Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
168,961 - 168,980 of 226,505 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#176110 Sep 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Polymath is a genius.
Tell him how much of a genius you think he is when you are both in hell. Have a nice evening Quaalude bob.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#176111 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.c om/72-blacks-born-to-unwed-mot hers/
<quoted text>
Moynihan warned about the breakdown of the family and social pathologies which would follow back in 1965 and that was at 25% in the black community and 6% overall. Now the out of wedlock birth rate is at 40% overall. 70% in the Black community. Think it is bad now? Give it another 25 years and see what you got!
Statistic is Funny! FUNNY! BWHAHHAHAHAAHHAaa

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176112 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you have ONE (1) FACT that would back your silly claim of "god"?
Just one-- that's all anyone asks.
No?
Yes I do, every morning.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#176115 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Tell him how much of a genius you think he is when you are both in hell. Have a nice evening Quaalude bob.
The religitards will have to first construct a hell to go to, Hitler nearly succeeded and at least for a time he brought hell to Earth.

United States

#176116 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie love, you have a few misfiring in your logic and understanding of what is being discussed.
I said if you are having a dream you are having coherent thoughts. Those "misfiring" neurons are doing so to make a movie.
The lady said she was dreaming while dying. Something triggered that dream process. That dream process is done in your higher "human" brain circuitry. If that level is not functioning, then a lower or deeper level is.
This is a program written into you to exit this existence. This could not have been written by the strictly materialistic evolution you proclaim. There is just not any damned reason for "nature" to give a shit about the pain and suffering you go through upon expiration. Your materialistic function is over. For such a program to be written and entered into the human genome some ancestor would have to survive the experience, have it written to their genes, and then passed on to their babies, and their descendants then became modern man.
There is no imperative for nature to put you to sleep before you physically die. Why would she care?
DNA and brain programing! BWHHAHAHAAHAHAHHA Pass on to baby , i would say some random programing and fixed programing! YEA! BWHHAHHAAAa

United States

#176117 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Tell him how much of a genius you think he is when you are both in hell. Have a nice evening Quaalude bob.
Hell is heaven and Heaven is Hell! BWHAHHAHAHHAhaaa

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#176118 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> One does have to vilify and assume the worst about the ancients in order to assume the moderns got it all right.(Even though they have been proven wrong time and time again.) With their modern myths about man as nothing more than soul less ape like creatures with big brains. No ancient precedent for any of that. It is just completely made up and assumed to be true and given the validation of Science. Any body who is skeptical is viewed as a Troglodyte and even worse. Well if their case is so strong why banishment tactics? Why the revulsion? Which is mostly emotional as opposed to rational. Can't compete? I read somewhere the kings of Europe could trace their ancestry back to the sons of Noah. Certainly Jesus did not treat Adam and Eve as myth. The Luke genealogy goes back to Adam the son of God. Josephus and Philo did not think Adam and Eve were myth figures. The moderns discredit themselves.
You do realize that you're using the bible.....to prove the bible....

Lame.....pretty lame....

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176119 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Hate speech noted.

Only someone completely full of hate would say such things.

Nice.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176120 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
I think what is in store for them is worse than hell.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#176121 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Neurons misfiring in an order and synchronization capable of giving you thought.
You went to sleep instead of continuing to think with the higher brain functions. Your subconscious shut your human brain layer off.
But you were still alive. You didn't go to eternal sleep, just the sleep your subconscious puts you in every night.
Where and what were you doing when that occurred?
I went through two more shutdowns of consciousness levels of the human brain, and a wake up in another realm. I was injured in the wild and by surprise. Real time reaction to events. I was preparing, quite reluctantly, to transition into another life form and life until my body was disturbed and some blood started flowing again, making me a viable physical entity again. With some damage, and an insight I wouldn't have had otherwise. I fled my body because it hurt so damned bad. I started with a fully intact but dislocated consciousness that found itself looking around after going through a black tunnel with no lights, and then noticing something was wrong.
You sit there writing and poo poohing from an entirely subjective and limited experience, based upon what you have read, an outside looking in. I put the recollections back and have studied the processes from the inside out.
At some point in your experience things would have got a lot more serious about what was happening. You were easing into an exit. There is another door after that one.
Yeah, the old dark tunnel. I remember it well. So what? A dream is a dream is a dream.

