Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175573 Aug 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of reasons, actually:
- it's good to promote critical thinking
- atheists awash in Christian families need to know there are other atheists around and doing well
- haven't seen a good argument against atheism ever. Not in theology, not on these rather poor forums, not in debate
I mean, the best you seem to have is "prove atheism!" But that's not an argument, that's just you shouting.
I disagree with you AND I have talked to atheist that agree. It is the online Atheist that ruin this conversation. With their lack of believe in what they are told which is just common conversation. This topic here is your turn after many shots at others. To prove yourselves. I am sorry but that cannot be done period.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175574 Aug 26, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Praying is the same thing as doing absolutely nothing
get off the Kool-Aid canoe Mikko you don't know that!!! you can't go by that time you prayed to GOD to change your looks!!!

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175575 Aug 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Listen numb nuts, Clownie the Anointed doesn't hate you brainless heathens. He just feels extremely sorry for you losers, and points out your ignorant ways of continuously staying losers. Clownie actually feels great pity for you intellectually challenged twits. It's amazing how you continue to show your supreme stupidity. God put yours truly here on Topix for a reason. To show others who are lost and confused, that there is a chance to end up in Heaven, if you choose the right path in life, and not wander down the broad highway to stupidity that you atheistic morons are on. To God fearing people, God does things in mysterious ways. God has a purpose to what He does. He's not some drifty heathen like you lifeless morons, who are taking up space on planet Earth, that should had by someone with a righteous direction in their life, and who believes in God. To show you proof that God does things in mysterious ways ... He allows you atheist losers to wander about the planet making complete asses out of yourselves. LMAO!!! Well, it does show that God has a tremendous sense of humor. FACT!!!
Awesome blog, may we have a church lady superior dance?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175576 Aug 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>All of the following are directly connected to Atheism:
1.) Reason
2.) Logic
3.) Skepticism
Now are these not excellent traits?
And here are the traits directly connected to Theism
1.) Credulity
2.) Gullibility
3.) Wish thinking
4.) Willful ignorance (usually involves evolution)
5.) Faith (accepting things without good reason)
6.) Irrational
7.) Intolerant
8.) Misogynistic
9.) Cult mentality
10.) Divisiveness
How many of these traits do you consider admirable?
Now do you see why spreading Atheism is so important....no I didn't think you would, how foolish of me to expect a rationale response!!!
Could you keep it real. You die, you are worm meat. There are no parties worth going to. I could just imagine you'll share stories and conclude everyone is lying. The trust in marriage must be something.

It just sucks. Even if you were correct, who'd really want it. A bunch of online blow hards. Your post is funny. There is no morals and nothing noble about it. That jerkoff entertainer from England that was suppose to go on TV but got too fat and ugly from drinking, even told the world this prior to passing. Who cares if he could see God, or admit it. Spreading Atheism is for jerkoffs, because... it does suck. OK worm meat now continue on.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175577 Aug 26, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you can move to Russia it's taken over by Christianity and soon the death camps will be built in siberia for people that the church do not like
More Atheist Mythology.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175578 Aug 26, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a rational response:
What can be said of atheism?
Well Karl Marx wrote that religion is the opium of the masses. And what did Marxism spawn? The atheistic states of communism. The Soviet Union with good old Joseph Stalin at the helm produced a genocidal legacy of 20 million people across Asia and Eastern Europe and that's not counting the casualties incurred by the Soviet Army in World War II.
http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-people-did-jo...
Then we can look at Mao Tse Tung who surpassed genocide and made it to democide by being responsible for the deaths of nearly 45 million people. Mao was a deeply committed follower of Marxism.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainme...
Oh yeah then there's also Pol Pot. He was also a Marxist and killed 2 million.
Adolf Hitler was born of a Roman Catholic mother and an alcoholic abusive father. Hitler killed 11 million, some of whom were Christian. Hitler actually wanted to replace worship of Jesus Christ with Nazism. And his extermination of Jews was based upon race, not religion, although he did try to use religion as a propaganda tool.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...
And because I know you'll bring up the Crusades and Inquisition and Salem Witch trials as a rebuttal, I'll sweep the legs out from underneath that right now, with pleasure of course.:)
The Salem witch trials killed 19 people and was actually brought to a stop by a Christian who recognized the wrongful deeds of others, and held them accountable for their actions.
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...
The Inquisitions killed between 800-20,000 people over 400 years.
http://www.medievality.com/spanish-inquisitio...
And the Crusades killed many thousands but was largely a battle for control within Christianity. In all of these cases there was tremendous and inexcusable loss of life, and no one can claim their side was innocent. But let's not get carried away and claim atheism is as intelligent and cultured as you make it out to be. Far from it.
Here we go. They will deny the most obvious truth, then ask you to prove thoughts you put on paper. It is the most ridiculous combination I have ever read. They are delusional. It is just as clear as the nose on most living people's face, Atheism sucks.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#175579 Aug 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't take much to get you into irrational mode. You are actually self starting in that.

Was that the post where I played a fundie? Using Bible God as an example?

I am much more machine oriented than you. Where you think you are hot shit, I just see you as shit like the rest of us, put to some purpose beyond our understanding.

Your limited mind doesn't allow you to put yourself into that kind of perspective. Remember my car and headlight analogies I laid on you before?

You are not existing in a void. You can influence what does, but the sum of it is much more than you can do anything about. You have 7 billion people right now that are intelligent creatures. You aren't even a face in that crowd. You need to understand that. That is also a huge amount of intelligent force at work in this universe, of which you are a microscopic portion, working together. For the most part. Why do you figure it is the only intelligent force in this universe?

You didn't invent the horn, nor did you make it. You just play it. Welcome to existence. Take a number. Follow the yellow line. We will call you.

You are living in a very small pond. You overestimate what you are.

You need to get your ego under control, because there is just no rational discourse with you unless you can. Going off on tangents just so you can have a rant doesn't work. Outside YOUR mind.
Your humility is overwhelming.

You trying to give DF a run for his money?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#175580 Aug 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Dave Nelson: Human depressant.
Davey Downer.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#175581 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>When did atheists become so teeth-gratingly annoying?

Surely non-believers in God weren't always the colossal pains in the collective backside that they are today? Surely there was a time when you could say to someone "I am an atheist" without them instantly assuming you were a smug, self-righteous loather of dumb hicks given to making pseudo-clever statements like, "Well, Leviticus also frowns upon having unkempt hair, did you know that?" Things are now so bad that I tend to keep my atheism to myself, and instead mumble something about being a very lapsed Catholic if I'm put on the spot, for fear that uttering the A-word will make people think I'm a Dawkins drone with a mammoth superiority complex and a hives-like allergy to nurses wearing crucifixes.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/brendanonei...
Yeah.

And Christians are always so polite and accepting if us when we DO dare to state our atheism.

Right?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#175582 Aug 26, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
One argument against 'spreading' atheism could be if the person in question is overbearing and obnoxious on the topic. But, then that would have more to do with the person than the message.
You could apply your above comment to any annoying person, then.

:p

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#175583 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupidity alone makes me doubt evolution.
hahaha!

variation in the species!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#175584 Aug 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you AND I have talked to atheist that agree. It is the online Atheist that ruin this conversation. With their lack of believe in what they are told which is just common conversation. This topic here is your turn after many shots at others. To prove yourselves. I am sorry but that cannot be done period.
Are you drunk? Can you restate that coherently, with some kind of point?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#175585 Aug 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you keep it real. You die, you are worm meat. There are no parties worth going to. I could just imagine you'll share stories and conclude everyone is lying. The trust in marriage must be something.
Now you are getting it. Make your life worth living today.
It just sucks. Even if you were correct, who'd really want it.
So your belief is based on the fact that you cannot handle reality? That's quite infantile.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#175586 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:

Surely non-believers in God weren't always the colossal pains in the collective backside that they are today? Surely there was a time when you could say to someone "I am an atheist" without them instantly assuming you were a smug, self-righteous loather of dumb hicks given to making pseudo-clever statements like, "Well, Leviticus also frowns upon having unkempt hair, did you know that?" Things are now so bad that I tend to keep my atheism to myself, and instead mumble something about being a very lapsed Catholic if I'm put on the spot, for fear that uttering the A-word will make people think I'm a Dawkins drone with a mammoth superiority complex and a hives-like allergy to nurses wearing crucifixes.

Yeah.

And Christians are always so polite and accepting of us when we DO dare to state our atheism.

Right?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#175587 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:

Well, I skimmed that blog, and I can tell you outright, that I am still fairly afraid to state my atheism for fear of the repercussions from people that I generally like and get along with.

But when somebody tells me the earth is 6000 years old, I WILL tell then, in no uncertain terms, that they are wrong.

And when they tell me that god abhors homosexuals, may then tell them that their bible lies.

Does that make me smug?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#175588 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>... as is posting atheist posts ?
If you don't like discussing religion vs. atheism, what are you doing here?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#175589 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>... as is posting atheist posts ?
Not really...you can get a response from an atheist post.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#175590 Aug 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>Your statements are just idiotic. 1 I do agree with him and many others. 2 For the Lord only knows how many time. This tread you have the burden of proof. 3 I admit I am a person of faith. You are so backwards you ask for prove after this admission, you are the one that needs to prove. 4 Don't even waste your time. I am sorry but you could hold Mr Hawking jock strap, not to mention many others that just concede. 5. If I did do the impossible. You would completely deny it. I have all the prove I need. There is a God.
You have the proof you need for you, and that is great, but there are other people who need more proof than you have.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#175591 Aug 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume a lot.
I won't dwell on this anymore. Everyone will have their own personal experience when the time comes. I have not preached any religion to follow. I have tried to present it as something to consider in your plans for the future, the possibility your inner being will just poof out may not be correct. Read your books and make your own decisions. It is not up to me to really give a shit what you do in the end. Was my personal experience I threw up for others to look at. Just a normal human thing to do.
But I will not refrain from helping Topix atheists look stupid, antisocial, and/or nutcases. It has its pleasurable aspects. I'm only human. For the time being. I wish to enjoy it for the rest of this term.:-)
No, you don't preach it as an option. You shout it out like those street preachers who keep on yelling long after the crowd has moved on.

You went through the typical NDA, what flourishing touches your grandiose ego added are but minor subjective details. Oh, and did you know that the people who've done "serious" studies on this have also noticed how the stories grow longer and more detailed as time passes? Much like.......yours.

I couldn't help but notice how your posts keep contradicting themselves, you've been everywhere and done everything and ALL at the same time, whew! You're a regular Jack the Giant Killer, aren't you? Lolol....I love compulsive liars, they're never smart enough to keep track of all the BS they brag about and keep tripping over their own fat mouths....so much for 'the dave' ;0)

Dismissed sonny boy.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175592 Aug 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You managed to twist and distort what I posted so much there is no place I can enter to respond.
Get a dementia exam. You are that age.
Excellent dodge, you're really good at that. How convenient for you that you now don't have to respond to your foolishness. But I'm not letting you off the hook that easily. Please for me and those rereading this, point out exactly were I twisted and distorted what you wrote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 1 hr JIN 36
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Thinking 22,989
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 1 hr Thinking 2
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Thinking 1,037
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE