Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#178069 Sep 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In all of Jesus ministry. He never once criticized a medical doctor. Nor did he scorn people for going to see one.
In fact one of the early disciples who worked with the Apostle Paul was a physician. It is believed Luke even treated Paul as a patient. He was described as the “beloved physician,” by Paul.
Dr. Luke went on to write one of the four gospels in the New Testament. The book of Luke.
A very simple request --Answer the question. On the other hand - I will answer any question you would like me to do so.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#178070 Sep 22, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>No....and he was never found when I was.
You must have been looking wrong then, as plenty of others have not had that much difficulty.

Location hidden

#178071 Sep 22, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Why do people always say this? I did believe.
So you believed in something that was not real?

How could belief in a non entity be real?

I do not believe you however.

You know God exists.

Location hidden

#178072 Sep 22, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I did.

For more than 40 years, in fact.

God never bothered to show up.

Likely he was out fixing sports games-- you know-- the games when the winners "thank Jesus" for winning the game?
God reveals that this statement is false, read Romans 1.

Location hidden

#178073 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>An empirical one.

Tests prove, to 100% certainty, that prayers do not work.

Observation proves this too:

The infant mortality rate of True Believer™ parents is **not** affected by which religion (or no religion) the parents practice.

It **is** affected by which country they are in, however, and which economic bracket they are in.

That?

That is 100% proof that prayers DO NOT work AT ALL.

What parent would **NOT** pray for their infant's health?

WHAT GOD WOULD REFUSE SUCH A PRAYER?

Only one that wasn't there at all...
Lol

Location hidden

#178074 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>Then your god is not good.

Is he?
By what standard do you judge Him, you are an atheist, in your universe there is no right and wrong.

You have no basis for moral standards.

Location hidden

#178075 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>No. I'm asking you for PROOF of your god.

Which you REFUSE to even try-- you just avoid the issue entirely.

That is not false reasoning. And it's simple enough too-- so it passes the test of fallibility as well.

The burden of proof?

Is on YOU.
Your reasoning will not accept any evidence of God.

This is clear from your posts.

Problem isn't the evidence plenty of people have seen the evidence and come to a relationship with God through the evidence.

The problem is that you have a prior commitment to naturalism.

And anything that does not fit your worldview is discarded as evidence.

And because your worldview is founded on the need to deny God you're never going to accept evidence.

You think you are god and you don't wanna surrender that therefore God has no place in your life. Because you don't want him there not because he doesn't exist.

Location hidden

#178076 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>I did. Back in the day? My faith was **strong**.

Much stronger than YOURS, obviously. I did not feel the need to try to convince others' of my own faith.

I **knew**.

But.

The god I so faithfully believed in?

NEVER BOTHERED TO SHOW UP.

Not even once.

Not there-- the god was unworthy of such faith.

ALL gods are.
See I have a choice now believe you or believe God and i am going to believe God.

You have no moral standard as an atheist the stops you from lying, So why should I believe you can you make his claims?

Location hidden

#178077 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>The above?

Is not **facts** proving your god is real.

You are not even TRYING.

You have failed. Your attempt to side-step the issue is duly noted, however.
He says, avoiding the question.

Is your reasoning infallible?

Location hidden

#178078 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>Because you are wrong.

mtimber wrote, "
And here your reasoning is shown to be faulty."

You are lying. Again. It appears to be your single method.

mtimber wrote, "
You will deny transcendent truths because you know where they lead."

No such thing-- if you HAD ANY?

YOU WOULD HAVE PRESENTED THEM BEFORE NOW.

You have no such thing as "transcendent truth".

YOU NEVER DID.
It is a simple question is your reasoning infallible?

Location hidden

#178079 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>That is not evolution.... what you just described here?

Is MAGIC.

You know? The sort of shyt that you think your GOD uses.

Silly person.
When did you empirically observe evolution of one kind to another.

That is your standard so where is your evidence?

Location hidden

#178080 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>Coincidence. Some sicknesses **do** spontaneously go away-- even for atheists.

Now, had you witnessed a NEW LEG growing back? Then, we could talk "miracle".

Eagle 12 wrote, "
Not maybe or kinda like a miracle but real live miracles. These miracles are so unimaginable that I can’t even share them with you because you would swear I was lying."

Since I already think that? You avoiding the issue only makes you look much-much worse.

Eagle 12 wrote, "
I have learned from the past to not share them with Atheist. The miracles didn’t happen every week or even every month. One or two a year but after many years the numbers start to add up."

That is because an atheist is not so gullible as to believe in the poppycock-- and **will** find non-miracle explanations for what you supposedly saw.

And you cannot have **that**, can you?

