Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175797 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not need ANYTHING. What does God need with a _____. You could fill that blank with any word. Honestly you should have figured that out on your own.
Please explain to us all exactly how you know what or whatnot God needs. I've asked you to please PROVE that God does not need a starship as he could possible be part of an ancient and highly advanced extraterrestrial race and does indeed need a starship. Go for it!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175798 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up, you can't prove it. Much better have tried. If you could prove it, and you didn't profit from it, than you really are lost.
"If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed".

You have ONCE again made an appeal to ignorance. Is comprehension some kind of a problem for you. A learning disability perhaps, or simply because you really are ignorant. Avoiding your responsibility is childish at best, so please support your claim that then Universe has a creator. Ask me one more time to prove that is doesn't means complete defeat on your part. Constantly making an appeal to ignorance really makes you look stupid, DO BETTER. So far you've failed twice, wanna go for three?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175799 Aug 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You are living proof that CHILDREN SHOW BE SEEN AND NOT HEARD!!!! Off to bed little one. Be good or I'll tell you that scary story about the invisible monster who is always watching you.
good post! I like it... very funny... Bro. Clownie don't give too much credit to a rival but will admit its funny/witty

Now the library is about to close go home...
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175800 Aug 28, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
He's referring to Christopher Hitchens.
Yes I know who he's referring to, In just wanted to see if he had the balls to admit it.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175801 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>good post! I like it... very funny... Bro. Clownie don't give too much credit to a rival but will admit its funny/witty
Now the library is about to close go home...
Quit screwing around, you've NEVER EVER been to a library!!!! Why would you, really young children can't read.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175803 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>don;t worry about it Bob you won't be there... because that would make it hell
You got it 180 degrees out of phase here.

It's **hell** because of you and people like you.

Your hate, your insufferable bigotry? Hellish.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175804 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you lick your skid marks LOL
Obscene post reported.

But you are SUCH a credit to your jesus, with this example of your hate.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#175805 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>I may surprise you with this response, and you may find it too abrasive. I am an abrasive person. I do feel the way I post about things, and I am sure the Atheist here are consistent with how they interact. They are very quick to attack others. I think there are reasons they are the way they are. I think they are socially challenged. I see evidence of this. You can't chat it out with them. It's not just they do not believe in God, they don't take people's word for even routine statements. My abrasiveness and their lack of social skills all most all ways make for a harsh conversation. Ad yes, I do believe we all know ourselves. It's not that I use that as an attack.
There is a big difference between knowing how you feel and using it as an attack....I usually respond in kind to people...if they come with an attitude then I give them an attitude back. As long as no one comes on here with the thought that they will change someone's mind, and they allow the other person to continue their belief or lack their of, there is no problem from me. I haven't had a problem speaking with you so far. I'm sure if the right things were said it could probably get mean, but I've seen your responses an I know how I respond sometimes so that the only reason I say that :-). I don't fully understand your beliefs only because I've shared it and chose to leave for reasons that I "do" understand, but it made me aware that long followed faith is a hard thing to break.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175806 Aug 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it 180 degrees out of phase here.
It's **hell** because of you and people like you.
Your hate, your insufferable bigotry? Hellish.
Bob you're a bigot

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#175807 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>yes it does
No it doesn't darlin...their are many people who are not religious that are much smarter than you ;-). That doesn't mean there aren't knowledgeable christians out there. Your statement is bold and untrue.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175808 Aug 28, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
if you don't believe in the tooth fairy and easter bunny you are dumb......just as credible....
wrong again! give me proof knuckle-head

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#175810 Aug 28, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
When did atheists become so teeth-gratingly annoying?
Surely non-believers in God weren't always the colossal pains in the collective backside that they are today? Surely there was a time when you could say to someone "I am an atheist" without them instantly assuming you were a smug, self-righteous loather of dumb hicks given to making pseudo-clever statements like, "Well, Leviticus also frowns upon having unkempt hair, did you know that?" Things are now so bad that I tend to keep my atheism to myself, and instead mumble something about being a very lapsed Catholic if I'm put on the spot, for fear that uttering the A-word will make people think I'm a Dawkins drone with a mammoth superiority complex and a hives-like allergy to nurses wearing crucifixes.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/brendanonei...
Big red heart. and a groucho!

Namaste

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#175811 Aug 29, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Bob you're a bigot
This is coming from an online clown. Literally.

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#175812 Aug 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#175813 Aug 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
1. You claimed I was being emotional, but I am not the one using apostrophes.
Yes you are, like most unbelievers you cannot get past your revulsion of a God you do not believe exists. Slavery is regulated in Scripture for the benefit of the slave. That is what i wrote. If you disagree then present your case from Scripture and history.
2. Do you believe your deity is the source of all morality? Is your deity the only perfectly moral being?
Source of all life and all life is accountable to Him. You on the other hand continually distort God depicted.
You see, I cannot agree with you if you believe so. A perfectly moral being would not write "slavery is ok,
Cite your source for your claim. Where does God say slavery is ok? If slavery is ok according to your understanding of God then why are the Israelites liberated from Egyptian slavery and why is the children of the widow liberated from debt slavery via Elisha?
don't beat the slave too much."
Right. Don't beat them to death because that is abuse of power. If you had even a mediocre understanding of Scripture then you would know God depicted continually holds people and countries accountable for abuses. You simply are not interested in any rational explanation from people who have studied these things for years so i don't know why you ask since your warped understanding takes precedence over any rational explanation. When asked to back up any of your claims you reference a wiki site to hide your obvious ignorance.
It would write "under no conditions is slavery to be permitted. I expect better from you, my creations."
God does expect a lot better and that is why there is judgement. In Biblical context life here is merely a phase. A precursor for things to come. Topix illiterates select quote Scripture and ignore contest along with historical setting. They depend on the ignorance of the audience and there is plenty of that here. Under that scenario anything can be justified from Scripture. It is the abuse of Scripture and the abuse is what is passed off as the norm. They lie and distort again and again. Like Poly passing off his interpretation of Genesis and the ancient believing a bowl in the sky supported on pillars. He might as well put a sign around his neck declaring himself a Biblical moron. I started this in a response to one of Poly's posts but you jumped in and did his dirty work for him. The fact remains you cannot back any of your assertions and spamming then does not make them true of accurate.
Thinking

Bridgetown, Barbados

#175814 Aug 29, 2013
That you are too poorly endowed to consider yourself a real one is rather unfortunate... for you.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're a real meat-beater

Location hidden

#175816 Aug 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you are, like most unbelievers you cannot get past your revulsion of a God...blah blah blah creationist bullsh*t.
Another failed creationist who doesn't know what atheism is.

Location hidden

#175817 Aug 29, 2013
Once you've proven the god you're lying about please let us know so we can hold is accountable for all the horrible things its done (and people have done in its name).

Location hidden

#175818 Aug 29, 2013
Facts preceed conclusions - theist mental illness hard-wires the opposite process.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175819 Aug 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
bigot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 47 min Richardfs 2,394
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr _Bad Company 157
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr _Bad Company 23,204
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 14 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 23 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... Sun Thinking 3
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Sat Yiago 148
More from around the web