Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,970)

Showing posts 159,381 - 159,400 of216,186
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Hence fundies will think that christians in other churches will go to hell.
More liberal christians will think that they are all the same. Of course it doesnt add up, cause you would think the same God would give a consistent message. As I pointed out to Muq, it is within the power of an all powerful God, to implant the same gospel message to everyone across every time and place, so everyone could understand clearly what is the correct religion. As this doesnt happen is proof of God being imaginary.
not necessarily. It could indicate a very inefficient or a sadistic God. or even an amoral one like a cat playing without a mouse - maybe unaware of the suffering it caused.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

I just started two threads - one about the god that is, and one about the god that definately is not. The others are all iffy, I think, though I do not believe in any of them.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Religion is ones personal choice, So therefore I can't give you a truthful response. But in my opinion anyone who takes time to focus their beliefs is a religion in itself :)

visit my blog:http://tinyurl.com/nmzfkn 7
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Why would an all powerful god be concerned about gay sex of a lower species? Is god hoping his mum doesn't see him crack one out?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

It must be because heaven is a big sausage fest. Not a single female angel in the bible... Think about it.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Why would an all powerful god be concerned about gay sex of a lower species? Is god hoping his mum doesn't see him crack one out?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

It says cower... Wow you are really desperate. Or are you seeing things wrong through your tears? No shame in you once again being stumped by your betters.

It happens all the time.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Tower away? What do you mean tower away?

I'm so sorry, your highness, that I didn't respond to you immediately and at the time of your choosing...

What the hell difference does it make if I respond to you in two seconds or two days?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
It must be because heaven is a big sausage fest. Not a single female angel in the bible... Think about it.
<quoted text>
Angels are sexless. I take it they are considered both or none. Maybe they're hermaphrodites?
White Trash Ho hater

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
Christianity is based on death. It promises us eternal life in heaven, and reduces it's adherents to a bunch of forlock-tugging, self-pitying people who believe that they are "unworthy" because of their inherent sinfulness.
This philosophy completely overshadows the enjoyment of life.
What else does it do? It opresses women and denies them equality with men, it persecutes homosexuals and it terrifies little children like Curtis Lowe.
Wait a minute - there's more: It represses scientific research and promotes superstition and the worship of an imaginary god while all the time, condemning mortal man.
It's time that religion was kicked out of the public square and back where it belongs - in the minds of the ignorant and gullible.
try as much you want you possessed demon... Religion will never go away or be pushed to the side for freaks like you. Talk about intolerance your bunch of wackos are a bunch of cry babies and only want ppl to believe the way you all do. That will neverrrrrrrr happen hahaha.
Imhotep

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

White Trash Ho hater wrote:
<quoted text> try as much you want you possessed demon... Religion will never go away or be pushed to the side for freaks like you. Talk about intolerance your bunch of wackos are a bunch of cry babies and only want ppl to believe the way you all do. That will neverrrrrrrr happen hahaha.
You are too funny!

Almost as funny as your religion and its Bible!

Here is why! crack open a Gideons and check this out.

Today’s scholars can only use the known, that is historical reigning Roman Emperors as a reference in determining dates.

So, since your Bible clearly and unambiguously claims that Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the King, then he, Jesus, had to have been born no later than 4 B.C.

Irony meter goes boom!

Jesus could only have been born a minimum of four years before the birth of Jesus?

After you stop laughing though, consider the import of this paradox.

I live my life so that when my feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders in fear, and says "OH For Christ's sake... he's awake!"

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Angels are not human. Adam was not an hermaphrodite and neither are the angels. Adam had a male form, even before his rib was removed to make himself a procreating partner and helpmate.

You would know , since you were there to inspect his body parts.
Want to explain how removing a rib makes you capable of reproduction?
Troll science lesson huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
White Trash Ho hater

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

DebJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your apology but I resent that it turned into a sermon. I know you didn't intend to insult me again but I will not tolerate your pushing your beliefs (unasked for) every single time you post.
Let's leave it right here.
just go to show how rude and intolerant these things are. Must have grown up with some ppl that didn't teach manners.
White Trash Ho hater

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too funny!
Almost as funny as your religion and its Bible!
Here is why! crack open a Gideons and check this out.
Today’s scholars can only use the known, that is historical reigning Roman Emperors as a reference in determining dates.
So, since your Bible clearly and unambiguously claims that Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the King, then he, Jesus, had to have been born no later than 4 B.C.
Irony meter goes boom!
Jesus could only have been born a minimum of four years before the birth of Jesus?
After you stop laughing though, consider the import of this paradox.
I live my life so that when my feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders in fear, and says "OH For Christ's sake... he's awake!"
I was raised with King James Version of the Bible. Family, God and my country. That's what I believe in so don't push your beliefs on me or should I say non beliefs.
Imhotep

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

White Trash Ho hater wrote:
<quoted text>I was raised with King James Version of the Bible. Family, God and my country. That's what I believe in so don't push your beliefs on me or should I say non beliefs.
Then why are you in atheist forums?
What is your purpose here?
Do you hope to convert someone?
You won't, your wasting your time.

If you want to learn something this is a good place.

I've given you something from the book you were raised in...explain it please. Ask your clergy.

Also you cannot 'push' a belief that you don't have!

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.--Exodus 33:23

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Because your gay sex is not part of his design. If your car did not run, would you let it sit there or take it to the shop to be fixed so it could run like it was designed to run.
Jesus made it clear and it was a powerful message. When the fig tree failed to produce and function as it was designed to, Jesus cursed it. When Noah built the Ark, who brought in two of a kind, male and female, because that is proper functionality.
LOL

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Because your gay sex is not part of his design. If your car did not run, would you let it sit there or take it to the shop to be fixed so it could run like it was designed to run.

Jesus made it clear and it was a powerful message. When the fig tree failed to produce and function as it was designed to, Jesus cursed it. When Noah built the Ark, who brought in two of a kind, male and female, because that is proper functionality.
The fig tree that "failed to produce" was not in season.

You'd think the son of god would know that.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

He must have been ahem,( special )
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>The fig tree that "failed to produce" was not in season.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The fig tree that "failed to produce" was not in season.
But if he was the son of god, he knew it would not produce when the season came.

HairyBetty, what strikes me as comical is that atheists insist on more biblical literalism than theists.

Always looking for those technicalities.

Both atheists and christians are obsessed with God.

It is an ego trip - in both cases.

Christianity developed from taking the wisdom of a special man, Jesus, and weaving it into yarns that require material, like blood, sin, hell, a man-like god on a throne, etc.

That's material faith. Entirely egoic.

The atheist thinks there is nothing but material. Material is his god. What he thinks he knows, what he holds in his hand, these are god.

Fundamentally, it is the same error - the error of substituting form for the formless; describing and explaining, or explaining away, what cannot be described or explained.

Lesson for the day.

Live long and prosper. I will not pray for you. Praying is also part of form.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
He must have been ahem,( special )
<quoted text>
You are special, GiveMeLiberace.

A special fuckingIdiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Thanks, Falice.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

You got a thing for Liberace fatboy?

Whatever gets you through I guess.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>You are special, GiveMeLiberace.

A special fuckingIdiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 159,381 - 159,400 of216,186
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••