Eagle 12 wrote, "
Not miracles of hearsay but I actually witnessed them. I have also learned there’re millions of people like me that have also witnessed actual miracles. I’m not alone, there’s more than you can count that believe.
"

Again? I don't believe you for even 30 seconds-- if you **really** had a Genuine, 100% True, God-Fearing Honest-to-Christ Miracle?

You would be willing to share it.

But, because you **know** it it is NO SUCH THING?

You are unwilling to write it down-- you know we will have alternative explanations, which don't require magic.
Even if a limb was restored you wouldn't believe it because that means God would have to Have access to you.

Location hidden

#178081 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>Let me ask you this:

Let's say, that miracles **do** happen.

Let's say, that praying for them **works** to make the miracle happen.

WHY WOULD ANY GOD WHO COULD (AND CARED), REFUSE THE PRAYER OF A PARENT FOR THE LIFE OF THE NEWBORN INFANT?

Or one better: an infant CARE-GIVER, like a pediatric NURSE, praying for the life of a dying newborn.

It just doesn't get any more UNSELFISH than that sort of prayer-- the nurse has NOTHING to gain by a positive answer.

Yet?

Newborns die in Religious hospitals EVERY DAY-- IN SPITE of the pleas of the Faithful to this ...

... UNCARING ...

... "god" of yours....!

What?

The?

EFF?
What moral standard are you using to measure God with, you are an atheist you have no moral standard.

Location hidden

#178082 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>I didn't bother-- because all modern Biblical scholarship agrees with me: the author of "Luke" wasn't the same man as the character in the various gospel tales.

Only those who refuse any and all facts say otherwise.

For one thing?

The gospel was written LONG AFTER these people had died.
And you want people to take your arguments credibly?

These Internet myths that your spouting is that what you consider evidence?

Location hidden

#178083 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>I tried and tried to listen to those long-ago sermons.

I really did-- I was told, repeatedly, that the pastor was "put there by god, to guide us in our faith".

But, I realized on that most memorable day, that **I** a lowly TEENAGER, new far-far more about space and the planets than this... "god's guide" could ever hope to.

And I had to ask: what sort of god would have allowed such a man, to ***LIE*** like that to everyone there, and GET AWAY with it?

I didn't like the only possible answer-- so I put those thoughts aside for many years.

... it took another 15 years before they re-surfaced in my mind.
So because you knew some astronomy God doesn't exist?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#178084 Sep 22, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
What moral standard are you using to measure God with, you are an atheist you have no moral standard.
You have no morality you lying bigot

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#178085 Sep 22, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in god has nothing to do with your belief's of how you should treat your fellowmen and how you would want to be treated by them. This is what morals are about, human dignity , empathy and basic human rights. It takes no god to think the golden rule is something to go by.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#178086 Sep 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
I have learned from the past to not share them with Atheist.
As a guess, I'd say because we can explain them.

What I find amusing is that you fail to realize that other believers of other religions experience miracles from their religions, too, just like you do.

Just like you, they "know" that their religion is the "one, true religion."

In fact, their miracles back them up on that. Just like yours do for you.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178087 Sep 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. Hmmm...
"I suggest you read more of your fellow negro bloggers post. As I have noted you are of a higher frame of thought than they are, however. I know longer believe you are a true negro - you probably got some white in you yet."
Funny how easy that was.
Thank you, I believe you made my point. Here at topix, you can not prove your race or appearance. Again the comprehension of you guys. Atheist are better educated than what you just posted. I don't believe you are one.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178088 Sep 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/w p/2013/09/16/troy-homers-plasm a-holocaust/
People on here should be aware of my interest in EM. Something that developed quite independent of the above link. Intuition with an understanding of things on my part, but these guys are backing it up with the science.
Watch the video link at the bottom of the article.
The universe, and history, are a lot more dynamic than has been portrayed by the dull statist gravity math headed geeks wanting your worship and cash.
Understand that if the earth passes through a plasma cloud there will be a lot of changes because of the energy level and ionic differences. Our neutral matter will become energized and chemical processes will occur along with the good old mass shifting. This happens on a continuing basis now just from the solar wind, but spikes from the sun or passing through plasma fields that wander through accelerates the process. Remember we are covering a lot of territory in our revolving around the sun and its revolving around the galactic center. About an estimated 250 million years worth. Plus the galaxy's movement.
I am just laughing because I know the all ways denying will claim this is false. It does get funny. They don't even catch when their denying proves a point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 37 min Subduction Zone 206
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 41 min Subduction Zone 75,430
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 50 min Nemesis 4,070
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr Subduction Zone 6,108
Majority of Scots now have no religion (May '16) 1 hr John 164
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 - 32,055
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 7 hr Eagle 12 - 581
More from around the web