Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258490 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175912 Aug 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you say above contributes to much of anything-- apart from you, whining.
Quantum Bob said "I m going to report this". Guess who brought this up. Then claimed they never do post offensively, I am just delivering the cheese for your wine. I have no problem pointing out you are soulless worm meat, and that is by YOUR very own admission. You are like the jealous person without the nice item.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#175913 Aug 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
He brought it up, I really don't care. I just won't vote for worm meat.
But a dead Jew on a stick makes the cut?

Sometimes I wonder about people.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175914 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
But I read about only 10% of the crap **you** post.
You are mostly word-salad-- you write lots of fluff, and say ... pretty much nothing.
Your anti-evolution stance brands you as just another moronic True Believer™.
This post does bring home my points with you as a blogger. I don't think the anti-evolution crowd are morons. Maybe ignorant to facts. It is a case by case thing.

I never posted I don't believe there was evolution. In fact I made a post here saying I do believe in evolution, we evolved from fish, clearly. However along our trip to where we are now. I am sure we were never tree dwelling primates. Why people like yourself cling to this is beyond me. I don't know if you could be helped.

La Veta, CO

#175915 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being stupid. No one is objective. Anyone who claims an objective position is either lying, naive or unintelligent.
That means, according to you, everyone's credibility is "shot to hell."
It's not especially surprising that you would write stupid words, though, given your insanity.
<quoted text>
Education is an artificial intelligence is it now?
Where do you come up with this trash thinking?
<quoted text>
Your envy of education is palpable. Sorry, Dave, you're an ignoramus. What passes for knowledge for you means nothing to anyone else. It's worthless fiction that you think up all by yourself, you and your cigarettes.
Turn the O2 up old man. You're starved brain is spewing garbage again.
Man was thinking long before he got "educated". In fact, that is what led to "educating".

You are lazy. Was easier to let them pour their knowledge, and what they wanted you to think, into your skull, than to think. You just had the memory retention to deal with,

Your last many posts reveal that knee jerk intelligence. You appear to be in a confused period of your life as evinced by that knee jerk, autonomic response mechanism kicking in.

In one of your last posts you said the imagined God was impotent and unable to effect change inferring this was reason for it not existing. This reflects a weakness in thought on your part. The Biblical God kicked man out on his own, after giving him means to survive in the wilderness. It was up to man to make his own order out of chaos. This is like your idealized chaos and anarchy of today's progressive liberalism. Everybody get your phreak on. It is up to man to bring order out of that. God washed his hands a long time ago. He will just save the good parts.

You whine that Teacher isn't giving you enough personal attention.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175916 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
The universe was an uncaused event.
Under Quantum Mechanics? Pretty much **everything** is uncaused at that level.
Since the entire universe is based on quantum mechanics? It's obviously not caused either.
That right there eliminates your Magic JuJu Beast who waves his wand and *poofs* the universe into being.
You should have the sense just to stop on the fact you can't prove how The Universe started. You did prove to me one thing. The Buddhist are correct "the most intelligent man says "I don't know""

May opening statement remains true.'The Human race can't prove there is no God until, the human race knows everything." Proving you wrong on the origin question by itself, is just one way to prove you wrong. I shouldn't have to go on. In your personal Universe Bob, you can't go further. You do know everything. I do believe you, you have co contact with God, and I agree with the further details of your Atheism. It is just yours though. Others have the same style and results but that is still just theirs. You seek the oldest religious destination "Where all is one, and one is all" No question in my mind not only are you a religious person, but you are a fanatic seeking fundamentalist results.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175917 Aug 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>But a dead Jew on a stick makes the cut?
Sometimes I wonder about people.
Why can't you see it as the greatest mythological story of all time, and appreciate the positive lessons learned from the story? You compete with it instead of letting it be and taking it in. One might say it was part of nature. I have heard atheist talk of it as such.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175918 Aug 30, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot!
Mathematically proven debunked.
Violates the laws of science.
That position is not held in the mainstream.
I know this is Bob posting to claim I am multi posting. I see he even is doing the same to T-Town. There is one part of this I could agree with, but it starts a conversation here that is off topic. I may address it if I catch him elsewhere. Bob might be anti-mainstream. Save it for another chat. Really this one should have ended with post 175875, on page 8444. Bob should post as The Minotaur

La Veta, CO

#175920 Aug 30, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
retard, you don't prove negatives......can you prove no tooth fairy or easter bunny?....you have to prove there is a god, not as k for someone to disprove your fantasy...that's why it is called a fantasy, because you can't prove it...
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/toot...

