Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256063 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175772 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No seriously Bob there is a first thing you have to prove. Really, you can not figure out what that is. You must have the reading comprehension of an 8th grader at best.
It's been proven already. The present universe is uncaused.

No need of a creator at all.

Finis.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#175773 Aug 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
If man escapes human justice then there is no accountability to God.
Yes, I believe this, b/c I do not believe in deities. And it is a shame.
Nature assumes no accountability and accepts by the consent of silence the right of the strong to dominate the weak.
As I wrote above, evolution is not "might makes right." Social animals are accountable to their conspecifics - and the many will punish the immoral.

Chimpanzee troops are often dominated by an alpha male. If he's good at being alpha - not nasty and abusive - the females will support his dominance. If he is nasty and abusive, they won't, and other males will overthrow him, often through a violent beating, possibly leading to death.

In humans, our rule of law does not take its authority from deities, but from the consent of the many.
To rule over them, to enslave them for their own good as an act of mercy.
That's immoral.
Children in the USA are taught Darwinism in an atheistic environment.
I can't speak for other teachers, but I teach evolution as a tool to understand biology and I make sure my students know it does not speak to their religion - they're quite welcome to keep their religion, but it's important to understand how biological science works.
In nature the strong holds no accountability to the weak.
That's true outside of social animals, and certainly among insects.
Then take it up with them. It has historical precedent and is not popular now but that can change. The laws of Nature are consistent unlike the laws of man.
What are the "laws of nature"?
Bell curve says Blacks are inferior intellectually. That is the science you do not want to discuss.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelli...
Wow. I can't believe you wrote that. Do you subscribe to Social Darwinism?

It's a discredited, defunct science (i.e., it's no longer considered science, but political manipulation).

Please read the link you provided in total. You'll see where you're mistaken. If you can't fully understand it, I'll explain in detail how contemporary science views race. In brief:

- all human populations are equally evolved
- all human populations have equal capacity for intelligence
- IQ tests are biased and measure "cultural knowledge and performance" and not whatever intelligence is
- if you give whites an IQ test based on black culture, they do poorly
You have alpha males in primate groups. The strong dominate the weak. Alpha males mate with all females and leave other males out in some groups. It other groups inferior males perform sexual favors to superior males as a sign of submission.
I hope my above ex. of the chimpanzee further clears this up for you. Also:

- genetic tests show that beta males do most of the mating, not alpha males
- alpha males are too busy policing the entire group, beta males sneak off with the girls
- usually peripheral males perform sex acts w/themselves, not on the alpha male in Pan (chimps, not bonobos) and Gorilla. Same sex sexual behavior increases their social bonds - this allows peripheral males to work together, esp. if they attempt to overthrow the alpha
- sex in bonobos is various and usually used to promote social harmoney
You and by extension others said the Bible supports slavery and i asked two questions based on your premise. If the Bible supports slavery then why are the Israelites liberated from Egyptian slavery and why did Elisha help the widow liberate her children from debt slavery? I could ask more.That is select quoting Eph 6:5 is to be compared with 6:9 and taken within context along with historical setting.
Please ask more. Exodus is a metaphorical story. However, between us, you're the expert on the Bible. You'll have to tell me what this story means, please. Me telling you just doesn't make sense. And I'd love to hear how slavery was argued against.

Some stable somewhere

#175775 Aug 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting.
Not worth dignifying this sort of garbage with a response.
Just disgusting.
Oops.

Some stable somewhere

#175777 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>creation is enough for me...
When you go to the doctor the next time you're sick, demand only to be given earlth 20th century medicine. Tell them you don't believe in evolution, so the bacteria and viruses of today could not possibly have evolved resistances to our early antibiotics.

Some stable somewhere

#175779 Aug 28, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you are one of the nicest posters here,and smartest,too,,dont let the kristain psychos let you down,,ganbatte!
:)

You are very kind to say so - and I've enjoyed your posts.

Go Canada!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175780 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly why does the abortion issue come up? You really have issues with staying on topic.
Who said anything about ABORTION?

