Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,490)

Showing posts 169,781 - 169,800 of223,051
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a bigot.
My Neanderthal ancestors were making superglue before her scientists did.
LOL Is that how they put you back together? After you fell off the wall? roflmao
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was Jon Stewart that said "The internet is a convention of the crazy uncles that live in the attics." I am stunned at how much the education level of blogging atheist have dropped. It's like watching The New York Yankees have a 110 loss season, and listening to people that have forgotten what they were. My guess is they just see arguments they know they have then jump on them. Those atheist recognize this tread is not for them. I came here because I did see the topic is an atheist snake pit. As you may notice only the less intelligent wander into a snake pit. Wiser animals run the other way.
Says the Theist who believes in talking snakes,magic fruit tree's, a man created from a pile of dirt, of course the process required a fictitious being to blow on it, a books that supports slavery, rape, infanticide and genocide, and claims the world is flat covered with a dome, and believes that 4.5 billion cubic miles of extra wither suddenly appeared and the disappeared. And you talk about a drop in educate levels, ha ha ha, Maybe you should be talking about the stunning increase in gullibility that runs rampart through Christianity.

I suppose we could also examine the intelligence level of people who believe in myths and magic and center their lives around such myths. There are three very important traits that promote intelligence, education, reason, logic, critical thinking and skepticism. You seem to missing at least three of these traits, reason, logic, and skepticism. Which means.....well I think we know what that means, right!!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Is that how they put you back together? After you fell off the wall? roflmao
Dave is an old man.

I just disabled the Ubuntu Firefox modifications which seems to have an effect on Java. So far is working. Thanks for the tip.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles...

Interesting article about Neanderthals.

Ah, looking back in time through the lens of what you were trained to look through. How it simplifies your mind and can lead to wrong conclusions.

Neanderthals, homo sapiens. Both men. Both going about their lives and thinking their thoughts about how to survive and what was about them, and even why they are here in the first place. Burial practices reflect the latter.

The only difference between you and a early human is the TV set you watched. The very same emotions, family and socail relationships, and everything else we have in the personality and living experience today. Just a different decor and logic system based on technology. And the illusion we are somehow more intelligent.

You had the same family issues you have today. Getting food for the baby, teenagers, and the neighbors.

But they did have a lot less distractions from thinking. Flipping those channels looking for something entertaining makes you miss a lot of life, and the understanding of it.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Snake eaters might find a snake pit interesting.
Topix atheists are diseases looking for something weak to infect. The body human has a defense mechanism, though. It eats them, digests them, and shits them out. Might get a little tummy ache, but it will feel better later.
Not true, a mongoose in a snake pit is unlikely to win.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Says the Theist who believes in talking snakes,magic fruit tree's, a man created from a pile of dirt, of course the process required a fictitious being to blow on it, a books that supports slavery, rape, infanticide and genocide, and claims the world is flat covered with a dome, and believes that 4.5 billion cubic miles of extra wither suddenly appeared and the disappeared. And you talk about a drop in educate levels, ha ha ha, Maybe you should be talking about the stunning increase in gullibility that runs rampart through Christianity.
I suppose we could also examine the intelligence level of people who believe in myths and magic and center their lives around such myths. There are three very important traits that promote intelligence, education, reason, logic, critical thinking and skepticism. You seem to missing at least three of these traits, reason, logic, and skepticism. Which means.....well I think we know what that means, right!!!!!
Nice outdated post. Perhaps you could find such a person that has such beliefs to respond to. Perhaps another message tread that host the claims that you claim are false. If I noticed such a tread I would keep going and not post there. When the internet was young I did participate in such conversations. It was then a 3 ways dispute between The Bible Thumper vs The Atheist vs (me) The New Ager. We all read a group of books and we had beliefs in their claims.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, a mongoose in a snake pit is unlikely to win.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Top-7-Snake-Ki...

