Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
159,441 - 159,460 of 226,505 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#166044 May 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Meaning they couldn't restore them after your head injured self chopped them off?
<quoted text>
I chopped them up, not off. Missing meat and some knuckle. The ER doctor had me transported 130 miles to the nearest hospital with a hand surgeon, as he expected them to come off. Their ER was swamped that night, so they just sewed things back together the best they could. Too far to go for followup. They discharged me around midnight into 40 degree weather with a 40 mph wind, wearing just a sweatshirt and jeans. My car was 150 miles away. A nice neighbor drove all that way to pick me up.

Took me three days before I unbandaged and looked at them expecting to see green. They came out pretty good considering. I'm a good healer. Good ER doctor that did the sewing, too.

I was drilling holes in tiny pieces of sheet metal the next day. The nick I got in my finger on the other hand was more distracting than the chopped up finger. Used the saw again within the first week. With a certain enhanced respect for its abilities.

The chip guard had a habit of falling down. I had just finished my cuts and was pulling away over the top of the blade, which was even with the top of the rip fence, when it fell, knocking my fingers into the blade. The rip fence kept my fingers from getting chopped off.

Just another mistake in life I escaped and learned something from. You would have cried and railed against the saw manufacturer. No way would you believe you could do something stupid like that. Your stupidity is expressed in other ways.

Location hidden

#166045 May 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligence never intimidates me.
Do you use lube?
Ignorance is bliss, eh?
Imhotep

Fayetteville, NC

#166046 May 26, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>how about forgetting every known belief system; including humanism too?
the names change but the actions never do.
nature made me perfect; so why a need for a re-dress under the organization of humanism?
its ONE MYSTERY, unio mystica, ONE LAW,
Humanism respects all life
It has no bias based on religious nonsense.
It has created no laws based on religious nonsense
It affirms decent human behavior without the need of an imaginary friend.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#166047 May 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorance is bliss, eh?
You sure seem happy.

Is the sex good?
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#166048 May 26, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Humanism respects all life
It has no bias based on religious nonsense.
it has bias based on belief and corruptible.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>It has created no laws based on religious nonsense
it has formalized ideas that it considers as foundational to it's cause
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>It affirms decent human behavior without the need of an imaginary friend.
most organized belief systems do before you have the high priests trying to create hierarchies and the pretense of them being friendly and knowledgeable.

you're just another proselytizer for the cause going by another label

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166049 May 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is bliss, eh?
Let's hope you're not typing while drilling holes, or sawing, or something like that.

And if you are, keep the cigarette between you lips--don't grab it, the ashes will drop down due to the theory of gravity.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#166050 May 26, 2013
:)) lmfao!
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.

Dave and buck show up together again.

Q'elle surprise!

Taking a break from the honeymoon sex?

Where's bongo? Both hands busy?
Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

#166051 May 26, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>it has bias based on belief and corruptible.
<quoted text>it has formalized ideas that it considers as foundational to it's cause
<quoted text>most organized belief systems do before you have the high priests trying to create hierarchies and the pretense of them being friendly and knowledgeable.
you're just another proselytizer for the cause going by another label
I see you remain engaged in a courageous battle with literacy albeit profoundly challenged by fact, reality, reason and common sense.

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum !

Location hidden

#166052 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's hope you're not typing while drilling holes, or sawing, or something like that.
And if you are, keep the cigarette between you lips--don't grab it, the ashes will drop down due to the theory of gravity.
Ever pull the skin off your lip from the filter of a cigarette getting stuck to it? Why I try not to do anything requiring lots of focus without a cigarette stuck in my mouth. It hurts.

BTW, wind and blasts of air from machinery will overcome that gravity. You get ashes in your eyes or up your nose.

Lexington, KY

#166053 May 26, 2013
And how could you possibly know what I would or wouldn't do?

The interesting thing is I have a proper education that involved using those devil books which you decry. You on the other hand hurt yourself including head injuries as a way of learning. So what is the result when we compare the two?

I repeatedly factually prove you wrong, while you think there is such a thing as topix atheists yet can't even name one.

But that's okay Dave, you George Burns on in here with your incorrect data all the time only for it to get proven wrong time after time.

So again who exactly is a topix atheist again? Head injury slowing your ability to answer I guess.

:)). Lmfao!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Just another mistake in life I escaped and learned something from. You would have cried and railed against the saw manufacturer. No way would you believe you could do something stupid like that. Your stupidity is expressed in other ways.

Lexington, KY

#166054 May 26, 2013
.... Insert Dave and Buck honeymoon joke here.... Fart bubbles strikes again!

Crazy ole Dave, always good for a laugh eh?

Lmfao!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Ever pull the skin off your lip from the filter of a cigarette getting stuck to it? Why I try not to do anything requiring lots of focus without a cigarette stuck in my mouth. It hurts.

BTW, wind and blasts of air from machinery will overcome that gravity. You get ashes in your eyes or up your nose.

Location hidden

#166055 May 26, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you remain engaged in a courageous battle with literacy albeit profoundly challenged by fact, reality, reason and common sense.
Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum !
You are amusing.