I was talking about your MONSTER god, who-- if he were real-- murders the WHOLE WORLD'S babies in one fell swoop.

The good old Noah's flood massacre--wherein the bible's monster-god murders ALL the babies in the world, just because he can.

But that's not the **only** time the bible's god is a baby-killer, nooooo!

There's the Egyptian baby-massacre too. And any number of similar incidents as written in the bible.

No... the Bible's god has MUCH BABY-KILLING to answer for!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175781 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not need ANYTHING. What does God need with a _____. You could fill that blank with any word. Honestly you should have figured that out on your own.
Yet your "god" requires constant ego stroking...

... or else he tortures you forever.

Hmmmm....

.... it appears your god is both a sadist and an egomaniac.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175782 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe any of this dumb lying post!
TRY AGAIN BOB
Let me dumb it down to your level:

Spending an **hour** in the same place as YOU?

Would be hellish.

Spending an INFINITE TIME with you? Would be infinitely worse.

Do you get it YET?

Heaven cannot POSSIBLY exist-- as long as the likes of YOU ARE IN IT.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175785 Aug 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Your god has two faces, one of them is you.
The other one is the devil. Atheists do not believe in your faces.
I don't care what atheist believe in... But I do believe they are dumb... but don't care

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175786 Aug 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me dumb it down to your level:
Spending an **hour** in the same place as YOU?
Would be hellish.
Spending an INFINITE TIME with you? Would be infinitely worse.
Do you get it YET?
Heaven cannot POSSIBLY exist-- as long as the likes of YOU ARE IN IT.
don;t worry about it Bob you won't be there... because that would make it hell

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175788 Aug 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
When you go to the doctor the next time you're sick, demand only to be given earlth 20th century medicine. Tell them you don't believe in evolution, so the bacteria and viruses of today could not possibly have evolved resistances to our early antibiotics.
I have a good Christian doc that knows evolution is a lie

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175790 Aug 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain to us all exactly how you know that your God does not need a starship. Prove that the God you believe in is NOT an individual from an ancient and advance race of extraterrestrials, and does in fact need a starship. I'll wait!!!
Don't tell me... you've been visited by alien creatures from the far side of the galaxy! Did you invite them in for dinner? LMAO!!! You're as goofy as the day is long! Surely you jest! The burden of proof is not on me! I believe in God because of my faith in God, and because of miracles that happened in my life. I could sit here for days quoting scriptures, but, it would be a waste of time, like talking to a brick wall. You already have your mind set on your religion of science or whatever, and your atheist ways. Absolutely nothing I could say would change your mind. God gifted us a book of life, and you don't believe that, so... go on with your trip down the path of conscience confusion and speculation. Have a nice trip! It's like jumping off the top of a skyscraper ... the fall won't hurt, but, that sudden stop is a killer.
You claim I've fallen for the biggest con the world has ever known? LMAO!!! Contrary to your beliefs ... you have fallen for the biggest con job in the history of mankind. Who is it you worship? Science, Lucifer, Intellects, yourself, Lost in the wilderness the Big Bang? LMAO!!! Specs of dust, and theoretical speculation in the vast cosmos! It doesn't really matter to me who you worship, or don't worship. That's your business! But, don't come on this thread claiming you know for a fact that there is no God. You're just showing your ignorance, because, you have NO FACTS! Now, enjoy your flight on spaceship Earth as you're being hurled through space faster than a speeding bullet. Science, are we going to fast? Maybe one of your space aliens can guide you through the vast universe! LMAO!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175791 Aug 28, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, ok...now have your cookies and milk, say your prayers and have mommy fondle you...
make sure you have a new diaper on ......bwhahahhahahahahah....
( I will call the National Academy of Science and tell them you consider them dumb...bwaahahahhahahahhaha).. ....92% of them don't believe in any gods...
if they don't believe in GOD! they are dumb

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#175792 Aug 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You claimed I was being emotional, but I am not the one using apostrophes.
2. Do you believe your deity is the source of all morality? Is your deity the only perfectly moral being?
You see, I cannot agree with you if you believe so. A perfectly moral being would not write "slavery is ok, don't beat the slave too much." It would write "under no conditions is slavery to be permitted. I expect better from you, my creations."
God can't help it, darling. You weren't around to school him in perfect morality.

