Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,521)

Showing posts 170,401 - 170,420 of223,979
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatís pretty clear is oneís blinded personal prejudices.
Why yes... yes you are. How nice: You noticed one of your many faults.
Eagle 12 wrote:
Which is expressed through derision in hopes of supporting a very weak offense.
Indeed; your ability to be convincing is ... very weak.

In 2000 years of trying? Your church is STILL less than 5% of the world (depending on whichever hideous bran of Genuine Christianityô you have purchased-- they are not all equal you know).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Be advice Bob at best has a 3rd grade reading comprehension.
I read better than you, moron.

But.

You are correct: I did not read past the first insult.

The rest was clearly garbage-- it would have to **improve** to rise to the lofty level of "lie".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know Bob 's reading Comprehension is not good enough to understand this. Spoiler alert he will call this a lie.
I did not bother reading the wall-o-words.

It was likely garbage anyway. I stopped after the first insult.

How very Jesus of her, don'cha think?

The insults, I mean-- after all, Jesus was FAMOUS for his insults, right?

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong again Quaalude Bob.
How Jesus of you to try to insult me, here.

After all, Jesus was **famous** for his insults.

Right?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
If **you** are against slavery?
You are going against your god--who is just FINE with it.
You are such a Biblical illiterate. You want to blame a God who you do not believe exists for slavery. It seems you cannot comprehend man brings that situation on himself.
Even your Jewsus(jesus) was fine with slavery.
*I* am more moral than your ugly, hateful god-- for I am against all forms of slavery.
Unlike your god.
The only thing you are good at is tooting your own horn. You come off a a sanctimonious illiterate. Get a real full time job Quaalude Bob. Learn to deal with people face to face on a regular basis. Be productive. Not a slug. Earn a paycheck.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it doesn't. Every year there are a great number of newborn calves that drown during birth The mother after giving birth must quickly swim under the infant and push them to the surface for their first breath. if the mother is to slow or fails to get squarely under the infant they drown. Piss poor design if you ask me. Sperm whales must hold their breath as they dive, sometimes a mile down, to feed on the giant squid that live at that depth. You do of course know that all whales are mammals and were NOT designed for an aquatic environment. They were land based animals that migrated to the sea, most likely for better feeding grounds and safety form predators. Evolution designed the Whale, not some fictitious God thing.
My good Doctor I shall take your word about some baby whales dying during birth. After all you are the resident ship captain. However I must point out that it has never been reported the number of whales are declining because of birthing issues.

The decline in the whale population has been due to mans involvement in harvesting them. Sure some may be lost due to the birth process. But all mammals loose some during birth.

I see the whale not as some flawed biological creature but a magnificent creature thatís awe inspiring. Thank God they were designed to come up for air because that letís us view their majesty.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why yes... yes you are. How nice: You noticed one of your many faults.
<quoted text>
Indeed; your ability to be convincing is ... very weak.
In 2000 years of trying? Your church is STILL less than 5% of the world (depending on whichever hideous bran of Genuine Christianityô you have purchased-- they are not all equal you know).
Bob, vanity is never a good defense. Yes thereís a lot of religions in the world and always has been since mankind began to roam the Earth. Like you I donít believe in many of these religions.

As in life so is religion. For example I donít have faith in every medical doctor, dentist, engineer, surgeon, and pilot to name a few. My next door neighbor in Houston was a retired B-52 pilot.

When he would make his yearly trip to California he would take the train, or drive himself. I asked him one day why he didnít fly. He said not every pilot knows how to fly. He gave me the example of American Airlines Flight 587. Over adjustment of the rudder control resulted in the A300-600 airliner crashing in Queens and all souls on board were lost.

So painting everyone with a broad brush may work for you Bob but in the real world it just doesnít work that way. In your profession there are some really good companies and technicians and some who canít fix anything. So not everything is equal in life. It wouldnít be fair to say all HVAC Techs are incompetent.

[Tipping hat] Talk with you later my good Atheist friend.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You are such a Biblical illiterate. You want to blame a God who you do not believe exists for slavery. It seems you cannot comprehend man brings that situation on himself.
<quoted text> The only thing you are good at is tooting your own horn. You come off a a sanctimonious illiterate. Get a real full time job Quaalude Bob. Learn to deal with people face to face on a regular basis. Be productive. Not a slug. Earn a paycheck.
The bible says that slavery is o.k. Slavery is not o.k. in modern times, but the bible does claim that "god" was fine with slavery, in fact he even gave rules on it.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You are such a Biblical illiterate. You want to blame a God who you do not believe exists for slavery. It seems you cannot comprehend man brings that situation on himself.
<quoted text> The only thing you are good at is tooting your own horn. You come off a a sanctimonious illiterate. Get a real full time job Quaalude Bob. Learn to deal with people face to face on a regular basis. Be productive. Not a slug. Earn a paycheck.
So, are the diseases of cancer, heart disease,and diabetes, man's fault? Show me where in your bible that god gives directions to avoid these and the many bacterial infections we are plagued with. What does your god suggest for bee sting and peanut allergies?

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

RayOne wrote:
Atheists should claim Thursday night as their HighHoly day.
What about atheists is holy? Or, did you mean wholey?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
If your god is REALLY in control?

Then?

**ALL** slavery-- without exception-- is with the **blessing** of your god.

If not?

Then your god isn't a god, for failing to stop it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing you are good at is tooting your own horn. You come off a a sanctimonious illiterate.
Such foul language.

How Jesus of you.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know shit. You probably referenced an atheist site. These are the ones who do your thinking for you. That means if you have a thought they give to you. That is how spiritual morons like you make it through life. At the other end of the leash of some overlord. <quoted text> Not explicitly. It is in the same category. Birds do fly and so do bats. That might have had something to do with their classification. Don't ya think? Or do you think at all? HELLO>>>>>>A nybody Home!!!
<quoted text> Your error is in assuming the writers had to follow 21st century classification of animals. Ignore the fact they did things for their own reasons. You strain out gnats to swallow camels. Its a minor point really. Lagooon there is no hope for you. You are doomed.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Not explicitly. It is in the same category. Birds do fly and so do bats. That might have had something to do with their classification. Don't ya think? Or do you think at all? HELLO>>>>>>A nybody Home!!!
Kites fly as do leaves on the wind.

Locusts fly.

Why the confusion between bats and birds?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If your god is REALLY in control?
Then?
**ALL** slavery-- without exception-- is with the **blessing** of your god.
If not?
Then your god isn't a god, for failing to stop it.
For an atheist to blame God for slavery is akin to blaming the tooth fairy for cavities. You keep ignoring my legit questions. What is your objective reference point to condemn slavery?In a world without God you have no objective reference point to judge ancient cultures in far away places. Why was slavery objectively wrong for the ancients? Who are you to judge right and wrong for the ancients? Can you even determine historical context?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are the diseases of cancer, heart disease,and diabetes, man's fault?
Yup.
Show me where in your bible that god gives directions to avoid these and the many bacterial infections we are plagued with. What does your god suggest for bee sting and peanut allergies?
Do your own research. Regarding disease in the Old most of what is written has to do with prevention. Healthy eating, sexual, sanitation. Disease was the result of leaving God or living ungodly lives which included unhealthy sexual practices, eating the wrong foods and a host of other unhealthy practices. This might help although i doubt you are really looking for answers.

http://home.sprynet.com/~pabco/tw0172_health....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says that slavery is o.k. Slavery is not o.k. in modern times, but the bible does claim that "god" was fine with slavery, in fact he even gave rules on it.
Why is slavery wrong? Why is slavery not o.k.? On what objective basis do you find slavery wrong for the ancients? Slavery is regulated in the Old for the benefit of the slave. The actual practice was world wide and was the way they did things. Folks like you use slavery as a basis to rant against the Bible. That means your real agenda has to do with contempt for the bible and slavery is just a means to discredit. That means you do not really care about slavery in the first place. Why don't you just admit your hypocrisy? You're not fooling anyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Be advice Bob at best has a 3rd grade reading comprehension. I am sorry but you are nuts for posting all this thinking he could understand it. I think you would have better luck teaching a baboon to drive a bicycle.
Spoiler alert. Bob will accuse you of lying.
The prayer was copy paste so it was not much trouble. I do find it interesting a queen would smear herself with dung in private. Also it sounds like she was into some type of self abusive behavior which indicated she was in severe distress even though she was a queen in a pagan land. Who knows what kind of psychological trauma she endured as a result of her situation in which she had little or no control. She was moved to act by forces totally beyond her control.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Why is slavery wrong? Why is slavery not o.k.? On what objective basis do you find slavery wrong for the ancients? Slavery is regulated in the Old for the benefit of the slave. The actual practice was world wide and was the way they did things. Folks like you use slavery as a basis to rant against the Bible. That means your real agenda has to do with contempt for the bible and slavery is just a means to discredit. That means you do not really care about slavery in the first place. Why don't you just admit your hypocrisy? You're not fooling anyone.
Shutupbitch and fetch me a beer.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>Why is slavery wrong? Why is slavery not o.k.? On what objective basis do you find slavery wrong for the ancients? Slavery is regulated in the Old for the benefit of the slave. The actual practice was world wide and was the way they did things. Folks like you use slavery as a basis to rant against the Bible. That means your real agenda has to do with contempt for the bible and slavery is just a means to discredit. That means you do not really care about slavery in the first place. Why don't you just admit your hypocrisy? You're not fooling anyone.
It was never moral to own another human being. It wasn't then, and it isn't now. I don't care what you think my agenda is, and I am far from being a hypocrit...you can count on that.

I can't even believe that I read what I just read from you. It's freakin disgusting that it took so long to end slavery and for you to sit here and act like it was always ok just shows what Of selfish, self absorbed person you are! The fact being stated was that it is in the bible and your god is written to have more than ok'd it and it is not right or moral or just! I will not discuss this further with you so don't expect me to respond to anything that you could possibly say to this post.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>There's this thing called science that proves we evolved and basic logic proves you have a cult associated mental illness.

You suffer from denialism - you actually know that you;re lying about god to yourself, but you can't bring yourself to admit it.

To deal with it you harass atheists online.
He's not trying to convince US.

He's trying to convince himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 170,401 - 170,420 of223,979
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Patrick 152
How anti-atheist stigma affects the mental heal... 7 hr NightSerf 1
A Really Good Thing 8 hr NightSerf 1
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 9 hr Richardfs 2
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr Richardfs 830
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 hr Mikko 21,376
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr religionisillness 349
•••
•••