Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#177073 Sep 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So your track record of getting to answers is not good.
Dave's slow factoring algorithm at work?
<quoted text>
Dave learned a long time ago to look at all of the components and how they relate before deciding what it is or what went wrong. He looks at things in a systemic way if there are parts involved.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#177074 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave learned a long time ago to look at all of the components and how they relate before deciding what it is or what went wrong. He looks at things in a systemic way if there are parts involved.
Your ignorant cult posts dirty this forum.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177075 Sep 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So apparently, you also deny the God of the bible murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. I want to hear you say it, come on, I DARE ya, I double DARE ya, tell me that the God of the bible is NOT a murderer of little babies!.........well, show some balls, or admit you're just another Christian coward!!!
Not only will I tell you it is false. I will also tell you it is a display of how stupid you are when ever you post it. You and Quantum Bob disgrace the American Atheist movement with your blogs of pure stupidity. Prior to posting on this tread I did have a higher respect for Atheist bloggers than I do now. I really do not count out the idea that you and Bob are theist mocking Atheist.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#177081 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only will I tell you it is false. I will also tell you it is a display of how stupid you are when ever you post it. You and Quantum Bob disgrace the American Atheist movement with your blogs of pure stupidity. Prior to posting on this tread I did have a higher respect for Atheist bloggers than I do now. I really do not count out the idea that you and Bob are theist mocking Atheist.
You may tell me it's false all day long, but the FACT remains that according to the bible, the bible all Christians claim is the word of God, God does murder innocent little children. He was responsible for the deaths of ALL of the first born male children of the Egyptians. This is clearly stated in the bible. The bible also claims that God flooded the entire planet, apparently he was pissed, not a trait a God would possess, and in doing so murdered every living thing on the planet, except for Noah's clan, and that would include innocent little, babies, children, PREGNANT women and their unborn fetuses. It's all in the bible, THE WORD OF GOD.

Your either playing dumb, not hard for you, haven't taken the time to read the bible, or are really that uneducated on what Christians believe.

Please continue to say its false, and I'll take great pleasure in posting the scriptures were God is shown to commit infanticide and genocide.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#177082 Sep 11, 2013
Can't do it can ya.......ha ha No way you can prove me wrong, you say what I posted was false but you can't back it up, typical Theist, unable to justify their Gods very human and immoral actions. It is all in the bible unless:

"It's almost as if the bible was written by racists, sexists, homophobic, violent, sexually frustrated men instead of a loving God."
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#177083 Sep 11, 2013
Are you proud to be a Christian: "The belief than some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove the evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-women was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magic tree." Makes persecute sense to me!!!!

And these are the people that say the fact of evolution is ridiculous!! Go figure!!!

Rocky Ford, CO

#177084 Sep 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Can't do it can ya.......ha ha No way you can prove me wrong, you say what I posted was false but you can't back it up, typical Theist, unable to justify their Gods very human and immoral actions. It is all in the bible unless:
"It's almost as if the bible was written by racists, sexists, homophobic, violent, sexually frustrated men instead of a loving God."
Provide your basis of moral superiority for passing moral judgement on a deity that created us in its image. Where did you get that higher morality?
LCNLin

Brooksville, FL

#177085 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide your basis of moral superiority for passing moral judgement on a deity that created us in its image. Where did you get that higher morality?
His Opinions have no basis,
thus he posts a lot.

Rocky Ford, CO

#177086 Sep 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
His Opinions have no basis,
thus he posts a lot.
It is a known fact he just likes to toot his horn.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#177087 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality is derived from compassion, not obedience to a deity.

Rocky Ford, CO

#177088 Sep 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused about the difference between obedience to men and obedience to a deity.

You are also confused about compassion. You have too many morality issues to be a truly objective scientist. You observe and measure by your own yardstick. It isn't calibrated to the greater reality.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177089 Sep 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>That figures as it is a proven fact Non-believers have hight I.Q's than believers. They probably modeled the show based on that fact.
Well....

... it's principle writer **is** an atheist, after all.

That's why the show is actually.... funny.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177090 Sep 11, 2013
nelom wrote:
black people getting enslaved by whites And native Americans note ven knowing About jesus till whites came to America is Already proof that God ain't real..

in Addition to how other sets of whites worshipped other gods or no gods .. during the same time period Anyway..
An excellent point: out of the entire planet of millions of people (back, approximately 2000 years ago) this "one true god" chooses a tiny place that is populated almost exclusively with ... goat herders...

... and **that** is where he chose to deliver his "message"?

At the same time? China had an amazingly advanced civilization already....

... hmmmm.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177091 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not even worthy of being posted once. It is just stupid.
Once more? You cannot muster up counter-argument.

So you use your "skill" at name-calling instead.

Classic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177092 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a lot of reading to do. You are worse than I expected you to be. I do recall when atheist knew what they were talking about. You really have no idea how clueless you are. The claim "Religion has no interest in science" is so wrong. It's not worthy of an answer besides you should not post about religion, science or history, until you do some further reading.
Again?

You call me names-- you criticize ME, PERSONALLY.

BUT YOU OFFER ZERO ARGUMENTS OF ANY KIND.

You just say... "IS NOT! IS NOT! IS NOT!" over and over...

Your lame "It's not worthy of an answer" IS AN ADMISSION YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ACTUAL...

... ANSWER.

<laughing my azz off at you>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177093 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to do a lot of reading before you continue. I actually do think you are a theist, that post as an atheist, to make satire of atheism
More personal attack.

More chances for you to post... an ARGUMENT.

More FAILURE to do so.

Classic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177094 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Pointing out you need to do some research on this topic, is not hateful.
Are you still claiming, that you could prove there is no God? And I mean prove, not present a theory.
More personal attack.

More FAILURE to produce an ARGUMENT.

As for your last?

I have already proved your god isn't real.

1) quantum physics and relativity prove that an **omniscient** god is impossible-- such a being would collapse the universe, just by existing.

2) preventable evil in the world proves that there is no **caring** gods of any kind

2a) the existence of evil "holy" books which lead people to commit **great**evil**(bible, quoran, book of mormon, etc) is **also** proof that NO GOD WHO CARES EXISTS-- for allowing such evil to exist

3) the existence of steady human progress and discovery proves that there are no **evil** gods either.

4) all that are left? Are the UNCARING, INDIFFERENT AND UNAWARE gods.

Why bother with these lot? They don't care, they are unaware of humans... so there is no need to even acknowledge them at all.

----------

There you go- summarized JUST FOR YOU.

Let your NO ARGUMENT WHINING commence

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177095 Sep 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
A four year old would give a more intellectual conversation than you would.
Indeed... and much more honest too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177096 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in the above? Is a actual argument.

Nothing.

The entire post above? Consists of whining, name-calling, belittling and personal attack.

Classic fail.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177097 Sep 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go!

The majority of Genuine Christians™ lack compassion utterly.

Proof?

They, as a group, represent one of the major oppositions to universal health care.

They, as a group, also appear to be against any sort of social support program, such as welfare, or school lunch programs.

I'm going by the actions of their Genuine Christian Leadership™, naturally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 26 min Eagle 12 - 32,944
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min u196533dm 81,542
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 30 min Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... Tue Science 2,188
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web