Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257134 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178180 Sep 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your coversation is a symptom of the mental illness of creationism.
Atheism is not a religion or an organisation, its merely the conclusion after all the religious liars in the world have been exposed by hard science.
This is why atheists don't own whole hospitals.
Atheism is not a reason to care about other people. Atheists do care about other people, but their atheism is not the reason why they do it.
If you like, atheists have higher morals - they don't need childish religious stories to make them behave. They do it anyway.
Atheists find the world scary when the only thing between murder and a christian is an imaginary god and a dying cult that builds buildings every 30 minutes from each other with gigantic crosses on top of them (and lightening conductors).
Atheist don't own hospitals because they are selfish and uncaring. Every time a natural disaster comes around guess who’s funding 99% of the Red Cross and Salvation Army? You people won’t even give blood. Oh sure one or two per hundred thousand Atheist might.

Then you people get on here and talk about how sorry Christianity is while we’re spending billions on medical research and healthcare. Not to mention feeding the homeless and helping those who are abused.

So what is your pitiful reaction,“your lying.” Oh for crying out loud is that the best you can do? Like a two year old who can’t face up to the truth. Get real carbuncle.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178181 Sep 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
By that logic, you would also have to work hard to not believe in the Easter Bunny.
All atheism is is the lack of a belief in deities. Its not something one really has to work at...
Atheism is a cult like following in which it's creed is, Me-Myself-I.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178182 Sep 23, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
then you have NO free will,..
youre just a robot in gods computer game
What you call a Godbot I call a soldier. A soldier that has given his/her allegiance to God and freedom.

Our President John F. Kennedy went to Germany and said these words,“Ich bin ein Berliner.” Meaning I’m a Berliner, a free man representing the free world.

Freedom always sticks in the crawl of Atheist. They would prefer there was no freedom.

To you atheist around the world and including Europe.

"Give me liberty, or give me death!" is a quotation attributed to Patrick Henry from a speech he made to the Virginia Convention. 1775

I’m a free man and will remain free from the tyranny of darkness that you represent.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178183 Sep 23, 2013
Simon wrote:
I have no idea where you are getting you facts from but no religions organisation builds or funds hospitals. Sure they may have a name that sounds remotely christian but that is more for image, something to keep the weak minded who need to believe in something greater, happy.
They build them, support them and fund them.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178184 Sep 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Maybe jesus will cure America's poor because Eagle 12 isn't interested in caring for them.
<quoted text>
I never have figured out why you Brits are so willing to give your teeth to the Cops. When they say,“get off the street,” you just stand there and look at them.

You know they’re going to bash your freaking head in. Another thing why do you people love tear gas so much. A three year old can’t have a birthday party unless half the neighborhood is gassed.

Even the dad gum nursing home patients get tear gas.

What’s up with you guys? That’s why the Earths ozone is depleting. It’s because of the billions of tons of tear gas the Brits are using on themselves.

Another thing, why do you trample over little old ladies and children in those soccer games? Three hundred or more people, mostly women and children are trampled to death at every game. Ya’ll like freaking steers in a stampede.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178185 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can download it on your Kindle. I have one on mine. Yes I own the Atheist Manifesto.
Thanks. On the third paw? I really don't need convincing that none of the major religions have managed to locate any proof for their various gods and demi-gods.

If there really was proof of gods?

It would've made the news.... as a bare minimum of standards.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178186 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the NFL game this evening between Dallas Cowboys and the St Louis Rams.
But I did look up the score and it was reported Dallas 31 and the Rams 7.
Now I retrieved that score from the internet just like I retrieved the information on the number of bibles printed and or sold.
Note: It has been my observance in life the team that loses never likes the score. And my team the Rams lost today, lol.
I had me a look around the internet. 6 billion is a grossly inflated figure, and was, at best, just a guess.

Mainly due to the **fact** that there are so many conflicting **version** of the bible.

Versions that, when compared side-by-side, prove even the basic stories are seriously flawed.

Be that as it may?

More than 90% of all bibles printed, were given away-- likely to people who won't bother to read them.

Contrast this with actual...**BEST**SELLERS** which are purchased to be READ.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178187 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rolling papers for weed? Hope not in a non smoking room.
I don't smoke myself--- I'm seriously allergic to all kinds of smoke.

So I've never tried any kind of smoking product.

But I have been friends with people who love them their weed, yes.

Many of them report that those gideon bibles made for the best doobies.

I cannot say, myself-- allergies prevent me from even being in the same room as cigarette/mary-jane smoke.

But I do admire someone finding a **positive** use for something so vile (bible)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178188 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know if you ever wear cowboy boots. I love them but can’t wear them because they hurt my feet.
But there’s nothing like smelling a fresh new pair of boots still in the box. The same for nice leather bibles. They have smell that is sooooo good.
It’s better than sniffing Freon and it won’t hurt you either, lol.
Actually? Freon is completely inert-- there is zero reason to sniff it.

You could get the same effect, from "sniffing" pure nitrogen or helium.

Unless you get the temperature well over 1000 degrees, freon is like wax--- non-reactive.

As for that nice leather smell? Well, yeah-- a lovely leather bound book of Charles Dickens **does** have a nice aroma.

And in contrast to your bible?

People actually **read** Dickens. Because they **wanted** to.

I find that 99.9999% of bible-lovers? Never read the damn thing.

This is likely why they still think it's a "good" book...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178189 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
good night my loving Atheist. Work tomorrow!
Don't work **too** hard-- work'll kill ya.

