Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,098)

Showing posts 161,941 - 161,960 of223,952
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168641
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The best thing about Bro. Clownie ... HE'S NOT AN ATHEIST. By your brainless posts, The T-Town Clown bets you not only produce meth, but, use most of it yourself. Right? Sure! Another brilliant deduction by the guy (yours truly) who has more correct answers than you knowledge depleted atheists have questions. Go figure!!!
PS- Its you're dumb! not your dumb! you're dumb!
Bro Clownie Grammar nazi! and all around good fellow
George ain't got no game for this kind of social interaction.

Oh! This will help in his other social interactions.

George, put your game face on in the restroom. That lipstick and mascara should get you some fans, eh?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168642
Jun 12, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the young, tender, and juicy morsel doeth speak again. Ripe for the picking.

You have evidently read about sciences and technologies, but I'm not so sure you understand them, and even better, how they really relate to your physical existence, and thus in your view, your total self.

Surely you know about viruses and bacterias, and even external EM emissions that can heavily influence your brain. You can't see a one of them. You wouldn't even know they were there. You just follow their instructions.

just imagine old Dave shrunk down to his essence, with no where to go because there is no god or heaven, just tender juicy morsels all puffed up like you walking around. And you have his full attention. And he is getting old and ready to discard his old body.

There is a principle of physics you don't realize the import of. The seeking of equilibrium, the steady state. Run a charge of electricity through a coil and you get a magnetic field. Disconnect the charge and the field collapses in the opposite direction, as does a spurt of current. You have a shadow of what was. It can continue if it has someplace to go. We all came from a blob, did we not? There is a place for it to go if it knows how. This applies to all matter and energy you are aware of. It is a basic principle of physics.

Then it can hover over your shoulder, looking for the best place to land, to manifest itself to a degree. It doesn't need the physical body to experience life again. Those physical bodies are noisy and painful things. It just sits there observing and switching the controls. Kind of a reality TV thing. Uncensored.

Human bodies are at least seeds for a new consciousness form. That would make you a piece of meat exposed to more developed consciousnesses in search of something to occupy their time. All alone, with nothing to protect it. And screaming out for attention.

You can't protect yourself. As a physical creature you are designed to look forward. You can stand and look around, but when you start walking you can't watch your back. Your projections leave a big hole behind you to be filled.

You won't understand a bit of that. You will just whistle and project more.

Yummy.
Wow.

That was a lot of words.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168643
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor George, I think I understnd why he is so anti-religion. He has a communication problem and is frustrated. Those guys walking by him in the restrooms while he was on his knees probably thought he was praying. Oh, if they only knew the love he has for his fellow man.
George, make like a goldfish while doing that, some may get the hint.
thats hilarious!!! Dave has skills/game... get ya some knee pads george!!!!! and get you sign that tells your gents please don't pull my big ol ears...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168644
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
That was a lot of words.
Wore your lips out reading them?
Boston George

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168645
Jun 12, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor George, I think I understnd why he is so anti-religion. He has a communication problem and is frustrated. Those guys walking by him in the restrooms while he was on his knees probably thought he was praying. Oh, if they only knew the love he has for his fellow man.
George, make like a goldfish while doing that, some may get the hint.
Dave, you're trying so hard, I guess you should get credit for that. Making up bathroom stories is a pretty weak offensive, but it's something anyway, and you definitely are trying hard. You really should be better at this though, since you've devoted such a huge amount of your life over the past 3 years participating in a forum where 90 percent of the people have contrary beliefs and who see you as a blowhard buffoon. Yet you keep coming back for your daily beatings... for THREE YEARS!

I'm curious as to why a Christian such as yourself would spend so much time on a Atheist forum. I once went on the Catholic forum for about an hour once, just to fuck with them, but it grew old quickly. I guess different people come to Topix for many reasons. But what kind of person spends the majority of his waking hours on a forum where 90 percent of the people have contrary views and opinions, and where most of them hate him and think he's a fool? I mean, I could see doing it for an hour or so just for shits and giggles, but you've devoted your life to trying to make people hate you. And I have to say, at least you've been successful at something.
Imhotep

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168647
Jun 12, 2013
 
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Im betting on mine.. you're betting agaist my lord.. we will see
I'm not betting. You are. ;)

You anticipate and pray for immortality...
I don't.

You spend a portion of your life supporting this belief...
I don't waste any time on superstition.

I have better things to do than pretend to be a slave of some imaginary thing.

I won't lie to myself - You must lie to yourself in order to abandon reason.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168648
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Patriot wrote:
Atheism was ruled to be a religion (it is a belief system with followers)- research it.
Atheism is defined as not being a religion - research it.
1. Atheism denies the existence of the GOD of Heaven and His claims upon man.
nope, atheism does not.

lol - why are theist so incredibly .. just.. stupid?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168649
Jun 12, 2013
 
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you
You don't believe it because you don't read and understand the bible. When I first started reading the bible, it was very confusing but now that I've got it all figured out, it's all so simple. You also need to make sure you're reading an accurate translation, that is crucial. I recommend the OKJV.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168650
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not betting. You are. ;)
You anticipate and pray for immortality...
I don't.
You spend a portion of your life supporting this belief...
I don't waste any time on superstition.
I have better things to do than pretend to be a slave of some imaginary thing.
I won't lie to myself - You must lie to yourself in order to abandon reason.
yeah you are betting!!!!!!! you are just to dumb to know the odds!!!!!! 100% christians go to heaven 0% of atheist go to heaven... 100% atheist go to hell look it up

