Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244729 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Myself”

Since: Jun 13

Fareham, Hampshire, England

#170300 Jun 28, 2013
Read my message for the truth on religion. I have just read what some Christians have written about atheists, look some of these people are morons and don't represent the growing community well. If you want to talk to one with some sense just ask me and don't expect a shit storm of swearing and hate but a civilised conversation. I also enjoy learning about religion so I don't hate it, like everything it's a subject to be respected and don't take my original message for hate since its not its just what I beleive to be truth and it makes sense. But trust me if someone hates on an atheist with some sense then I will hate you back and you will find yourself in a pile of facts WITH EVIDENCE that may get you thinking. But please don't listen some of the idiot atheists they DO NOT represent our community well.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#170301 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
And not all comic books are incoherent.
<quoted text>
This is true, comic book stories are more coherent.
Thinking

York, UK

#170302 Jun 28, 2013
Another very close, just struggling to get it over the line, but a win nonetheless for the Lions.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your predictions for the second Lions test... Dear?
:)
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170303 Jun 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to ignore the fact that this in the only life you will have as this manifestation of expression. That is because you can't "see" out of it. Just dead bodies and an assumption you will cease as a consciousness when your carcass is added to the pile. It is always someone else that dies.
You have too much ego to be purely physical.
Of course, a person of your intellectual development and ego would be limited to thinking within those limits of understanding of the nature of things.
Very interesting point, you seem to be comparing adult perceptions of life and those of children. Children love to play make believe, love to make up imaginary creatures and beings, magical places, and fantastic adventures. However, most of us outgrow those childish thoughts and accept what reality and science tell us to be true. I do understand those so terrified of death, that they recreate their childhood fantasies. Tell themselves over and over again about this magical land where one can live forever, until they are totally convinced that it is true, dispute a complete lack of supportive evidence. I find it kind of pitiful myself. You go ahead with your magical lands, I'll stick to being an adult and face whatever realities came my way, including death.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170304 Jun 28, 2013
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>evolution!? you got to be $#itin me boy damn. stay out of the comic books you goofy atheist
I'm sorry, I make it a personal rule never to converse with those who's I.Q's register in single digits. Please wipe your chin, you have idiot drool running down..........there that's better!!.....Oppps, there it is again, you poor slob!!!!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170305 Jun 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I make it a personal rule never to converse with those who's I.Q's register in single digits. Please wipe your chin, you have idiot drool running down..........there that's better!!.....Oppps, there it is again, you poor slob!!!!
You can stop posting anytime now! I've already determined that you don't know your @ss from a hole in the ground. Where were you when God was gifting brains? Oh, that's right you don't believe in God. No wonder you're a dumb @ss!
You should be ashamed of jumping on Ole GOOBER! like that!!! I bet he would whip yo @ss in a one on one! You would be walking in circles yelling DAMN DID A MULE KICK ME IN THE HEAD...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170306 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Another very close, just struggling to get it over the line, but a win nonetheless for the Lions.
<quoted text>
sissy

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170307 Jun 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, comic book stories are more coherent.
that guy thinking, likes to beat off reading comic books.. He loves the HE-MAN comics....

See ya in the funnies Kitten

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#170308 Jun 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy shit, this is just horrible, do you know anything about music? His intonation is frightful, he gets so sharp when he tries to sing loud. his intervals are not true at all. He has absolutely NO sense of melodic phrasing. To make matters even worse, it a terrible song he's TRYING to sing. Grow up, will ya, listen to some real singers!!!
Myles Kennedy?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#170309 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Lions will take the series 2-1. Tomorrow is a toss up. You are just better than the Aussies at the break down. And with a kicker as skillful as Halfpenny, that dominance will turn into points.

For the life of me, I cannot fathom why Deans would choose O'Connor over Quade Cooper. O'Connor is a decent option, don't get me wrong, but Cooper is an absolute pest to play against (plus O'Connor is on poor form with kicks to post). Furthermore, Cooper and Genia plays for the same franchise, the Queensland Reds. Had I been coach, I would have preserved such combinations. Your 9 and 10 should know each other inside and out.

For that reason, I believe Australia's attack is blunted. The only way they could have hoped to take the series, was to have a more electric back line than the Lions. With QC, I would have given the Aussies the edge.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#170310 Jun 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>sissy

Hey goober....<<<<< <<<<waves

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170311 Jun 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I make it a personal rule never to converse with those who's I.Q's register in single digits. Please wipe your chin, you have idiot drool running down..........there that's better!!.....Oppps, there it is again, you poor slob!!!!
I can change out a transmission. I bet you can't Where as you... what do you do? Oh, yeah, run your filthy atheist mouth! You're not witty, knowledgeable, or intelligent. And, you definitely have NO SCRUPLES. Add to that you probably can't change a tire or beat your way out of a wet paper bag. Now, run along lost in life, and have a nice day chasing your shadow!
Drop us both out deep in the woods, I would live ! you would cry like a little girl...I got your IQ a hanging! girly boy...

“Rising”

Milky Way

#170312 Jun 28, 2013
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>I can change out a transmission. I bet you can't Where as you... what do you do? Oh, yeah, run your filthy atheist mouth! You're not witty, knowledgeable, or intelligent. And, you definitely have NO SCRUPLES. Add to that you probably can't change a tire or beat your way out of a wet paper bag. Now, run along lost in life, and have a nice day chasing your shadow!
Drop us both out deep in the woods, I would live ! you would cry like a little girl...I got your IQ a hanging! girly boy...
Well Now we know where you came from.....The deep woods. A place you have to change your transmission and tires a so you can beat out of a wet paper bag to get to a place with a internet connection.
Thinking

York, UK

#170313 Jun 28, 2013
Your girlfriend died because you disgusted her.

Grow up.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>that guy thinking, likes to beat off reading comic books.. He loves the HE-MAN comics....
See ya in the funnies Kitten

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#170316 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine is immune to lying.
Double Fine have never lied, deceived or fibbed.
Is that your idea of comedy?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#170317 Jun 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Is that your idea of comedy?
nano, give Double Fine a break.

He probably contributes more knowledge and ideas, delivered in a friendly fashion, and makes us think and possibly reconsider our assumptions and opinions, than any other poster.

If anybody deserves our admiration, it's DF.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170318 Jun 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Now we know where you came from.....The deep woods. A place you have to change your transmission and tires a so you can beat out of a wet paper bag to get to a place with a internet connection.
You don't know shit. I get paid damn good money to change transmissions and work on cars... and yes I do live in the woods.. bite me boy

“Rising”

Milky Way

#170319 Jun 28, 2013
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know shit. I get paid damn good money to change transmissions and work on cars... and yes I do live in the woods.. bite me boy
lol goob you are looking a little wet behind the ears, do you need a hanky?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#170320 Jun 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
nano, give Double Fine a break.
He probably contributes more knowledge and ideas, delivered in a friendly fashion, and makes us think and possibly reconsider our assumptions and opinions, than any other poster.
If anybody deserves our admiration, it's DF.
Giving a fake phone # out to women he's trying to bang is NOT admirable.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#170321 Jun 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Giving a fake phone # out to women he's trying to bang is NOT admirable.
If he did that, then he should be subject to criticism.

What exactly do you assert he did?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min Gary Coaldigger 10,663
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min ChristineM 20,508
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 8 hr karl44 10
Is the Christian god good? 15 hr Shizle 3
Atheist believe, they are just hiding!!! 17 hr Richardfs 18
There is no meaning without God 20 hr Shizle 3
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" Mon Anonymous1386 3
More from around the web