Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256546 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Darwin the Baptist

Australia

#164522 Apr 28, 2013
You know how you say all other gods are stupid fairy tales. And all other religions say that about your god.
Well, then you are both right.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#164526 Apr 28, 2013
Show proof of my disbelief?

Did you get as far as the 10th grade?

You asked to see a link to the atheism forum, I provided it.

I accept your apology.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>"Oh".

So,show us proof of your disbelief, until then you are not on any type of ground. Like I said, I have not seen your prove of nothing existing. That is the ground that you stand on.

You have no proof of nothing. Yet, you keep begging for our cookies. If I went to the atheist forum and posted it would be a bunch of nuts dumb enough to think that science is atheism and some how proves the point of atheism. It does not.

Scottsburg, IN

#164527 Apr 28, 2013
Your opinion is duly noted.

Now perhaps you can show observable evidence for god or do you need to keep changing the subject?
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I found your atheism forum quite amusing. 27 people viewing and the largest thread was this one, which did not origin in the atheism forum.

Hilarious and desperate. Thus, you are here.
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#164529 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Foolish thoughts are still foolish.
God did not create man to be God, so you fail. No,and you have no idea what that means.
In order for God to create man in his image and you to make that point, you must accept that God is and that He is who He said He is.
If not, then you should seek the god, Dionysus.
www.atheistcheckmate.com
thnx for admiting youre foolish,

its all result of religious brainwashing,

stick around though well make you see the truth yet,LOL

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164530 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Good. So, what is your point.
I am not trying to get you to believe in Kraken.
If you choose not to believe in Kraken, that is your choice.
Perhaps you will try Coyote.
See how easy,if those two don't suit you, I can present others to you.
Any of 'em got evidence?
'Cos I'll think hard about any that do.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164532 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we can't empirically prove things like love, wind, numbers, thoughts, consciousness, etc.
And that's in us and in our world... And you want the same for God?
O_o
Can we make a deal?
If you do the thinkig for me, I'll do the praying for you.
Well, that would leave both of us playing to our strengths.

Scottsburg, IN

#164534 Apr 28, 2013
So one passage about not sleeping with your aunt! Lol okay! Anything about not having sex with your children?

If so Lot needs to hear about it.

And if your think the bible never approves of slavery and rape or selling your daughter you obviously don't know the bible very well.

Even Paul ordered a run away slave to return to his master!

If you want me to tutor you on scientific matters you will have to pay me as we see you are ignorant of even simplistic scientific knowledge. We would have to start you on very elementary subjects and work up.

Now perhaps you can provide observable evidence for god or do you need to keep changing the subject?

Care to fail again?
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Still nothing from you. Nada. By the way, read science books, journals and study science. Try it.

Are you smart or not smart?

Leviticus 18, 13 verses forbid incest. Yes,the Bible does tell them to kill people who were killing them. Nope,the Bible does not approve of slavery, rape or selling daughters.

But, what does my Bible have to do with your alleged scientific books. You are clueless in both spheres of study.

Why not give it a shot? I would love to see your wealth of science data, which you have used to convince yourself that there is no God. Please share.

Scottsburg, IN

#164536 Apr 28, 2013
Do brush up on your reading comprehension jackass.

It's sorely lacking.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>'Shame in me", huh?

Tarzan say you having problem.

Scottsburg, IN

#164538 Apr 28, 2013
Just show observable evidence for your god if you can, thanks.

Or if you are unable to keep trying to change the subject.

Care to fail again?
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Which gods do you not believe in? How can we know which one you need proof of? So,what do you know about Kraken?

Scottsburg, IN

#164539 Apr 28, 2013
Who else laughs out loud when these epic failures have to run, hide and desperately change the subject?

Your god was said to walk and even sit and eat with his followers hence he is an entity not an emotion so your desperation fails as usual.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Well, we can't empirically prove things like love, wind, numbers, thoughts, consciousness, etc.

O_o

Can we make a deal?

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164540 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, these kind people are not here to debate their position, they have this idea that they can attack one God.
I have offered them Kraken, Coyote and Dionysus, they do not seem interested. I guess, in reality they know that the God of the Bible exists and they think that Kraken, Coyote and Dionysus do not exist.
As the saying goes,, one can doubt a person is a fool until they open their mouth, then all doubt is removed..

They define atheism as a lack of belief, which i think is absurd but in all reality it is a mere ''positive choice'' to not believe.

Scottsburg, IN

#164541 Apr 28, 2013
Feel better little fella?

You said there was no atheism forum I showed you there was. I was right, you were wrong.

Now any observable proof for your god or do you need to keep failing?
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>You can accept your mom's apology. Did you get stuck in kindergarten. Any proof or lack of proof is an issue between your mom, the doctor and you.

