Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
LCNlin

United States

#175433 Aug 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't have a death experience.
Although your posts appear to be from a state of brain death, the fact that you are able to make them proves that you did not have a death experience.
Sheesh. I shouldn't have to explain this stuff to you.
Or anybody.
Your opinion
or
do you have documentation?
Have a Nice Day
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175434 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
This was in Joliet, IL and he was a team member of an Army unit I was in. We worked together the next day and about 4 months more, and on equipment we could have just accidentally dropped and done serious or worse damage on each other. We were not buddies, but made efforts to avoid similar incidents.
It was a nice lounge. The absolute favorite of any I have been in. A fun place. Except for a Boston bred idiot tough guy that almost got me sent to prison. I was going to kill him for that. Absolute murderous rage while drunk. He put a full hard shot from my side to the temple and I saw stars, but did not miss a beat in reacting. Knocked me leaning over the bar, I grabbed a glass, broke it, and swung before he could even react. I'm good at that. I was the strongest and fastest 135 pounder you ever saw. Very work hardened. Pure God's work having those guys stop that swing. Made me feel bad. I apologized to my absolute favorite bar maid for breaking the glass and spilling stuff all over. Oh, Fran. I would have gotten a divorce and married her. Although she almost got me killed in there later with a group of large and rough surveyors from Wisconsin who were getting a little too drunk and rowdy. I was her protector, and she told them that. But I stayed until things settled down. Loved that woman.
Before that place, my favorites were the lowest dives in town. I changed my ways.
I never got that drunk or let myself get in that kind of position again.
I'm still pissed and that was almost 40 years ago.
But I have mellowed a bunch since my younger days.
Boston as*holes.
Again you opened your mouth and your ignorance did spew forth. You must have trained very hard to be so good at it.
I worked in some tough places, one night coming out of a joint in the combat zone I was jumped by 5 high steel workers, didn't like the way I was looking at one of their girlfriends. Fortunately my undercover CIA operative training surfaced and when the dust had cleared, 3 had broken arms and two with fractured jaws. Two cops showed up and tried to cuff me, I left them both unconscious on the ground. I decided to test my strength and so they couldn't follow, I lifted the cruiser on its side, then flipped it over on the roof. Went home, had a scotch, and went to bed. BTW, are you sure you're not Buck Crick posting under another name!!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175435 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
All we have of your talents and intellectual prowess is what you tell us you have.
Does that make us even?
Boston as*hole.
The difference being I have CD recordings of my work, and a book that has been published. I have a very lengthy discography, and all can be verified. Should I post any of them I'm sure I'd open up myself to ridicule, especially from you since the finer aspect of music seemed to have evaded you, but....do some research on a CD by a female vocalist named Amanda Carr. The CD is titled COMMON THREAD, see who wrote 4 of the arrangements and who the musical director is.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175436 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not childish we all know Boston Sucks. Could you pick a less optimistic belief, than atheism. You're drawn to what....
Your child like response is exactly what I might expect of someone with delusional beliefs. I asked what kind of problem you had with Boston, and you respond with "Boston sucks." Excellent!!!!

I also asked what possible connection there could possible be between the environment and a belief in God. No answer from you on that, probably because you suddenly realize how stupid the comment was.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175437 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
It would be neat to have a forum called Lessons I have learned in Life. Could come up with some interesting things. If everyone was honest about it.
That ain't gonna work.
But I would start it out about what some things I have learned about women.
First, they are extremely adaptable, creative, and clever peoples. Nothing can touch them for that. They can do anything.
An example, I have been hustled a 1000 ways by women, each different. Get all prepared for one to avoid it, and they shift into something different. They can be as dumb as cows and still pull a hustle. Never fails. 1000 ways, and I know there are at least 3 billion more that can still do it no matter how hard I try to short circuit it.
I have a healthy respect for what women can do.
If you've been hustled that many times by women it simply means you have made terrible choices in your selections. Kind of the same way you make bad choices in drinking holes. To make matters even worse, you were not smart enough to recognize the hustle in the first place. Bad choices, unable to detect dishonesty, no wonder you had such a crazy life. Sucks to be you!!!!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#175438 Aug 25, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion
or
do you have documentation?
Have a Nice Day
Says the evidenceless creationist prick

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175439 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your child like response is exactly what I might expect of someone with delusional beliefs. I asked what kind of problem you had with Boston, and you respond with "Boston sucks." Excellent!!!!
I also asked what possible connection there could possible be between the environment and a belief in God. No answer from you on that, probably because you suddenly realize how stupid the comment was.
50,000 + people at Yankees Stadium every night can't be wrong, Boston Sucks. It's a mini me for NYC. Right where a pin head like you belongs. Environment, Belief. REALLY! Surroundings, state of mind. In nature, I do find and see God. You don't. I respect you know yourself. You of course being a negative person. You don't believe others. Your thoughts do reflect more upon yourself than those you think about. Unless you have a solid fact like even with the 1st to 5th highest pay roll in baseball, you're still barely over .500 in the last 5 years. It is save to say Boston Sucks.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#175440 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The difference being I have CD recordings of my work, and a book that has been published. I have a very lengthy discography, and all can be verified. Should I post any of them I'm sure I'd open up myself to ridicule, especially from you since the finer aspect of music seemed to have evaded you, but....do some research on a CD by a female vocalist named Amanda Carr. The CD is titled COMMON THREAD, see who wrote 4 of the arrangements and who the musical director is.
Took some digging.

Never heard of you,

You look like that Boston as*hole, even with the same wiseass look in the eyes and pudgy face.

Not much else on the net. But I'm sure you are very well known within some circles in Boston. Maybe a town in Mass, is named for your or your family? Or you let them think that?