I had not heard of NDE's at the time, so there was nothing to read. Sure I'm subjective, it's MY experience.....so is your experience and your interpretation of it.....subjective.

*bitchsl@p* GET OVER IT!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176122 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No counter argument is needed. It is just a theory at best. You can't prove it, and if you could you'd be very well off. Why do you continue this, as I said. It can not be done. It is funny that you try. I honestly don't think it's a strong theory.
So?

It's one possible explanation.

You just don't like it because there is no "gawd" involved.

As result, it's stronger than **anything** you have proposed.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176123 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do, every morning.
Really?

Yet you cannot share?

In short: you are simply lying.

Again.

United States

#176124 Sep 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The religitards will have to first construct a hell to go to, Hitler nearly succeeded and at least for a time he brought hell to Earth.
Your new Hilter = Satan = US militaristic Imperialism; and lowly minions , the little the devils are those your religitards Xtain fundie Soldiers of US Military industrial Complex. Yes , No , Maybe? I'm clueless?

BHAHHHAHAAaa

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176125 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what is in store for them is worse than hell.
Hate speech and fantasizes of infinite torture duly noted.

United States

#176126 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No counter argument is needed. It is just a theory at best. You can't prove it, and if you could you'd be very well off. Why do you continue this, as I said. It can not be done. It is funny that you try. I honestly don't think it's a strong theory.
Interjecting this post of you addressed to Bob.

Give example of Weak theory and strong theory ,explain in detailed brief synopsis.

BAHAHHAAHaaa

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176127 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you have ONE (1) FACT that would back your silly claim of "god"?
Just one-- that's all anyone asks.
No?
I am very happy with my beliefs. If you want to sell me a different package. Please offer something good.

Atheism, no soul. I have felt yearning. That's enough proof for me. I have a soul. I move on into another existence after this life. In my case I come back as another person.

No soul, no afterlife..... Atheism does suck. You're not throwing great parties.

Atheism sucks so much, if you could prove it, which you know you can't. I still wouldn't want to be it. If you ever did prove it as fact, and thank God you can't and it isn't. That would humanities worse day. Being slaved by Extra Terrestrials wouldn't be as bad. Spreading atheist is worse than not picking up after your dog, after deliberately giving him diarrhea. I don't think I could exaggerate about how bad atheism is. I would take any religion over it. It is unbecoming, putting it mildly.

United States

#176128 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do, every morning.
You and Bob should get up in morning have cup of Joe and talk it over . BAHHAHAHHHA

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176129 Sep 1, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Interjecting this post of you addressed to Bob.
Give example of Weak theory and strong theory ,explain in detailed brief synopsis.
BAHAHHAAHaaa
You can't figure it out on your own. I can't help you

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176130 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Really?
Yet you cannot share?
In short: you are simply lying.
Again.
God is with in me. I could feel it. I can't help you. If you knew how great it was. I know you can't take my word for this. You are at a disadvantage.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#176131 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It boils down to if you believe there was a purpose to our creation. We ARE created, matters not how or by what.
If your life has no purpose, why do you go through the struggles? Why do you worry about the here and now and the future if it is ultimately meaningless? Gets too much and you can put yourself to eternal sleep in a hurry, you wouldn't be missing a thing except pain and anguish, right?
My parents created me. My husband and I created our children (I was there from start to finish) and so it goes.

Your life may be meaningless (another subjective opinion on your part) but mine, fortunately is filled with purpose. I've had a good time so far, the ups AND the downs, it's all part of the experience. When I'm gone, there are plenty of others to carry on and this world will keep on spinning for a long, long time. Kind of nice really, I enjoy being a part of it.

You really must quit projecting, Sparky, not everyone has your sour apple heart;0)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 15 min Patrick 436
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 20 min Patrick 13
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 38 min Dak-Original 21,516
The myth of the angry atheist 2 hr Thinking 2
The Ultimate Evidence of God 2 hr Thinking 67
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom Sat religionislies 58
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! Sat Patrick 7
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••