Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,222)

Showing posts 164,421 - 164,440 of223,285
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I very much understand that different people have different interpretations of their religion. This very fact is one of the many that puts religion into question. If it were *truth* rather than *opinion*, then there would be much more agreement between the different sects.
But the question being addressed is the definition of the word 'Christian'. For a modern reader, that consists of believing in the divinity of Jesus, in the resurrection, and in the forgiveness of sins. And those beliefs allows for corrupt individuals to be Christians. And that was the basic point. If you wish to use a *different* definition of the word 'Christian', the please give it. But be aware that the standard definition is the one I gave.
There are so many different sects of Christianity because the NT can mean whatever you believe it says. There are verses that say you're judged by works, and just as many that you're saved by grace. Christians will never be able to agree. Unlike Judaism, the scripture says, "They shall see eye to eye when the Lord brings again Zion" God will modify the law and it will be strictly observed by the inhabitants of Israel. As far as the rest of the world, they will "all walk in the name of their gods".

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The grocery store sorta put and end to having to kill.
Am I religious when I go in one? Should I pray at the meat counter?
Loopy Dave..........
Auralie, yes you should.

Do you know what a slaughterhouse is?

Virtual particles and poofing didn't get that meat into the counter. The grocery store just removed the slaughterhouse from your view. It exists.

http://localslaughterhouse.com/GardenCityKans...

You ought to see the HUGE one Cargill has east of town.

Say moo when when you buy your steaks in appreciation for what the creative force and other human beings had to do to make you feel so moral.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Auralie, yes you should.
Do you know what a slaughterhouse is?
Virtual particles and poofing didn't get that meat into the counter. The grocery store just removed the slaughterhouse from your view. It exists.
http://localslaughterhouse.com/GardenCityKans...
You ought to see the HUGE one Cargill has east of town.
Say moo when when you buy your steaks in appreciation for what the creative force and other human beings had to do to make you feel so moral.
You mean civilized, morality is another issue Dave. Unless you question if it is moral to eat animals. The answer to the question was civilization tells us it is not moral to kill or eat other people or certain animals. I don't need religion to tell me that.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I never said you pasted it deaf & dumb !! I said copied... you don't have to like me just be like me...
i'm not like a loser like you are bozo

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not like a loser like you are bozo
WOW what a silly post! I got your bozo hanging... Mikko the Dikko

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean civilized, morality is another issue Dave. Unless you question if it is moral to eat animals. The answer to the question was civilization tells us it is not moral to kill or eat other people or certain animals. I don't need religion to tell me that.
You weren't going to get civilized if you didn't trust the other tribe not eating you or your babies. You kinda need a common "morality" to gather about.

I'm sure they didn't discuss abiogenesis or black hole event horizons before meeting and deciding to band together for the common good..

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>WOW what a silly post! I got your bozo hanging... Mikko the Dikko
You are the one shitposting your dung! bozo the loser

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There are so many different sects of Christianity because the NT can mean whatever you believe it says. There are verses that say you're judged by works, and just as many that you're saved by grace. Christians will never be able to agree. Unlike Judaism, the scripture says, "They shall see eye to eye when the Lord brings again Zion" God will modify the law and it will be strictly observed by the inhabitants of Israel. As far as the rest of the world, they will "all walk in the name of their gods".
If it means 'whatever you believe it says', then it isn't truth. It is opinion.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it means 'whatever you believe it says', then it isn't truth. It is opinion.
The entire doctrine of Christianity is inspired by Satan. God didn't appear to Jesus, Satan did. Satan commissioned Jesus and offered him the world if he would serve him. Jesus came out preaching the kingdom which has yet to materialize. The NT says, "Satan is the god of this world" and through his counterfeit messiah Jesus, he is worshipped as God. People who are deceived don't know it and Satan has a firm grip on this world.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit yourself.
Still have your teeth? Notice the canines? You are a born predator.
Notice the hands and how they can pick fruits and berries? How they can till land and grow crops or farm animals to be eaten with those canines?
Man will eat his own kind to survive. Not only eat, but kill to eat.
You were built for predation and exploitation of any and all available resources. Any thought beyond doing such is based upon a religious belief. As it is, you are aware of animism, which is a religious belief and is as old as man is.
Proven Creationist coward with no proof of god who denies the fact of evolution.

A weasel who can't be honest about his cult's dishonesty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Dave Nelson believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs and that fossils "aren\t real".

Thats how f*cked up his actual beliefs are.

Enough said...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Creationists, like all theists with no proof of god, will only get respect after they prove the horsesh*t they are claiming is absolute truth.
They won't get any respect until they've prove nthe god that they are lying about.

The rules are simple, but Creationists want to lie because that is their morals - they have none!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

if theists could provide evidence like decent honest people, they would not need to lie with bible quotes.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one shitposting your dung! bozo the loser
control yourself!!! fartknocker

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
if theists could provide evidence like decent honest people, they would not need to lie with bible quotes.
how do you know they are lies?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!
You do have a sense of humor in a low level way.
Gimme one of those biological laws.
One law? Okay, when DNA is replicated by the chemical processes it contains some errors in the copy. There's one law, machines don't have DNA and they are not chemical processes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
One law? Okay, when DNA is replicated by the chemical processes it contains some errors in the copy. There's one law, machines don't have DNA and they are not chemical processes.
"Cellular proofreading and error-checking mechanisms ensure near perfect fidelity for DNA replication."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_replication

Sounds like a machine to me. Kinda computer like.

What is the name of that law?

Internal combustion engines require chemical processes. For just one example.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cellular proofreading and error-checking mechanisms ensure near perfect fidelity for DNA replication."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_replication
Sounds like a machine to me. Kinda computer like.
What is the name of that law?
Internal combustion engines require chemical processes. For just one example.
"Nearly perfect" is not perfect, and no, chemical processes cannot equate to computer programs, again, one is one thing, the other is another thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nearly perfect" is not perfect, and no, chemical processes cannot equate to computer programs, again, one is one thing, the other is another thing.
So, then biological processes are imperfect by law, therefore phenomenon observed by them can not be observed properly and/or interpretations will necessarily be in error due to this fundamental flaw by law. Such will also extend to the biological creature known as man.

Totally unreliable observation and deduction platform. So will any machines created by this process.

Which means you are wrong.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> Yes, Osama did talk to Snap, Crackle, and, Pop. But, Osama gets you heathens mixed up ... which one is you?
>:/
Those must've been your deity delusions you were talking to.

Atheist don't talk to imaginary deities. Theists do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 164,421 - 164,440 of223,285
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••