Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#166362 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The bible,creation,miracles,billio ns of believers,my chruch,my pastor,my sunday school,12 men/disciples preached the gospel 2000 yrs ago and now we have billions that believe Jesus Christ is LORD. All but one was put to a horrible death in his name! if it wasn't true they would have been saying hey guys I was just joking!! I don't believe he was the son of GOD.. Im on your side give me a break boys, can't a guy clown around GEE-WHIZ... they died like men and said Jesus Christ is lord... this are just a few !!!!! there are tons more reasons..... I feel when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior! was the best choice I ever made... I will never regret it this I know...
No, Clownie.

A bunch of self-contradictory folk tales don't really count.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#166363 May 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, Clownie.
A bunch of self-contradictory folk tales don't really count.
its all good to me! its your choice mac

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166364 May 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
First prove there is a god and webcam go from there. Again you make the assertion so it is upon you to back it up.
<quoted text>
its not up to me I already believe! its up to you to find GOD not everybody will...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166365 May 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes like when Jesus told children at his feet the end of the world would come before some of them died.... Oops he failed miserably.
<quoted text>
nobody knows the end of time... please don't lie... 1 cor 2-14 sez you don't understand the word

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#166366 May 31, 2013
You mean it's up to me to self delude myself.

That's okay I would rather live in reality but enjoy your delusion all you wish.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>its not up to me I already believe! its up to you to find GOD not everybody will...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166367 May 31, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you're apparently a self confirmed Bible expert perhaps you can explain these verses?
TO WHAT PURPOSE WITH ANY LOVING GOD GIVE THIS ADVICE?
" Happy the one who takes and dashes
Your little ones against the rock! "
-- Psalm 137.9.
Did Jesus lie or was it John?
ALL CHRISTIANS LIE THIS MUST BE HOW THEY LEARNED IT
" Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father."
--John 14.12
Come on Christians, let's see a few miracles – walking on water, perhaps, or raising the dead?!
Ignorant or lying angel?
ANGELS SHOULD GET EVERYTHING PERFECT
"The Lord God shall give him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever and of his kingdom there shall be no end." – Luke 1.32.33.
Hmm. Did Jesus ever get to reign over the house of Jacob? NO!
Obedient slaves are righteous
SLAVERY IS AN ABOMINATION
"Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves ... obedience leads to righteousness?"
– Romans 6.16.
Simple-minded -
JEALOUS GOD ? YOU MUST BE KIDDING
"I am jealous over you ... I fear your minds be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."
– 2 Corinthians 11.2-3.
"I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create EVIL. I the LORD do all these things."
– Isaiah 45.7.
Puerile God
"If ye will not give glory unto my name saith the LORD ... I will spread dung upon your faces."
– Malachi 2.2,3.
Making "every thought captive."
FEAR OF KNOWLEDGE
"For the weapons of our warfare are casting down imaginations ... and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."
– St Paul, 2 Corinthians 10.4,5.
Please provide your most godly biblical answer.
Allah willing - yours in Christ - Shalom - HariKrishna!
get in a good sunday school.. and ask your dumb questions!!!! you need help in understanding the holy word of our lord Jesus Christ... get help and not on topix

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166368 May 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
That's okay I would rather live in reality but enjoy your delusion all you wish.
<quoted text>
thanks liberty!!!! I will...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166369 May 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is not in your heart, no amount of proof will satisfy you. Like I have the power to have God log on to this blog. God the Father is spirit, not flesh and blood. He is the light that people see when their spirits are departing this world for their judgment. Don't fret, little lost one ... you'll be seeing it one day! Have a good one ... ya hear!?

Yours Truly
Bro. Clownie

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#166370 May 31, 2013
I always have a great one laughing at you pitiful deluded people. You sheep are meant to be herded.

Thanks for the laughs puppet.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>If God is not in your heart, no amount of proof will satisfy you. Like I have the power to have God log on to this blog. God the Father is spirit, not flesh and blood. He is the light that people see when their spirits are departing this world for their judgment. Don't fret, little lost one ... you'll be seeing it one day! Have a good one ... ya hear!?

Yours Truly
Bro. Clownie

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#166371 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> If God is not in your heart, no amount of proof will satisfy you. Like I have the power to have God log on to this blog. God the Father is spirit, not flesh and blood. He is the light that people see when their spirits are departing this world for their judgment. Don't fret, little lost one ... you'll be seeing it one day! Have a good one ... ya hear!?
Yours Truly
Bro. Clownie
Oh great, another religious liar with no proof of god, high on cocaine and with access to keyboard.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166372 May 31, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
i wold like you to support each of your claims as a historian and take into account culture, lifestyle, historical data before you assert that each of these statements you are making is valid in the way you are putting it. all one has to do to dismiss this poorly made slavery argument is to understand how things worked back then.
I see you like to twist and spin it as you go. Apologetics at it's finest.

Location hidden

#166373 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Science can't tell you if its gonna rain in three days
Even your hallucinated god can't tell you that. But as you probably say, the devil is in the details.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166374 May 31, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
also, one more thing. do you know what roman law was when it came to slaves? runaway, you die. harbor a slave, you die. free too many slaves, you get punished. so would it have been moral of paul to harbor a slave and get both him and the slave killed? mind you, paul asked him to return, and gave a letter pleading for his forgiveness, and also stating that he would take care of things for him. so in this case, paul did whaat was best given his situation. second, jesus didnt mention anything about slaves becase for as much as jesus said things that riled up the crowd of his time, he was very keen on not getting into political issues before the time was right, because the last thing you want to do is upset the roman law. second, slavery or some form of slavery was common during all timeperiods in all parts of the world. the lack of slavery in any given part of the world does not negate anything that ive said seeing as that it is just a side pointand does not further your argument.
Soooo, basically you're saying that Jeebus, Son of GAWD had no cajones?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166375 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! you can't
No more than you can disprove the invisible pink unicorn that lives in my back yard....putz.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166376 May 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of text but no proof of god. Let the liars continue..
Yes, first one has to assume that the bible is true and then one can pick and choose, interpret and reinterprate. It seems that the man Jesus (whom he can't even prove the existance of) was more than content to just go with the flow and not upset the status quo. For a son of an "Almighty God", he seems rather timid and bland don't you think?
Joe dugooder

Spencer, MA

#166377 May 31, 2013
Everybody believes in god!

Www.newdrivewaypaving.com

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166378 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you do and no you don't.
Sorry, Clownie but you, like millions before, have proven yourselves to be constant liars. No one should believe a proven constant liar.
You are doing more harm to Christianity than any non-believer ever could.
Please continue. With your help, Christianity will go the way of the Clan of the Cave Bear.
He's almost as good as the Westborro Baptist Church at making people draw back at the foolishness of religion.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166379 May 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great, another religious liar with no proof of god, high on cocaine and with access to keyboard.
Wrong again, Sapphire! Yours truly comes from a long line of intelligent beings, that God put on the face of the Earth to keep the low-life losers, heathen scumbags, and brainless twits like you
from hurting themselves. and you're in that category! Also, standing up to moral decadence, and twisted stupidity.

Bro. Clownie

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166380 May 31, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
He's almost as good as the Westborro Baptist Church at making people draw back at the foolishness of religion.
Stop being such a whiner/cry-baby

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166381 May 31, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No more than you can disprove the invisible pink unicorn that lives in my back yard....putz.
WOW you're dumb

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 4 min Frindly 965
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 20 min Into The Night 32,307
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 25 min Into The Night 77,183
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 25 min Frindly 1,102
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 6 hr yehoshooah adam 4,340
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... Wed Roec 1
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web