Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#165589 May 17, 2013
The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>I do often wonder, what stops an atheist from blowing his/her head off? Seriously, what do atheists live for?
Everything

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#165590 May 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>Why would I show you evidence?

God has already revealed Himself in a sufficient manner to yourself that you don't need any more evidence.

Evidence isn't the problem, love of sin is the problem, you cannot receive God because you love your sin too much.

You just deny that because the alternative is something you cannot face.
Sin rocks!!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165591 May 17, 2013
Wow you really need to look up lions before making a jackass out of yourself.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>So the male Lion gets to the top of the pride by being caring?

The evolutionary (imaginary) process, does not require care or concern, only survival...

Unless you are arguing that evolutions main tenet is "survival of the most caring..."?

Lexington, KY

#165592 May 17, 2013
Explain how you can assign attributes to something you cannot prove exists?

You are merely rehashing your tired disproven apologetic arguments from before.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it does, it explains why you have a sense of purpose, because God gave it to you.

Explain how being a cosmic accident gives you purpose...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#165593 May 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point?
Speak to me of this "Creator".

Explain, please, why it's any more credible that any of the other "Creators" available.

Lexington, KY

#165594 May 17, 2013
Where is this observable evidence? In campfire folk tales that have been rewritten and changed over the years?

If you cannot show evidence I accept your surrender and the atheist is on solid ground.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>Why would I show you evidence?

God has already revealed Himself in a sufficient manner to yourself that you don't need any more evidence.

Evidence isn't the problem, love of sin is the problem, you cannot receive God because you love your sin too much.

You just deny that because the alternative is something you cannot face.

Lexington, KY

#165595 May 17, 2013
People sadly kill for a host of reasons. Killing over variations in god being a culprit so often.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>So why do they kill each other for personal gain?

The utopian ideal you present does not exist in reality...

The Borderland of Sol

#165596 May 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes He has, and one day you are going to face Him in judgement, your denial will amount to very little then...
A short stroll through a lunatic asylum will show you that faith accomplishes nothing.

Lexington, KY

#165597 May 17, 2013
No that is the apologetic take on non believers. All my atheist friends are highly educated, have great jobs and are very happy.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>Why should you care, you are just a pointless blot on the windscreen of the universe, why would anything matter to you?

In 2 generations no one will even remember you name...

The Borderland of Sol

#165598 May 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Bib bang, abiogenesis, evolution, take your pick.
Okay, tell you what - you pick one, and we'll discuss it.

Lexington, KY

#165599 May 17, 2013
Bib bang? Was that an infant fight or something? Lol!

Again chump atheism is not believing in god, it has nothing to do with evolution, abiogenesis, the Big Bang or this bib bang that you are going on about.

Care to fail again?
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>Bib bang, abiogenesis, evolution, take your pick.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165603 May 17, 2013
srcloud wrote:
Atheism requires God to exist in order that it can exist. This causality is epistemological, not ontological, in nature. Ergo, Faith is not involved, not unless one argues that knowledge itself is a faith construct.
See?
I am, and you may or may not forgive me, duty-bound to offer you the following:
http://www.srcloud.info/the-midlife-crisis/co...
Much of what is defined as atheism by brainwashed morons is actually pure logical reasoning or simply (freethinking).
The scientific approach requires evidence to determine.
Not faith not belief 100% pure unbullshitted evidence.

Bite down on the reality of the evidence, it's CSI.. Does your mythological god really exist episode 1.
I'm from Missouri, so show me.
coping with atheists

Prosperity, SC

#165606 May 17, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And you've just proved that Christians can't be good WITH god.
No he didn't , but thanks for admitting that God does exist. You do that more often than you realize. Your inability to drop the subject about God for starters.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#165610 May 18, 2013
coping with atheists wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't , but thanks for admitting that God does exist.
I think you have problems with reading.
coping with atheists wrote:
<quoted text>
You do that more often than you realize. Your inability to drop the subject about God for starters.
Ah another bitter theist who blissfully forgets that his cult shat the world full of books and churches before atheists started to get concerned.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#165611 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Natural selection, in essence. Humans kill off opposing tribes, even today, and your god is said to have ordered this behavior in your religion. The difference, science answers the questions with answers, your religion just answers the questions with assertions.
You have changed the subject, you were arguing that "survival of the fittest" was not the central tenet of natural selection, but that "survival of the caring" is the central tenet.

Why have you switched your argument?

To answer your point, why would an atheist be worried about God approving or disapproving one tribe wiping out another when it is a central tenet of evolution?

It seems it is okay if it is produced by evolution, but the wrong if it comes from God?

Why the double standard?

Location hidden

#165612 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>None of which is ever claimed to be an "accident." But there does not need to be intent in the forces of nature.
It was either accidental or it was intentional which one is it?

Location hidden

#165613 May 18, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Sin rocks!!!
How does sin produce happiness?

Location hidden

#165614 May 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you really need to look up lions before making a jackass out of yourself.
Was there a specific point you were trying to make?

Or are you merely indulging in arbitrary ad homonym?

Location hidden

#165615 May 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Explain how you can assign attributes to something you cannot prove exists?

You are merely rehashing your tired disproven apologetic arguments from before.
You keep avoiding the question as does all the atheists on here so far.

You cannot account for why you have a sense of purpose.

All you can do is try to evade the question.

Proving the very point I am making.

You have a sense of purpose that you cannot account for it, you remove God from the equation and therefore the only reasonable explanation of why you have a sense of purpose is removed as well.

Your inability to answer the question proves the point.

Location hidden

#165616 May 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Speak to me of this "Creator".

Explain, please, why it's any more credible that any of the other "Creators" available.
There would be many ways to do that but one way is to show your antagonism to the Christian God is so strong.

That you find the Christian God so offensive is evidence in itself.

Especially when you cannot justify that antagonism from your own world view.

There is no rational justification for your obvious anger towards the Christian God, there is no rational justification why most atheists display anger towards the God they claim does not exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity Created Hitler 1 hr Uncle Sam 123
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr The Dude 14,504
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 5 hr The_Box 1,230
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 11 hr woodtick57 2,838
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 17 hr Thinking 22
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... Sun polymath257 41
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism Sun polymath257 276
More from around the web