The Tooth Fairy must exist. Though it may go broke from inflation.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175921 Aug 30, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
retard, you don't prove negatives......can you prove no tooth fairy or easter bunny?....you have to prove there is a god, not as k for someone to disprove your fantasy...that's why it is called a fantasy, because you can't prove it...
What I am saying could be proved, but at this date and time we can't. Your analogy serves no purpose. it has no relation to the topic. There is also a good chance you can't prove it because it is not so. Your beliefs, like all others are based on faith. In 15 years of posting online I have even found Atheist Mythology. I would have no trouble conceding you're not a religion without not just fanatical online poster/bloggers but your Atheist Churches that are popping up.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175922 Aug 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/toot...
The Tooth Fairy must exist. Though it may go broke from inflation.
Welcome to Bizarro where, faith has to be proven, and the claim of fact needs no proof. Even if the message tread says "Atheist requires as much faith as religion?" it is the faith having that have to prove. Even after admitting they take leaps of faith.

La Veta, CO

#175923 Aug 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Bizarro where, faith has to be proven, and the claim of fact needs no proof. Even if the message tread says "Atheist requires as much faith as religion?" it is the faith having that have to prove. Even after admitting they take leaps of faith.
Their brains are too dead to strike any sparks leading to a higher awareness.

Stranded on the side of the road.

They also refuse any offers to get jump started.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175924 Aug 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just imagine this. In a face to face conversation, they could get away with putting words in others mouth. Could you imagine in a non posting where you can't go back and say "Look I did not say that." How much stuff would they put in your mouth, none of it food either. As it is they make up a conversation and really don't have one with you. But just imagine how bad they are in speaking conversations. I am sure I would avoid such people. As I am sure they are avoided. This is why they will all ways out post you in the end. They will claim it as victory.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#175925 Aug 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you see it as the greatest mythological story of all time, and appreciate the positive lessons learned from the story? You compete with it instead of letting it be and taking it in. One might say it was part of nature. I have heard atheist talk of it as such.
Oh, for...
I can extract a positive message from "Kilroy Was Here".

The difference between thee and me is, I don't give a toss whether you extract the same message.

And I'm certainly not going to attempt to alter your behaviour based on my vision.

La Veta, CO

#175926 Aug 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Just imagine this. In a face to face conversation, they could get away with putting words in others mouth. Could you imagine in a non posting where you can't go back and say "Look I did not say that." How much stuff would they put in your mouth, none of it food either. As it is they make up a conversation and really don't have one with you. But just imagine how bad they are in speaking conversations. I am sure I would avoid such people. As I am sure they are avoided. This is why they will all ways out post you in the end. They will claim it as victory.
In real life you will see them sitting in the coffee shop deep in conversation with themselves, sometimes in a very animate manner. That is why they are usually very alone, as others tend to sit at least a table or two away. They do that at bus stops, parks, and other places, too.

La Veta, CO

#175928 Aug 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, for...
I can extract a positive message from "Kilroy Was Here".
The difference between thee and me is, I don't give a toss whether you extract the same message.
And I'm certainly not going to attempt to alter your behaviour based on my vision.
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/d27e950a-10bf-...

I get a message from that.

It must suck to be Irish.

La Veta, CO

#175929 Aug 30, 2013
http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/police-storm-homes...

Hiding, refer to my last few posts.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#175930 Aug 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Man was thinking long before he got "educated". In fact, that is what led to "educating".
You are lazy. Was easier to let them pour their knowledge, and what they wanted you to think, into your skull, than to think. You just had the memory retention to deal with,
Your last many posts reveal that knee jerk intelligence. You appear to be in a confused period of your life as evinced by that knee jerk, autonomic response mechanism kicking in.
In one of your last posts you said the imagined God was impotent and unable to effect change inferring this was reason for it not existing. This reflects a weakness in thought on your part. The Biblical God kicked man out on his own, after giving him means to survive in the wilderness. It was up to man to make his own order out of chaos. This is like your idealized chaos and anarchy of today's progressive liberalism. Everybody get your phreak on. It is up to man to bring order out of that. God washed his hands a long time ago. He will just save the good parts.
You whine that Teacher isn't giving you enough personal attention.
Old man, you are the one who believes that people can learn by tinfoil alone.

Put some more on, see how that works.

La Veta, CO

#175931 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Old man, you are the one who believes that people can learn by tinfoil alone.
Put some more on, see how that works.
Lovey, I am quite aware that people can and do learn by tinfoil alone.

How else would you appear so smart and intelligent?
xianity is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#175932 Aug 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LLL
PROJECTING yet again Davey! are you going for a world record?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#175933 Aug 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
<The Dave Nelson> "I could supply everything the world needs in order to think like me if they would only listen to meeeee..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min replaytime 61,032
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 4 hr Eagle 12 452
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Subduction Zone 28,307
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 8 hr Dogen 2,628
Deconversion Mon Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
News Distrust of the non-religious runs deep in Amer... Mar 3 Eagle 12 126
More from around the web