Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 236,984
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#168822 Jun 13, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
SATAN - Another simple logic problem.
Theologians must agree that, by definition, an omniscient (all-knowing) God would have known that ultimately evil would stalk the world he was creating.
There can be no doubt that evil is here; so God must have foreseen it.
Theologians must likewise agree that an omnibenevolent, all-merciful, God would never inflict pain and suffering on his own purportedly beloved human creations. And finally, they must agree that an omnipotent God would have had the option of creating a world with no evil in it.
Nothing in the entire universe could have prevented him from doing whatever he wanted, since he is omnipotent. So, how did evil arrive on the scene?
Blaming humanity's "free will" won't work. An all-knowing God would know exactly where that "free will" would lead-to evil. So if he didn't want evil to exist, he shouldn't have created free will.
There's no getting around it. If God did not know evil would be in the world, he could not be all-knowing. If he knew there would be evil and chose to allow it, he could not be all-merciful. If he knew there would be evil but could not do anything to prevent it, he could not be all-powerful. If you insist on insisting that God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent, you must then also insist that there is no evil in this world-which of course is nonsense.
True Believers are stuck with this insolvable problem. This "Question of Evil" destroys the argument that posits an all-powerful, all-merciful, all-knowing god.
People blame Satan for the evils of the world, but blaming Satan won't work since an omnipotent God could have created a universe with no Satan in it. God is omnipotent, remember?
Therefore Satan's origins are as impossible to explain as evil.
For Christians, though, the problem is multifaceted. The concept of three beings equaling one God is murky enough. But if you then throw Satan into the mix you've got a real mess. If Satan is a supernatural power, and I think it's fair to say that sponsoring something as spectacular as Hell qualifies someone as a supernatural being, then here's the problem.
If Christians claim Satan exists, they have only two choices:
(1) They must grant that Satan is a deity, bad-ass or otherwise, meaning they no longer may lay claim to monotheism. It's a (minimum) Two-Deity Universe.
(2) They can add Satan to their Holy Trinity, as a Fallen Angel or a Bad Seed or whatever, making their already crowded Trinity burst its seams and sprout a fourth side.
There are no other options if Satan is deemed to possess the awesome powers Christians assign to Him. And Satan's fearsome credentials are firmly established. He is a most inconvenient deity in an ersatz monotheistic Christianity.
Making things worse, and another factor always overlooked, is that Satan has a companion in his sadistic voyeurism-God. Knowing/seeing all things, God will surely witness the same screams of anguish from the souls in Hell that the Devil will witness.
The theological tangle that arises inescapably from the proposition that both God and Satan oversee the unimaginable, endless torment of human souls is quite real and quite insolvable.
Which explins why it is ignored by Christians. When challenged on the point, they are likely respond "Satan enjoys the human agony, while God laments it"
Tears, Sob and Sniff... so the two are not companions in sadistic voyeurism?
Sorry, but that dog won't hunt.
Satan is necessary if you are going to try to reconcile a loving, all-powerful God with an evil world; but God still has to takes the responsibility for the existence of Hell.
I know you copied & pasted that! it would have took you 2 maybe 3 days to have pecked that how...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#168823 Jun 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>ok
Taking orders now? Cool, you can do the floors after that.

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#168824 Jun 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>no
\Then it was who's thinghy?
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#168825 Jun 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I know you copied & pasted that! it would have took you 2 maybe 3 days to have pecked that how...
Obtuse and irrelevant reply.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#168826 Jun 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Actually there are quite a few with the same generic logic and view I have, and the number is growing. You would notice if you got out of your safety zone here. We all can get along. We aren't into "attacking" like your pathology is. What you are seeing is us club you over the head as you attempt to scale the walls. With your limited perspectives and thought processes, you take that as an attack. It is actually protecting you in a way. Mad dogs getting over the wall won't last too long.

You will have a lot of trouble trying to understand that.
How do we join this growing cult of yours?

Do you have a website set up?

You could make a fortune.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#168827 Jun 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Senile old Dave Nelson. You have to pity the poor old guy.
I used to.

But not any more.

He's old enough to know better.
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#168828 Jun 13, 2013
The obvious question:

How can anyone respect those who insist that the bible is truth?

How can we be expected to put up with the bible's use in public ceremonies, with the demands that we respect it or Christianity?

Surely if Christians had intelligence and good intentions, they would want to debunk the bible themselves, to extract from it the modest number of teachings that are kind and to publicly label the rest fables, mythology, legends, superstition and sexism.

Since: Sep 08

Olney Springs, CO

#168829 Jun 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes you have made a jackass out of yourself as usual so we understand.
Take care of that head injury and try to keep yourself in dry unsoiled pants now.
<quoted text>
:-)

I can assume you have never had one of those feelings where you feel someone staring at you, or you get goosebumps out of nowhere.

Am I right?

Olney Springs, CO

#168830 Jun 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we join this growing cult of yours?
Do you have a website set up?
You could make a fortune.
First, you would have to have had experience with going through menstrual cycles. You won't fit that we.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#168831 Jun 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
I can assume you have never had one of those feelings where you feel someone staring at you, or you get goosebumps out of nowhere.
Am I right?
It's called paranoia, and most people ignore it because they know nothing is there.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#168832 Jun 13, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Obtuse and irrelevant reply.
WELL EXCUSE ME !!!!!!!!!!

yo

Olney Springs, CO

#168833 Jun 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called paranoia, and most people ignore it because they know nothing is there.
You must be in bed with GML and answering the phone for him. Would you put him on the line, please?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#168834 Jun 13, 2013
NOT Thinking wrote:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PGVU HeMuHVA/UYDaNgMEJlI/AAAAAAAAAZ M/E0XOJNVz4H4/s1600/proboscis_ monkey.jpg
Clearly not happy with the prospect of Tranny Town Clunt!
<quoted text>
you are one foul mouth piece of crap

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#168835 Jun 13, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
youre PROJECTING bucko,dont you ever learn
very lame post!!!! projecting a atheist word for Im losing!!! yes you are bucko... you just don't know how bad

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#168836 Jun 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be in bed with GML and answering the phone for him. Would you put him on the line, please?
thats funny!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#168837 Jun 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, you talk to me now, son.

Olney Springs, CO

#168838 Jun 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, you talk to me now, son.
Then you must be his mother.

When you two get done, have him give me a call, please.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#168839 Jun 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So you have nothing to counter what I stated, again.

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#168840 Jun 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Call of the limpet !

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#168841 Jun 13, 2013
States Senate Chaplain Richard Halverson. he wrote:

"The fact is, the birth, crucifixion, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ are celebrated worldwide by folk of every race, language, and color, every year. And believing in Jesus, they have been delivered from the most evil, disastrous, frustrating, debilitating habits and life forms possible. The real problem with Jesus Christ is not that folk can't believe in Him--but that they won't believe in Him."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Consequences of Atheism 34 min JesusWasNOTaJew -... 1,163
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr fadu singh 9,265
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Thinking 18,099
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 14,518
News Confessions of a black atheist 2 hr Thinking 66
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr woodtick57 6,485
News 'Duck Dynasty' Star Fantasizes About Atheist Fa... 3 hr DebraE 2
More from around the web