Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,122)

Showing posts 162,421 - 162,440 of223,220
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know this proves your ignorance of my faith? It all shows so much hate.
I don't know why the children of the corn hate so much? It's not like they are in hell already.
So you don't believe that jesus paid for your sins through brutal, torturous sacrifice?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rule?
Not Gods that's for sure.
Erhm.. It's not "my rule," it's logic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called freedom of choice. It was Jephthah who made up the contract.
God did not say "ok Jephthah I will let you win your war but you must then offer your daughter to me as a burnt offering".
Nope it was Jephthah who said "Lord if you let me win this war I will offer up to you the first who walk out of my door when I return"
I would also point out that no where in the bible is this burnt offering of his Daughter ever carried out.
And the LORD was like... ok, cool?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cambrian explosion was really the Cambrian extinction. The results if Noah's flood.
To make a fossil you must bury the dead fast else it just rots away.
There are jelly fish fossils from this Cambrian extinction. A pretty major event would be needed to make fossil all over the world of the same time period. We call it Noah's flood.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH HHAAAHAAHAHAHA dude come on you're gonna make me literally die from laughter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> So Noah's flood was 500 million years ago?
Do you know what that means?
Nobody was around to see it.
No, it was 6k years ago. You must remember that the devil tools around with our measurements.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Senile dog years :)
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>BOO!!!:-p

It could be like dog years or something!

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

It's what your bible says, are you saying the bible is incorrect?

Good start
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Prove she was burnt.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Lol! Actually I just laugh at his senile dithering. He is always good for a laugh.
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>Does *anyone* really pay any attention to what Dave Nelson says?

He's a dork!!

He sits around all day long, telling himself what an objective genius he is with all the answers to life's questions, wearing his mustard-stained Starfleet Uniform (blue shirt, of course) and wax-encrusted Spock ears, while squinting at his monitor with a cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth (light up another, Dave, you'll "cure" yourself of your emphyzema sooner or later!), dropping ashes all over himself. He's so devoted to his ranting posts, he doesn't even take the time to get up to go to the bathroom; he just sits there, stewing in his own waste, writing posts that are interesting to no one but him.

Ick!!

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

BBQ little girl.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Who can blame him? Even god likes a good BBQ.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Whenever I suffer from insomnia, all I have to do is read a post or two of Dave Nelson, and I'm out like a light.
I guess he's not as useless as I thought.
Sorta like an old drug from the late 1800's to early 1900's...

<Physician> "Administer The Dave Nelson to the patient..."

<The Dave Nelson> "It's about time... Well you see I was thinking about the thingies that other people don't dare to think of because they only occur to, and are only known to me, and I began to ponder the fuzzy texture of my belly button lint and how it mimicked the very nature of reality or something like that. You see, all lint is something unique to each person, in that it happens to some people and they are aware, and some are not so aware of it, not in any major way. I however, am acutely aware of the lint in my belly button and it's this keen perception I have that causes my brain energies to..."

<Patient> "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE NO MORE... GIVE ME SHOCK THERAPY!... I"LL DO ANYTHING, ICE BATHS, BLOOD LETTING, LOBOTOMY!... I'LL DO IT I'LL DO IT I'LL DO IT ... I'LL SIGN ANYTHING JUST PLEASE NO MORE OF THE DAVE NELSON! "

<Physician> "Very well, Mr. Ripper..."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_year

Wade through that the best you can, Auralie.

As you will note near the bottom, there is variation in a solar year. At least 2 minutes by that short chart. That adds up to a lot of time over billions of years. But that is not the point. The observations are based upon periodicity and alignments of the macro and the micro from one point in the whole shebang. In this universe everything is tied together, so the macro, being larger in force, affects the micro. You can't speed the periodicity of an atom unless the mass and energy of the rest of the universe allows it, and you will need to pump extra energy into then to do so, which then has to come from somewhere. You can be in a whirlpool and get the same periodicity, but your motion or distance traveled can be radically different. It gets complicated, but our observations and thus determinations re time are arbitrarily derived.
You're an idiot.

Quit pretending you're not.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Lol! He reminds me of Grandpa Simpson and his onion belt rambling story. YouTube that up and tell me it doesn't sound like Dave :))
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Sorta like an old drug from the late 1800's to early 1900's...

<The Dave Nelson> "It's about time... Well you see I was thinking about the thingies that other people don't dare to think of because they only occur to, and are only known to me, and I began to ponder the fuzzy texture of my belly button lint and how it mimicked the very nature of reality or something like that. You see, all lint is something unique to each person, in that it happens to some people and they are aware, and some are not so aware of it, not in any major way. I however, am acutely aware of the lint in my belly button and it's this keen perception I have that causes my brain energies to..."

<Patient> "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE NO MORE... GIVE ME SHOCK THERAPY!... I"LL DO ANYTHING, ICE BATHS, BLOOD LETTING, LOBOTOMY!... I'LL DO IT I'LL DO IT I'LL DO IT ... I'LL SIGN ANYTHING JUST PLEASE NO MORE OF THE DAVE NELSON! "

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Does *anyone* really pay any attention to what Dave Nelson says?
He's a dork!!
He sits around all day long, telling himself what an objective genius he is with all the answers to life's questions, wearing his mustard-stained Starfleet Uniform (blue shirt, of course) and wax-encrusted Spock ears, while squinting at his monitor with a cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth (light up another, Dave, you'll "cure" yourself of your emphyzema sooner or later!), dropping ashes all over himself. He's so devoted to his ranting posts, he doesn't even take the time to get up to go to the bathroom; he just sits there, stewing in his own waste, writing posts that are interesting to no one but him.
Ick!!
The frustration and disappointment in life you suffer from the man of your dreams being an old geezer on death's door is quite evident. While it does warm my heart a bit to be so desired, I am kinda grateful the Grand Director of this production has made it unlikely we will ever meet, as I have some experience with crazy chicks, and prefer a nice quiet exit from the stage.