Feeding on the edges reduces exposure.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, thank you, you put it into words. Now reread what you wrote after considering this statement. Which has been a grand part of my point here, perhaps not in regards to post directed at you, therefore it is fair to assume, you may not have read them.
The statement is. For purposes of seperstaion atheist are those without belief, Atheist are those with. "An atheist does not have to take part in Atheism. With limits an atheist could take part in Atheism, however there does come a point where partaking in Atheism, and atheist does become an Atheist."
Atheism is when atheist or Atheist come into society and request or demand changes, that are in accordance with their believe. As of the day I am posting this, The American Court system does respect Atheism as a religion. That is a fact. I do respect your disagreement with this fact, however I have no voice in the topic. If I did I would favor the Faith having Atheist, as part of America's Freedom of Religion.
You fail to see my main problem with Atheism is 20th and 21st century "modern societies" have had Atheistic leaning. Which goes beyond me how and atheist or Atheist could dispute this fact. Societies (plural) that do not permit freedom of religion, and freedom of choice that could be heading towards Freedom of Religion. Therefore I would encourage anyone. Not to drink the Atheist koolaid. By all means please spare me the details of the 1st to 20th century. From the eras of about 500bc to 1700, in the life of an average woman she would be raped. The average man would kill someone. These were violent days. The fact churches did as they did, was just part of the neighborhood. I understand a higher standard was expected, but that's just history.
A-moral......A-typical.......A -symmetrical.......A-theist... .......Sorry you're not smart enough to absorb this very simple word usage. Do try and do better!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice outdated post. Perhaps you could find such a person that has such beliefs to respond to. Perhaps another message tread that host the claims that you claim are false. If I noticed such a tread I would keep going and not post there. When the internet was young I did participate in such conversations. It was then a 3 ways dispute between The Bible Thumper vs The Atheist vs (me) The New Ager. We all read a group of books and we had beliefs in their claims.
Aww, I know how embarrassing it is to harbor these beliefs, call yourself whatever you want, but beneath the false front beats the heart of a Theists with a belief in mythical beings and magical places. I'd do my best to distance myself from these childish beliefs, just as you are trying to do. You can try and dress up a Christian, and call him a "new Ager" but he's still a Christian, with all the unsupported beliefs and phobias that accompany that immoral religion.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, I know how embarrassing it is to harbor these beliefs, call yourself whatever you want, but beneath the false front beats the heart of a Theists with a belief in mythical beings and magical places. I'd do my best to distance myself from these childish beliefs, just as you are trying to do. You can try and dress up a Christian, and call him a "new Ager" but he's still a Christian, with all the unsupported beliefs and phobias that accompany that immoral religion.
bitter and defensive ;-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>A-moral......A-typical .......A-symmetrical.......A-t heist..........Sorry you're not smart enough to absorb this very simple word usage. Do try and do better!!!!
Gee, you guys are just so fascinated by that term atheist. It's just a word, which you interpret incorrectly, but it means something to you. A magic decoder ring? A badge you can walk around with to impress people?

You guys are missing something important in your heads to be so absorbed in a word.

Hey, idiot is a synonym used extremely often with atheist nowadays. Can we call you an idiot?

Yeah.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I did not read the entire article as I was merely looking for one that disproved your claim that, "not one scientist has ever claimed the universe was created from nothing", which I did, twice.
I didn't know that there was religious references further down the page. Those were irrelevant to my point anyway.
Now address the other link, you know, the one where Krauss also claims the universe came from nothing.
>:)
WOW, you really are pathetic. Your post #176923 read..."And for those NOT well read." And then you admit to NOT reading the entire article, can you be anymore dishonest and hypocritical!!!! I think not. Next time you try and flex your intellect muscles, or try and make a point using someone else's article, READ THE WHOLE THING DICKWAD, you'll appear much less.......stupid!!!

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>WOW, you really are pathetic. Your post #176923 read..."And for those NOT well read." And then you admit to NOT reading the entire article, can you be anymore dishonest and hypocritical!!!! I think not. Next time you try and flex your intellect muscles, or try and make a point using someone else's article, READ THE WHOLE THING DICKWAD, you'll appear much less.......stupid!!!
I was in a hurry and someplace to be so I didn't read past the headline. I thought it was another article they had written earlier that didn't have religious content in it. I still showed you lied when you claimed no scientist ever said the universe came from nothing. Or are you really that uninformed about their wild claims?

