Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256000 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165459 May 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you are still hereĀ… so that prayer was wasted.
I'm glad you pray. That's a good start.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165460 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is YOUR assertion that, and I quote "Number one....prayers are NEVER answered... "
If you can't provide evidence for that, then it's only your opinion.
So which is it? Fact or opinion?
The number of prayers "answered" in any way is less than doing nothing, according to statistics. Not that you'd care or even actually accept that fact.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165461 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA !!
The old atheist adage: "I'm atheist, therefore smart."
'_'
You should stop proving that adage to be accurate.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#165462 May 16, 2013
First you would have to demonstrate a god exists and we can go from there.

Know your place ditch digger.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Show me demonstrable proof that a prayer, according to God's will, was not answered.

Scottsburg, IN

#165463 May 16, 2013
Rather you repeatedly demonstrating you are unable to understand let alone answer questions.

Sadly you are a typical ignorant racist bigot with a below average IQ.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA !!

The old atheist adage: "I'm atheist, therefore smart."

'_'

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165464 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I had it right the first time. Y'all atheists all got this huge, unwarranted ego that's fun to poke at.
Alright, let's compare:

1. Christians think this entire universe was "created" for them, that's egotistical and self-centered, lots of false pride there actually.

2. Christians think humans are "unique," ignoring the fact they cannot show how, which makes them egotistical and self-centered, even more false pride.

3. Christians think that the Earth is the only place in a vast universe that CAN have life, overflowing with arrogance already we can chalk this up to just being self-centered.

Atheists, we don't believe any of that nonsense, we admit, rather often, that this world is but a grain of sand on the beach that is the universe, we are not unique, we are animals. So .... how are we more arrogant than you?

Scottsburg, IN

#165465 May 16, 2013
How many head injuries have you suffered again?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>The sun doesn't "set", unless you believe something causes it to. It does come into and out of view view in a relatively set pattern.

Your view of it is slave to to its position. Your use of the term set is archaic, and is indicative of an assumption you are the center of the universe.

Your deficiency in understanding the English language has evidently affected your world view and logic system. You dumb shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =19FFbmbZ3bcXX

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Scottsburg, IN

#165466 May 16, 2013
The world needs people to wash dishes, collect trash, scrub toilets and dig ditches too, so we see there are plenty of roles for someone on your level.

Remember your place RR.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you pray. That's a good start.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165467 May 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
How many head injuries have you suffered again?
<quoted text>
Wagers! Odds:

1:3 is up to 5 times.
1:2 is between 6 and 15 times.
1:1 is 16 or more.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#165468 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but you first. Show me demonstrable proof that a prayer, according to God's will, was not answered.
You're still using that burden-of-proof fallacy.

I know this has been explained to you before - I think I've done it myself.

Fail.

Scottsburg, IN

#165469 May 16, 2013
Now are we including minor accidents like him bumping his head getting out of a car Magooing around?

I'd also like the odds on how many fingers he will chop off himself in the next few years?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Wagers! Odds:

1:3 is up to 5 times.
1:2 is between 6 and 15 times.
1:1 is 16 or more.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165471 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stop proving that adage to be accurate.
HA !

If you were smart, you'd know that nobody is smart because of a belief system.

But you're not smart, you're just an atheist parrot with the power of google.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165472 May 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Rather you repeatedly demonstrating you are unable to understand let alone answer questions.
Sadly you are a typical ignorant racist bigot with a below average IQ.
<quoted text>
I'm not ignorant, a racist or a bigot.

Lying is common among your people. Odd for being "smart"....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165473 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, let's compare:
1. Christians think this entire universe was "created" for them, that's egotistical and self-centered, lots of false pride there actually.
2. Christians think humans are "unique," ignoring the fact they cannot show how, which makes them egotistical and self-centered, even more false pride.
3. Christians think that the Earth is the only place in a vast universe that CAN have life, overflowing with arrogance already we can chalk this up to just being self-centered.
Atheists, we don't believe any of that nonsense, we admit, rather often, that this world is but a grain of sand on the beach that is the universe, we are not unique, we are animals. So .... how are we more arrogant than you?
For starters, you're the one claiming to know what 2 billion people think about.

You don't call that arrogance?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165474 May 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The world needs people to wash dishes, collect trash, scrub toilets and dig ditches too, so we see there are plenty of roles for someone on your level.
Remember your place RR.
<quoted text>
Ah, you also denigrate folks based on their job or pay.

Another atheist quality?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#165478 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you pray. That's a good start.
No you are not.

And again you are making assumptions based on your own sad faith.

1/ did I say It was me who prayed?
2/ did I mention to whom the prayer was offered?
HipGnosis

Dahinda, IL

#165479 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but you first. Show me demonstrable proof that a prayer, according to God's will, was not answered.
Darfur. People the world over kept up a'prayin' and prayin'. Them babies just kept on a'starvin' and starvin'. How do we know that wasn't God's answer, right? Ok, God didn't just want them to die, to make some ineffable point beyond our ken. No, it was his will that they be born, because of that whole sanctity of Life rule of his, and then suffer a long slow lingering death, to horrible to imagine.

I don't know about you, but some time ago, even as a believer, I had to release God from such responsibility. There may be a God, but it obviously doesn't answer prayers.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165480 May 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are not.
And again you are making assumptions based on your own sad faith.
1/ did I say It was me who prayed?
2/ did I mention to whom the prayer was offered?
You don't have to be ashamed, prayer is a good thing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165481 May 16, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Darfur. People the world over kept up a'prayin' and prayin'. Them babies just kept on a'starvin' and starvin'. How do we know that wasn't God's answer, right? Ok, God didn't just want them to die, to make some ineffable point beyond our ken. No, it was his will that they be born, because of that whole sanctity of Life rule of his, and then suffer a long slow lingering death, to horrible to imagine.
I don't know about you, but some time ago, even as a believer, I had to release God from such responsibility. There may be a God, but it obviously doesn't answer prayers.
Is that what's known as evidence 'round here?

Since: Mar 13

Adana, Turkey

#165482 May 16, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 25 min IB DaMann 16,120
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 40,647
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Thinking 3,761
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Thinking 24,076
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 2 hr Thinking 16
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Thinking 20,593
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Thinking 4,669
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr thetruth 245
More from around the web