I think you smoked too much dope over the years.

Keep in contact with your audience at the park. Drop some peanuts every so often so they keep coming back. Never know when you will feel like giving a concert. Just avoid doing so on days when Buckethead or equivalent talent is playing in town.

Location hidden

#175441 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I worked in some tough places, one night coming out of a joint in the combat zone I was jumped by 5 high steel workers, didn't like the way I was looking at one of their girlfriends. Fortunately my undercover CIA operative training surfaced and when the dust had cleared, 3 had broken arms and two with fractured jaws. Two cops showed up and tried to cuff me, I left them both unconscious on the ground. I decided to test my strength and so they couldn't follow, I lifted the cruiser on its side, then flipped it over on the roof. Went home, had a scotch, and went to bed. BTW, are you sure you're not Buck Crick posting under another name!!!!
:-)

My story was true.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175442 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
50,000 + people at Yankees Stadium every night can't be wrong, Boston Sucks. It's a mini me for NYC. Right where a pin head like you belongs. Environment, Belief. REALLY! Surroundings, state of mind. In nature, I do find and see God. You don't. I respect you know yourself. You of course being a negative person. You don't believe others. Your thoughts do reflect more upon yourself than those you think about. Unless you have a solid fact like even with the 1st to 5th highest pay roll in baseball, you're still barely over .500 in the last 5 years. It is save to say Boston Sucks.
Boston hates the Yankees because they have always been their bitch.... this is coming from a Cubs fan... hell everybody knows it...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#175443 Aug 25, 2013
albtraum wrote:
Whether or not a person feels superior or humble has nothing to do with any of the above. There's always someone higher on the ladder to success and always somebody lower.
Grow some perspective, please.
There is also more than one ladder.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175444 Aug 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the evidenceless creationist prick
There is tons of evidence you're just to dumb to see it or believe it... I see no evidence that would make not believe in creation

OPEN YOUR EYES DUMB @$$

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175445 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your child like response is exactly what I might expect of someone with delusional beliefs. I asked what kind of problem you had with Boston, and you respond with "Boston sucks." Excellent!!!!
Bro. Clownie actually feels great pity for you intellectually challenged twits. It's amazing how you continue to show your supreme stupidity. YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD, remember? So, how would you of all people know what the Almighty would do. God put yours truly here on Topix for a reason. To show others who are lost and confused, that there is a chance to end up in Heaven, if you choose the right path in life, and not wander down the broad highway to stupidity that you atheistic morons are on. To God fearing people, God does things in mysterious ways. God has a purpose to what He does. He's not some drifty heathen like you lifeless morons, who are taking up space on planet Earth, that should had by someone with a righteous direction in their life, and who believes in God. To show you proof that God does things in mysterious ways ... He allows you atheist losers to wander about the planet making complete asses out of yourselves. LMAO!!! Well, it does show that God has a tremendous sense of humor. FACT!!!

Location hidden

#175446 Aug 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>There is tons of evidence you're just to dumb to see it or believe it... I see no evidence that would make not believe in creation
OPEN YOUR EYES DUMB @$$
When you're brave enough to prove your god instead of lying to us, you will cease to look so stupid.

I seriously can't believe that a clown is here trying to convert atheists to creationism with the weakest lie on the planet.

Location hidden

#175447 Aug 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Bro. Clownie actually feels great pity for you intellectually challenged twits. It's amazing how you continue to show your supreme stupidity. YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD, remember? So, how would you of all people know what the Almighty would do. God put yours truly here on Topix for a reason. To show others who are lost and confused, that there is a chance to end up in Heaven, if you choose the right path in life, and not wander down the broad highway to stupidity that you atheistic morons are on. To God fearing people, God does things in mysterious ways. God has a purpose to what He does. He's not some drifty heathen like you lifeless morons, who are taking up space on planet Earth, that should had by someone with a righteous direction in their life, and who believes in God. To show you proof that God does things in mysterious ways ... He allows you atheist losers to wander about the planet making complete asses out of yourselves. LMAO!!! Well, it does show that God has a tremendous sense of humor. FACT!!!
Its because you're a coward that you cannot follow logical convention and prove your god without doubt.

Thats why you have to shout and insult atheists all the time - to cover for your lack of evidence or moral thought patterns that the rest of us already have.

When we want to follow a ridiculous 2005 failed cult run by a bunch of ignorant savage creationist scum we will give the clown a call.

Go back to your tax dodging discovery institute tent and tell them the party's over.

Location hidden

#175448 Aug 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is also more than one ladder.
?

Whoa ho ho!

Are you saying the "uneducated" can be right?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#175449 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Whoa ho ho!
Are you saying the "uneducated" can be right?
Even a blind pig finds an acorn sometimes.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#175450 Aug 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
Even a blind pig finds an acorn sometimes.
That's a blind squirrel there, Einstein.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175451 Aug 25, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, but he has no counter-argument much less a valid point. Much like a child on a playground who thinks taunts are a sufficient answer. Tsk, tsk ;0)
Indeed... on the other hand?

His idiotic posts **do** inspire genius from such as Polymath-- which I read and typically find I learn something **new**..

That's always welcome.

So, it's not so much "out of the mouths of babes" as it is "when babies whine, sometimes you can learn something new".

<laughing>

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175452 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob you could have stopped with "that is not an argument" Bob I am not going to waste my time arguing with you.
Of course! You haven't argued a single point YET.

You are 100% incapable of doing so-- you do not even TRY.

You just whine about how "mistreated" you are and then you go on to call people filthy names and demonstrate your ugly hate for everyone.

It's what you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 33 min Liam R 1,047
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 5 hr Friend of all 14,455
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 9 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 10 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 10 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 21 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed Richardfs 1,423

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE