Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247560 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176711 Sep 7, 2013
Toby wrote:
You can't build a genuine valid premise to an argument based on propositions concerning the metaphysical and supernatural to begin with, so saying no one can disprove God as an argument that supports the existence of any God is erroneous. Can I prove there isn't leprechauns, fairies, elves and unicorns? The premise is flawed being that it is stating that anything unprovable regardless of how irrational is validated by the very nature of its unprovability.
It actually does prove the existence of a God. Jesus does answer prayers. Jesus and St Michael and many more do provide strength.
davy

Conroe, TX

#176712 Sep 7, 2013
No, unicorns answer prayers and provide strength.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It actually does prove the existence of a God. Jesus does answer prayers. Jesus and St Michael and many more do provide strength.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176713 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That does depend on your standard of disproving. I really can't see how I would have to explain this to you. I could name Jesus you can't name the fat English guy who due to his weight gain lost his TV show. He died not long ago, he did not confess to see God the last minute, but all the same he is completely forgotten.
See?

You cannot describe an Englishman, without a display of your utter disdain for everyone.

You are despicable.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176714 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be back later this claim of your is untrue and silly. It would be like me claiming all Atheist have bad comprehension skills. It's also very unbecoming of someone that brings up hatred as often as you do.
You won't be back to refute my statements.

You **never** actually **refute** anything.

But your hate is showing again.

And?

I **must** talk of hate when I am describing **you**...

... that's the way it works.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176715 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there you go you can't prove there is no God, or Creator. I respect it more if you could confess that, then win every single debate you have. For the umpteenth time, I never claimed I could prove my deity to you.
You don't read, do you? At all?

You read the first word or so-- and then jump to your tirade of hateful belittling?

But I have shown that there cannot be an **omniscient** god.

And I have shown that there cannot be a **caring** god.

And I have shown that there cannot be a **good** god.

What is left?

Spiderman?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176716 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I am respecting your beliefs. I also see it as I am sure you do know yourself. If you told me you had a unique lump on your private part. I'd take your word for it, you wouldn't need to show it to me. If you felt it made you the best sex partner, I would buy that too, unless your sex partner chimed in otherwise.
With no further ado, I now must get to my evening cardio. A very tough exercise session indeed.
More hate spew from you-- that's pretty much all you do, isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176717 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It actually does prove the existence of a God.
Only if you ignore actual reality.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Jesus does answer prayers.
In **exactly** the same way that Santa Claus brings presents.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Jesus and St Michael and many more do provide strength.
By way of the placebo effect, sure.

Proof?

NO MISSING ARMS OR LEGS RE-GROWN. EVER.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#176718 Sep 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you ignore actual reality.
<quoted text>
In **exactly** the same way that Santa Claus brings presents.
<quoted text>
By way of the placebo effect, sure.
Proof?
NO MISSING ARMS OR LEGS RE-GROWN. EVER.
Yeah it don't work like the lord of light on HBO's Game of thrones, the dead...stay dead. If they ever do come back it will prolly be like a George Romero movie...eek.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176719 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure the same goes on behind the iron curtains that atheist based governments form. As usual you present the worse details of a religious group. Yes, Muslim societies are more attractive than atheist.
If you are "Sure" that the practices I outlined as part of the Muslim culture go on behind iron curtain Atheist based governments, then you should have NO problem presenting the evidence. First please identify the "iron Curtain atheist based governments", then present your evidence for stoning women who have had premarital sex, and death due to apostasy. Making assertion without evidence simply means you're nothing more than a assclown, prove me wrong by presenting your evidence, I'll wait!!!!

The details I presented about Muslims are the cornerstones of the Muslim religion. The crime of apostasy is indeed punishable by death. And premarital sex is in fact punishable by stoning. And women are REQUIRED to wear a Burka. That you consider these the "worst" details of this religious group is understandable, they are horrible, but this is exactly what you're going to get when you decide to convert to the Muslin religion, good luck with the three times a day groveling, and yes that is in fact one of the cornerstones of the Muslim religion.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#176720 Sep 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If you are "Sure" that the practices I outlined as part of the Muslim culture go on behind iron curtain Atheist based governments, then you should have NO problem presenting the evidence. First please identify the "iron Curtain atheist based governments", then present your evidence for stoning women who have had premarital sex, and death due to apostasy. Making assertion without evidence simply means you're nothing more than a assclown, prove me wrong by presenting your evidence, I'll wait!!!!
The details I presented about Muslims are the cornerstones of the Muslim religion. The crime of apostasy is indeed punishable by death. And premarital sex is in fact punishable by stoning. And women are REQUIRED to wear a Burka. That you consider these the "worst" details of this religious group is understandable, they are horrible, but this is exactly what you're going to get when you decide to convert to the Muslin religion, good luck with the three times a day groveling, and yes that is in fact one of the cornerstones of the Muslim religion.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#176724 Sep 7, 2013
-BobLoblah- wrote:
<quoted text>07Sep13.....
You are the perfect example of a hate filled hypocrite.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You are the perfect example of a inbreed moron.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176725 Sep 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cmN2cVOr5W4XX
Oh thats good!! It really doesn't specify female virgins does it!!!! Too funny, Thanks for the laugh!!!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#176727 Sep 7, 2013
http://scitechdaily.com/black-hole-powered-je...

http://scitechdaily.com/black-hole-powered-je...

"Processes in the disk tap the tremendous gravitational energy of the black hole to propel material outward from the poles of the disk."

