Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256637 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#171279 Jul 8, 2013
if theists could provide evidence like decent honest people, they would not need to lie with bible quotes.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171280 Jul 8, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one shitposting your dung! bozo the loser
control yourself!!! fartknocker

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171281 Jul 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
if theists could provide evidence like decent honest people, they would not need to lie with bible quotes.
how do you know they are lies?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#171283 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!
You do have a sense of humor in a low level way.
Gimme one of those biological laws.
One law? Okay, when DNA is replicated by the chemical processes it contains some errors in the copy. There's one law, machines don't have DNA and they are not chemical processes.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#171284 Jul 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
One law? Okay, when DNA is replicated by the chemical processes it contains some errors in the copy. There's one law, machines don't have DNA and they are not chemical processes.
"Cellular proofreading and error-checking mechanisms ensure near perfect fidelity for DNA replication."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_replication

Sounds like a machine to me. Kinda computer like.

What is the name of that law?

Internal combustion engines require chemical processes. For just one example.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#171285 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cellular proofreading and error-checking mechanisms ensure near perfect fidelity for DNA replication."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_replication
Sounds like a machine to me. Kinda computer like.
What is the name of that law?
Internal combustion engines require chemical processes. For just one example.
"Nearly perfect" is not perfect, and no, chemical processes cannot equate to computer programs, again, one is one thing, the other is another thing.

Ordway, CO

#171286 Jul 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nearly perfect" is not perfect, and no, chemical processes cannot equate to computer programs, again, one is one thing, the other is another thing.
So, then biological processes are imperfect by law, therefore phenomenon observed by them can not be observed properly and/or interpretations will necessarily be in error due to this fundamental flaw by law. Such will also extend to the biological creature known as man.

Totally unreliable observation and deduction platform. So will any machines created by this process.

Which means you are wrong.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#171287 Jul 8, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> Yes, Osama did talk to Snap, Crackle, and, Pop. But, Osama gets you heathens mixed up ... which one is you?
>:/
Those must've been your deity delusions you were talking to.

Atheist don't talk to imaginary deities. Theists do.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#171288 Jul 8, 2013
Correct. DNA undergoes a lot of error correction in the replication process - but we know that errors still get through.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
LCN Llin

United States

#171289 Jul 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Creationists, like all theists with no proof of god, will only get respect after they prove the horsesh*t they are claiming is absolute truth.
They won't get any respect until they've prove nthe god that they are lying about.
The rules are simple, but Creationists want to lie because that is their morals - they have none!
"they've prove nthe god"

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Avoid using words such as really, horsesh*t, quite, horsesh*t, severely when they are not necessary.
It is probably enough to say that the salary increase is horsesh*t. Does saying that it is severely inadequate introduce anything more than a tone of hysteria?
These words shouldn't be banished from your vocabulary, but they will be used to best effect when used sparingly.
Keep posting you are funny!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171290 Jul 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Correct. DNA undergoes a lot of error correction in the replication process - but we know that errors still get through.
<quoted text>
I know you love blowing men

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#171291 Jul 8, 2013
The Torah is stolen from other cultures and cobbled together very poorly.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The entire doctrine of Christianity is inspired by Satan. God didn't appear to Jesus, Satan did. Satan commissioned Jesus and offered him the world if he would serve him. Jesus came out preaching the kingdom which has yet to materialize. The NT says, "Satan is the god of this world" and through his counterfeit messiah Jesus, he is worshipped as God. People who are deceived don't know it and Satan has a firm grip on this world.

Henderson, KY

#171292 Jul 8, 2013
Yes you have confessed this a while back.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>You know I love blowing men

Henderson, KY

#171293 Jul 8, 2013
NDE's are easily replicated under anesthesia or even during seizures. They are a mere chemical reaction and nothing more.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>So, then biological processes are imperfect by law, therefore phenomenon observed by them can not be observed properly and/or interpretations will necessarily be in error due to this fundamental flaw by law. Such will also extend to the biological creature known as man.

Totally unreliable observation and deduction platform. So will any machines created by this process.

Which means you are wrong.

Ordway, CO

#171294 Jul 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
NDE's are easily replicated under anesthesia or even during seizures. They are a mere chemical reaction and nothing more.
<quoted text>
So is your thinking.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#171295 Jul 8, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. I concede that Brazil, as a Latin country has a very high population of people who self identify as Catholic (or other denomination) but it is the actions that betray their words. And I would say that those who did commit the crime were not practicing Catholics or Christians. If they were, then they're seriously misunderstanding the tenets of peace as taught by Christ.
That holds true for just about any belief set, ideology, or endeavor.

For instance, maybe you're trying to become versed or proficient in..., Archery, and a time comes when drawing the bow they forgot a key component such as breathing, concentration, repetitive pattern, or the release, so for that time, it doesn't mean they weren't an Archer, it just meant they , messed up, or didn't do what they were supposed to do.

Or maybe a person is on a diet, and they had 10 Big macs one day. They're still a "dieter".

Same goes for students, athletes, parents and pretty much all other things. Just because they don't live up to their expectations or other peoples expectations, doesn't mean the aren't students, athletes, parents etc..., anymore.

Until it comes to the Christians.

The "No True Christian™" fallacy, is what I call it.

That's the "beauty" of the "No True Christian™" fallacy.

Only people who do nothing wrong at all are called Christian — by Christians — and those who do wrong are not Christian, no matter if the person who does something illegal, wrong or less than exemplary says they are a Christian.

How convenient~/.

It's a disingenuous claim by "Christians" who utilize the fallacy(obviously), and very convenient. When a Christian does something that casts a bad light on Christianity, they just say those people who presented a negative view of Christianity aren't real Christians and the problem is solved, no?

It's good people are standing up and pointing out these flaws in Christianity and exposing that type of "No True Christian™" thinking as disingenuous and fallacious.

For a moment, lets say the No True Christian™ fallacy >isn't< a fallacy.

If that's the case, then the - "No True Christian™" - fallacy points to there being far less Christians in the nation than statistics say there are, meaning the U.S. isn't a "Christian Country", if we allow Christians to make the "No true Christian", assertion, nor has it ever been. <(chuckle)>

We know that is protested, however, by all Christians, true Christians or not, and suddenly every Christian a Christian could get to say they are a Christian would indeed be a Christian...~/.

This is the rule: The only "True Christian™" is the one you happen to be talking to at the moment, and they'll tell you just exactly who isn't a "True Christian™".

I'm proud to say, I'm not.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#171296 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly why.
The clueless and nuts express themselves the best they know how.
Noun: irony
1. Witty language used to convey insults or scorn, esp. saying one thing but implying the opposite
2. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs
3. A trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs

WordWeb Pro 6.6

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171297 Jul 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes you have confessed this a while back.
<quoted text>
I did confess The WOMENS WANTS ME! AND I WANTS THE WOMEN! I also know you're flaming gay... Im not interested in you .. See thinking he loves to throw a mean sixty nine with a FLAMER like you

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171298 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So is your thinking.
he's thinking about thinking the gay poster from the UK

Ordway, CO

#171299 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly why.
The clueless and nuts express themselves the best they know how.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Noun: irony
1. Witty language used to convey insults or scorn, esp. saying one thing but implying the opposite
2. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs
3. A trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs
WordWeb Pro 6.6
I would like to believe you caught my witticism in that post, but I may be wrong in doing so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 25 min Aura Mytha 18,711
A Universe from Nothing? 2 hr Into The Night 618
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Patrick 10,091
Good arguments against Christianity 2 hr Patrick 234
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 6 hr Eagle 12 808
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Into The Night 43,411
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 7 hr Thinking 794
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr Eagle 12 21,243
More from around the web