Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170278 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Calling someone "dear" works on so many levels.
It really smokes out the closet jobs, doesn't it?
Everyone else I encounter takes "dear" at face value or sees the irony, depending on the relationship.
<quoted text>
you're queer! we all know it! so is your twin sister Christine

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170279 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Hatred of others, it would appear.
<quoted text>
yep thats atheist for you

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170280 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Goober! Good to see ya!
Heard you were pulled over on the I-195 a while back?
Do you have an ID?
bout what!

Location hidden

#170281 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Everyone else I encounter takes "dear" at face value or sees the irony, depending on the relationship.
<quoted text>
A man calling another man dear is asking for a good ole nasty butt plucking ... It ain't right to let a man lose his load in your butt-hole... why do you do that??
Thinking

York, UK

#170282 Jun 28, 2013
Why do you sign in as goober and vote for your DK clunt post?

http://i.qkme.me/3p80b1.jpg

You are dishonest.
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>A man calling another man dear is asking for a good ole nasty butt plucking ... It ain't right to let a man lose his load in your butt-hole... why do you do that??
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170283 Jun 28, 2013
MC shows his art of sing wrote:
MC is the best Protoss player around the world. He is even nicknamed the Protoss president.
MC sang songs passionately in the seventh HomeStory Cup tournament. He performed just like a hot star! Awesome! We all suggest him to be a singer rather than a player. Letís enjoy MCís singing.
video here: http://www.gameguyz.com/news/game/mc-shows-hi...
Holy shit, this is just horrible, do you know anything about music? His intonation is frightful, he gets so sharp when he tries to sing loud. his intervals are not true at all. He has absolutely NO sense of melodic phrasing. To make matters even worse, it a terrible song he's TRYING to sing. Grow up, will ya, listen to some real singers!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170284 Jun 28, 2013
"Your presupposition is based on naturalism though. Yes, people typically stay dead and do not rise again, but if God is real, wouldn't we expect Him to have that kind of power?"

No, I would expect if God is real that he would make a sacrifice that is genuine, one that people tied to naturalism could understand and accept, not one mired in supernatural mumbo jumbo.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#170285 Jun 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy shit, this is just horrible, do you know anything about music? His intonation is frightful, he gets so sharp when he tries to sing loud. his intervals are not true at all. He has absolutely NO sense of melodic phrasing. To make matters even worse, it a terrible song he's TRYING to sing. Grow up, will ya, listen to some real singers!!!
It's summer. Shouldn't you be out to sea serenading flying fish? You done run the squirrels out of the park.

Location hidden

#170286 Jun 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
"Your presupposition is based on naturalism though. Yes, people typically stay dead and do not rise again, but if God is real, wouldn't we expect Him to have that kind of power?"
No, I would expect if God is real that he would make a sacrifice that is genuine, one that people tied to naturalism could understand and accept, not one mired in supernatural mumbo jumbo.
The event left you in a Christianized world. Your entire overdeveloped sense of morality is a product of that. Now get humble and realize that The Force works in ways you can't understand.

Serenade the flying fish. They can't throw fish at you like the porpoises will.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170287 Jun 28, 2013
"Again you have made another good point, but you're thinking of the sacrifice in linear natural terms. I'll explain. Yes, Jesus is one person of the trinity but there's a key difference during His earthly ministry. Jesus chose to limit His powers at times. Just because a powerful being can do certain things does not mean that they will do them."

"What Jesus did was take God's judgement onto Himself during the crucifixion. This is the theological sacrifice. He lived the life we should have lived, and He died the death we deserved to die,(under judgement) and He did so that we wouldn't have to. He defeated death for us."

Of course I'm thinking in linear natural terms, thats what people grounded in reality do. Thats how critical thinking people operate. Are you suggesting we think of this supposed sacrifice in supernatural terms, the supernatural were NOTHING is real? Wouldn't you think that knowing how his creations perceive things, God would have made a genuine sacrifice, one that the common man could understand and appreciate?

A Theological sacrifice? Wonderful!! Theology, the study of that which is only imagined.

Who is to say how I am to live my life? I am the only one who has that power, life's decisions belong solely to me.

