Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247812 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177709 Sep 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we (humans) SAY it is.
That's all you need for THAT.
Are you seriously this dumb, or did you take special stupid lessons?
Being a slave, is not as bad as to have to face your fate. Hell is not that bad either. Thank God you are wrong.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177710 Sep 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for your proof of this "soul" thingy.
A thing for which you are unable to even **describe**, let alone prove it's real.
Apart from your severely corrupted imagination, of course.
If you had one you would know it. I don't see why you keep posting this my answer won't change. I don't get why you keep asking someone questions when for whatever reason you do not believe their answers. Then when I point out you are socially challenged I am mean, or when you respond and it is not close to what I was saying, I mock your comprehension, that is mean of me also. My favorite was when you told me "I was calling you subhuman when I said you don't have a soul." Yet you were the one that started this "You have no soul" finger pointing. I am happy to say I know you are wrong.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177711 Sep 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
You judge people Bob but how does it feel when you are judged?
By the way, you don't have to answer the last two questions. It's better that way for the audience.
I think Bob would be best off if he first learned to lose his hatred for the Christian/Catholic religion. Once he gets on with his life he could find a workshop of some sort, most likely it would be amongst youths, where he could work on his comprehension skills. From my readings of his post, his hatred consumes him to a level, that basic comprehension is a challenge. As much as I like my idea, I think Bob's hatred will not permit it. Instead he will remain the crying loser he is.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#177712 Sep 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot better than your reality. In fact your reality is the worse.
We all share a godless reality - its just that people who buy into cults like creationism choose to lie to themselves and others.

Location hidden

#177713 Sep 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a slave, is not as bad as to have to face your fate. Hell is not that bad either. Thank God you are wrong.
Hell isn't real and its part of your cult's weak story / lie, just like the god you can't prove and continue to lie about

Location hidden

#177714 Sep 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had one you would know it. I don't see why you keep posting this my answer won't change. I don't get why you keep asking someone questions when for whatever reason you do not believe their answers. Then when I point out you are socially challenged I am mean, or when you respond and it is not close to what I was saying, I mock your comprehension, that is mean of me also. My favorite was when you told me "I was calling you subhuman when I said you don't have a soul." Yet you were the one that started this "You have no soul" finger pointing. I am happy to say I know you are wrong.
Souls aren't real until you can prove them.

Its a shame that you lie about aboslutely everything you cannot prove.

Location hidden

#177715 Sep 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Bob would be best off if he first learned to lose his hatred for the Christian/Catholic religion. Once he gets on with his life he could find a workshop of some sort, most likely it would be amongst youths, where he could work on his comprehension skills. From my readings of his post, his hatred consumes him to a level, that basic comprehension is a challenge. As much as I like my idea, I think Bob's hatred will not permit it. Instead he will remain the crying loser he is.
When you're able to prove the god you lie about here & correct your bible, removing the hatred against atheists, women, slaves and sheer scientific ignorance, you will win at life!

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177716 Sep 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We all share a godless reality - its just that people who buy into cults like creationism choose to lie to themselves and others.
I consider online Atheist to be a cult. Thank God you are wrong.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177717 Sep 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Souls aren't real until you can prove them.
Its a shame that you lie about aboslutely everything you cannot prove.
Yes, I have proved it to myself, I can't prove it to someone that either lacks comprehension or a soul in the first place. It is sad you may be right. Soulless one.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177718 Sep 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're able to prove the god you lie about here & correct your bible, removing the hatred against atheists, women, slaves and sheer scientific ignorance, you will win at life!
I don't understand why you don't take my word for it that I am not Christian. I don't have a Bible. I am living in a Christian society, as we are "One nation under God" I'll take that over what you offer. In an atheist society options are not there, and your post here prove that if we changed options would not be tolerated.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#177719 Sep 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have proved it to myself, I can't prove it to someone that either lacks comprehension or a soul in the first place. It is sad you may be right. Soulless one.
So you can't prove it to someone who isn't already convinced? That's the mindset of a myth.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#177720 Sep 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot better than your reality. In fact your reality is the worse.
So you don't really care about truth, you just want to feel good about yourself. Got it.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177721 Sep 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, I thought you were dead, or gone.
I thought you had reached the end of the trail, or rode off into the sunset.
Whaddup?
I got busy for a spell. So how has our resident lawyer been these days?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#177722 Sep 20, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Why is slavery wrong? Why is slavery not o.k.? On what objective basis do you find slavery wrong for the ancients? Slavery is regulated in the Old for the benefit of the slave.
So you are saying that God could not have forbidden slavery at that point, even just for Israel?
The actual practice was world wide and was the way they did things.
I thought the whole point of giving the commandments was to say what was allowed and what was not. Clearly, slavery *was* allowed. And God approved of it, at least under certain proscriptions.
Folks like you use slavery as a basis to rant against the Bible. That means your real agenda has to do with contempt for the bible and slavery is just a means to discredit.
No, we have contempt for the Bible because the Bible is an evil book. We simply point out that evil. It condemns itself with its immorality.
That means you do not really care about slavery in the first place. Why don't you just admit your hypocrisy? You're not fooling anyone.
No, we care about slavery in the first place. We care about humanity in the first place. That is *why* we condemn the Bible and the evil within it.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177723 Sep 20, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't prove it to someone who isn't already convinced? That's the mindset of a myth.
You are the one claiming facts and can't prove anything.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177724 Sep 20, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't really care about truth, you just want to feel good about yourself. Got it.
You might even be right, but it is 10 times better than what you offer.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177725 Sep 20, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that God could not have forbidden slavery at that point, even just for Israel?
<quoted text>
I thought the whole point of giving the commandments was to say what was allowed and what was not. Clearly, slavery *was* allowed. And God approved of it, at least under certain proscriptions.
<quoted text>
No, we have contempt for the Bible because the Bible is an evil book. We simply point out that evil. It condemns itself with its immorality.
<quoted text>
No, we care about slavery in the first place. We care about humanity in the first place. That is *why* we condemn the Bible and the evil within it.
Who cares it is still better than atheism. What you offer sucks so much you should keep it to yourself.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177726 Sep 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have been pushed into a cactus butt first when you were a kid. And no one has ever pulled out the needles.
Jamie

Lawrenceville, GA

#177727 Sep 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You might even be right, but it is 10 times better than what you offer.
So you'd rather believe blindly in a lie that makes you feel good even if it damages you in the long run, and damages the world you live in, than deal with reality because reality isn't pleasant enough for you on it's own. I'd say you are either a troll are far beyond reasonable debate of any kind. Clearly not a person who cares whether or not their beliefs are true, if not a troll so attempting a discussing with such a person is pointless.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#177728 Sep 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I got busy for a spell. So how has our resident lawyer been these days?
Long spell!

All is well, I have no complaints.

Hope you and yours are also fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min dollarsbill 12,974
Proof of God for the Atheist 22 min Eagle 12 134
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 37 min Eagle 12 93
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Eagle 12 2,369
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 2 hr Eagle 12 40
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 3 hr Eagle 12 47,920
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Eagle 12 20,901
More from around the web