Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255959 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178197 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country if you were hungry or homeless you’re better off seeking a religious based charity. Our church operates a food pantry. It’s not cheap foods either but good quality foods.
Atheist don’t have anything, nothing because like I said as a organized caring group. They don’t participate and they will never participate in any serious organized effort. Oh sure there’s and individual here or there but as a group, not.
Yet in the typical hypocritical fashion the Atheist consistently bash Christians after we spend billions on medical research and healthcare. What they spend as a group is non existent, nill.
You Atheist have no hospitals other than the secular one’s the government provides. And secular is not Atheist as much as you want to try and claim it. As a group you are uncaring, and unconcerned. Your mission is to remove one’s legal right to freedom of religion.
I really don’t know why your forefathers didn’t embrace Stalin. He had the same goals. Bash the heads in of the religious and worship the communist flag.
Do you know what the top largest charities in the world are?

No?

Hint: they are **not** religious.

Here's a second hint: Bill and Melinda Gates (atheists).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178198 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be Atheist that's for sure.
Well, it's clearly not the ReThuglican Congress.

They are happy to STRIP the assistance program from COMBAT VETS, in order to fuel their give-to-the-1% mantra.

Yet? Genuine Christians™ keep **voting** for these greedy b*stards...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178199 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist don't own hospitals because they are selfish and uncaring.
Actually? There are a large number of purely **secular** charities in the USA.

In fact?

The **best**(that is, the least fraud) are pure secular organizations. Including hospitals.

The best **research** hospitals are **secular** ones too.

I find that interesting.

Apparently, among the Godbesotted?**RESEARCH** is forbidden...

....!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178200 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a cult like following in which it's creed is, Me-Myself-I.
You mean? Republicans? You know: that group that gives **all** the money to the top 1%, and TAKES AWAY from everyone else?

Including COMBAT VETS?

Hmmmm.... I had no idea Republicans were non-believers.

They **do** mention **god** as justification for their selfishness...

... interesting.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178201 Sep 23, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying bigoted christard
Why thank you,[tipping hat]

How about the news coming out of Europe about the Costa Concordia?

Isn’t that something?

That’s a typical European operation if I ever saw one. I’m not talking about raising the Concordia. I’m talking about that cool headed Atheist Ship Captain who saved himself over women and children.

I think he was the first one on the life boat. Supposedly he is saying it’s not his fault. About 10 seconds before they hit ground he ordered the helmsmen to turn the ship about. Like they were steering a VW Volkswagen.

Kind of reminds me of the botched drilling BP did in the Gulf of Mexico. This is where they released about 10 Billion Gallons of crude oil.

Back to Concordia, how do I know that Captian Francesco Schettino was an Atheist? Only a freaking Atheist will take a life jacket from a little kid and push everyone to the side so he could get into the life boat.

Don’t make you proud to be a European and an Atheist?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178202 Sep 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually? Freon is completely inert-- there is zero reason to sniff it.
You could get the same effect, from "sniffing" pure nitrogen or helium.
Unless you get the temperature well over 1000 degrees, freon is like wax--- non-reactive.
As for that nice leather smell? Well, yeah-- a lovely leather bound book of Charles Dickens **does** have a nice aroma.
And in contrast to your bible?
People actually **read** Dickens. Because they **wanted** to.
I find that 99.9999% of bible-lovers? Never read the damn thing.
This is likely why they still think it's a "good" book...
Bob, you surprise me because you are usually on top of information like that. Read the following article.

by KING 5 HealthLink

Posted on September 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Updated Friday, Jan 4 at 10:44 AM

It's shocking and fast becoming the latest trend with teen huffing.
Kids are now inhaling freon, the gas found in air conditioning systems -- and sometimes with deadly consequences.

Online there's video after video of teens inhaling the coolant found in air conditioning systems. Freon causes a rapid high that resembles alcohol intoxication.
"Even a single use can result in sudden death," says Dr. Shan Yin of the Cincinnati Children's Hospital. "Parents should be very concerned if they find out their child is using this."

Gail Henry knows the heartbreak. Her 18-year-old son Jacob was found dead next to an air conditioning unit with a bag over his head. He had been huffing freon.
"Don't ever considering doing it because that five seconds of high you get when you do it isn't worth dying over," she says.

