Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#176587 Sep 6, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
youre PROJECTING chunky boy ,
did you think using different name will fool anyone?
Projecting. Moi!!!!!

Who in the hell is chunky boy????.....another one of your night-time male floooosies.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176588 Sep 6, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever Drugs they give you ,just say NO!
it FKD up your brain real BAD
now run along and change your name again you Idiotic Troll
Thank God you are wrong just think how much your mythology sucks. That Darwin crap, and that no life after, that's a bummer. Hey, better you than me.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#176589 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is true. Atheism has no upside.
But how would you know?
Toby

Portland, OR

#176590 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is true. Atheism has no upside.
I disagree, if anything my lack of faith in any religious transcendence has made me understand that this life is all we are guaranteed, and that we better value it all the more, and live it to its fullest.

Location hidden

#176591 Sep 6, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like such a darling. Your language isn't too bad either.

You must be such a lovely thing to wake up to and face in the mornings. Yes!!!

All you atheists have something real bad wrong with whatever is inside your skulls.

Location hidden

#176592 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion Bob has confessed he is a hater in calling me a hater. Understand I told him he is correct, he has no soul, when the dirt lays over the coffin all is over. He has no future existence. Bob's response is "Robert you are a hater.". I can't argue with him, because Bob has told people the same for years. Bob has admitted his post here, has been hatred. I have asked Bob why would you spread such a message. Bob does believe that message, however that really is no reason to share. On a side note I am posting what I do believe. I believe all do know themselves, and your faith matches your fate.
You are most correct in everything you say.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176593 Sep 6, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would **anyone** believe you are **not** a Genuine Christhole™?
You have **all** the trappings of the severely-brain damaged.
You cannot muster up ONE (1) argument in support of your raving insanity.
You do not even TRY. You admit you cannot find ONE (1) argument.
Thus, you admit you are just a raving lunatic-- among too many just like you to count.
You don't even know what a Christian is. With your poor reading comprehension it would be amazing if you know anything

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176594 Sep 6, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, if anything my lack of faith in any religious transcendence has made me understand that this life is all we are guaranteed, and that we better value it all the more, and live it to its fullest.
That is wise of you because you will have no afterlife.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#176595 Sep 6, 2013
False Religion wrote:
Not a single historian, philosopher, scribe or follower who lived before or during the alleged time of Jesus ever mentions him!
Not unusual.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehrman/d...
It is true that Jesus is not mentioned in any Roman sources of his day. That should hardly count against his existence, however, since these same sources mention scarcely anyone from his time and place. Not even the famous Jewish historian, Josephus, or even more notably, the most powerful and important figure of his day, Pontius Pilate.
Matthew 2 describes Herod and all of Jerusalem as troubled by the worship of the infant Jesus. Herod then had all of the children of Bethlehem slain. If such extraordinary infanticides of this magnitude had occurred, why didn't anyone write about it?
It is consistent with the character of Herod who did some gruesome things to his wife and children.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_...
The story's first appearance in any source other than Matthew is in the apocryphal Protoevangelium of James of c.150 AD, which excludes the Flight into Egypt and switches the attention of the story to the infant John the Baptist:

"And when Herod knew that he had been mocked by the Magi, in a rage he sent murderers, saying to them: Slay the children from two years old and under. And Mary, having heard that the children were being killed, was afraid, and took the infant and swaddled Him, and put Him into an ox-stall. And Elizabeth, having heard that they were searching for John, took him and went up into the hill-country, and kept looking where to conceal him. And there was no place of concealment. And Elizabeth, groaning with a loud voice, says: O mountain of God, receive mother and child. And immediately the mountain was cleft, and received her. And a light shone about them, for an angel of the Lord was with them, watching over them."[23]

The first non-Christian reference to the massacre is recorded four centuries later by Macrobius (c. 395-423), who writes in his Saturnalia:

"When he [emperor Augustus] heard that among the boys in Syria under two years old whom Herod, king of the Jews, had ordered to kill, his own son was also killed, he said: it is better to be Herod's pig, than his son."[24]
You have nothing from history which refutes the slaughter of the innocents, There is nothing supernatural about a slaughter so there is no reason to assume Matthew made it up. Once again, it is the moderns who dispute and have the Bible as fiction until proven factual.