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168651
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is defined as not being a religion - research it.
<quoted text>
nope, atheism does not.
lol - why are theist so incredibly .. just.. stupid?
atheist= a small % of knuckle-heads...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168652
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is defined as not being a religion - research it.
<quoted text>
nope, atheism does not.
lol - why are theist so incredibly .. just.. stupid?
http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

now what were you saying?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168653
Jun 12, 2013
 
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe it because you don't read and understand the bible. When I first started reading the bible, it was very confusing but now that I've got it all figured out, it's all so simple. You also need to make sure you're reading an accurate translation, that is crucial. I recommend the OKJV.
So now you're psychic too.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168654
Jun 12, 2013
 
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>yeah you are betting!!!!!!! you are just to dumb to know the odds!!!!!! 100% christians go to heaven 0% of atheist go to heaven... 100% atheist go to hell look it up
But the christian god is one in thousands, that means you have a 0.00001% chance of picking to correct one.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168655
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe it because you don't read and understand the bible. When I first started reading the bible, it was very confusing but now that I've got it all figured out, it's all so simple. You also need to make sure you're reading an accurate translation, that is crucial. I recommend the OKJV.
you have the bible figured out huh????? BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASNORTSH AHAHAHAHAFARTSHAHAHAHAYOHAHAHA YOHAHAHAYOFARTSHAHAHA!!!!!! I've laughed till my balls hurt...

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168656
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But the christian god is one in thousands, that means you have a 0.00001% chance of picking to correct one.
jn 14-6 thats the one for me

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168657
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not betting. You are. ;)
You anticipate and pray for immortality...
I don't.
You spend a portion of your life supporting this belief...
I don't waste any time on superstition.
I have better things to do than pretend to be a slave of some imaginary thing.
I won't lie to myself - You must lie to yourself in order to abandon reason.
Back by popular demand ... it's your personal guiding light,Bro. Clownie Here to help the totally pathetic lost souls of the world like Imhotep to be able to...
Walk and chew gum at the same time
Think their way out of a wet paper bag
Not to show his stupidity all in one post
Not to pee in your pants while in a bathroom
Not to try and drown a fish
Not to have a brainstorm when your brain is only equipped for a drizzle.
Not to open a Milky Way candy bar looking for planet Earth.
Not to have to look in a mirror to see if your eyes are open.
Not have to ask anyone if you're dead, or alive ... when everyone knows you're dead!
Not to waste your money on a solar powered flashlight.
Not to let you take a rocket ship ride to the Sun at night because you think it wouldn't be as hot as a daylight flight.

...yes, Professor Clownie is here to steer you drifty, brainless twits from self-destruction in the super-massive black hole of Dumb @ss.

Ihop uhh Imhoted, you can stand and applaud! Yes, stand means to get up off your dead @ss!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168658
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Boston George wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, you're trying so hard, I guess you should get credit for that. Making up bathroom stories is a pretty weak offensive, but it's something anyway, and you definitely are trying hard. You really should be better at this though, since you've devoted such a huge amount of your life over the past 3 years participating in a forum where 90 percent of the people have contrary beliefs and who see you as a blowhard buffoon. Yet you keep coming back for your daily beatings... for THREE YEARS!
I'm curious as to why a Christian such as yourself would spend so much time on a Atheist forum. I once went on the Catholic forum for about an hour once, just to fuck with them, but it grew old quickly. I guess different people come to Topix for many reasons. But what kind of person spends the majority of his waking hours on a forum where 90 percent of the people have contrary views and opinions, and where most of them hate him and think he's a fool? I mean, I could see doing it for an hour or so just for shits and giggles, but you've devoted your life to trying to make people hate you. And I have to say, at least you've been successful at something.
I'm here for a variety of reasons. Primarily to let you and others show your stuff.

It's not the atheists I have the problem with, it is the quality of personality that claims to be such nowadays.

Plus it has recreational aspects.

So you think 90% of those on here are "right" headed?

That is like saying 90 mental patients in a ward with 10 staff are right.

I'm not surprised you would think so.

Georgy, you are pretty weak, sincerely.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168660
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Poor Topix atheists. They are so clueless about their "non-belief". It reflects their lack of understanding and a certain difficulty in understanding language. This does appear to be a hardwired issue in their brains. Their neural nets are incapable of making associations beyond literal translations. One reason they have such trouble grasping allegories and metaphors. They can't collate the thoughts, ideas, and perceptions the normal human mind can do in an instant. Keeps them stuck on stupid.

If they weren't so juvenile and obnoxious they would be more pitiable.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168661
Jun 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Non-belief in the supernatural or metaphysical, which is where religions reside, is a religion.

Their limited mental development makes them blind to that.

Now watch the juvenile sounding retorts.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168662
Jun 12, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor Topix atheists. They are so clueless about their "non-belief". It reflects their lack of understanding and a certain difficulty in understanding language. This does appear to be a hardwired issue in their brains. Their neural nets are incapable of making associations beyond literal translations. One reason they have such trouble grasping allegories and metaphors. They can't collate the thoughts, ideas, and perceptions the normal human mind can do in an instant. Keeps them stuck on stupid.
If they weren't so juvenile and obnoxious they would be more pitiable.
So then your bibles are all myth. Glad you see that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161,941 - 161,960 of223,952
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 21 min Patrick 21,375
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 2 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 3 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 4 hr Patrick 4
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 12 hr NightSerf 1
•••
•••