I do not dangle cigarettes from my lips. The lack of teeth and loose skin from age make that very difficult, in addition to the smoke burning my worn out old eyes.

Spock is not one of my heroes. Cold hard logic is no fun, and it detracts from the experience of living. There is no poetry to his approach.

Sigh...

I thought I was safe from you in this thread.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
*snicker*

Hi, Scar.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok dave. I will be gleefully awaiting your arrival in spirit form. Don't make me do anything too crazy.
Also, we are all in total ignorance of what comes after. To claim to "know" what happens after we die is the epitome of hubris.
Well, don't wait for me to show, as I probably will be occupied with other things.

I am just as ignorant of what comes next as you. A lot less ignorant on other things, granted, but as to what is over the distant horizon I glimpsed, I can't say what is and what ain't, except for the fact the termination of my existence as a conscious entity will not occur. It would nice just drifting off to eternal nothing, but it don't work that way. As I pointed out before, I checked out of this existence, and the physical likelihood of death was very, very high, but not once did it occur to me that the consciousness I was, and which changed a couple of times as I went further from this place, was about to end. As I pointed out before, I was atheist, very material and technically oriented, but such thoughts never crossed my consciousnesses. Was quite the surprise after coming back and my physical brain reviewed the experience. That physical brain is not what really runs you, or in control of you. It is a hazy filter you peer out and work with in this particular environment.

Or something like that.

The possession? That was a huge surprise and most troubling for a while. I've always had this thing ingrained in me about each of us having a right to exist here on our own. I felt I was a threat to my progeny. But this was afterwards. In my desperation to continue materially after realizing this ended, I knew I could share existence here with others. I scanned those around me, but had to make a qualitative decision. Luckily none of them had a life I wanted to get involved in. Except for a bonded couple. I couldn't do it. That was the only time when a bright light appeared. That is when I headed for the spiritual recycling bin.

Timmy, me boy, you are working on false assumptions with your physical brain. In this manifestation it is like a light bulb projecting for you to see, and it reacts to what bounces back. All you will see with it is here. You won't see the greater reality. Don't assume too much with it.

Existence is feeling and emotion more than cold hard logic. Enjoy it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*snicker*
Hi, Scar.
It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see I am responsible for an increase in electrical activity in Scar's brain, causing bursts of creativity he would otherwise be lacking. Perhaps in time this increase will become a continuous flow.

I have always been good about resurrecting dead machines. Pulled many a dead device out of trash piles and made them live again. I'm a Jesus of the junkpile. Another few jolts and Scar may come to life permanently.

ZAP!!! It's alive!!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The frustration and disappointment in life you suffer from the man of your dreams being an old geezer on death's door is quite evident. While it does warm my heart a bit to be so desired, I am kinda grateful the Grand Director of this production has made it unlikely we will ever meet, as I have some experience with crazy chicks, and prefer a nice quiet exit from the stage.
I do not dangle cigarettes from my lips. The lack of teeth and loose skin from age make that very difficult, in addition to the smoke burning my worn out old eyes.
Spock is not one of my heroes. Cold hard logic is no fun, and it detracts from the experience of living. There is no poetry to his approach.
Sigh...
I thought I was safe from you in this thread.
Are you kidding, you know Katlin has the Tim Allen small block chevy powered vibrator ready to lance you straight through the gizzard with, no matter where you run. I'm just glad she ain't pointing that thing at me.....LMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding, you know Katlin has the Tim Allen small block chevy powered vibrator ready to lance you straight through the gizzard with, no matter where you run. I'm just glad she ain't pointing that thing at me.....LMAO
:-)

I'm praying and hoping she will she will be occupied pointing it at herself while I make my getaway.

Think I should seek refuge in a convent?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I schooled you on just about every ignit comment you have made. Should I post it all over again? Do you really want someone to tear apart the above comment too? Get off the forum it is not for you. Even the trolls here have more brains then you.
CLOWNIE OWNAGE
Liar.

Yes please feel free to post your lies, it would be interesting to see what lies you can come up with. I realise you are christian and lies are second nature to you, a trait you need to nurture from early childhood so you can hide behind them but I’m afraid that I am got christian and hence not as gullible as you are used to.

Well, of course you are an experienced troll but I have yet to see you display any inkling of intelligence, I eagerly await you to prove me wrong…

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Yes please feel free to post your lies, it would be interesting to see what lies you can come up with. I realise you are christian and lies are second nature to you, a trait you need to nurture from early childhood so you can hide behind them but I’m afraid that I am got christian and hence not as gullible as you are used to.
Well, of course you are an experienced troll but I have yet to see you display any inkling of intelligence, I eagerly await you to prove me wrong…
"Well, of course you are an experienced troll but I have yet to see you display any inkling of intelligence, I eagerly await you to prove me wrong…"

Lovey, let's get realistic here.

You will accept the opinion of others re intelligence? We know you have issues recognizing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,421 - 162,440 of223,220
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••