.

If you like, atheists have higher morals - they don't need childish religious stories to make them behave. They do it anyway.

Atheists find the world scary when the only thing between murder and a christian is an imaginary god and a dying cult that builds buildings every 30 minutes from each other with gigantic crosses on top of them (and lightening conductors).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 2 hr _Bad Company 1
The Ultimate Evidence of God 3 hr Patrick 61
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 3 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 4 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 4 hr CunningLinguist 39
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr CunningLinguist 427
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••