Location hidden

#176596 Sep 6, 2013
-BobLoblah- wrote:
06Sep13.....and in the twink of an eye BobLoblah is back.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Like two ships passing in the night, we salute you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176597 Sep 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You have PROOF for this "creator of the universe"?
No?
Then you are full of your usual batshit.
It is not too late for you to learn how to read. I told you the start of the Universe can not be proven. Therefore, creator or no creator could be proven. You are a person of faith, but a very bad faith. You will die and have no after life.
False Religion

Jackson, TN

#176598 Sep 6, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>How about Matthew, Mark, Luke and John!!!!!
Depending on the source Jesus was on the cross around year 33 or 36.

The Gospel of Matthew was composed between 70 and 110, with most scholars preferring the period 80-90.

The gospel of Mark was written around AD 60-70, possibly in Syria.

The date of the Gospel of Luke is traditionally fixed to some time before the end of the final events of Luke's second volume to Theophilus, Acts, so as early as 59 or 60

The gospel of John itself shows signs of having been composed in three "layers", reaching its final form about 90-100

So, these accounts are finally written down some 20-70 years AFTER Jesus died.

Now, take Philo Judaeus whose birth occurred in 20 B.C.E. and died 50 C.E. He lived as the greatest Jewish-Hellenistic philosopher and historian of the time and lived in the area of Jerusalem during the alleged life of Jesus. He wrote detailed accounts of the Jewish events that occurred in the surrounding area. Yet not once, in all of his volumes of writings, do we read a single account of a Jesus "the Christ." Nor do we find any mention of Jesus in Seneca's (4? B.C.E.- 65 C.E.) writings.
Toby

Portland, OR

#176599 Sep 6, 2013
Today and everyday I exist is good enough for me, I will live my life not based on any fear of perpetual torment, if I were to believe in a God I would desire to altruistically love that God, not through fear and intimidation, but a genuine love. I have just a second compared with time itself to live this life. The sanctimony of religion would be a waste of that second in time.
Toby

Portland, OR

#176600 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That is wise of you because you will have no afterlife.
I have met God and God is apparently Robert Stevens

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176601 Sep 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Perhaps.
But they are 100% more **HONEST**, when it comes to the evil bible, than 99% of the rest of Genuine Christianity™.
The rest are just Salad Bar Christians™-- picking here and there as they see fit.
Hypocrites, in other words.
The Westbouroh bunch are far less hypocritical.
the Westbrook Baptist Church are to Christian online Atheist are to atheist. Because you are Godless you can't be considered a hypocrite.
False Religion

Jackson, TN

#176602 Sep 6, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Not unusual.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehrman/d...
<quoted text>
<quoted text> It is consistent with the character of Herod who did some gruesome things to his wife and children.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_...
<quoted text>
You have nothing from history which refutes the slaughter of the innocents, There is nothing supernatural about a slaughter so there is no reason to assume Matthew made it up. Once again, it is the moderns who dispute and have the Bible as fiction until proven factual.
Wiki entry for Massacre: Daniel J. Harrington says the historicity of the incident is "an open question that probably can never be definitively decided";[4] Paul Maier points out that most recent biographers of Herod deny it happened.

Although consistent with other documented actions of King Herod the massacre cannot be positively verified outside of the biblical source.
Toby

Portland, OR

#176603 Sep 6, 2013
GTG

I actually met God and God has a name (Robert Stevens), I must go and spread the good news now

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176604 Sep 6, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Is it unbelievers or should it be non-believers?
Could never figure that one out.
Meanwhile, calling a fellow member a 'sick duck' is not very nice of you. Can't you control yourself, you sick hack.
Unbeliever, sound like a Steven King monster. Erases your beliefs. That is the goals of Little Red Bobbing Hood.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176605 Sep 6, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
I have met God and God is apparently Robert Stevens
Thank you, the perfect one is with in all of us. It is sad for those of us that can't sense it.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176606 Sep 6, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be real. Atheist do not belong on the good theories list, that is why they fought so hard to keep Intelligent Design out of school. A place that has classes on masturbation. What a batch of losers you are. All you could do is debunk details of the Old Testament. You'll never make it in the League of Dr M. Kaku you're not up for the senior circuit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' (May '14) 1 hr Morse 99
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr woodtick57 819
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr thetruth 14,433
Siro is writing a new book 2 hr thetruth 3
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr thetruth 1,419
Evidence for God! 2 hr thetruth 182
10) Experts debate reality of God (May '10) 2 hr thetruth 8,935

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE