Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164587 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Where is your proof that Jurassic is a period in the Mesozoic era? I love how your clan wants proof but offers none. Yes, Jurassic Park was a movies, fiction, made up.
It has been proven over and over that God exists, the documented evidence in all the books, all of the internet and there is empirical proof. Now, where is your evidence of a period of time existing called Jurassic park?
Perhaps, you can explain in your own words, the exact sequence of so-called speciation evolution of gaseous explosions evolving into species and the order of species that led to man. If not, you are just flailing around waiting for Kraken.
You pound your chest a lot while screaming, "It has been proven over and over that God exists!", but you never offer any proof, not even the smallest bit of evidence.
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#164588 Apr 29, 2013
Proof by iteration.

Do you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Good. So, what is your point.
I am not trying to get you to believe in Kraken.
If you choose not to believe in Kraken, that is your choice.
Perhaps you will try Coyote.
See how easy,if those two don't suit you, I can present others to you.
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#164589 Apr 29, 2013
You look for purpose where there is none.
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh, well i am not that educated in the science department myself,, so i was wondering what was the purpose for the ''Geologic time Scale''.. Does that or is that part of a method science uses to claim man evolved from one ancestor or something like that??

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164592 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, you simply need to go find the evidence and you will not. If they do not have evidence and you thought them relevant,then you would debate them with those who believe.
What evidence do you have that Kraken is not real?
You throw that word "liar" around a lot. Why?
You realize it's not an argument, don't you?

And that disagreement does not constitute falsehood?

Besides, you're mistaken.

Produce evidence of any asserted deity, and of COURSE I'll have to consider it seriously.

Produce proof, and of COURSE I'll believe it.

Doesn't mean I won't immediately be joining the Resistance.

The Borderland of Sol

#164593 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
It is currently considered that roughly 1/3 of the world's population are considered Christian of all denominations, including RCs and RCs are considered to be over 1/2 of all. So if you remove the RCs and all the other denominations which don't follow your literal biblical interpretation, which many of the mainstream Protestants fall into, and then everyone else who might differ from your particular belief, and then take off the percentage of claimed people of faith which actually don't follow their faith, or at least don't practise the religion they were claimed to be part of, which seems to be around 80% to 90%(I am basing that of about 10% of the claimed members of my former denomination are actual church goers - that is Canada's largest Protestant denomination) of them, then the world population of what I would guess you accept as true Christians is quite small (possibly even as small as one person, being you). Would that be a close guess?
Yeah, he's even suspicious of the doctrinal purity of the guy in the next pew.

Cult-of-one.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164595 Apr 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See? This is why you're an atheist.
You're so ignorant of the bible you don't even know when it was written.
You could at least google it and pretend you know, before showing off your ignorance.
I did Google it, and that's the answer I got.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164596 Apr 29, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh, well i am not that educated in the science department myself,, so i was wondering what was the purpose for the ''Geologic time Scale''.. Does that or is that part of a method science uses to claim man evolved from one ancestor or something like that??
You give yourself too much credit, based on this post alone, it's plain to see you have zero education in any scientific field at all. Sad that you wasted your life.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#164597 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Really, so when did you observe and document Pluto's orbit taking 231 years? Also, since no observation is needed, was it before or after they discovered that Pluto was not by definition a planet. Or, has your scientific illiteracy not get updated. You know, in this day and age of abundant and easily accessible information. Poor you :)
They didn't "discover" that Pluto wasn't a planet.

They "decided" it wasn't.

And using established mathematical and physical laws, it is very easy to extrapolate an entire orbit from measurements of a partial orbit.

Does it hurt to be stupid?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#164598 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Where is your proof that Jurassic is a period in the Mesozoic era?
That is definitional. The Mesozoic shows up as certain layers with certain qualities. The Jurassic is simply one section of those layers. It is characterized by, among other things, the dinosaurs that appear there.
I love how your clan wants proof but offers none. Yes, Jurassic Park was a movies, fiction, made up.
Yes, the movie Jurassic Park is fiction. But the animals it presented are based on facts (although liberties are certainly taken on how they acts).
It has been proven over and over that God exists, the documented evidence in all the books, all of the internet and there is empirical proof.
Empirical proof? Show it. You have none.
Now, where is your evidence of a period of time existing called Jurassic park?
http://www.ags.gov.ab.ca/publications/wcsb_at...
http://archive.org/details/cbarchive_133770_j...
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/17...
http://academiccommons.columbia.edu/catalog/a...

Google is your friend.
Perhaps, you can explain in your own words, the exact sequence of so-called speciation evolution of gaseous explosions evolving into species and the order of species that led to man. If not, you are just flailing around waiting for Kraken.
Huh? Gaseous explosions? WTF are you talking about?

The Borderland of Sol

#164599 Apr 29, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't "discover" that Pluto wasn't a planet.
They "decided" it wasn't.
And using established mathematical and physical laws, it is very easy to extrapolate an entire orbit from measurements of a partial orbit.
Does it hurt to be stupid?
Seems not.

If it did, he'd be smarter.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#164600 Apr 29, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly,,kinda like a thief hunting and searching for a policman!
Yeah.

It's just like that.

Sure.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#164601 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Who established that? This is the problem, someone makes up a definition and do so without proof, and then many just grab hold of it. No, faith is what you choose to believe in or not believe in.