You are a little bubble of bullshit spinning around in a vast universe peeking out a little portal at it as it spins and gets bumped around faster than you can keep track of it.

And you know "the truth". Because someone told you it was truth.

You have a real issue. You believe the overwhelming mass of humanity is wrong on their religious beliefs. You got "informed". "Clued in" by a few of that mass. All of whom are doing the same spinning around.

Of course this is reinforced by anger issues within you.

I mentioned earlier how Topix atheists all read from the same script, while theists have varying perceptions of the "reality" of existence. Topix atheists "just exist", and are very parochial in their worldview..

Those other spinning bubbles made you their slave. It is YOUR existence, and you let others rob you of what you can experience in it.

Sucker.

Location hidden

#166056 May 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And how could you possibly know what I would or wouldn't do?
The interesting thing is I have a proper education that involved using those devil books which you decry. You on the other hand hurt yourself including head injuries as a way of learning. So what is the result when we compare the two?
I repeatedly factually prove you wrong, while you think there is such a thing as topix atheists yet can't even name one.
But that's okay Dave, you George Burns on in here with your incorrect data all the time only for it to get proven wrong time after time.
So again who exactly is a topix atheist again? Head injury slowing your ability to answer I guess.
:)). Lmfao!
<quoted text>
Young puppy, you don't have the makings to "prove" anything to anyone. You just don't have the life experience. Some formal education, but that is just a stepping stone to learning, and is just indoctrination if you don't use it to learn further.

You ain't even house broke yet. You go around pooping and peeing wherever you feel like because you haven't learned it stinks and isn't healthy in the long run.

Difficult training creatures like you nowadays. The digital age has made newspapers and magazines harder to find and use properly.
Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

#166057 May 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are amusing.
You are a little bubble of bullshit spinning around in a vast universe peeking out a little portal at it as it spins and gets bumped around faster than you can keep track of it.
You have a real issue. You believe the overwhelming mass of humanity is wrong on their religious beliefs. You got "informed". "Clued in" by a few of that mass. All of whom are doing the same spinning around.
I mentioned earlier how Topix atheists all read from the same script, while theists have varying perceptions of the "reality" of existence. Topix atheists "just exist", and are very parochial in their worldview..
Those other spinning bubbles made you their slave. It is YOUR existence, and you let others rob you of what you can experience in it.
Sucker.
That wheel of yours is spinning furiously but the poor hamster died long ago.

Lexington, KY

#166058 May 26, 2013
Dave must have been sniffing fart bubbles again as he can't stop talking about bubbles.

Aw poor Dave is reduced to using the band wagon logical fallacy! They must have brought that up in his church today. And again what is a topix atheis Dave? Has anyone met a topix atheist?

Poor old Dave must be going senile.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You are amusing.

Sucker.

Lexington, KY

#166059 May 26, 2013
Well Senile Dave for all your Grandpa Simpson like rambling I notice you were unable to answer my question....

Oh... the rambling was your way of trying to change the subject because your facts couldn't win out.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Young puppy, you don't have the makings to "prove" anything to anyone. You just don't have the life experience. Some formal education, but that is just a stepping stone to learning, and is just indoctrination if you don't use it to learn further.

You ain't even house broke yet. You go around pooping and peeing wherever you feel like because you haven't learned it stinks and isn't healthy in the long run.

Difficult training creatures like you nowadays. The digital age has made newspapers and magazines harder to find and use properly.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166060 May 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are amusing.
Sucker.
I think that the various perceptions are an indictment against religion, not for it. It's like saying "all you 'normal' people think the earth is made of rock, but the people in the psych ward have 97 completely different opinions on the make up of the earth. Some even think it's hollow! True free thinkers!"

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166061 May 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever pull the skin off your lip from the filter of a cigarette getting stuck to it? Why I try not to do anything requiring lots of focus without a cigarette stuck in my mouth. It hurts.
I guess I'm just lucky I don't smoke or use that sort of machinery.

Location hidden

#166062 May 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Dave must have been sniffing fart bubbles again as he can't stop talking about bubbles.
Aw poor Dave is reduced to using the band wagon logical fallacy! They must have brought that up in his church today. And again what is a topix atheis Dave? Has anyone met a topix atheist?
Poor old Dave must be going senile.
<quoted text>
You are a Topix atheist. Dumb and proud of it, and eager to show it off.

Hey, Peewee, do you know what the difference between you and a redneck plumber is?

His knowledge is more useful than what you know, and people listen to him. He is much more important to society than you.

But that won't stop your incessant yapping.

Location hidden

#166063 May 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well Senile Dave for all your Grandpa Simpson like rambling I notice you were unable to answer my question....
Oh... the rambling was your way of trying to change the subject because your facts couldn't win out.
<quoted text>
Perhaps your questions are as inconsequential to my existence as you are?

Yip yip yap yap. Squirt.

Luckily Topix is self cleaning. Your expressions of self fade away in a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 14 min Patrick 436
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 19 min Patrick 13
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 37 min Dak-Original 21,516
The myth of the angry atheist 2 hr Thinking 2
The Ultimate Evidence of God 2 hr Thinking 67
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom Sat religionislies 58
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! Sat Patrick 7
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••