Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177337 Sep 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Past life regression is 100% bullshit.
Long since proven so, too.
You **are** a moron-- seriously.
You can't do it because you have no soul. You really should read up on what you are talking about before saying anything. Considering for the last 100 or so post you wouldn't take my word on me not being a Christian, now you read this and your backwards mind thinks it has something, shows what type of jerk you are. The only thing that has been proven is your reading comprehension is below 3rd grade level. Little Red Bobbing Hood PLR is not for you. It cant be proven false. Just like god.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177338 Sep 14, 2013
My apologies Bob, I forgot your reading comprehension is not up to understanding such books. The Power of Now would be groups of paragraphs that make no sense. Bob it makes sense to many it's your reading comprehension. You are an atheist by comprehension default.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#177339 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't do it because you have no soul. You really should read up on what you are talking about before saying anything. Considering for the last 100 or so post you wouldn't take my word on me not being a Christian, now you read this and your backwards mind thinks it has something, shows what type of jerk you are. The only thing that has been proven is your reading comprehension is below 3rd grade level. Little Red Bobbing Hood PLR is not for you. It cant be proven false. Just like god.
You aren't talking to one of your fruit loop fundie friends you know?
Homey don't play that shit.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177340 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
"You can't do it because you have no soul."

You're accusing someone for lack of reading comprehension, but believe in childish magic, can't even see how stupid that is can you? You then continue to demonstrate your inability to grasp basic logic by saying the existence of a *soul* can't be proven false.

I don't know why I must continually educate you people on basic information, but I'll do you a favor and do it one more time, now pay the *uck attention. The person with the POSITIVE CLAIM..( Souls exist) is responsible for providing the evidence. That you believe is a POSITIVE CLAIM, that I refuse to accept the claim that souls exists due to lack of evidence is a NEGATIVE CLAIM. Negative claims do NOT require support only POSITIVE CLAIMS. Go it????

Are you sure you're not a Christian, this is what they do all the time because they are so frustrated over the FACT that they have NO evidence for what they believe, so in order to mask that frustrating they say as you have said "The existence for God (replace God with soul) can't be proven false."

You seem to have all the trappings of a Christian, you believe in shit without any evidence, magic seems like the most obvious answer to you, you resort to typical Christian behavior by asking for proof that God doesn't exist, by posting bogus videos, by purposely using videos with obvious "quote mining" and by resorting to childish insults when cornered, which is most of the time. Come on skippy, admit it, you really are a Christian. Remember a "new ager" is just a Christian in different cloths.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177341 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
"When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed"

"It can't be proven false."

Do you really want to show everyone how you are appealing to ignorance?
LCNLin

United States

#177342 Sep 14, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
"You can't do it because you have no soul."
You're accusing someone for lack of reading comprehension, but believe in childish magic, can't even see how stupid that is can you? You then continue to demonstrate your inability to grasp basic logic by saying the existence of a *soul* can't be proven false.
I don't know why I must continually educate you people on basic information, but I'll do you a favor and do it one more time, now pay the *uck attention. The person with the POSITIVE CLAIM..( Souls exist) is responsible for providing the evidence. That you believe is a POSITIVE CLAIM, that I refuse to accept the claim that souls exists due to lack of evidence is a NEGATIVE CLAIM. Negative claims do NOT require support only POSITIVE CLAIMS. Go it????
Are you sure you're not a Christian, this is what they do all the time because they are so frustrated over the FACT that they have NO evidence for what they believe, so in order to mask that frustrating they say as you have said "The existence for God (replace God with soul) can't be proven false."
You seem to have all the trappings of a Christian, you believe in shit without any evidence, magic seems like the most obvious answer to you, you resort to typical Christian behavior by asking for proof that God doesn't exist, by posting bogus videos, by purposely using videos with obvious "quote mining" and by resorting to childish insults when cornered, which is most of the time. Come on skippy, admit it, you really are a Christian. Remember a "new ager" is just a Christian in different cloths.
Ego centric and still amusing.
Provide your scientific evidence proving atheism ?
LOL
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#177343 Sep 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
your mind is a garden,
your thoughts seeds
you can grow flowers
or you can grow weeds!

