Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#171762 Jul 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Bozo number two
Creationists love sock puppets - when they've sufficiently embarassed a username, along comes another one.

Notice how Lincoln has f*cked off exactly as predicted after 2 weeks, same as dollar bills & educated wh*t.

They need to get the message everytime they come back again, that this troll sh*t will not be tolerated.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171763 Jul 11, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
why is evolution a lie?
cause its not true! GOD created man

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171764 Jul 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists love sock puppets - when they've sufficiently embarassed a username, along comes another one.
Notice how Lincoln has f*cked off exactly as predicted after 2 weeks, same as dollar bills & educated wh*t.
They need to get the message everytime they come back again, that this troll sh*t will not be tolerated.
you was created by GOD not from a ape.. evolution is junk science

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171765 Jul 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
ouch i think i've stepped on a Osama bin-Saban have to clean my shoe
no you didn't step on him! you stepped in $#&t

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171766 Jul 11, 2013
evolution is a lie

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171767 Jul 11, 2013
There is no scientific proof that life did (or ever could evolve into existence from non-living matter... evolution is a whopper of a lie

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#171768 Jul 11, 2013
It makes Dave's post so much more enjoyable and it is spot on. Just throw in a random mention of Matlock or onion belt to complete the joke.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Rofl!

I'm doing that from now on.

Henderson, KY

#171769 Jul 11, 2013
Sound like a load of bullsht pulled right out of your christhole.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>As I answered somebody else, no. I'm not BM, Brother Marine, or any of his socks. As far as I know, he's not even on topix anymore. Yes he did live in the same city I live in. He plagiarized a bunch of people,(including myself) and got nasty about it when confronted. The last I heard about him, he was moving to California to find some lawyer who pissed him off.

Now, the reason everybody thinks he and I are the same person, is because he was copying and pasting every argument from both you skeptics, and from me. He set up his own forum that failed, and then his own website in which he called himself the "Militant Monk."

He made up all kinds of "socks" and posed as different atheists, and then made up more socks and posed as different Christians to argue back and forth. I joined his website because he had approached me for coaching in apologetics. When I discovered his plagiarism and dishonesty, I asked him about it at a local pizza place. He got all defensive and played victim, saying I was harassing him when all I really did was ask him why he did it, and I asked him to remove me from his mailing list as I didn't wish to associate with him any more.

So now, everybody thinks he's me, because he copied and pasted so many of my arguments. He was forced to take down his website, and he left the area. I don't know if he really moved to Cali or not, and I don't really care. I do know that he thought it was okay to challenge people to boxing matches as an excuse to assault them. He challenged me at the pizza place. Kinda creepy huh?

Well anyways, that's why people get us confused. I last posted on here like 7-8 months ago, but I couldn't remember my login information, so I created this new account. So now I'm here as Roman Apologist.

Henderson, KY

#171770 Jul 11, 2013
Most fish tanks don't have channels Abe Simpson wannabe.

Now don't pee your britches again and give a specific example of something I stated that was factually wrong. Until then your insults are as toothless as you are.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>The frequent and consistent spurious emissions of this stupid tv has only one channel! It's a fish tank? stupid fish tank has only one channel! your random firing of Santa's elves dance on magnets, has the same relative value to the body human as an onion belt without an onion.

Henderson, KY

#171771 Jul 11, 2013
It's not a later of what we lose it's a matter of what can be demonstrated. Like you are unable to demonstrate proof that Jesus existed.

I went point by point of your link as you requested and I notice as expected you ran and cowered away when presented with facts.

What do we lose of the universe formed as a result of natural processes? Insult to a Bronze Age campfire story?
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution isn't a lie. Evolution is a process that has occurred over time. The argument between theists and atheists is whether or not that process was started by random chance. As a Christian, I don't believe that.

The bigger question is this:

What do we really have to lose if an intelligent designer did start the process, and has a personal vested interest in us? If an intelligent designer is interested in us, what possible motive is there for us to deny such a being?

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#171772 Jul 11, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
As I answered somebody else, no. I'm not BM, Brother Marine, or any of his socks. As far as I know, he's not even on topix anymore. Yes he did live in the same city I live in. He plagiarized a bunch of people,(including myself) and got nasty about it when confronted. The last I heard about him, he was moving to California to find some lawyer who pissed him off.
Now, the reason everybody thinks he and I are the same person, is because he was copying and pasting every argument from both you skeptics, and from me. He set up his own forum that failed, and then his own website in which he called himself the "Militant Monk."
He made up all kinds of "socks" and posed as different atheists, and then made up more socks and posed as different Christians to argue back and forth. I joined his website because he had approached me for coaching in apologetics. When I discovered his plagiarism and dishonesty, I asked him about it at a local pizza place. He got all defensive and played victim, saying I was harassing him when all I really did was ask him why he did it, and I asked him to remove me from his mailing list as I didn't wish to associate with him any more.
So now, everybody thinks he's me, because he copied and pasted so many of my arguments. He was forced to take down his website, and he left the area. I don't know if he really moved to Cali or not, and I don't really care. I do know that he thought it was okay to challenge people to boxing matches as an excuse to assault them. He challenged me at the pizza place. Kinda creepy huh?
Well anyways, that's why people get us confused. I last posted on here like 7-8 months ago, but I couldn't remember my login information, so I created this new account. So now I'm here as Roman Apologist.
Oh. OK

:-)

Henderson, KY

#171773 Jul 11, 2013
Se reason all the other mystery religions were formed. Zealot yokels did that back in those day.

The Essene Jews at the time always had some new son of god messiah that they were pushing.

With your answer you obviously do not understand the people of that time period. Messianic cults and religions based on the son of god coming to save all popped up very frequently in those days.

I suggest you leave the apologetic websites alone and actually study people from that time period.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Redoran. That's my question to those who claim Christ as a myth. If Christianity started prior to the Neronian persecutions in Rome, as most historical scholars accept as true, then what could possibly be the motive for a bunch of ragtag Jews who weren't even held in high esteem by their own ruling class? Who in the hell would make up such a lie? What could they possibly hope to gain from it?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#171776 Jul 12, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>hahaaa
I see you have become accustomed to The Dave Nelson.
He's a bizarre little puffed up ego piece of work, isn't he;0)

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#171777 Jul 12, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
He's actually quite fluffy.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#171778 Jul 12, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution isn't a lie. Evolution is a process that has occurred over time. The argument between theists and atheists is whether or not that process was started by random chance. As a Christian, I don't believe that.
The bigger question is this:
What do we really have to lose if an intelligent designer did start the process, and has a personal vested interest in us? If an intelligent designer is interested in us, what possible motive is there for us to deny such a being?
No one knows the origin of the singularity or what caused the universe to expand at this time. However, "I don't know" is not proof of a creator. Nothing we have ever investigated has ever ended up being attributed to a supernatural being.

Why would I deny an entity I don't believe in? I don't deny the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus either. I simply equate them all as myth.

Many theists think that atheists (1 actually believe but are too lazy to
obey the rules (2 are soldiers of Satan (another myth we don't believe in)(3 have a natural inclination to be obstinately perverse (4 want to destroy the world or some such thing (5 are deviant and hate a supernatural entity because it doesn't agree with us....and the list goes on and on.

You attribute faith to us (as the thread title implies) when we plainly don't accept faith as any type of proof.

C'est la vie.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#171779 Jul 12, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows the origin of the singularity or what caused the universe to expand at this time. However, "I don't know" is not proof of a creator. Nothing we have ever investigated has ever ended up being attributed to a supernatural being.
Why would I deny an entity I don't believe in? I don't deny the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus either. I simply equate them all as myth.
Many theists think that atheists (1 actually believe but are too lazy to
obey the rules (2 are soldiers of Satan (another myth we don't believe in)(3 have a natural inclination to be obstinately perverse (4 want to destroy the world or some such thing (5 are deviant and hate a supernatural entity because it doesn't agree with us....and the list goes on and on.
You attribute faith to us (as the thread title implies) when we plainly don't accept faith as any type of proof.
C'est la vie.

Happy to be infidel.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#171780 Jul 12, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Redoran. That's my question to those who claim Christ as a myth. If Christianity started prior to the Neronian persecutions in Rome, as most historical scholars accept as true, then what could possibly be the motive for a bunch of ragtag Jews who weren't even held in high esteem by their own ruling class? Who in the hell would make up such a lie? What could they possibly hope to gain from it?
Power over people, stature and as always, money or barter goods.

Same as the flagellants in Europe during the 13th and 14th centuries. They would practice mortification of their own flesh in public and preach hellfire and brimstone.

The superstitious peasants would give them what crumbs of food and wine that they had and the (in this case) Catholic radicals would go to rest outside of the village before moving on to the next.

As an extra perk, the young and naïve young ladies would sneak out after dark to bind their wounds. After a few days of eating, drinking and deflowering the local virgins they would pronounce themselves rested and repeat the charade in another village.

This worked especially well during hard times as did the religious revivalists during the Great Depression. Not a bad racket when you think about it.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#171781 Jul 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zGwDwx10wB4XX
LMAO!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#171782 Jul 12, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
He's The Dave Nelson.

<The Dave Nelson> " I'm fabulous "

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#171783 Jul 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zGwDwx10wB4XX
You know they were gonna call fluffy, "Dave Nelson" when fluffy was invented.

It just seemed like the natural thing to do.

The Dave Nelson was infuriated because he'd already invented, "fluffy", but called, "thingy", by The Dave Nelson, and had neglected to patent the invention due to his work in the emerging, yet unnamed field of magnets, strings, paperclips, and an old Waring Blender™ which was his bRaIn cHiLd, and was going to call it "Somethinlikethat..um Mechanics".

As the patent was just moments away from being finalized, and what we now know as, "fluffy", was to be registered as, "Dave Nelson", he could take no more and with an effort of will so strong that it has never been seen before or since, he sprang in to action.

He then read some words from the !Magnetonomicron!.pdf he'd downloaded from the Monsters&Aliens website and all of that nonsense was quickly discarded.

He then sold his version of "thingy"(which was like fluffy, but ever so much more so) to the now defeated, inventors of "Dave Nelson", and demanded that they name it "fluffy".

And thus, thanks to The Dave Nelson, we have the word and the substance, "fluffy", today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min replaytime 79,986
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 2 hr Um_because_facts 103
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 3 hr Um_because_facts 92
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 hr River Tam 32,582
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Fri blacklagoon 3 62
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sep 15 Me _ Myself _ I 8
More from around the web