Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,424)

Showing posts 168,461 - 168,480 of217,916
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me there I did mean Hawking,
More proof you are just a liar.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the one trying to spread a negative belief. Face it there is ZERO reasons to promote Atheism
I agree.

That is why I do not promote it.

Atheism is what is left-- after your STOP TELLING RELIGIOUS LIES to yourself.

That's it.

I do intend to keep fighting your LIARS to keep you from passing more UGLY HATE-LAWS BASE ON YOUR LIES.

Yeah.. I'm shouting. You appear too dimwitted to pay attention otherwise...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
I'll get back to this you are competing with mountain Men
Is that some sort of godbot indoctrination program?

The one you must watch over and over to reinforce the lies you must tell yourself?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Listen numb nuts, Clownie the Anointed doesn't hate you brainless heathens. He just feels extremely sorry for you losers, and points out your ignorant ways of continuously staying losers. Clownie actually feels great pity for you intellectually challenged twits. It's amazing how you continue to show your supreme stupidity. God put yours truly here on Topix for a reason. To show others who are lost and confused, that there is a chance to end up in Heaven, if you choose the right path in life, and not wander down the broad highway to stupidity that you atheistic morons are on. To God fearing people, God does things in mysterious ways. God has a purpose to what He does. He's not some drifty heathen like you lifeless morons, who are taking up space on planet Earth, that should had by someone with a righteous direction in their life, and who believes in God. To show you proof that God does things in mysterious ways ... He allows you atheist losers to wander about the planet making complete asses out of yourselves. LMAO!!! Well, it does show that God has a tremendous sense of humor. FACT!!!
I'm sorry little one, but no adult conversations with children. Off to bed now!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"try to stay educated"
"what do you do to limit being wrong?"
I observe, discern, and learn.
As indicated by your statement, you are happy with letting others tell you what is and what isn't for conversational purposes.
That means I learned by hard knocks and you are a shallow, topical as*hole. Other than your immediate personal passions, you exert no effort to learn more about your existence than reading a book someone wrote about it.
There is only ONE pathway to truth, and that is science. I'm not a scientist, so the only option I have is to listen to, or read what those who are informed have to say. If one wants to know about neurosurgery, then one must study, which usually means reading, about the subject. If. lets say you were interested in composition, yeah I know very far fetched, but if you were, how would you go about learning to compose? Or boat building, or anything else you're not familiar with. Would you not get a pile of books by well know authors on the subject and read your ass off?

Yes I'm happy to let cosmologists tell me about the universe, because I know they have had their work subjected to peer review and countless attempts at falsification. I suppose you go out and gaze at the night sky and make up shit about the universe, is this how to gather knowledge. How does one like you use "hard knocks" to learn about the universe? Am I to understand you have NO books on your bookshelves? Possibly you have no need for bookshelves, sad in deed!!!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
have you stopped sucking dadys d i ck and eating s h yt ,Chunky boy?
getting to you huh ???????? LMAO

I got your chunky boy hanging

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry little one, but no adult conversations with children. Off to bed now!!!
you're sad... fact

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There is only ONE pathway to truth, and that is science. I'm not a scientist, so the only option I have is to listen to, or read what those who are informed have to say. If one wants to know about neurosurgery, then one must study, which usually means reading, about the subject. If. lets say you were interested in composition, yeah I know very far fetched, but if you were, how would you go about learning to compose? Or boat building, or anything else you're not familiar with. Would you not get a pile of books by well know authors on the subject and read your ass off?
Yes I'm happy to let cosmologists tell me about the universe, because I know they have had their work subjected to peer review and countless attempts at falsification. I suppose you go out and gaze at the night sky and make up shit about the universe, is this how to gather knowledge. How does one like you use "hard knocks" to learn about the universe? Am I to understand you have NO books on your bookshelves? Possibly you have no need for bookshelves, sad in deed!!!
your god science can't even get the weather right

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There is only ONE pathway to truth, and that is science. I'm not a scientist, so the only option I have is to listen to, or read what those who are informed have to say. If one wants to know about neurosurgery, then one must study, which usually means reading, about the subject. If. lets say you were interested in composition, yeah I know very far fetched, but if you were, how would you go about learning to compose? Or boat building, or anything else you're not familiar with. Would you not get a pile of books by well know authors on the subject and read your ass off?
The sky is a blur to me.

Still have some books for decoration. Read a couple of libraries worth years ago. Then I went out and learned.

"I'm not a scientist, so the only option I have is to listen to, or read what those who are informed have to say."

You are also not a theologian.

Read some books about it, or listen to some.

Dumb ass.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The sky is a blur to me.
Still have some books for decoration. Read a couple of libraries worth years ago. Then I went out and learned.
"I'm not a scientist, so the only option I have is to listen to, or read what those who are informed have to say."
You are also not a theologian.
Read some books about it, or listen to some.
Dumb ass.
Theology, the study of what can only be imagined? In order to study theology, one must first accept the premiss that a God exits. I can accept no premiss on its own, I need.....yeah you know......evidence.

Oh, I have listened to many theologians, love to watch them get their asses handed to them in debates with Atheists. William Lane Craig, Lee Stroble, Ray Comfort ( the banana man) And a whole slew of others, they all start with a preconceived notion, and build their position on that preconception. Not a very intelligent way to go into a debate. Their most humorous moments are when they get stymied and resort to scriptures and verses fro the bible, its at that point that they are destroyed. Hard to argue that it's the "good book" when slavery, rape, genocide, infanticide, and blood sacrifice are in the forefront.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't read what I posted. Then you go into a rant.
Must be your horn tooting experience.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't read what I posted.
Let me sum it up.

Blah, blah, blah..stupid stuff.

Blah, stupid things, blah

More stupid stuff and EM.

Strings, magnets and STRING THINGIES or something like that.

Oh no, I've hit 4000 charac

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Let me sum it up.
Blah, blah, blah..stupid stuff.
Blah, stupid things, blah
More stupid stuff and EM.
Strings, magnets and STRING THINGIES or something like that.
Oh no, I've hit 4000 charac
LOL!

Brilliant sarcasm.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Indoors it's tiny and underground, and if you want to sit in the dining area you walk through the kitchen and enjoy the aroma of seafood. Great people too. I always eat at Salty Dog at least once when I travel to Boston. I also head up to Little Italy for more great food, near the Paul Revere house.
I believe that the Union Oyster House is the longest continuing restaurant operation in he U.S. I always hope for a seat at the oyster bar.
Great town Great food. have you tried Jacob Wirths? The wiener schnitzel is served on a bed of spatzle, out of this world. The schnitzel is finely breaded and seasoned just right, and extremely tended. Great selection of foreign beers, and the soft hot pretzels with the hot mustard sauce is wonderful. Ok, now I'm hungry!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't read what I posted. Then you go into a rant.
Must be your horn tooting experience.
Oh I read it alright, you claim to know a lot about God. You said "second guessing that God" meaning you know exactly what he is thinking.

The..."God realized he made junk." Again knowing what God is thinking.

"When he let them breed and create various copies." You now know that God had a choice, let them breed or now, so again you know what he is thinking.

"His way of recycling" You know this how???

"One reason Jesus was sent wit a message." So you know God sent Jesus, and that he had a message, again you know factual information about God. How is it you know all this, yet can't define exactly what he is?

Finally..."unless you make a call" You know that a call to God is possible?...Really, how do you know it is possible? How do you know if you have reached God? Will he answer? And don't give that shit about "You'll know when God answers your call"
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me there I did mean Hawking, and he did say that. I ad Atheism sucks. there is no reason to spread it and you are the moron for turning it into a religion.
Religion....."The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, a personal God." Now be so kind as to show us all what "superhuman controlling power" We Atheist *worship* Now don't you feel stupid?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Religion....."The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, a personal God." Now be so kind as to show us all what "superhuman controlling power" We Atheist *worship* Now don't you feel stupid?
There is no question he is stupid.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the one trying to spread a negative belief. Face it there is ZERO reasons to promote Atheism
Lots of reasons, actually:

- it's good to promote critical thinking
- atheists awash in Christian families need to know there are other atheists around and doing well
- haven't seen a good argument against atheism ever. Not in theology, not on these rather poor forums, not in debate

I mean, the best you seem to have is "prove atheism!" But that's not an argument, that's just you shouting.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the following are directly connected to Atheism:
1.) Reason
2.) Logic
3.) Skepticism
Now are these not excellent traits?
And here are the traits directly connected to Theism
1.) Credulity
2.) Gullibility
3.) Wish thinking
4.) Willful ignorance (usually involves evolution)
5.) Faith (accepting things without good reason)
6.) Irrational
7.) Intolerant
8.) Misogynistic
9.) Cult mentality
10.) Divisiveness
How many of these traits do you consider admirable?

Now do you see why spreading Atheism is so important....no I didn't think you would, how foolish of me to expect a rationale response!!!

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"try to stay educated"
"what do you do to limit being wrong?"
I observe, discern, and learn.
and project.
You forgot project! You project. It's true.
Don't forget~

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I read it alright, you claim to know a lot about God. You said "second guessing that God" meaning you know exactly what he is thinking.
The..."God realized he made junk." Again knowing what God is thinking.
"When he let them breed and create various copies." You now know that God had a choice, let them breed or now, so again you know what he is thinking.
"His way of recycling" You know this how???
"One reason Jesus was sent wit a message." So you know God sent Jesus, and that he had a message, again you know factual information about God. How is it you know all this, yet can't define exactly what he is?
Finally..."unless you make a call" You know that a call to God is possible?...Really, how do you know it is possible? How do you know if you have reached God? Will he answer? And don't give that shit about "You'll know when God answers your call"
Doesn't take much to get you into irrational mode. You are actually self starting in that.

Was that the post where I played a fundie? Using Bible God as an example?

I am much more machine oriented than you. Where you think you are hot shit, I just see you as shit like the rest of us, put to some purpose beyond our understanding.

Your limited mind doesn't allow you to put yourself into that kind of perspective. Remember my car and headlight analogies I laid on you before?

You are not existing in a void. You can influence what does, but the sum of it is much more than you can do anything about. You have 7 billion people right now that are intelligent creatures. You aren't even a face in that crowd. You need to understand that. That is also a huge amount of intelligent force at work in this universe, of which you are a microscopic portion, working together. For the most part. Why do you figure it is the only intelligent force in this universe?

You didn't invent the horn, nor did you make it. You just play it. Welcome to existence. Take a number. Follow the yellow line. We will call you.

You are living in a very small pond. You overestimate what you are.

You need to get your ego under control, because there is just no rational discourse with you unless you can. Going off on tangents just so you can have a rant doesn't work. Outside YOUR mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,461 - 168,480 of217,916
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••