Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256095 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#169136 Jun 16, 2013
And Dave proves his Christianity again. As usual he can't keep up with his own lies.

He bashes atheists but then comes crawling to atheists when he needs help with something.

Senile old loser.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists are too stupid to be evil. That is why they are used as tools.

Satan has never been portrayed as dumb, only those who fall under his influence.

That was allegorical, but true.

Henderson, KY

#169137 Jun 16, 2013
Your god stood by and let that god loving and fearing little girl be burned alive as a human sacrifice and Jephthah was rewarded greatly for doing it. He could have stopped it with a word and had two months to do it. But then again your god loves the smell of burning flesh and blood so he must have enjoyed that little girl who loved him screaming as she roasted in his honor.

What a dark god you worship.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>That's called freedom of choice. It was Jephthah who made up the contract.

God did not say "ok Jephthah I will let you win your war but you must then offer your daughter to me as a burnt offering".

Nope it was Jephthah who said "Lord if you let me win this war I will offer up to you the first who walk out of my door when I return"

I would also point out that no where in the bible is this burnt offering of his Daughter ever carried out.

Henderson, KY

#169139 Jun 16, 2013
In senile Dave's world 500 million years, 6000 years? Aw what's the difference?

Lol!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/...

There does appear to be accelerations based upon the modern clock.

Ever been late because of a weak watch battery? Your schedule and its schedule worked on two different time frames.

Measure current rates in change of matter and energy with a weak battery, then do it again with a fresh one. Same watch with the same matter, but the energy levels are different. All past events that far back are measured with the battery you have today.

That's science.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#169140 Jun 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The hours in a day have varied because the rotation speed has changed but, the solar year has remained constant. So the year has remained constant, watches are irrelevant.
Right, i'm not even gonna...never mind!

Hiya Aura!! Remember me?:-)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#169141 Jun 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
In senile Dave's world 500 million years, 6000 years? Aw what's the difference?
Lol!
<quoted text>
BOO!!!:-p

It could be like dog years or something!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169142 Jun 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Jeremiah said The Lord deceived me and I was deceived. The bible admits your god lied. Just accept it.
<quoted text>
you're as nutty as a squirrel turd...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169143 Jun 16, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a good observer.
atheism is evil

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169144 Jun 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Your god stood by and let that god loving and fearing little girl be burned alive as a human sacrifice and Jephthah was rewarded greatly for doing it. He could have stopped it with a word and had two months to do it. But then again your god loves the smell of burning flesh and blood so he must have enjoyed that little girl who loved him screaming as she roasted in his honor.
<quoted text>
you don't believe in GOD! so by your on words it can't be GOD.. So who did that to the little girl???? ATHEIST

Australia

#169145 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you don't umderstand anything about the bible mate... you go to hell for not asking forgiveness of your sins, and not making Jesus Christ the lord of your life... get in a good bible study mate...
I have heard the part about asking for forgiveness to get into heaven. Are you saving up all your horror for your death bed? Because of course you can't keep repeating your sin, that of not turning the other cheek. You can't ask for forgiveness then get back on Topix and keep insulting people. You can't wait for your death bed, then ask God for forgiveness, as you know what you do is wrong, yet you keep doing it. Do you think your fooling your God?
If your an example of someone who loves Jesus Christ all Mighty then I'm not buying.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#169146 Jun 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>So Noah's flood was 500 million years ago?
Do you know what that means?
Nobody was around to see it.
I heard you have a gravitational field around you of 1.2 G's because you're so dense.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#169147 Jun 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Your god stood by and let that god loving and fearing little girl be burned alive as a human sacrifice and Jephthah was rewarded greatly for doing it. He could have stopped it with a word and had two months to do it. But then again your god loves the smell of burning flesh and blood so he must have enjoyed that little girl who loved him screaming as she roasted in his honor.

Prove she was burnt.

Australia

#169148 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you don't believe in GOD! so by your on words it can't be GOD.. So who did that to the little girl???? ATHEIST
Then it would have to be sick, twisted, deluded people that believe in a God, that think there doing Gods work for him. That murder for their imagination, for some sick sense of imagined glory. Ancient people that knew know better, that were frightened when the earth shook, when the moon covered the sun, they did it.

Australia

#169149 Jun 16, 2013
Or it's just a load of rubbish, and didn't happen, but is a story a parable to make people frightened enough to believe in God.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#169150 Jun 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_year
Wade through that the best you can, Auralie.
As you will note near the bottom, there is variation in a solar year. At least 2 minutes by that short chart. That adds up to a lot of time over billions of years. But that is not the point. The observations are based upon periodicity and alignments of the macro and the micro from one point in the whole shebang. In this universe everything is tied together, so the macro, being larger in force, affects the micro. You can't speed the periodicity of an atom unless the mass and energy of the rest of the universe allows it, and you will need to pump extra energy into then to do so, which then has to come from somewhere. You can be in a whirlpool and get the same periodicity, but your motion or distance traveled can be radically different. It gets complicated, but our observations and thus determinations re time are arbitrarily derived.
The axis wobbles but the year is the same amount of time +- a margin of error, so it could be off by a billion years in 13.7 billion ...what of the margin of error? It's still 12.7-14.7 billion years.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#169151 Jun 16, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, i'm not even gonna...never mind!
Hiya Aura!! Remember me?:-)
Hello my little sweet, from out there somewhere.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169152 Jun 16, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard the part about asking for forgiveness to get into heaven. Are you saving up all your horror for your death bed? Because of course you can't keep repeating your sin, that of not turning the other cheek. You can't ask for forgiveness then get back on Topix and keep insulting people. You can't wait for your death bed, then ask God for forgiveness, as you know what you do is wrong, yet you keep doing it. Do you think your fooling your God?
If your an example of someone who loves Jesus Christ all Mighty then I'm not buying.
OK Bro. Clownie rolls eyes at a sissy

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169153 Jun 16, 2013
saidI wrote:
Or it's just a load of rubbish, and didn't happen, but is a story a parable to make people frightened enough to believe in God.
I don't believe you! you sound real dumb

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#169154 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're as nutty as a squirrel turd...
Hi, squirrel turd!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169155 Jun 16, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it would have to be sick, twisted, deluded people that believe in a God, that think there doing Gods work for him. That murder for their imagination, for some sick sense of imagined glory. Ancient people that knew know better, that were frightened when the earth shook, when the moon covered the sun, they did it.
The preceding ignorant post was submitted to the International Museum of Trolls on topix. It should elevate the poor, pathetic, atheist reject to number one contender in the Classless & Pure Garbage category, in this year's World's Major Troll competition. Congratulations!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169156 Jun 16, 2013
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, squirrel turd!
Hey baby!!!!!!!!!! you turds can post with her, but thats it!!!!!!!!! we're boyfriend & girlfriend !!!! do you dukie balls hear me?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min thetruth 40,801
A Universe from Nothing? 12 min IB DaMann 88
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 21 min Mikko 3,772
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr It aint necessari... 16,328
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 8 hr Reason Personified 26
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 12 hr Into The Night 274
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 17 hr _Susan_ 20,620
More from around the web