Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176865 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was an atheist for almost 50 years and I didn't feel the way you do.
You flat have an ego issue.
Hey, my life is not so pathetic. Like I said, I got where I can help an illustrious individual such as yourself expose himself for the egotistical idiot he is. That's something, isn't it? A David and Goliath thingy?
You developed your ego, loony. I developed my brain.
But they will both turn to dust when we leave.
So after 50 years you decided to suspend all critical thinking? You decided that skepticism was abad idea? You thought reason and logic were worthless? What happened, did apparition suddenly appear to you one fine night, and convince you that critical thinking was a bad idea? Yeah, right, you were an Atheist for 50 years, righto!!!!

My ego is well developed, it happen very early on when I realized that is how one succeeds in the field I'm in. I've seen the "melvin milk toast" evaporate like the morning fog, from this business. No one gets to succeed without struttin their stuff.

Yes we will both turn to dust, the difference between us is that I will live on in not only the creativity I leave behind, but in the people I have influenced. They in turn will past that on, and on, and on. In some way I do get to live forever, or at least until the sun blows up!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#176866 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we can put them together as a team , we'll call ya the dust bunny's. lol
LOL

Since: Sep 10

United States

#176867 Sep 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So after 50 years you decided to suspend all critical thinking? You decided that skepticism was abad idea? You thought reason and logic were worthless? What happened, did apparition suddenly appear to you one fine night, and convince you that critical thinking was a bad idea? Yeah, right, you were an Atheist for 50 years, righto!!!!
My ego is well developed, it happen very early on when I realized that is how one succeeds in the field I'm in. I've seen the "melvin milk toast" evaporate like the morning fog, from this business. No one gets to succeed without struttin their stuff.
Yes we will both turn to dust, the difference between us is that I will live on in not only the creativity I leave behind, but in the people I have influenced. They in turn will past that on, and on, and on. In some way I do get to live forever, or at least until the sun blows up!!!!
Dave panicked in his old age.

He became a coward.

He is worried that there may indeed be a lake of fire.

He wimped out.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176868 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"People with unsupported beliefs are dangerous..."
People who do not accept Your ideas?
Atheism is old hat Greek Philosophy
Not what I said, do try and pay attention, I said..."people with unsupported beliefs" would that be you? Do you believe in something or some one and have no evidence for their existence? If so thats an unsupported belief. I really shouldn't have to explain such an obvious concept to you. Do try harder!!!

Westcliffe, CO

#176869 Sep 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So after 50 years you decided to suspend all critical thinking? You decided that skepticism was abad idea? You thought reason and logic were worthless? What happened, did apparition suddenly appear to you one fine night, and convince you that critical thinking was a bad idea? Yeah, right, you were an Atheist for 50 years, righto!!!!
You just running scared, Bubba.

I changed by looking how the world is put together according to science.

You can't even begin to comprehend my perception of the higher power. I have trouble myself. It certainly isn't the skydaddy you can't escape the perception of. I'm just another tool. Maybe I will get used again, maybe not. Just enjoying the ride the best I can, and listening to GOOD music that comes from the soul of that greater being through other tools. I get laid once in a while,too. As Solomon said, a man can only be happy with the fruits of his labors, all else is folly. Calloused hands are as good as blubber lips blowing a horn.

Westcliffe, CO

#176870 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave panicked in his old age.
He became a coward.
He is worried that there may indeed be a lake of fire.
He wimped out.
Wimped out?

Dave sees no reason to fight and scratch to live. Why do you?

I just do what I am directed to do. The rest will take care of its self. Dave is a meek person.

I will let those of you that do the second guessing settle your own accounts.

United States

#176871 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even begin to comprehend my perception of the higher power. I have trouble myself. It certainly isn't the skydaddy you can't escape the perception of. I'm just another tool. Maybe I will get used again, maybe not. Just enjoying the ride the best I can, and listening to GOOD music that comes from the soul of that greater being through other tools. I get laid once in a while,too. As Solomon said, a man can only be happy with the fruits of his labors, all else is folly. Calloused hands are as good as blubber lips blowing a horn.
No, you are afraid.

So you are taking Pascal's wager.

Wordsworth did it too.

You're in good company.

Westcliffe, CO

#176872 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are afraid.
So you are taking Pascal's wager.
Wordsworth did it too.
You're in good company.
Do you really, really think you are capable of badgering me?

You are amusing.

United States

#176873 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really, really think you are capable of badgering me?
You are amusing.
No intent to badger.

Just expressing my view.

Just as you express yours.

Westcliffe, CO

#176874 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No intent to badger.
Just expressing my view.
Just as you express yours.
But my view is usually right, yours are based on what you think is right.

Your playing moralist and knowing you are righteous and right will not get you into heaven, Catcher.

United States

#176875 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your playing moralist and knowing you are righteous and right will not get you into heaven, Catcher.
I don't seek heaven.

Heaven is for wimps.