guess whats in yo mind..LLL

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#177344 Sep 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Past Life Regression?
The only thing more bullshit is homeopathy!
LOL!
You are so beyond the label "crazy" that we need a new one.
Seriously-- "past life regression" has **long** since been proven fraud.
Hypnotic suggestion is all that it ever is and was.
Lol, what else can you expect from intellectually stunted theists? It is sad that they are guilty of repressing themselves.
LCNLin

United States

#177345 Sep 15, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
"When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed"
..... to avoid having to prove his OPINIONS ?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177346 Sep 15, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, what else can you expect from intellectually stunted theists? It is sad that they are guilty of repressing themselves.
I don't understand why one of the 10 commandments didn't deal with gullibility. "Thou shalt NOT be Gullible."

Come to think of it there is no commandment about Rape of child abuse, but the first four deal with this self-centered God of there's.

Lets replace those meaningless first 4, with:

1.) Thou shalt not be Gullible.

2.) Thou shalt commit rape.

3.) Thou shalt not abuse in anyway, a child.(oops, to bad Catholic priests)

4.) Thou shalt not be willfully ignorant. or....Thou shalt not let fear prevent you from understanding reality.

Four is a toss up, I like them both.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177347 Sep 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
"We keep being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least is still morality. On every side there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more STUPID."

I do believe these last three aply directly to you, especially the last one.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177348 Sep 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok everyone, get ready to watch the cowardly Christian run. One of two thing will happen here, there will either be NO response or rebuttal, or the response will be in the form of a personal insult, or witty comment, but NO direct response to what I am about to post. I do love it when deluded Christians like this Godbot, put their tails between their legs and run and hide like frighted little girls.

His comment.."Atheist PROOF of anything would be interesting to read" So Godbot, crack open your holy book for it is THERE you will find the proof of the God you worship murdering innocent little babies. Open to GENESIS 12:29. Here is where you will find the PROOF. Oh, and you might also want to read GENESIS 7:14 and 12:17, more murdering going on here also.

So there's your proof, right there in your own holy book, the word of God.......Now assume the position.....ready?..., tail between your legs..........start running......ready.... set........GO!!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177349 Sep 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#177351 Sep 15, 2013
Atheists should claim Thursday night as their HighHoly day.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177352 Sep 15, 2013
RayOne wrote:
Ya really think so?....really? I presume yo own a dictionary, look up the word *holy* and see how much of the definition applies to Atheism. Here let me help you: HOLY...."Dedicated or consecrated to *God* or a *religious* purpose." Since there is NO GOD and NO RELIGION in Atheisms, your comment becomes incredibly stupid. Now aren't you totally embarrassed!!!! Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than to open it and confirm the fact!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#177353 Sep 15, 2013
RayOne wrote:
I say Wednesday. That's the day Hellboy/BPRD comics come out.

Location hidden

#177354 Sep 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Why can't you troll your cult in another forum? its just booooring now.

Location hidden

#177355 Sep 15, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN, if you were to read what I wrote. I actually do not encourage atheist to do hypnotherapy. I offer the name of the books, author and research, for the purpose of answering a question someone asked me. In regards to other questions I have stopped answering, I have previously answered those questions, and my point has all ready been proven. I am also ignoring questions that are meant for Christians. I have previously mentioned several times I am not Christian. You kill me, you would suggest I write out these long essays, when you don't even take the word of Dawkins or Hawking you are just a denier.
You're a liar and have no proof of god, why are you continuing to post here. DO you lack as much self perception as Lincoln????

There was a troll here once called Educated What that f*cked off back to his hole. That is where all the trolls go. Back to their troll hole.

Location hidden

#177356 Sep 15, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just a bitter liar making things up as you go along. When you can prove your god or that souls are real, you will look a lot less stupid in real life.

Location hidden

#177357 Sep 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy denies fossils. He is banned from dinosaur museums because he keeps knocking them over as he's blind to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 25 min Thinking 1,002
Islam for peace, or violence? 26 min Thinking 24
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr fadu singh 22,979
Man center of the universe. 2 hr Thinking 85
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... Oct 16 tha Professor 146

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE