Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
169,021 - 169,040 of 225,730 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>U are Deflecting! ABHBAHHAHAHAAa
No you are stupid, and besides the tread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion?" Your the one Deflecting. Bitch

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound frightfully like a schizophrenic.
Perhaps you should seek a doctor who can help you with the chemical or neurological imbalance you are suffering from?
Rather have that than be an Atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
He only offered you truth and reality.
If you can't handle it, by all means.....carry on as you are.
Ye correct, but he can't prove his truth as neither could you. I will carry on in a much superior reality, one with a day after. You and Little Red Bobbing hood, won't have that day after. I wish I could offer you carrying on, but you do know yourself, and your reality.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I know how "great" those delusions can be-- I used to be a cult member myself, back in the day.
When I was a teenager, I belonged to one of those "holy roller" cults.
The lure of self-induced hallucinations is a strong one.
Easily as strong as actual chemical addictions, in fact.
But you are just deluding yourself-- this I know for sure.
Why?
Because your brain is not special, it's not different from all the other brains on the planet.
Yes, but it is so much better than being an atheist. Your reading comprehension is so bad, you're accusing a person of personal religion of being in a cult.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Lie.
The Navajo people do not have an ancient flood myth.
Why do you lie like this?
There were floods. You a so called person of science, should know this. You should shut up and take notes

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Hate speech and fantasizes of infinite torture duly noted.
Again young comprehension fails you. I say you come to an end, not burn in hell. I think you will burn in hell because it is what you actually do believe.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe we will both get what we ask for. I think you know the same. Your real question should be strictly for yourself. Why do you want it all to end? I assure you, you'll get what you ask for.
That is why I am not an atheist. What you request in your beliefs, it sucks. IMO, worse than hell.
The message I get from what you have said here is that you don't care what the truth is. If the truth is something you don't like, then you would rather believe in some fantasy that makes you feel better.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but it is so much better than being an atheist. Your reading comprehension is so bad, you're accusing a person of personal religion of being in a cult.
So it is your opinion that it is better to believe in delusions than it is face reality?

How sad.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Tell him how much of a genius you think he is when you are both in hell. Have a nice evening Quaalude bob.
For the mind is its own place.
It alone can make a hell of heaven,
A heaven of hell.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
polymath really! The way the commercials here operate, they cause mistakes. You're typing away and a commercial will cause stoppage. Only Atheist bring that up here on topix all others understand what happened. I caught you guys having the same problem. It's not note worthy.
I'm not talking about simple typos, which I make in plenty also. I am talking about errors of basic knowledge and fact.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Polymath-- our local math and physics genus,
Genus, huh? At least put me in my own family.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfft.

A distinction without a difference.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the mind is its own place.
It alone can make a hell of heaven,
A heaven of hell.
Milton. A long-time fave.
:-D

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genus, huh? At least put me in my own family.
I'll adopt you, if you like.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Candles don't burn.
Wicks do.
Little Miss Smartypants felt compelled to make a comment.

Candles burn. Wicks provide the interface with the air. Why they call them wicks. You find them in oil lamps, kerosene lamps, etc. You would also find them in room deodorizers like Airwick.

Measure the amount of wax in a candle before and after burning.

You need some experience, little one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How naive you are.
1. You aren't skeptical of science. You're ignorant of it.
2. As such, you don't have the tools to be skeptical. This ignorance emboldens you to make ridiculous, naive, uninformed and laughable claims.
3. Adam and Eve are the "apical ancestors" of your mythology, like Ra, the Sun God, or the Emperor of Japan prior to his divinity being legally rescinded by the USA's imposed constitution.
4. Adam and Eve are myths. The human species was not created out of mud. Only the most base and uneducated could possibly believe that trash.
One man's concoction of specially prepared chemicals is another man's mud.

You can even add electricity to some mud and put it to work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_%28semico...

You can also use some to get rid of these wrinkles on your face.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
One man's concoction of specially prepared chemicals is another man's mud.
You can even add electricity to some mud and put it to work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_%28semico...
You can also use some to get rid of these wrinkles on your face.
Here, Dave, I think you'll like this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

It shows the neurapathways of the brain. Now we can dispense with that stupid "10%" myth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, Dave, I think you'll like this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
It shows the neurapathways of the brain. Now we can dispense with that stupid "10%" myth.
Never believed in that 10% stuff.

Hiding, I felt my brain growing back after my concussion. The sensation was like dust collecting and getting fired up with an awareness going with it. Layered increases in awareness. It made me realize how intelligence is exponential, and not linear like commonly thought. It is like going up a ladder and each step up increases your view of the horizon. A one foot rise vertically results in miles that comes into view. IQ tests are measured in rungs.

You read my reference to cores, or levels of consciousness. I related the changes during my death experiences. There is a core to you that can observe and note changes in yourself, buried deep inside your subconscious. It ties the knots in your brain that your higher functions can access later. Such tends to be symbolic, such as dreams, etc, but are records of observations that core experienced. Your existence works outward. Why I don't believe the meat makes the mind. The meat is just useful stuff to create an experience or manifestation. The universe and its components were created for the manifestation of thought. However, that physical layer becomes a filter the inner consciousness has to deal with and interface with the other material around.

In my reduction to my core I very much noticed I had a certain power if you wish to call it that to "create" and manipulate this physical presence. It is difficult to relate that due to the terminology and physical points of reference we use, but it is similar to dreaming. I related how I "woke up" from this existence and very much wanted to go back to sleep and dream more to escape the reality I woke into, which I was familiar with. The dreaming was hiding from something much larger than myself of an intelligent nature.

I have a remarkable ability to heal. I recover quickly from most injuries, and the more I am aware of where they are, the faster I heal. I think most people have this ability. The inner core patching things up more than some vague evolutionary process of action/reaction.

We are more than just meat.

BTW, learned something new the other day. If one does not use a hot glue gun with the objects to be glued secured properly as one knows they should, but one ignores in that neverending human expectation of defying the odds, that hot glue can and will burn flesh and will remove two layers of skin in an uncomfortable manner. And which reinforces a lifetime knowledge that if you play with fire you will get burned, but that still doesn't deter us from being stupid. So much for evolution and the best and brightest products arising from such. Such can apply to the physical world as well as the spiritual world.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is your opinion that it is better to believe in delusions than it is face reality?
How sad.
Because you can not prove Atheism, you offer a theory. My theory is everything is case by case. You have your reality, and I have mine. You do know yourself, as do I. As mentioned your reality sucks and should be kept to oneself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Observations of the physical world from the same physical plane of reference results in observation of physical effects arising from an action. This goes down to your atomic level. This can lead to an assumption the physical is the causation all by itself which then becomes the basis for denial of that which you can't see. Even though the same logic building that base of observation dictates that something caused the physical. This is a trap "scientism" and Topix atheists get caught in. They are stuck inside a bottle contemplating their navel, stuck in a loop of thinking.

Modern cosmology says we are in a bottle, the BBT. Navel contemplators come up with some really wild mathematical theories where numbers did the creating. Although the numbers can't do a thing on their own, and didn't even exist until this bottle came into existence.

All of this manifestating and expressing we do is just an extension of something higher up the ladder. Which on an individual basis we do from very limited perspectives.

We don't have the right language to talk to each other and put the jigsaw puzzle together. It would be a language of "knowing" more than attempts to describe based on individual components. The knowing comes from within, and not from the without.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••