Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
170,341 - 170,360 of 225,731 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You see this soul topic is not your cup of tea, but according to studies on the topic, such is possible. Could we please keep it real, you're not big on the topic of Destiny and/or journey of souls. You're just trying to get me to change my views, and that won't happen. AND! I don't wish to change yours.
LMAO!

First, you silly person? You have to prove this idiocy known as "soul".

Until you do that? You are just a small, barking dog yapping at the heels of people smarter than you.

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference of opinion is personal perception. Can't you see that you abuse those two words. I felt I was clear about it being a difference of opinion, not that the person I disagreed with was wrong. In such a case you "Prove it!" would be a fair statement.
Wall of words.

Devoid of any argument.

LMAO!

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently it is VERY complicated otherwise you wouldn't be dancing around instead of substantiating your claim. I asked a very simple straight forward question, about this soul thing, how you define it, simple. Everything I believe in I can define very easily, why are you having so much trouble with this extremely simple question?
Let me try again, maybe this time you'll have the courage to answer. How do you define this soul thing? How do you know that you have one and someone else does not? Now, and this is VERY important, what methodology do you use to determine if you or anyone else actually has a soul?
You are adamant that this soul thing exists, you seem to have infinite knowledge about it, yet you are unable, unwilling, or maybe just to embarrassed to share this knowledge, why is that? Is it perhaps that like your God thing, it too is something only imagined?
If you say so. My story is I just don't now have the time. I have mentioned books here for you to read. I'll be fair about this, I won't read your books about atheism, therefore how could I complain.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so. My story is I just don't now have the time.
Yet you have plenty of time to write endless walls-of-words, that do not say much of anything.

LOL!

The **truth** is? You cannot prove your idiot notion of this "soul" thingy.

Any more than you could prove the Easter Bunny.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you have plenty of time to write endless walls-of-words, that do not say much of anything.
LOL!
The **truth** is? You cannot prove your idiot notion of this "soul" thingy.
Any more than you could prove the Easter Bunny.
As if you could prove anything.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so. My story is I just don't now have the time. I have mentioned books here for you to read. I'll be fair about this, I won't read your books about atheism, therefore how could I complain.
It's NOT that you don't have the time, you spend quite a lot of time posting here, it that you DON'T have the information. I've always known that you or anyone else could never define this soul thing, primarily because it is only something only imagined. There is no such thing as a soul,m if there was you would have no trouble defining it for us. What a lame ass excuse..."I don't have the time" What you don't have is any evidence for this ridiculous soul thing. You're not only a coward, you're completely full of shit. This puts you in the same boat with all of the Christians, they can't supply any evidence for their God thing. They can't define exactly what is is either, so your in good company. You both live in this childish little fantasy world full of magical events and mythical beings, you just added one more piece of bullshit, this soul thing. Too funny!!!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you could prove anything.
Oh, I have-- multiple times, I've proven **your** god is impossible in the current universe.

And you agree with me-- you must, as you cannot **refute** my proofs.

You don't even **try**-- you just act all Jesus and toss insults instead.

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It's NOT that you don't have the time, you spend quite a lot of time posting here, it that you DON'T have the information. I've always known that you or anyone else could never define this soul thing, primarily because it is only something only imagined. There is no such thing as a soul,m if there was you would have no trouble defining it for us. What a lame ass excuse..."I don't have the time" What you don't have is any evidence for this ridiculous soul thing. You're not only a coward, you're completely full of shit. This puts you in the same boat with all of the Christians, they can't supply any evidence for their God thing. They can't define exactly what is is either, so your in good company. You both live in this childish little fantasy world full of magical events and mythical beings, you just added one more piece of bullshit, this soul thing. Too funny!!!!!
Yep.

He truly is a delusional idiot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
I'll be fair about this, I won't read your books about atheism, therefore how could I complain.
Of course!

1) you'd have to be able to think for yourself.

2) you'd have to be able to understand what you read.

That's two tasks you appear to be somewhat under-qualified for.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference of opinion is personal perception. Can't you see that you abuse those two words. I felt I was clear about it being a difference of opinion, not that the person I disagreed with was wrong. In such a case you "Prove it!" would be a fair statement.
So you have nothing there is no soul and god does not exist

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You see this soul topic is not your cup of tea, but according to studies on the topic, such is possible. Could we please keep it real, you're not big on the topic of Destiny and/or journey of souls. You're just trying to get me to change my views, and that won't happen. AND! I don't wish to change yours.
Nice dodge. Anyway, its obvious that you're just talking in circles and then dodge when confronted with logic. Best of luck to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh, I have-- multiple times, I've proven **your** god is impossible in the current universe.
God is outside the ''current'' universe. You can't even get the rudiments right. Right from Genesis 1:1 and you still can't figure it out. Good ole Quaalude Bob.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> God is outside the ''current'' universe.
Then? He cannot possibly interact with it. By definition.

