Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
158,421 - 158,440 of 224,041 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Sad. You have to pity the people who suffer because of religion.
<quoted text>
Nobody suffers because of religion. People suffer because of politics. Yes, this world is a sick place!!

Hey, liberty guy!!!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody suffers because of religion.
Please tell me you are joking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me you are joking.
Truly religious people have never hurt anybody!!!

It is the b*st*rds who have no understanding of spirituality that carry out immoral acts such as murder. The are full of anger and greed for power and they are blinded by it. People who really understand that my God is your God meaning my mother is your mother, they never want to hurt anybody, they r the nicest people on the earth. They do their own stuff they let u do your own stuff!!! They want peace!!!!! Wars are to do with politics and these greed b*st*rds use their 'religion' when it suits them. One day they are eating pork, the next day they are saying, "allah hu akbar" and killing babies!!

Open your eyes and understand how religion is used in politics. Stop calling the gun evil for killing babies, stop calling the people who manufactured the gun evil, blame the person who uses a gun to kill babies. A gun is a f*ckin' gun, it has no mind of it's own! The same gun can even be used to protect the life of a baby. One gun can be used with different intentions!!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

XYZ wrote:
<quoted text>What about radical US nations of Bush' Xtain Fundie coalition and its politics vs Islamic fundies?
Islamic fundamentalism threatens people of all religion or of no religion when it attacks civilian targets in the US.
A concise and decisive secular response is warranted and was sanctioned by the United Nations. Despite any flavor attributed by the President in office in his decisions regarding the response , the response will come as warranted by the pursuit of Justice the people of this nation so decree. 9/11 would have never gone unrewarded by this nation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

XYZ wrote:
<quoted text>What about radical US nations of Bush' Xtain Fundie coalition and its politics vs Islamic fundies?
Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

All i know is that they are all greed b*st*rds, they get innocent people killed but they f*ckin' live 'til they r 100. Someone is getting money and someone thinks they are getting a free ticket to heaven, but they are all greed for something, at the end of the day.

Saudi arabia is also a muslim country, it has such an immoral government, but Mr Bush always used to hold the door for the Arab princes and the American government and the Saudi government are best friends, even today!!! God bless 'em!!!!

Understand the politics, people!! open your minds!!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly religious people have never hurt anybody!!!
It is the b*st*rds who have no understanding of spirituality that carry out immoral acts such as murder. The are full of anger and greed for power and they are blinded by it. People who really understand that my God is your God meaning my mother is your mother, they never want to hurt anybody, they r the nicest people on the earth. They do their own stuff they let u do your own stuff!!! They want peace!!!!! Wars are to do with politics and these greed b*st*rds use their 'religion' when it suits them. One day they are eating pork, the next day they are saying, "allah hu akbar" and killing babies!!
Open your eyes and understand how religion is used in politics. Stop calling the gun evil for killing babies, stop calling the people who manufactured the gun evil, blame the person who uses a gun to kill babies. A gun is a f*ckin' gun, it has no mind of it's own! The same gun can even be used to protect the life of a baby. One gun can be used with different intentions!!!
Spanish Inquisition
The Crusades
9/11
Bali
IRA
Al Qaeda
Taliban

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Spanish Inquisition
The Crusades
9/11
Bali
IRA
Al Qaeda
Taliban
POLITICS USING RELIGION CARD!!!!! GREEDY B*ST*RDS AGAIN!!!

U honestly telling me the people involved in the above, were truly religious people? R u really gonna compare them to saints??? REALLY??

SPIRITUAL PEOPLE HAVE NO FLAMIN' GREED!!!
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Lexis123 wrote:
I still think Atheists still needs faith in what they believe in. Whatever that is. But they should be open to other people's opinions and welcome change once their beliefs has been proven wrong.
You sold me! PTL !

I am very, very OPEN to having 'been proven wrong'

Be the 1st to convert me... ;)

Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.

Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.

Until this time, and it will be an eternity - you are only one of many religious cult members - each claiming more or less the same immortality or enlightenment as others.

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.