<snort>

Life's too short as it is.

<heh>

Oh, Lunch Hour! Why do I waste thee so, on Topix?

<laughing>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178190 Sep 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
And other things.
Yes-- propping up a wobbly table.

Emergency diapers for Junior.

That sort of thing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178191 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not aware of a cure per say in the bible for people who are allergic to bee stings and or peanut allergies. There is a treatment such as the EpiPen that I’m sure you are aware of.
Thank Science!

For under **religion**? People just turned to useless **prayers**.

And, naturally, they **died** from bee-sting allergies.

Babies, even...

... apparently god is too busy fixing SPORTS SCORES to pay attention to the distress of babies dying from fatal allergies...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178192 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Would I go to an all funded Atheist Hospital?
Many Jewish hospitals in the East Coast are pretty much pure atheistic.

So there you go.

I find it interesting that **most** supposedly "religious" hospitals have been sold to **profit-making** corporations.

They retain the trappings of "religion" because such fraud soothes the tiny minds of people like... well... you.

But make no mistake: their god is PURE GREED (or profit).

It has become a serious problem in the USA, in the last 20 years.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178193 Sep 23, 2013
reasoner wrote:
<quoted text>
In Europe we have publically funded health care, and a parallel private system for those who can afford to pay. This in my opinion is a lot fairer system (and has nothing to do with religious myths). All taxpayers pay into this through the tax system, and it means people arent going to die in the streets through not being insured, which is what I believe can happen if you rely on insurance or private donations. I would prefer to have a system which is reliant on a quality public service than put any trust in religious charities (which are proven quote often to be run by charlatans).
Oh Noes!

People who are not **wage**slaves** are getting HEALTH CARE?

Jewsus won't not HAVE it, they tell us!

Jewsus will be so MAD!

... meh.

“Love is the answer”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#178194 Sep 23, 2013
discocrisco wrote:
Maybe, the Christians got it right on the God thing. What they didn't know that is there is intelligent life right and God manifested himself in another way than us.
And there is millions of our civilizations among this universe and millions of ways God revealed himslf to them
But see it was none of business to know how he did it. It is beyond our feeble little minds. Us humans think we are terminally unique. Guess what. We are not. We are little specks in the infinite, large cosmos.
Really this is where we are at

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178195 Sep 23, 2013
Simon wrote:
I have no idea where you are getting you facts from but no religions organisation builds or funds hospitals. Sure they may have a name that sounds remotely christian but that is more for image, something to keep the weak minded who need to believe in something greater, happy.
Yep.

In the USA, there are few and far private (religious) hospitals left.

The majority are fully owned by **corporations**, and have been converted to PURE ENGINES OF PROFIT.

It's disgusting, really: these abominations are making MONEY off of people's SICKNESSES.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#178196 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country if you were hungry or homeless you’re better off seeking a religious based charity. Our church operates a food pantry. It’s not cheap foods either but good quality foods.
Atheist don’t have anything, nothing because like I said as a organized caring group. They don’t participate and they will never participate in any serious organized effort. Oh sure there’s and individual here or there but as a group, not.
Yet in the typical hypocritical fashion the Atheist consistently bash Christians after we spend billions on medical research and healthcare. What they spend as a group is non existent, nill.
You Atheist have no hospitals other than the secular one’s the government provides. And secular is not Atheist as much as you want to try and claim it. As a group you are uncaring, and unconcerned. Your mission is to remove one’s legal right to freedom of religion.
I really don’t know why your forefathers didn’t embrace Stalin. He had the same goals. Bash the heads in of the religious and worship the communist flag.
Lying bigoted christard

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178197 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country if you were hungry or homeless you’re better off seeking a religious based charity. Our church operates a food pantry. It’s not cheap foods either but good quality foods.
Atheist don’t have anything, nothing because like I said as a organized caring group. They don’t participate and they will never participate in any serious organized effort. Oh sure there’s and individual here or there but as a group, not.
Yet in the typical hypocritical fashion the Atheist consistently bash Christians after we spend billions on medical research and healthcare. What they spend as a group is non existent, nill.
You Atheist have no hospitals other than the secular one’s the government provides. And secular is not Atheist as much as you want to try and claim it. As a group you are uncaring, and unconcerned. Your mission is to remove one’s legal right to freedom of religion.
I really don’t know why your forefathers didn’t embrace Stalin. He had the same goals. Bash the heads in of the religious and worship the communist flag.
Do you know what the top largest charities in the world are?

No?

Hint: they are **not** religious.

Here's a second hint: Bill and Melinda Gates (atheists).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178198 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be Atheist that's for sure.
Well, it's clearly not the ReThuglican Congress.

They are happy to STRIP the assistance program from COMBAT VETS, in order to fuel their give-to-the-1% mantra.

Yet? Genuine Christians™ keep **voting** for these greedy b*stards...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178199 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist don't own hospitals because they are selfish and uncaring.
Actually? There are a large number of purely **secular** charities in the USA.

In fact?

The **best**(that is, the least fraud) are pure secular organizations. Including hospitals.

The best **research** hospitals are **secular** ones too.

I find that interesting.

Apparently, among the Godbesotted?**RESEARCH** is forbidden...

....!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 3 min Thinking 551
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 50 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 10,351
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 56 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 445
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 57 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 20,298
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 57 min Paul WV-Uncle Sam 347
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr ChristineM 21,405
News A Strong Muslim Identity Is the Best Defense Ag... 10 hr naman 10
More from around the web