It's all your fault. You were probably out getting drunk and laid instead of what you should have doing.

Shame on you!!! You let down the human race!!

You're right, it is immoral to keep slaves. You kill all of your enemies. Spare none. Wipe out their gene pool. Leave plenty of room for your own offspring.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#175793 Aug 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops.
I'd like to introduce Lightbeamrider to RiversideRedneck.

Perfect couple.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#175794 Aug 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to introduce Lightbeamrider to RiversideRedneck.
Perfect couple.
Your match making doesn't always work you know? After all Dave and Buck got a divorce. heheheh
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#175795 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Don't tell me... you've been visited by alien creatures from the far side of the galaxy! Did you invite them in for dinner? LMAO!!! You're as goofy as the day is long! Surely you jest! The burden of proof is not on me! I believe in God because of my faith in God, and because of miracles that happened in my life. I could sit here for days quoting scriptures, but, it would be a waste of time, like talking to a brick wall. You already have your mind set on your religion of science or whatever, and your atheist ways. Absolutely nothing I could say would change your mind. God gifted us a book of life, and you don't believe that, so... go on with your trip down the path of conscience confusion and speculation. Have a nice trip! It's like jumping off the top of a skyscraper ... the fall won't hurt, but, that sudden stop is a killer.
You claim I've fallen for the biggest con the world has ever known? LMAO!!! Contrary to your beliefs ... you have fallen for the biggest con job in the history of mankind. Who is it you worship? Science, Lucifer, Intellects, yourself, Lost in the wilderness the Big Bang? LMAO!!! Specs of dust, and theoretical speculation in the vast cosmos! It doesn't really matter to me who you worship, or don't worship. That's your business! But, don't come on this thread claiming you know for a fact that there is no God. You're just showing your ignorance, because, you have NO FACTS! Now, enjoy your flight on spaceship Earth as you're being hurled through space faster than a speeding bullet. Science, are we going to fast? Maybe one of your space aliens can guide you through the vast universe! LMAO!!!
You are living proof that CHILDREN SHOW BE SEEN AND NOT HEARD!!!! Off to bed little one. Be good or I'll tell you that scary story about the invisible monster who is always watching you.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#175796 Aug 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Do you often make up people and then trash them? You do know what kind of people make up imaginary people right? Yep thats right, THEISTS. So you are in Keeping with your delusional beliefs. Good for you.
He's referring to Christopher Hitchens.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#175797 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not need ANYTHING. What does God need with a _____. You could fill that blank with any word. Honestly you should have figured that out on your own.
Please explain to us all exactly how you know what or whatnot God needs. I've asked you to please PROVE that God does not need a starship as he could possible be part of an ancient and highly advanced extraterrestrial race and does indeed need a starship. Go for it!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#175798 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up, you can't prove it. Much better have tried. If you could prove it, and you didn't profit from it, than you really are lost.
"If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed".

You have ONCE again made an appeal to ignorance. Is comprehension some kind of a problem for you. A learning disability perhaps, or simply because you really are ignorant. Avoiding your responsibility is childish at best, so please support your claim that then Universe has a creator. Ask me one more time to prove that is doesn't means complete defeat on your part. Constantly making an appeal to ignorance really makes you look stupid, DO BETTER. So far you've failed twice, wanna go for three?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There are no such things as gods or fairies 5 min Amused 108
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Amused 16,198
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min It aint necessari... 40,739
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 19 min Eagle 12 3,768
Good arguments against Christianity 22 min Eagle 12 103
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 27 min Eagle 12 4,690
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 29 min Eagle 12 25
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 31 min Thinking 20,619
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 32 min Eagle 12 270
More from around the web