Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164866 May 2, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...yeah...its just terrible when people "blindly accept a whole host of beliefs"
Self awareness isn't really your strong suit, is it?
Yes, i have self awareness, difference is "for me" GOD "confirmed" my beliefs that i so blindly accepted to be true..

I no longer have that doubt thats embeded deep in my soul that God isnt real, unlike the Atheist..

As for the Atheist, they are not 100% sure that, that "God" you all mock and make fun of, even exist..

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164867 May 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
another delusional theist lashing out at atheists because he can't prove his own god.
You can remain an Atheist if you wish, believe or not believe.

See wasnt that hard now was it?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164868 May 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a malfunctioning human being, but it doesn't stop you from endeavoring to persevere.
Three big words in one sentence?

Ah, screw you man.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#164869 May 2, 2013
You deleted the obvious answer at the beginning of my post. Truth hurts I see.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>YAY!

Then why does it matter about Jesus?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164870 May 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No one had to challenge you, you just appeared and said you were the champion of of your belief. But these things mean nothing to me,
The real test of men is not in their beliefs, but how they function in our world. In short you can defend Mickey Mouse , and if you are a honorable sort of man, despite my belief I will honor yours too.
OK, as long as you stop it with all them big dang words.

Scottsburg, IN

#164871 May 2, 2013
And people of reason will continue to do so just as you are free to believe in your imaginary Jewish wizard. Just keep him out of schools and government.
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>You can remain an Atheist if you wish, believe or not believe.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164872 May 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You deleted the obvious answer at the beginning of my post. Truth hurts I see.
<quoted text>
No, I just got down to the nitty gritty. You believe Socrates existed even though we have no evidence of the man.

But you say you answered? Where:

Wow you are wayyyy off here. Firstly people are not blowing themselves and others up because of say Julius Caesar existed and ruled or not.

Take a history class and you can see the wealth of historical proof on him. Which Alexander? There are dozens of Alexanders in history. Yes we have historical proof of coins existing ditto with statues.

=====

I don't see an answer.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164873 May 2, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can remain an Atheist if you wish, believe or not believe.
No, that was easy.

Now, why can I not get a beer before noon on Sunday?
Thinking

London, UK

#164874 May 2, 2013
Because you emptied your fridge the night before?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, that was easy.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#164875 May 2, 2013
Lexis123 wrote:
Atheist also requires faith to what they believe in. Whatever their beliefs are.
Thanks for stepping to the front of the class and demonstrating to all your complete ignorance as to what constitutes being an Atheist. You may now take your seat!!!!

The Borderland of Sol

#164876 May 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Because you emptied your fridge the night before?
<quoted text>
Well, that, yes.

But I resent the hell outta the fact that it's the law.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#164877 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that, yes.
But I resent the hell outta the fact that it's the law.
Yeah but it's a hollow mad, nobody gets up before noon on Sunday, unless they are going to church anyway.

The Borderland of Sol

#164878 May 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but it's a hollow mad, nobody gets up before noon on Sunday, unless they are going to church anyway.
I work inconvenient hours.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164879 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, that was easy.
Anywhere.

The Borderland of Sol

#164880 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anywhere.
That turns out not to be the case.

(That's a polite way of saying "horseshit")

Scottsburg, IN

#164881 May 2, 2013
Where did I say I believed Socrates existed?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, I just got down to the nitty gritty. You believe Socrates existed even though we have no evidence of the man.

But you say you answered? Where:

Wow you are wayyyy off here. Firstly people are not blowing themselves and others up because of say Julius Caesar existed and ruled or not.

Take a history class and you can see the wealth of historical proof on him. Which Alexander? There are dozens of Alexanders in history. Yes we have historical proof of coins existing ditto with statues.

=====

I don't see an answer.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#164882 May 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always up no later than 6:30 a.m. on Sunday.

But in California there's no problem.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164883 May 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Where did I say I believed Socrates existed?
<quoted text>
I accept your defeat.

Hand over that welfare check, buddy.

Both dollars of it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164884 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That turns out not to be the case.
(That's a polite way of saying "horseshit")
Let me rephrase.

Anywhere our here.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#164885 May 2, 2013
03May13...

...BobLoblah is back and all 'afresh'....Just like Your Pope Francis is making such a positive impression on the WholeWideworld.

Well, its been a good restUP for BobLoblah. Away from civilization, fishing, boating, camping, reStocking the wine cellars and making the rounds of the various house locations. Even replaced several vehicles in the fleet. Got a coupla new house servants, butlers, drivers, cooks, and enlarged one of the villas on the Mediterranean.

One thing for sure though, BobLoblah didn't miss you lot one single bit. As a matter of fact, BobLoblah just didn't think about you at all.

...well not exactly. BobLoblah, at times, thought about the REAL good and honest and kind Christians hereIN and said a prayer now and then that they would continue to put their boots up the arseHoles of the ILK that permeates most religious Topics as 'wannabeee-hAtheists.

Now, BobLoblah is back to add weight to the discussion and throw the ILK's schidt back into their faces. It won't take tooooooooooooo long before these miscreants showUP.

No need though. BobLoblah knows who you are.

Meanwhile, ALL you good guys.....BobLoblah remains on your side and will do BobLoblah's best to assist you, protect you, and give you all the support you need in battling these hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.

Ps:....Chavez 'croaked' and now roasts in hell.

GOD Bless.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Frindly 83,960
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 3 hr Eagle 12 - 9
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 5 hr Frindly 3,303
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... Thu Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism Thu blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) Wed Eagle 12 - 132
More from around the web