I live life so that when my feet hit the floor in the
morning Satan trembles with fear and says "OH For Christ's sake... he's awake!"
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscie nce/2013/04/consciousness-afte r-death
Interesting article.
A Topix atheist takes his last breath. Ah..it is time for the big sleep.
Except he isn't sleepy.
Laying there in darkness and total isolation from the physical world outside for that sleep to come.
All the while neural circuits are disintegrating in his body and his mind, which of course includes his consciousness. Which is on its way to extinction.
Chemical decompostion. Random neuron firings. That lovely balanced brain they had, when alive, is now breaking down randomly. Would be nice if the terror circuits get broke before the higher intellect does.
Being just a product of meat, their consciousness WAS comprised of input signals from everywhere on their body working on that core of the brain circuitry. Flashes of what would have been pain injecting spurious signals within it. No more balance and self control. Scatterbrained.
Waiting.
Waiting.
A never ending nightmare.
It would never occur to evolution to provide you with a self thrown switch to ease your death.
In see you projecting your absolute horror of death. Better start really believing in the afterlife bullshit like all Theists who accept even the most ridiculous claims to ease their fear of death.

Evolution is only concerned with survival not death. You talk of evolution as though it is an entity with compassion. Another dumbs who knows nothing about the process of evolution. Now go and get some religion, if for no other reason than to quell your insane fear of death

The intelligent balanced mind realizes we all have a turn, that simple. Here's your turn, do the best you can, make the most of your turn and then make way for those behind you.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Endorphins shut out some of the pain and sensations. Kind of works on an intact brain that has blood pumping.
It stops pumping when you are dying. In fact, most things tend to stop their normal processes in such an event.
Dead bodies are notorious for not being animated and a certain lack of interactiveness between the body and the mind.
Your brain portion, your consciousness center, is a little pool of quivering chemicals within the greater mass breaking down randomly.
Little pools of oxygen throughout the body and the brain, chemical processes, and the accompanying neural activity, which all add up to your physical consciousness. All falling apart piecemeal. Uncontrolled thinking. Memory banks being flushed. No escape for a physical consciousness.
Not an organized shutdown. But YOU will be the center of it. And the one affected.
More projecting of your absolute horror of dying. Poor slob!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody suffers because of religion. People suffer because of politics. Yes, this world is a sick place!!
Hey, liberty guy!!!!
Go tell that to the women under the Talaban rule you stupid cow. Now tell me that sharia law is political. Educate yourself. "Fat and stupid is no way to go through life."
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
POLITICS USING RELIGION CARD!!!!!
True. Religion isn't always what motivates such violence or terrorism. Religion certainly does nothing to inhibit it and religious divisions seem to encourage sectarianism.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
GREEDY B*ST*RDS AGAIN!!!
U honestly telling me the people involved in the above, were truly religious people?
Some were. Much violence has occurred due to religions beliefs, "holy land", and other gibberish held as sacred. Whoever heard of an atheist suicide bomber?
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
R u really gonna compare them to saints??? REALLY??
SPIRITUAL PEOPLE HAVE NO FLAMIN' GREED!!!
Spiritual people aren't obviously better or different than people like me who feel we have no spiritual side. We're all just human and the products of nature and nurture.

Religion = superstition. It's divisive and outdated.
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscie nce/2013/04/consciousness-afte r-death
Interesting article.
A Topix atheist takes his last breath. Ah..it is time for the big sleep.
Except he isn't sleepy.
Laying there in darkness and total isolation from the physical world outside for that sleep to come.
All the while neural circuits are disintegrating in his body and his mind, which of course includes his consciousness. Which is on its way to extinction.
Chemical decompostion. Random neuron firings. That lovely balanced brain they had, when alive, is now breaking down randomly. Would be nice if the terror circuits get broke before the higher intellect does.
Being just a product of meat, their consciousness WAS comprised of input signals from everywhere on their body working on that core of the brain circuitry. Flashes of what would have been pain injecting spurious signals within it. No more balance and self control. Scatterbrained.
Waiting.
Waiting.
A never ending nightmare.
It would never occur to evolution to provide you with a self thrown switch to ease your death.
True Bible

1. Do you believe in God?

A.Yes, I believe in the one TRUE God.
B.Yes, I have my own religious beliefs.
C.I'm not really sure but a sword to my throat would convince me.
D.No way, I prefer rationality.

2. Do you believe in MY God?
A. Oh totally.(That's a fine sword you have there).
B. Nah, I already have one of those.
C.There are no Gods.

3. Do you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?

A. You bet! One time, two times, three times my savior!
B.Once in a while.
C. Jesus who?
D. No, I'll opt out.

4. Have you read the King James Bible?

A. Yes! Like OMG, it's my freaking life!
B. Yeah, it was decent.
C. Yes, but The Cat in the Hat was better.
D. I'd rather eat a thumbtack sandwich than read that garbage.