Do you believe and trust in the people or somethings that presented to you evolution, speciation, black holes, time and space measurements and many things that people present and most place blind trust in???

As for God or no God, then you have faith in your uncertainty and that the evidence presented is not sufficient for you. You do have enough faith to believe that each time you turn your car on, it will not blow up and kill your family and you.
Conflation, hypocrisy and deceit run rampant through you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#164602 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Pay attention, if you do not believe that there is a God, then despite what you think you read, then you must believe that these people did the killing on their own. You therefore can not contribute the killings to God and it is senseless for you to argue that.

If you lack analytic critical thinking, then perhaps you should consider another hobby besides debate.

Now, like I said, if you decide that there is a God who made the order, then he is not human or subject to human emotions and laws. To God, you are as the ant is to man.
Sorry, if you thought you were more. You are not.

If this is beyond you, it is,since you do not have enough information to consider whether there is a God or not, then don't get trapped in small spaces.
People killed, and decided to kill, based on their BELIEF in god.

Their false belief in god.

Just like yours.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#164603 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>first point....if you are an atheist then you should be able to tell us what you are and we do not need to go to a link....

Second, If God does not intervene in your life is that proof that there is no God? No, that is just proof that God has not intervenes in your life. So, until you are worthy of God intervening in your life, freewill and choice, you are stuck with no evidence of God and no evidence of no God. It then becomes simply your self serving and non-evidentiary choice of what you freely choose to believe.
Apparent, god really screwed up when he created us.

I guess that's our fault, right?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#164604 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I promise you this is true, you have failed to apply any alleged thing about logic you may have read in a book. The error in your statement is first in your devious attempts to apply a persona to science. Science does not make conclusions, so you are either dumb or lying, humans make conclusions based on personal biases. Like you, no matter how many science degrees you obtain, your objective will be to prove there is no God. You therefore enter and leave as a bias human who misinterprets what he sees and calls it science. I suggest that you look up the two words, science and scientist, and first learn that they are not the same.
As pointed out, science can not prove a thing, it can only disprove a drawn conclusion. It is obvious that many scientists are like you, and if you found evidence of a god particle then you would apply your own bias to lead your self away from it.
Scientists always encounter many crossroads, like a maze. Most scientists are bias and they try to map and manipulate the outcome. Imagine the gay scientists who discovers that homosexuality is a mental disorder. Is he inclined to document this finding? You say what? Well, if you doubt this, the APA for over 40 years has been discarded all science evidence and studies that do not fit the gay political correctness. As I said before this came straight from the mouth of Dr. Nicholas Cummings, the former APA president.
If a racist white scientists discovered that white people were mutant chimeras, an inherently a flaw in the gene pool, do you think that he would publish this finding? Of course not. He would manipulate it so to serve his bias. Case in point, Hitler used science to try to promote his racial bigotry idea of a supreme master race.
What you fail to understand is that there are typically many scientists working in any given area. A bias on the part of one will be offset by a competing bias on the part of another. A rush to conclusions by one will be pointed out and chided by another studying the same or a related area. By this interaction, by resolving disagreements by *testing*, and looking at *all* sides of an issue, science progresses.

So, if a white racist scientists does not publish the result, a scientist of another racial background will. The problem, of course, is the politicians and businesses that pay for the scientists to give desired results rather than the truth. Instead of objectively considering the ideas and evidence, they require tobacco to be healthy, global warming to be a myth, and evolution to be false. Otherwise the funds are cut off.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#164605 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, these kind people are not here to debate their position, they have this idea that they can attack one God.
I have offered them Kraken, Coyote and Dionysus, they do not seem interested. I guess, in reality they know that the God of the Bible exists and they think that Kraken, Coyote and Dionysus do not exist.
None of them exist.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#164606 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Kindly show us your proof that the earth is approximately 4.54 billion years old. Show us your evidence, your observations, your conducted studies and your basis for measuring time. Please do not use light years, because then you will prove to me that you are unlearned and simply a rote repetition poster. It has been proven that if black holes exist then time and space within them or passing through them would not exist. So, how do you measure how old something is? The rate of time acceleration varies throughout space, which is a major flaw in the Hubble "theory".
This only shows you know nothing about the 'Hubble Theory'. Or, for that matter, the nature of black holes.

The Borderland of Sol

#164607 Apr 29, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This only shows you know nothing about the 'Hubble Theory'. Or, for that matter, the nature of black holes.
No point bringing up the Hubble Constant.
Or the Planck Constant, I suppose.

Sheesh.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164609 Apr 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course your ignorant atheist mind tells you that "made in His image" means only physical apperance.
Typical.
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
youre PROJECTING,youre the one whos Ignorant
and a LIAR
you must be kristain
What did I lie about?

You DO think that "in His image" means physical appearance.

That DOES mean you're ignorant of the subject.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164610 Apr 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Who else laughs out loud when these epic failures have to run, hide and desperately change the subject?
Your god was said to walk and even sit and eat with his followers hence he is an entity not an emotion so your desperation fails as usual.
<quoted text>
"hence he is an entity"

What kind of entity is God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 2 hr Thinking 8
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr Richardfs 23,004
Atheist because of art class 7 hr AtheistBodybuilde... 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr Richardfs 1,404
Islam for peace, or violence? 10 hr Thinking 54
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 10 hr Thinking 92
Our world came from nothing? 18 hr Thinking 1,061

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE