Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239871 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#170458 Jun 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.. there are no good answers for you mac... you're hard headed as they come..
Bro. Clownie
When you're brave enough to prove the god you're lying to us about, your opinions about reality might matter.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#170459 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If Dave says so? ha ha ha hah
Your word carries the weight of a gnat turd, his even less.
Your thoughts weigh even less. Except when they are beer sogged.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#170460 Jun 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So.
Didn't look him up, and still don't know. Hardly a surprise.
Am I misinterpreting this, or does the Klown think Emmet Kelly is the Father of Evolution? Please tell me I'm wrong...

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170461 Jun 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're brave enough to prove the god you're lying to us about, your opinions about reality might matter.
Yo Skeptic I found your billfold I now know who you are... no cash in there but did find two condoms that had expired... GO Figue LMAO!

Location hidden

#170462 Jun 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
The mental illness of faith's logic at its best...
These creationist people are cowards. They are the people that did not study hard and now they mock scientists, thinking that they know it all.
Creationists like Clown Educated What, susanblange - they know that they are lying. Its why they are in the atheist forum.
They doubt their own cult and need athiests to validate their beliefs for them.
SO sad that athiests have been forced to become the doctors for these poor mentally ill people.

Location hidden

#170463 Jun 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Yo Skeptic I found your billfold I now know who you are... no cash in there but did find two condoms that had expired... GO Figue LMAO!
Another chance to prove your god and win us over the honest way wasted.

Location hidden

#170464 Jun 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>are you kidding me??? you're as nutty as a squirrel turd...
Denying evolution is like denying you took a sh*t today.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#170465 Jun 30, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I misinterpreting this, or does the Klown think Emmet Kelly is the Father of Evolution? Please tell me I'm wrong...
Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me.

T'other day he got snarky at me for quoting an "atheist website" - specifically, "Answers in Genesis".

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#170466 Jun 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.. there are no good answers for you mac... you're hard headed as they come..
Bro. Clownie
Fundie for "I don't know! And you can't make me know! I don't have to know!"

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#170467 Jun 30, 2013
Lmfao!

Hahahahahahahaha!

Thanks for the laughs!:))
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>The website below is that of Dr.Jeffrey Long. He is a leading researcher in Near Death Experiences.

http://www.nderf.org/

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#170469 Jun 30, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text> Dickhead.
http://media.photobucket.com/user/ehumanure/m... [term]=dickhead&filters[pr imary]=images&sort=1&o =57#/user/ehumanure/media/Funn y/dickhead.jpg.html?filters%5B term%5D=dickhead&filters%5 Bprimary%5D=images&sort=1 &o=57&_suid=1372623675 85903494090571250037
Thanks for your picture, Fred

You're strange looking, Fred. I suggest you contact a better photographer, Fred.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#170471 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
What's your opinion on Near Death experiences?
Been there, done that. The body has it's own way of responding to trauma and pain of various kinds. No big deal.

Glad to be alive and an atheist;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#170472 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you 100% certain of that?
Yes.

Westcliffe, CO

#170473 Jun 30, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, done that. The body has it's own way of responding to trauma and pain of various kinds. No big deal.
Glad to be alive and an atheist;0)
LOL!!!

No big deal, eh?

Ignorance is bliss.

It's you trapped in that body while alive, sweetie. Whatever shape it is in.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#170474 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
It is highly amusing how the beliefs, conclusions, and argumentation Topix atheists have about life, existence, et al, are based upon the proclamations of others. Like stujents just learning something and arguing the finer points of what the professor just told them.
Will they ever mature? That is the question.
And you rest your proclamations on the words of others, theologians, primitive goat herders who told stories that were written into a book, etc.

Will you ever aspire to thinking for yourself? So far, the answer to that question is a resounding no.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170475 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
No big deal, eh?
Ignorance is bliss.
Too funny, only someone who see's life as a mere interlude would think of a persons as being "Trapped in that body."

See how negative your religion is, "trapped" carries such a feeling of hopelessness, probably the way you view life, as totally hopeless. Also "Trapped" while your alive carries with it the unsupported notion that the person trapped will be released upon death. More childish wish thinking. Wishing for something doesn't make it real, but you just keep on dreaming!!!!!

Westcliffe, CO

#170479 Jun 30, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
And you rest your proclamations on the words of others, theologians, primitive goat herders who told stories that were written into a book, etc.
Will you ever aspire to thinking for yourself? So far, the answer to that question is a resounding no.
You haven't a clue as to what I think or how I arrived at it. You are too focused on what you think.

So you had an NDE. Mind telling us about it?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170480 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
No big deal, eh?
Ignorance is bliss.
"Ignorance is bliss?" To be ignorant means certain information is either not understood, or one is unaware of this information. What "information" is this person ignorant of? Lets remember that "information" are FACTS provided or learned about something or someone. Now what FACTS is this person ignorant of? I'll wait!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170481 Jun 30, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
In Hell, you won't, you dumb shit..
So I won't be alive when I'm in hell? Can hurt very much if I'm dead now can it!!! BTW, I'll still be an Atheist. You really are not very intelligent!!!!!

Westcliffe, CO

#170482 Jun 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Too funny, only someone who see's life as a mere interlude would think of a persons as being "Trapped in that body."
See how negative your religion is, "trapped" carries such a feeling of hopelessness, probably the way you view life, as totally hopeless. Also "Trapped" while your alive carries with it the unsupported notion that the person trapped will be released upon death. More childish wish thinking. Wishing for something doesn't make it real, but you just keep on dreaming!!!!!
Goonyloony, my total consciousness was inches and seconds away from stepping into a totally different existence. I had already checked out of this hotel. Not the slightest thought of my eternal discontinuance ever occurred to me. This one, yes, but that old consciousness just kept on a ticking away.

Come back to me when you have some experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 min ChristineM 2,236
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Thinking 7,634
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 hr lozzza 19,142
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 10 hr NoahLovesU 7,514
Is God a Perfect Being? 23 hr Thinking 16
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists Mon True Christian wi... 137
News America is losing religion - and why more and m... May 30 P_Smith 1
More from around the web