That which is outside cannot affect that which is inside.

Unless it is **also** inside-- and therefore, subject to it's rules.

Your god does not exist. Period.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You can't even get the rudiments right.
<laughing at this bit of idiocy>
lightbeamrider wrote:
Right from Genesis 1:1 and you still can't figure it out. Good ole Quaalude Bob.
Hate Speech-- how Jesus of you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Then? He cannot possibly interact with it. By definition.
That which is outside cannot affect that which is inside.
Based on what? You make up these rules as you go along. Genesis 1:1 presupposes God outside time space and matter and the rest presupposes God does act within time space and matter. Dipsticks like yourself and by extension the moderns want to rule God out because he will not submit to your test tube. You have not disproved anything. If you want idiocy go look in the mirror, Quaalude Bob.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> God is outside the ''current'' universe. You can't even get the rudiments right. Right from Genesis 1:1 and you still can't figure it out. Good ole Quaalude Bob.
Boy this is simple, since your God is outside the "current universe" the neither you nor anyone else can know anything about him/she/it. The really sad part is you don't even realize how idiotic and completely unsupported this statement is.

You just shot yourself in the foot and don't even realize it. LOL
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Based on what? You make up these rules as you go along. Genesis 1:1 presupposes God outside time space and matter and the rest presupposes God does act within time space and matter....
God is outside the universe and works inside the universe. Other religionists argue that 'God is everywhere','beyond understanding','all knowing','made in man's image','God is nature', etc, etc and this plonker dares to say it is non-believers who make-up the rules as we go along, lol!:-)
godchecker.com

There's no such thing as gods or pixies. Get over it.

I'll be glad when the 'good books'(i.e. holy books) are replaced with genuinely good books. I like Tom Sharpe's...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilt_ (novel)
but they're a bit dated now.

This is better than buybull bull or Quran crap..
http://www.amazon.com/From-Stars-To-Stalagmit...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Based on what? You make up these rules as you go along. Genesis 1:1 presupposes God outside time space and matter and the rest presupposes God does act within time space and matter. Dipsticks like yourself and by extension the moderns want to rule God out because he will not submit to your test tube. You have not disproved anything. If you want idiocy go look in the mirror, Quaalude Bob.
And the brothers Grimm presupposed that a troll lived under a bridge and would eat the billy goats as they crossed.

Genesis also claims the world is flat with a dome over it, and that bats are birds. And you're stupid enough to put stock in that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Boy this is simple, since your God is outside the "current universe" the neither you nor anyone else can know anything about him/she/it.
Why would you assume that? Do you know that for a fact? How? Based on what?
The really sad part is you don't even realize how idiotic and completely unsupported this statement is.
Yours is a faith based assumption which cannot be proven. You assume since God is outside time God is therefore incapable in intervening within time. God depicted is Omnipotent and Omniscient. So what God are you writing about? An impotent god not depicted in the Bible? You cannot get it right even in theory! How stupid is that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And the brothers Grimm presupposed that a troll lived under a bridge and would eat the billy goats as they crossed.
[QUOTE]Genesis also claims the world is flat
Only for an uneducated hostile ultra literalist.
with a dome over it,
More garbage. The English phrase is 'expanse' which means to beat out and spread out. Again you are doing the ultra literal thing which only indicates dullness. Lack of imagination.
and that bats are birds.
Well they both fly and are similar in form and function. I don't know why you would expect the ancients to conform to 21st century standards of animal classification unless you are incredibly and hopelessly stupid. Sometimes stupidity cannot be fixed.
And you're stupid enough to put stock in that?
I do and so did the Kings of Europe. I just do not see it all as you do nor does anybody else with half a brain who is not handicapped by hostility or jaundiced eyes.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Why would you assume that? Do you know that for a fact?
Modern Christians say God exists outside of time and space. If something is outside of time and space, it does not exist in practical terms, as it is outside our natural existence.

Interestingly God was not always like this. He used to live "up there" on top of the sky dome. This is why Elijah/ Jesus/ Muhammed, take you pick :) went up there by celestial transports of various kinds.

Of course we know today this mythology is very silly, hence theologians clutching at straws have relocated heaven to a supernatural realm outside of space.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••