Besides loss of consciousness, huffing freon can make your lungs freeze, cause frostbite to your airway, sudden cardiac death, and brain damage.

Some air conditioning service businesses report customers call believing they have a freon leak only to find out someone has been siphoning off the gas, which is easy to do. Many business owners are now putting padlock gates around their units and compressors. A service person can install one on your compressor, making it impossible to let freon out without a key. They cost about $25. Newer air conditioners come with an internal hose which makes it more difficult to access the freon.

Experts say prevention is key. Parents should talk to kids about the dangers because freon does not show up in drug tests.

http://www.king5.com/health/Teen-trend-of-huf...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178203 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Yep.
In the USA, there are few and far private (religious) hospitals left.
The majority are fully owned by **corporations**, and have been converted to PURE ENGINES OF PROFIT.
It's disgusting, really: these abominations are making MONEY off of people's SICKNESSES.
Lol, nice try Bob, you remind me of kids. You will say anything, lol.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178204 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank Science!
For under **religion**? People just turned to useless **prayers**.
And, naturally, they **died** from bee-sting allergies.
Babies, even...
... apparently god is too busy fixing SPORTS SCORES to pay attention to the distress of babies dying from fatal allergies...
Oh for crying out loud Bob, no one will believe that except the naive Atheist.

Atheist will believe in anything. Look at how life started here on Earth. They don’t have a clue. Someone told them God didn’t do it so they just throw up their hands and say God didn’t do it.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178205 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you know what the top largest charities in the world are?
No?
Hint: they are **not** religious.
Here's a second hint: Bill and Melinda Gates (atheists).
Bill is agnostic.

But I know you Atheist have to have someone to look up too since another Atheist killed Madeline Murray O'Hare. I think he made her into sausage didn’t he?

Nothing like you Atheist having a board meeting and chopping through problems.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178206 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, you surprise me because you are usually on top of information like that. Read the following article.
by KING 5 HealthLink
Posted on September 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Updated Friday, Jan 4 at 10:44 AM
It's shocking and fast becoming the latest trend with teen huffing.
Kids are now inhaling freon, the gas found in air conditioning systems -- and sometimes with deadly consequences.
Online there's video after video of teens inhaling the coolant found in air conditioning systems. Freon causes a rapid high that resembles alcohol intoxication.
"Even a single use can result in sudden death," says Dr. Shan Yin of the Cincinnati Children's Hospital. "Parents should be very concerned if they find out their child is using this."
Gail Henry knows the heartbreak. Her 18-year-old son Jacob was found dead next to an air conditioning unit with a bag over his head. He had been huffing freon.
"Don't ever considering doing it because that five seconds of high you get when you do it isn't worth dying over," she says.
Besides loss of consciousness, huffing freon can make your lungs freeze, cause frostbite to your airway, sudden cardiac death, and brain damage.
Some air conditioning service businesses report customers call believing they have a freon leak only to find out someone has been siphoning off the gas, which is easy to do. Many business owners are now putting padlock gates around their units and compressors. A service person can install one on your compressor, making it impossible to let freon out without a key. They cost about $25. Newer air conditioners come with an internal hose which makes it more difficult to access the freon.
Experts say prevention is key. Parents should talk to kids about the dangers because freon does not show up in drug tests.
http://www.king5.com/health/Teen-trend-of-huf...
Freon is inert. I cannot comment on the **lubricants** that **all** A/C systems have within them-- these oils could very well be quite toxic.

And anyone who vents FREON from a closed system,**will** get a dose of lubricant.

But Freon is **so** inert, prior to the "ozone layer" hoopula, it was commonly used in **medical** devices as a propellant.

Seriously: look it up.

----------

That being said? My comment stands: huffing FREON is the EXACT SAME THING ans huffing **ANY** inert gas, such as NITROGEN or HELIUM.

The "high" is simply a result of oxygen deprivation to the brain.

And?

Any **damage** is also a result of oxygen deprivation to the brain.

----------

Take care what you read-- not **all** news sites are very careful where the "research" their "findings"....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178207 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, nice try Bob, you remind me of kids. You will say anything, lol.
It's true.