5. The TRUE meaning of the 6th Commandment:

A. Thou shalt not kill anyone for any reason.
B.Thou shalt not kill anyone except for the people who don't believe in the same God you believe in or people who don't believe in God at all.
C. Thou shalt not kill except if they really piss you off.
D. Slay away! More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason in history.
E. God killed all life on earth, that she created, except Eight inexperienced shipbuilders, One of which - get this - 900 years old!

The salvation of your eternal soul depends on how you answer the quiz.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Tell that to the Muslim girls who had their nose chopped off by an imam for fleeing their abusive husband.

Hey Clem!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody suffers because of religion. People suffer because of politics. Yes, this world is a sick place!!

Hey, liberty guy!!!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

You can see the Alzheimer's more and more as Dave posts on.

Soon he will lose the ability to post... Or make it to the toilet.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>More projecting of your absolute horror of dying. Poor slob!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No not really Dave , it is like a machine that in death will decompose, if that process is slowed down, and the machine repaired . It can function again with minimal memory loss and brain damage. It only shows that everything you are in contained in those neural tissues and networks that cooling and oxygenating can save them from degrading .(at least for several hours)
But when those tissues degrade and decompose everything you are is lost.
On the physical level.

Everyone feels like the driver of a car. The body is a material machine, a vehicle to get from here to there. Your consciousness is a combo of the physical processes of the brain coupled with a hidden consciousness within you. This is something you will discover when the physical portion of that consciousness is rendered inoperable. The physical consciousness, the "awake" thinking you do, is an interface of your real self, whatever form that is, and this material world and other real "yous" doing the same thing. It is an improv theatrical production, so to speak. Any changes to the physical assemblage affects that filtering and interacting.

Topix atheists are stuck in the strictly material aspect of existence. They confuse the mechanics of materialism with causation. This is from reading the thoughts and observations of others. Which results in the parroting we see they do so much of on here. No real thinking on their own. They should spend more time getting acquainted with their inner selves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>More projecting of your absolute horror of dying. Poor slob!
You are going to have a terrible time.

Death is something I went through 19 years ago, and I face a real threat of it on an ongoing basis. I have to think to stay alive. My autonomous systems took a hit.

Dying as you know it is not a fun experience. However, if you have done it before, you don't have the desperation to survive you did before. You balance the pain of it with the pain of continuing in this existence.

Your inner consciousness remains intact. The meat conscieusness gets shut off, along with the memories it stores. Which is why the first thing to go is the education and reasoned thought you think you have is the first to evaporate.

You've been too busy blowing your horn to notice the real world. Driving down the highway of life honking at those that get in your way. Eyes straight ahead. Pure projection.

Or something like that.
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
On the physical level.
Everyone feels like the driver of a car. The body is a material machine, a vehicle to get from here to there. Your consciousness is a combo of the physical processes of the brain coupled with a hidden consciousness within you. This is something you will discover when the physical portion of that consciousness is rendered inoperable. The physical consciousness, the "awake" thinking you do, is an interface of your real self, whatever form that is, and this material world and other real "yous" doing the same thing. It is an improv theatrical production, so to speak. Any changes to the physical assemblage affects that filtering and interacting.
Topix atheists are stuck in the strictly material aspect of existence. They confuse the mechanics of materialism with causation. This is from reading the thoughts and observations of others. Which results in the parroting we see they do so much of on here. No real thinking on their own. They should spend more time getting acquainted with their inner selves.
Topix theists posting in atheist forums have a mental disorder which manifests itself with an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration.

Behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Need proof of mental disease?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

You can get a harvest if you plan to seed. ;)

Imhotep's court physicians prescribe psychotherapy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix theists posting in atheist forums have a mental disorder which manifests itself with an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration.
Behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
Need proof of mental disease?
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
You can get a harvest if you plan to seed. ;)
Imhotep's court physicians prescribe psychotherapy.
Your first sentence reveals your psychiatric issues.

These forums are for discussions, not socializing. Gay bars are for gays only, right? The country club is only for the elite whites of the community, right?

You won't get a harvest unless the environment allows it. That includes the amount of virtual particles wandering in and out of existence on a random basis.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Go tell that to the women under the Talaban rule you stupid cow. Now tell me that sharia law is political. Educate yourself. "Fat and stupid is no way to go through life."
Oh shut the f*ck up u idiot! U r the idiot that doesn't even understand when and how sharia law was created! Educate yourself, u retard! Muslim women get what they deserve, they give birth to that vermin!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 12 min Patrick 186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 1 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 1 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Patrick 359
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Patrick 21,382
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 22 hr Patrick 1,285
•••
•••