Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,430)

Showing posts 168,581 - 168,600 of223,961
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
None of which you can manage to produce.
Interesting.
Just like there is "gold" at the end of a rainbow?
creation is enough for me...
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok please read what you posted. 1st, I offended you by posting you have no soul. If you have no belief in God how in the world is that an offensive statement. This post really has me thinking you are not an Atheist or atheist. If atheism was the primary belief, ok I'll play your silly game. What most people believed, would you doubt them. I think so. In many cases, ok maybe not you, but....
no offence at all,dude,I know soul is just something religious hope for due to their fear of death,

IF there was souls,we should be able to comunicate with dead,so can you?

now consider what living for eternity would be like,kissing Jebus ahole every day,only a DumbClown would dig that LLL
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I will now answer according to my opinions or beliefs. James T Kirk asked a being posing as God. "What does God need with a starship?' My opinion of The perfect one. Is he don't need anything. My beliefs that Atheist have no souls. Is based on The Universe pumping out too many intelligent beings. Now I will throw you another off the wall curve ball. There is a good chance we are a computer simulation. If so, how could The Perfect One keep up. Overall in my opinion God is not of human appearance. Maybe we are not even creatures of God in body, but we are in soul.
IF the Perfect One couldnt keep up,it would NOT be PERFECT now would it!

you simpletons are quite amusing LLL

carry on

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I will take that as your admission of defeat.
Since you did not offer any rebuttal.
There really is nothing to offer a rebuttal for. There are things you post I don't take serious enough to dispute. This message tread is a no brainer. You can't prove The Universe started without a creator. Therefore you do have faith. If you didn't think about it often, I might respect your argument. You are a fanatic, and a fundamentalist. I would wager you post 20+ hours a week, about this topic, and if you are unemployed 50+. Your claims actually betray yourself, it's silly.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I always think I'm kind of bitchy, to be honest.
My atheist friends laugh that I come on here at all, so you're right about the difference between topix posters and not-topix posters.
When I see a believer and an atheist in a heated argument on here, I don't know what started it. Why would I jump into the fray and say "stop calling this believer bad names!"
An example:
Nano gets all upset and blames me for other people's posts for not doing what you suggested. But she writes nasty, nasty stuff. So her opinion is hardly objective concerning her own posts and the fighting she's embroiled herself in.
I guess the bottom line is, if a believer and an atheist choose to respond to each other in a demeaning way, well, it takes two to tango.
you are one of the nicest posters here,and smartest,too,,dont let the kristain psychos let you down,,ganbatte!

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Obscene post reported.
You are a hypocrite, I am sure you posted much worse.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally don't claim to have the answer for creation or life after death either one. I know that no one knows anything 100%. I just don't feel like I have faith in anything...by definition in order for me to have faith in something I would have to put my complete trust in science or religion and I can't trust either one because neither one of them can be proven to have the "correct" answer. I "believe" that science has the most probable answers by what they have been able to show me that they have found and done, but that is my personal opinion and choice. The other definition for faith is religious based only so I know that I do not hold that kind of faith. I just am not one of the atheists that you speak of that doesn't admit to the fact that neither side has the "correct" answer. So...although it cannot be proven that there was no creator it also cannot be proven that there was, and since I do not have a reason to have a complete trust in either choice then I can't say that my choice takes any faith at all...and I'm sure there are many that feel the same.
To his day I have read you as a true agnostic. I am like you in the details you mention, but more likely I take more leaps of faith than you do. If you read one of my other post, it's hard to believe, but I do ride with what I find to be the most likely, combined with some personal experiences. Let's call time out now. look how far off topic I am going.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Although it just occurred to me that I can completely trust that I have never seen god, I have never heard gods voice and i have never been given any evidence from any religion or religious leader that shows me that miracles happened or happen, that prayers are answered, that god gives an answer for everything in the bible so I guess I could say that I have "faith" that god most likely does not exist...I have been shown the results of research from scientists that have shown and debunked many so called miracles that could have been seen as a miracle back in the day, but are found to be phenomenons of nature, also many healers who have been proven to be hoaxes and fakes in it for the money, and so far I have never seen any real scientist claim to know for certain exactly how the universe began because all intelligent scientists know that there are always more answers to be found. However science has yet to fail in its ability to figure out how things work, and ways that they benefit us so I don't feel the need to doubt it's research on the creation of the universe and the evidence that they have found to back it up.
I find everyday to be a miracle. The human race. Our souls get to act out in this animal form. I all ways come back. For reasons, souls now seek simpler forms. Different breakdowns for different reasons. You could see this conversation is meant for a different message tread. If you want to point it out to me I'll go more into details. After posting with Atheist for about 15 years now, on and off. I am sorry, but they just are not honest enough for such a conversation. I also don't know if you could talk personal beliefs without coming across as condescending. We are really the silent majority. As in most people do remain their religion even after tuning their beliefs to their personal preferences. I really don't care if anyone but me, sees things just the way I do. Online Atheist are the opposite.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You're just making yourself look exceedingly stupid here. Chiding someones physical appearance and criticizing his actions and not willing to make any kind of logical point, is in fact, stupid. You're not even smart enough to remember this persons name or exactly what they stood for, shockingly stupid.
My suggestion to you would be to stop contributing dribble to this post and try to organize your thoughts more clearly!!!
I know you know who I am talking about. He just isn't important enough for me to recall his name. It was about 1998, he lost a British TV contract due to his appearance. He was a media whore, perhaps I would be betraying myself to look his name up. He did write books. From what I recall he was most famous for saying he wanted his dying filmed so no one could claim he saw God the last moment. Honestly big whippie! I am guessing he died never uttering the last words. "I see the light." If you want to claim I made a mockery of his death, I strongly disagree and say he made it a mockery. there are other dead people I would say were media whores. Can't call it, if I was a celebrity, maybe I would be one. I do doubt it though.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>are you still hanging around with your jealousy and hate of T-Town Clown and his friend Robert? It's not our fault you were born an uncoordinated loser! Have you learned how to walk and chew gum at the same time yet? No? Well, don't give up ... there is hope for dumb dumbs! Hey, word had it, you were devoured by a $#!+ eating' dog! How did you escape that beast? Oh, you sprayed yourself with a can of Febreze! Rats, I guess there has to be some disappointment in life to good people.
Cut that out he's reporting people. But he does pride himself in being monkey like.... My bad you posted this as a compliment. I was thinking of how I would receive it. I am sure he does not have the strength of a monkey, nor the speed. Doubt he could hang upside down on a tree.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>the smart people are Christians!! the dumb are atheist...
Nope...it doesn't work that way.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
no offence at all,dude,I know soul is just something religious hope for due to their fear of death,
IF there was souls,we should be able to comunicate with dead,so can you?
now consider what living for eternity would be like,kissing Jebus ahole every day,only a DumbClown would dig that LLL
There is a fundamentalist version of Christianity as there are Atheist and atheist. The online crowd acts as Fundie Christians are the majority, and that is so far from the truth