I would bet you a brand new $100 that 9 of 10 of any hospitals in **your** neck of the woods-- ARE OWNED BY CORPORATIONS.

Seriously-- it's becoming epidemic.

But MEDICINE FOR PROFIT **is** one of the Hallmarks of GREED.

You know: the ReThuglican Party.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178208 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist will believe in anything. Look at how life started here on Earth. They don’t have a clue. Someone told them God didn’t do it so they just throw up their hands and say God didn’t do it.
You are claiming that the EPIPEN was "a gift from god", now?

Come ON!

Even one as stubborn as YOU know that it was created by MEDICAL **SCIENCE**.

And not religion.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178209 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? You are trying to claim that your "precious" bible has a CURE for FATAL BEE ALLERGIES?

I'd **love** to see **that**...!

Here's my post:

Babies, even...

... apparently god is too busy fixing SPORTS SCORES to pay attention to the distress of babies dying from fatal allergies...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178210 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Look at how life started here on Earth.
How **did** life start on Earth?

Be **specific*.

Cite your **scientific** papers.

I, for one, will be **happy** when you win the NOBEL PRIZE FOR BIOLOGY, when you ANSWER this mystery.

Seriously.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178211 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
WTF? You are trying to claim that your "precious" bible has a CURE for FATAL BEE ALLERGIES?
I'd **love** to see **that**...!
Here's my post:
Babies, even...
Do you Atheist have a cure? What a joke, to think Atheist would pool together and fund medical research.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178212 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
You are claiming that the EPIPEN was "a gift from god", now?
Come ON!
Even one as stubborn as YOU know that it was created by MEDICAL **SCIENCE**.
And not religion.
You are being your typical self and saying something I did not say. You know the Epipen was not created by Atheist.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178213 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
How **did** life start on Earth?
Be **specific*.
Cite your **scientific** papers.
I, for one, will be **happy** when you win the NOBEL PRIZE FOR BIOLOGY, when you ANSWER this mystery.
Seriously.
This is what Atheist believe happened.

Forrest Gump,

“It all started with a RNA pool party, there was this band and they were playing hard rock music.”

Things got out of hand and the cops came and raided the place.

The RNA band just kinda went everywhere.

From there, sh*^ happened.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#178214 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you,[tipping hat]
How about the news coming out of Europe about the Costa Concordia?
Isn’t that something?
That’s a typical European operation if I ever saw one. I’m not talking about raising the Concordia. I’m talking about that cool headed Atheist Ship Captain who saved himself over women and children.
I think he was the first one on the life boat. Supposedly he is saying it’s not his fault. About 10 seconds before they hit ground he ordered the helmsmen to turn the ship about. Like they were steering a VW Volkswagen.
Kind of reminds me of the botched drilling BP did in the Gulf of Mexico. This is where they released about 10 Billion Gallons of crude oil.
Back to Concordia, how do I know that Captian Francesco Schettino was an Atheist? Only a freaking Atheist will take a life jacket from a little kid and push everyone to the side so he could get into the life boat.
Don’t make you proud to be a European and an Atheist?
Captain Coward is a Christian Catholic!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178215 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a cult like following in which it's creed is, Me-Myself-I.
A cult with no leader? LOL...okay....

Again - all atheism is is the lack of a belief in any deities.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178216 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call a Godbot I call a soldier. A soldier that has given his/her allegiance to God and freedom.
Our President John F. Kennedy went to Germany and said these words,“Ich bin ein Berliner.” Meaning I’m a Berliner, a free man representing the free world.
Freedom always sticks in the crawl of Atheist. They would prefer there was no freedom.
To you atheist around the world and including Europe.
"Give me liberty, or give me death!" is a quotation attributed to Patrick Henry from a speech he made to the Virginia Convention. 1775
I’m a free man and will remain free from the tyranny of darkness that you represent.
Dude...take a xanax...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Universe from Nothing? 20 min IB DaMann 55
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 59 min Into The Night 15,982
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 40,435
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 4 hr IB DaMann 215
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 6 hr Thinking 4,656
News Why I quit atheism 6 hr Nooooo 391
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr Thinking 24,070
More from around the web