You still aren't addressing the Krauss link, most obviously because you CAN'T! Moron. Why am I not surprised that you can neither support it OR refute it?

xD

Nobody can ever say that all atheists are geniuses after reading your 'tarded rants.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you guys are just so fascinated by that term atheist. It's just a word, which you interpret incorrectly, but it means something to you. A magic decoder ring? A badge you can walk around with to impress people?
You guys are missing something important in your heads to be so absorbed in a word.
Hey, idiot is a synonym used extremely often with atheist nowadays. Can we call you an idiot?
Yeah.
He's like a cornered 'possum; either playing dead or snarling with no middle ground to espouse from.

xD
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
It would appear that your old age dementia is getting much worse, your incessant babbling is becoming boring, so I think I'll stop responding to you just as I do with the Clown, see ya!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I was in a hurry and someplace to be so I didn't read past the headline. I thought it was another article they had written earlier that didn't have religious content in it. I still showed you lied when you claimed no scientist ever said the universe came from nothing. Or are you really that uninformed about their wild claims?
You still aren't addressing the Krauss link, most obviously because you CAN'T! Moron. Why am I not surprised that you can neither support it OR refute it?
xD
Nobody can ever say that all atheists are geniuses after reading your 'tarded rants.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
Tsk tsk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It would appear that your old age dementia is getting much worse, your incessant babbling is becoming boring, so I think I'll stop responding to you just as I do with the Clown, see ya!!
That is something you should have done a long time ago. You just ain't got the makings for a battle of wits.

Know what the difference is between you and I, loony? Someone can sit down across from you and you can play a tune, they can sit across from me and have an intelligent conversation.

Not that you will understand that.

Get some inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware of what they are and how they operate.
There are two types of atheists on here. Those that bought their intelligence, either in a CrackerJack box or institution that poured it into their skulls for them, and those with some serious neural network wiring issues primarily caused by ingesting too many deleterious chemicals in their adolescence, hence the stunted of further development. Some are both.
I learned very quickly after getting on on here almost 3 years ago that there would be no rational and intellectual interaction with them. However, I have become somewhat addicted to poking them with sticks. Gives me something to do and them a purpose in life. They enjoy the nerve stimulation, it sends a jolt of electricity into their brains that they wouldn't otherwise experience. Unfortunately it just passes on into the environment as they have no means to store it and put it too use.
Plus I like the shape of Christine's ass.
On their own they are a small and ineffectual group of people on the global scale, but they make great object lessons on the dangers of enabling idiots through education and mass communications.
This is a disgusting display of your personality. You should be ashamed.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Bashing atheists again, are ya? You're grounded, mister! No computer privileges and no "Gilligan's Island" reruns for a week.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Says the Theist who believes in talking snakes,magic fruit tree's, a man created from a pile of dirt, of course the process required a fictitious being to blow on it, a books that supports slavery, rape, infanticide and genocide, and claims the world is flat covered with a dome, and believes that 4.5 billion cubic miles of extra wither suddenly appeared and the disappeared. And you talk about a drop in educate levels, ha ha ha, Maybe you should be talking about the stunning increase in gullibility that runs rampart through Christianity.
Ugh...talking about the education of christians...I found a link just yesterday that was a clippit from a christian school book that talked about how we supposedly didn't know where electricity came from...it was an older book, but had a picture of a girl along with it and it looked to be maybe took in the 70's or 80's style. My boyfriend grew up in a missionary home and lived in Honduras until he was about 16 or so, and they did the christian home schooling, and it was terrible. He still has some of the booklets and they are horrid in their ignorance or denial of science and the way the world works. Its so sad really that even some of the next generation will have been brought up with this kind of curriculum and when they get older they may not do as well as my boyfriend did in educating himself. He was lucky to have parents that let him make his own choices without bullying him with their religious choice.

When you search for the truth after being lied to for so many years I think anyone comes out smarter for it. I am not near as brain dead as I was when I was following the christian religion and not asking questions about anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 169,781 - 169,800 of223,051
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••