No One DESERVES to die, life is beyond precious. All intimations are that this is the ONLY life we have. There is no evidence of an afterlife. I do know what a comforting thought it is to know you can never truly die. The arrogance factor here is astounding. With the entire cosmos in entropy, suns, solar systems, entire galaxies dying, our own sun on its way to total distraction, YOU are so special, that YOU will avoid the cosmic inevitability, and live for ever, Shocking!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170288 Jun 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's summer. Shouldn't you be out to sea serenading flying fish? You done run the squirrels out of the park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hUi-ufb5Qw8XX
Funny, I'm on my boat right now, three glorious days of solitude and composing. I prefer a full concert hall like we had last weekend to flying fish, but thanks for the thought.

In the case should I accidentally ingest poison, I've gone ahead and saved the bucketed youtube video, I can use it to induce vomiting, thanks for your help!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170289 Jun 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The event left you in a Christianized world. Your entire overdeveloped sense of morality is a product of that. Now get humble and realize that The Force works in ways you can't understand.
My overdeveloped sense of morality is a produced of evolution, no mysterious sky wizard needed. Ever wonder how mankind survived for 198,000 years before the sky wizard deemed it time to show his evil face.

Forces that work in ways that cannot be understood, cannot be understood by anyone, hence they are simply a product of an overactive juvenile imagination.

People "throw" well wished and applause when I serenade, not fish, sorry, your wrong ONCE AGAIN!!!!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#170290 Jun 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>The event left you in a Christianized world. Your entire overdeveloped sense of morality is a product of that. Now get humble and realize that The Force works in ways you can't understand.

May the Schwartz be with you.

Location hidden

#170291 Jun 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
"Again you have made another good point, but you're thinking of the sacrifice in linear natural terms. I'll explain. Yes, Jesus is one person of the trinity but there's a key difference during His earthly ministry. Jesus chose to limit His powers at times. Just because a powerful being can do certain things does not mean that they will do them."
"What Jesus did was take God's judgement onto Himself during the crucifixion. This is the theological sacrifice. He lived the life we should have lived, and He died the death we deserved to die,(under judgement) and He did so that we wouldn't have to. He defeated death for us."
Of course I'm thinking in linear natural terms, thats what people grounded in reality do. Thats how critical thinking people operate. Are you suggesting we think of this supposed sacrifice in supernatural terms, the supernatural were NOTHING is real? Wouldn't you think that knowing how his creations perceive things, God would have made a genuine sacrifice, one that the common man could understand and appreciate?
A Theological sacrifice? Wonderful!! Theology, the study of that which is only imagined.
Who is to say how I am to live my life? I am the only one who has that power, life's decisions belong solely to me.
No One DESERVES to die, life is beyond precious. All intimations are that this is the ONLY life we have. There is no evidence of an afterlife. I do know what a comforting thought it is to know you can never truly die. The arrogance factor here is astounding. With the entire cosmos in entropy, suns, solar systems, entire galaxies dying, our own sun on its way to total distraction, YOU are so special, that YOU will avoid the cosmic inevitability, and live for ever, Shocking!!!!
You seem to ignore the fact that this in the only life you will have as this manifestation of expression. That is because you can't "see" out of it. Just dead bodies and an assumption you will cease as a consciousness when your carcass is added to the pile. It is always someone else that dies.

You have too much ego to be purely physical.

Of course, a person of your intellectual development and ego would be limited to thinking within those limits of understanding of the nature of things.

Location hidden

#170292 Jun 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My overdeveloped sense of morality is a produced of evolution, no mysterious sky wizard needed. Ever wonder how mankind survived for 198,000 years before the sky wizard deemed it time to show his evil face.
Forces that work in ways that cannot be understood, cannot be understood by anyone, hence they are simply a product of an overactive juvenile imagination.
People "throw" well wished and applause when I serenade, not fish, sorry, your wrong ONCE AGAIN!!!!!
evolution!? you got to be $#itin me boy damn. stay out of the comic books you goofy atheist
Thinking

York, UK

#170293 Jun 28, 2013
Calm down, dear.
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>evolution!? you got to be $#itin me boy damn. stay out of the comic books you goofy atheist

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#170294 Jun 28, 2013
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>evolution!? you got to be $#itin me boy damn. stay out of the comic books you goofy atheist
Incorrect, comic books have gods.
Thinking

York, UK

#170295 Jun 28, 2013
And not all comic books are incoherent.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect, comic books have gods.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#170296 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless his little clown heart.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#170297 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Your predictions for the second Lions test... Dear?

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr Morse 1,034
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 7 hr Morse 27
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 7 hr Morse 14,450
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 10 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 16 hr Richardfs 1,423
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 23 hr Gillette 5,946
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion Tue Dally Mama 3

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE