Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244633 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165925 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I accept your surrender.
<quoted text>
Seriously?

Because I didn't repost the link I just gave you yesterday, 2 whole pages ago? Is your ADD that bad?

Ok, here(again):

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165926 May 23, 2013
No it would show a solidarity and unity on the so called Christian beliefs and path to heaven.

What with there being thousands of Christian denominations alone and each one claiming they and they alone have it right it creates mass confusion so badly it's hilarious. It would be like if we had thousands of theories of gravity.

The bible says god sent these prophets and performed magic tricks oops miracles to clearly demonstrate the proper way and keep his people on the right path. Even for minor variations god throws a fit. Yet now we have thousands of Christian denominations alone and all of them teaching much different things from each other and god shrugs his shoulders and allows it?

If so he either doesn't exist, doesn't care about billions choosing the wrong christian denomination or the bible lied.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If there was only one, then the atheist idea that there is no free will would be true.

But since there are so many different forms of Christianity (amongst other religions and non-religions), that shoots out your idea, now doesn't it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165927 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No it would show a solidarity and unity on the so called Christian beliefs and path to heaven.
What with there being thousands of Christian denominations alone and each one claiming they and they alone have it right it creates mass confusion so badly it's hilarious. It would be like if we had thousands of theories of gravity.
The bible says god sent these prophets and performed magic tricks oops miracles to clearly demonstrate the proper way and keep his people on the right path. Even for minor variations god throws a fit. Yet now we have thousands of Christian denominations alone and all of them teaching much different things from each other and god shrugs his shoulders and allows it?
If so he either doesn't exist, doesn't care about billions choosing the wrong christian denomination or the bible lied.
<quoted text>
I don't know, but I think that God wouldn't care if there's three or 300 or 3 million different denominations, so long as we worship Him I think He be happy. That's what He wants, and that's what He's getting.

What's the problem?

Lexington, KY

#165928 May 23, 2013
In that case you have never read the bible. Start there ditch digger, you are so ignorant.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know, but I think that God wouldn't care if there's three or 300 or 3 million different denominations, so long as we worship Him I think He be happy. That's what He wants, and that's what He's getting.

What's the problem?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#165929 May 24, 2013
Not really.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call them 'sects'?
Have you ever bothered to really find out why there are so many?
The statistic of Christian denominations takes into consideration cultural distinctions of denominations in different countries, so there is overlapping of many denominations. Although many of the are exactly the same, they still wanna be unique. I don't know why.
There are really only three basic types of Christian, Roman Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox. All the other 41,000-ish are offshoots of those three and have the same basic core beliefs.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#165930 May 24, 2013
So why is your all powerful god supposedly so obsessed with bottoms?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, but I think that God wouldn't care if there's three or 300 or 3 million different denominations, so long as we worship Him I think He be happy. That's what He wants, and that's what He's getting.
What's the problem?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#165931 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the problem?
You keep lying about god with out presenting any evidence.

When asked for evidence, you attack atheists and scientists instead of manning up and admitting that you're a dishonest, wholly innefective liar here to spread your ignorant hate-cult.

Lexington, KY

#165932 May 24, 2013
Not really is being very kind. There are Christian churches that believe and teach doctrines that are night and day different.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Not really.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#165933 May 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Not really is being very kind. There are Christian churches that believe and teach doctrines that are night and day different.
<quoted text>
Agree. Hence fundies will think that christians in other churches will go to hell.

More liberal christians will think that they are all the same. Of course it doesnt add up, cause you would think the same God would give a consistent message. As I pointed out to Muq, it is within the power of an all powerful God, to implant the same gospel message to everyone across every time and place, so everyone could understand clearly what is the correct religion. As this doesnt happen is proof of God being imaginary.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#165934 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you call them 'sects'?

Have you ever bothered to really find out why there are so many?

The statistic of Christian denominations takes into consideration cultural distinctions of denominations in different countries, so there is overlapping of many denominations. Although many of the are exactly the same, they still wanna be unique. I don't know why.

There are really only three basic types of Christian, Roman Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox. All the other 41,000-ish are offshoots of those three and have the same basic core beliefs.
And radically different peripheral beliefs.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#165935 May 24, 2013
I agree. Most try to make god fit their existing lifestyles and prejudices.
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165936 May 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep lying about god with out presenting any evidence.
When asked for evidence, you attack atheists and scientists instead of manning up and admitting that you're a dishonest, wholly innefective liar here to spread your ignorant hate-cult.
OMG dude, what is wrong with you?

I've honestly told you that I cannot provide evidence of God to you, only God can do that.

Yet you incessantly call me a liar...

Are you ok?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165937 May 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So why is your all powerful god supposedly so obsessed with bottoms?
<quoted text>
What?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165938 May 24, 2013
spudgun wrote:

Agree. Hence fundies will think that christians in other churches will go to hell.
Who? What sects? What churches? What fundies?

Provide evidence for that claim.

Lexington, KY

#165939 May 24, 2013
Exactly and well said! If a god existed and cared he would not allow his followers to stray down the wrong path let alone thousands of wrong paths!

In the bible he felt the need to step in when people are shrimp but not for Christianity alone breaking up into thousands of different denominations!? Lol!
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>Agree. Hence fundies will think that christians in other churches will go to hell.

More liberal christians will think that they are all the same. Of course it doesnt add up, cause you would think the same God would give a consistent message. As I pointed out to Muq, it is within the power of an all powerful God, to implant the same gospel message to everyone across every time and place, so everyone could understand clearly what is the correct religion. As this doesnt happen is proof of God being imaginary.

Lexington, KY

#165940 May 24, 2013
Certainly and many churches are night and day different from others. About the only thing they have in common is believing in Jesus.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. Most try to make god fit their existing lifestyles and prejudices.

Lexington, KY

#165941 May 24, 2013
And when done you cower away like a chump. Learn to google you ignorant c@cks@cker. Best get back to digging those ditches, that's more your speed.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Who? What sects? What churches? What fundies?

Provide evidence for that claim.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165942 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. They didn't charge for those.
Yeah, the "patients" weren't charged. The money came from somewhere though.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165943 May 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, the "patients" weren't charged. The money came from somewhere though.
Tithes, donations, concerts, car washes, etc. They employ MANY types of fundraisers.

They gotta pay the bills somehow...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165944 May 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And when done you cower away like a chump. Learn to google you ignorant c@cks@cker. Best get back to digging those ditches, that's more your speed.
<quoted text>
Tower away? What do you mean tower away?

I'm so sorry, your highness, that I didn't respond to you immediately and at the time of your choosing...

What the hell difference does it make if I respond to you in two seconds or two days?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There is no meaning without God 16 min Shizle 1
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 56 min Anonymous1386 1
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr woodtick57 10,588
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr dirtclod 20,447
Atheist believe, they are just hiding!!! 7 hr Richardfs 17
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 8 hr Thinking 4
John 3:16 20 hr Thinking 65
More from around the web