Westcliffe, CO

#176876 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't seek heaven.
Heaven is for wimps.
Good for you. Whatever trips your trigger.

No sweat off anyone else's ass what you wind up doing when you die.

Except for those wanting what you leave. That includes governments.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#176877 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes the key, right?

Do you have the key, Dave?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#176878 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
" As of 2012, about 67.5%[1] of Swedish citizens are members of the Church of Sweden, compared to over 95% in 1970, and 83% in 2000."
"According to the Eurobarometer Poll 2010,[3]
18% of Swedish citizens responded that "they believe there is a god".
45% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force".
34% answered that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force".
According to the Eurobarometer Poll 2012,[3] the religions in Sweden are the following
Protestants 41%
Orthodox 1%
Catholics 2%
Other Christian 9%
Buddhist 1%
Other 3%
Atheist 13%
Agnostics 30%"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Swed...
Then you have the sizeable Muslim immigrant population.
You should feel stupid, but I fear you lack the ability.
BTW, did you notice atheism was classified as a religion? Hah Hah.
Forced membership in the former state church doesn't make you a christian
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176879 Sep 9, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
I know, my friend. That is how some of them are-they do not wish to open their eyes to the truth.
Thanks for the drive by!!!!!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176880 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I was really scared was a trip down the coast from Gloucester, bad squall knocked to boat down, 8 foot seas, very scary indeed.

You say "How the world is *put together." Right there it proves you have a preconception. This is the mistake ALL Theists make, they start with a preconceived notion and build their case around it. Not a very open minded or intelligent approach. What make you think the world was "Put together?" I know very well how planets and suns are formed and none of that factual information requires a "putting together"

You're right there with all the other Christian moonbats, you make assertions without evidence. Your "higher power" is no different from God, neither have verifiable evidence. You also make a second assertion without support, "music that comes from the soul" Music comes from intellect, and the assertion that there is something called a soul is again without evidence. So lets examine you claims and see how many have proof.

1.) The world was "Put together"......By whom or what?........No evidence.

2.) You have a perception of a "Higher Power".....No evidence of such.

3.) Music comes for the "soul".....No knowledge of where music actually comes from and no evidence for "Soul"

4.) Oh, and once again you mentioned a "Greater being" no different form someone mentioning God..........No evidence for this "greater being."

Boy, you struck out 4 times here.

BTW the lips of trumpet players do get very calloused, probably more than your lilly white hands, take a look at Louie Armtstrong's chops someday. Yet another example of you talking in ignorance.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#176881 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist waste of space struggling to make any logical arguments for his mental illness being real

Westcliffe, CO

#176882 Sep 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The last time I was really scared was a trip down the coast from Gloucester, bad squall knocked to boat down, 8 foot seas, very scary indeed.
You say "How the world is *put together." Right there it proves you have a preconception. This is the mistake ALL Theists make, they start with a preconceived notion and build their case around it. Not a very open minded or intelligent approach. What make you think the world was "Put together?" I know very well how planets and suns are formed and none of that factual information requires a "putting together"
You're right there with all the other Christian moonbats, you make assertions without evidence. Your "higher power" is no different from God, neither have verifiable evidence. You also make a second assertion without support, "music that comes from the soul" Music comes from intellect, and the assertion that there is something called a soul is again without evidence. So lets examine you claims and see how many have proof.
1.) The world was "Put together"......By whom or what?........No evidence.
2.) You have a perception of a "Higher Power".....No evidence of such.
3.) Music comes for the "soul".....No knowledge of where music actually comes from and no evidence for "Soul"
4.) Oh, and once again you mentioned a "Greater being" no different form someone mentioning God..........No evidence for this "greater being."
Boy, you struck out 4 times here.
BTW the lips of trumpet players do get very calloused, probably more than your lilly white hands, take a look at Louie Armtstrong's chops someday. Yet another example of you talking in ignorance.
Everything "just is", and has always been here, no cause needed.

Very scientific and objective approach you have there.

You are a credit to your religion.

I think you blew your brains out blowing your horn so loud and so much.

Armstrong held a handkerchief to wipe the drool off his chops. You would do well to emulate him.

Location hidden

#176883 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything "just is", and has always been here, no cause needed.
Very scientific and objective approach you have there.
You are a credit to your religion.
I think you blew your brains out blowing your horn so loud and so much.
Armstrong held a handkerchief to wipe the drool off his chops. You would do well to emulate him.
atheism isn't a religion, once again you insult your own cult by referring to atheism as a religion.

Location hidden

#176884 Sep 9, 2013
creationists fail at logic and truth telling

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min paul porter 16,891
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 42 min Pahu 1,666
The Consequences of Atheism 2 hr polymath257 822
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr ChristineM 4,892
Religiosity 3 hr NightSerf 1
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr ChristineM 6,060
What evidence make you believe in God/gods? 7 hr Thinking 27
More from around the web