Uh huh. Gravity pushing away mass.

Read the article and see how it says nothing about how that can happen. Yet they have plenty of theories about galaxy formation.

Evidently those jets go opposite directions. Good. Wasn't comfortable with the single. This makes things easier.

Centripetal force.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#176728 Sep 7, 2013
http://scitechdaily.com/physicists-take-new-a...

Theories, theories, theories.

Note the statement about fluid, but atoms get in the way.

I have made comments about the idol worshipers, building from the atom out. The universe created atoms. They are compressions, not expanders, not building blocks. Fractures by observation.

Millions of scientists with trillions of dollars, and this is as far as they get. One beat up old man that thinks about this stuff on occasion for 10 minutes understands the process better than they do. But he doesn't make money from it.

Scientism is a religion. Drop some bills in the plate, please.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176729 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific studies have shown that prayer does not work. Most prayers that are said to be answered are either convenient consequences, naturally occurring, as in miraculous healing's, or can be explained by other means. Of course the nail in the coffin for prayers being answered is the FACT that no amputee throughout history has ever been healed as in having a missing limb miraculously replaced. Maybe they just didn't pray hard enough or pray to the right God, after all there are thousands of them.

How many millions prayed as they have never prayed before during the Holocaust. Prayed for their children, for mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, prayed for a quick death during horrific medical experiments. How many of their prayers were answered?

How many mothers sit in silent prayer watching their children suffer horrible and eventually die from starvation? Happens thousands of times a day, and God does.......NOTHING. But he helped your Mom find her lost wedding ring, and athletes point to the heavens thanking God for their touchdown or home runs, but little children dying of cancer......Sorry God is busy providing strength to Robert.

That you are so weak, that you are without any semblance of inner strength, that you have to rely on an outside agents is pitiful.

There is NO proof for your demon God, he/she/it is only something imagined. If in fact you or anyone had verifiable proof the world would suddenly find peace and happiness as all divisiveness would disappear. Wouldn't you think a kind and loving God would KNOW that by allowing the belief in thousands of different Gods this divisiveness would manifest itself in misery and death over centuries. Maybe George Carlin is right, "Maybe he just doesn't give a shit."
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176730 Sep 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://scitechdaily.com/physic ists-take-new-approach-unify-q uantum-theory-theory-relativit y/
Theories, theories, theories.
Note the statement about fluid, but atoms get in the way.
I have made comments about the idol worshipers, building from the atom out. The universe created atoms. They are compressions, not expanders, not building blocks. Fractures by observation.
Millions of scientists with trillions of dollars, and this is as far as they get. One beat up old man that thinks about this stuff on occasion for 10 minutes understands the process better than they do. But he doesn't make money from it.
Scientism is a religion. Drop some bills in the plate, please.
Science is a religion?...really?.......RELI GION..."The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, a personal God or Gods." Doesn't sound like a religion to me.

What science is however, is the ONLY methodology in determining wether or not something is true. Sure glad we have science otherwise people would be believing in all sorts of mythical beings and magical events..........err....pops... ....Sorry!!!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#176731 Sep 7, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I do live.
<quoted text> What a matter Ben? Can't handle the truth?
http://www.lipstickalley.com/f50/alert-gay-ma...
You also have this out of Michigan.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/12/30/98...
Christians the enemy of the Homosexuals? Please. They are their own enemies. They live a lie like atheists and like atheists they infect each other. Apologists for atheism is like spreading AIDS since they promote lies to others with destructive results. Everyone is accountable to God. That is the truth.
Everyone is not accountable to "god". You can't even be sure that your "god" is the correct one... I think your ego is a little enlarged.

Christians are an enemy to anyone who is homosexual because you expect all other people to live by your bible, and that is not they way the world works ;)

You should wash your brain out and realize how hateful you are being. It's disgusting for you to compare atheism to AIDS, or Homosexuality to AIDS. You say these things simply because you don't like that people aren't agreeing with you, and it's sick and sad.

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#176732 Sep 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Science is a religion?...really?.......RELI GION..."The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, a personal God or Gods." Doesn't sound like a religion to me.
What science is however, is the ONLY methodology in determining wether or not something is true. Sure glad we have science otherwise people would be believing in all sorts of mythical beings and magical events..........err....pops... ....Sorry!!!
A religion isn't merely a supernatural belief. A religion can be anything you deem important enough to influence your worldview. For some, sports is a religion, for others it's music. Science can be embraced as a religion, and indeed many such as Dawkins and yourself do. Dawkins has gone so far as to say that anyone who isn't interested in science can "fuck off."

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176733 Sep 7, 2013
davy wrote:
No, unicorns answer prayers and provide strength.
<quoted text>
If that is your choice.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176734 Sep 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no soul.
This is easily proven by how much **hate** you spew-- with each of your attempts to belittle those who oppose your trash-talk.
That's pretty much 100% of your output: hate-talk.
The above? Is another example of your attempt to belittle people.
That's HATE, bub.
You **reek** of it.
There is proof, it has been documented. Not only can't you see it. It is possible seeking it would cause you harm. As I previously stated, I am note attempting to recruit you. You have your reality and I have mine. Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 15 min Eagle 12 12,810
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr macumazahn 20,900
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 1 hr Eagle 12 15
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 2 hr -Stray Dog 47,846
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 2 hr ORIGINAL WILLARD 39
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Thinking 2,355
Proof of God for the Atheist 7 hr Amused 130
More from around the web