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
IF the Perfect One couldnt keep up,it would NOT be PERFECT now would it!
you simpletons are quite amusing LLL
carry on
It's not all ways perfect to keep up. The non souled atheist do have a purpose. I suggest the dying down of The Human Race. He may see us as the bullies that will pollute The Universe as we do Earth. We may die off, but we will be replaced.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>I find everyday to be a miracle. The human race. Our souls get to act out in this animal form. I all ways come back. For reasons, souls now seek simpler forms. Different breakdowns for different reasons. You could see this conversation is meant for a different message tread. If you want to point it out to me I'll go more into details. After posting with Atheist for about 15 years now, on and off. I am sorry, but they just are not honest enough for such a conversation. I also don't know if you could talk personal beliefs without coming across as condescending. We are really the silent majority. As in most people do remain their religion even after tuning their beliefs to their personal preferences. I really don't care if anyone but me, sees things just the way I do. Online Atheist are the opposite.
It doesn't bother me if people don't see things just as I do either...I made my choices based on my research, and my feelings...I find it difficult when people argue, especially when the arguments cannot be won for either side. I just wish people could have there own personal beliefs and still be able to function in a society that doesn't require every belief to fight to be dominant...if that makes sense. My boyfriend has told me several times that I'm more of an agnostic than an atheist. I always try to be honest when giving my opinions...I like the conversations better. I often wonder if everyone on these forums are honest and if they speak the same offline as they do online to people. It's really frightening, and quite sad sometimes to think that this is who they really are and how they really feel.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
really einstein?...who started your creator, which you fabricated with your delusions?.....matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed...fundamental law of physics...
Those are the deities I would choose to worship. The overall creator needs no followings. I posted something about that last night.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't bother me if people don't see things just as I do either...I made my choices based on my research, and my feelings...I find it difficult when people argue, especially when the arguments cannot be won for either side. I just wish people could have there own personal beliefs and still be able to function in a society that doesn't require every belief to fight to be dominant...if that makes sense. My boyfriend has told me several times that I'm more of an agnostic than an atheist. I always try to be honest when giving my opinions...I like the conversations better. I often wonder if everyone on these forums are honest and if they speak the same offline as they do online to people. It's really frightening, and quite sad sometimes to think that this is who they really are and how they really feel.
I may surprise you with this response, and you may find it too abrasive. I am an abrasive person. I do feel the way I post about things, and I am sure the Atheist here are consistent with how they interact. They are very quick to attack others. I think there are reasons they are the way they are. I think they are socially challenged. I see evidence of this. You can't chat it out with them. It's not just they do not believe in God, they don't take people's word for even routine statements. My abrasiveness and their lack of social skills all most all ways make for a harsh conversation. Ad yes, I do believe we all know ourselves. It's not that I use that as an attack.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>creation is enough for me...
... but not **proof**....

.... do you want some cheeze with your whine?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you know who I am talking about. He just isn't important enough for me to recall his name. It was about 1998, he lost a British TV contract due to his appearance. He was a media whore, perhaps I would be betraying myself to look his name up. He did write books. From what I recall he was most famous for saying he wanted his dying filmed so no one could claim he saw God the last moment. Honestly big whippie! I am guessing he died never uttering the last words. "I see the light." If you want to claim I made a mockery of his death, I strongly disagree and say he made it a mockery. there are other dead people I would say were media whores. Can't call it, if I was a celebrity, maybe I would be one. I do doubt it though.
Then I'll take this as you talking out of your azz. You have NO idea who you're talking about and what this person stood for, I do believe you're just making shit up, how dishonest and stupid of you. When intelligent people talk about someone, they supply not only their names, but what it is they stood for. You just like to hear yourself talk You don't think this person is worth looking up but you certainly think its worths rambling on and on about him/her. Don't you think thats a bit foolish and a complete waste of time?

Now tell us all about the God you worship who murders innocent little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Ready....set.........GO!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
There really is nothing to offer a rebuttal for. There are things you post I don't take serious enough to dispute.
Your continued admission of defeat is noted, and acknowledged.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
I would wager you post 20+ hours a week, about this topic,
Nope... barely an hour a day-- I type and read quite fast.

It's clear?

You can do neither.

Your jealousy is showing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,581 - 168,600 of223,961
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Mikko 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 4 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 5 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 6 hr Patrick 4
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 14 hr NightSerf 1
•••
•••