No, I asked for a link and said if you provided it I would say "oh" and I say "oh" and then told you that there were 23 viewers as opposed to almost 1200 year.

You should apologize for your delusions.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164542 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Kindly show us your proof that the earth is approximately 4.54 billion years old. Show us your evidence, your observations, your conducted studies and your basis for measuring time. Please do not use light years, because then you will prove to me that you are unlearned and simply a rote repetition poster. It has been proven that if black holes exist then time and space within them or passing through them would not exist. So, how do you measure how old something is? The rate of time acceleration varies throughout space, which is a major flaw in the Hubble "theory".
Would you be prepared to show, with evidence, that some other figure for the age of the earth is a better one, because the 4.5 billion years is about the correct age at which current most advanced technology for dating things has determined the earth to be? There is no way that anyone can calculate the age of the earth with any kind of accuracy using the genealogy suggested in the Bible as a guideline.

I have seen the figures between 6000 and 10,000 thrown around by those who claim to believe in God and Creation. We do know that neither of those figures are correct, because man has discovered still intact bodies of animals that died longer ago than that.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#164543 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we can't empirically prove things like love, wind, numbers, thoughts, consciousness, etc.
O_o
Can we make a deal?
Dude.

Why be such an embarrassment to the California Republic?

We don't do hocus pocus here.

You should move to Texas, or Kentucky.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#164544 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose that in your gay town, you gay boys do not spend your money on toilet paper. But, that is another issue that therapy and mental help will cure.
What's wrong with you?

You make RR look almost civilized.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164545 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, you simply need to go find the evidence and you will not. If they do not have evidence and you thought them relevant,then you would debate them with those who believe.
What evidence do you have that Kraken is not real?
I told this to a guy once.

If one is truly seeking God and wanting to know if he is real, wouldnt the smart thing to do, is go by the instructions in the Book (Holy Bible)?

But yet they evade it with every fiber in them. They seem to think they will find God under a microscope or in a science lab, etc etc...

A poster i met on the WSJLM few years ago use to say this all the time..

Knowledge abounds but wisdom is rare..

Location hidden

#164546 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>That is simply a lie. The rebellion was after the fact. The RCC did not come into existence until 380-450 AD, at least 340-410 years after Christ. The first Christians were Jews who had this 340-450 year start on the pagan catholic church. These Jews who became Christians had their religion from the first tablet and law which Moses gave to them. The papacy is no more and no less than the pagan church that reigned in Rome with the Romans when they killed Christ. You can not say much it seems with much knowledge. It is apparent that you are too lazy to conduct a search and study.
I am not a Catholic and do not support them, but your statement is like saying that it would be best if all gays resigned with the latest gay to die of AIDS. As much as I am opposed to the Catholic doctrine they have more right to exist than gays do. By sheer numbers you lose in that argument.
I see no sense in that post at all, so therefore won't post any refuation. I am not a person who has made discoveries of any science or proof of errors in the Bible. These have been done by others who have expertise in these areas whose work I respect because I have a science background. Some claims of believers can be argued simply by common sense based on what man now commonly knows, though, even without a science background.

You continue to make belief statments based on what you have chosen to believe from a Book that has no proof. I still need proof of your beliefs that they represent true events. Again I cannot prove the lack of existence of any gods.

Location hidden

#164547 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>How many times must it be shown and proven that there is no atheism forum? If I am wrong,then give me the link and I will say "oh".... What I find odd that is that you atheists would come here to post to Christians and theists and expose your uncertainty and baseless position. I would think that you all would be trying to at once create a manual or some concrete basis for your mental gymnastics.
Dealing with your mental gymnastics provide us with enough to do without dreaming up our own.

An atheist has no claim to prove. If we state we are evolutionists then we have added a characteristic which atheism does not imply. I personally am not an evolutionist, but I do believe the proved evidence supporting that evolution does and did occur, which denies a New Earth Creation theory, because some of this evolution took many millions of years.

Location hidden

#164548 Apr 28, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
Would it be a rational position, in your view, to think the Pyramids are the result of random weather patterns?<quoted text>
On what basis do you come to that conclusion?
Mainly because I never heard of or even imagined that anyone would ask such a bizarre question, as the origin of the pyramids is widely known, though I am sure the exact details down to number of people involved, number of years required etc., might not be particularly exact. 2000 men could do a job in less time than 1000 men conceivably.

I also do not support a theory that humans etc just randomly came into existence, nor definitely did they suddenly appear from nothing through some miracle of what could not have existed if nothing existed.

I can't locate the article or video now, mainly because I haven't looked recently, but I did watch a video a few years ago where a man demonstrated quite easily actually using certain procedures how the stones at Stonehenge and other such sites which very large stones were apparently moved in what would seem impossible human tasks.
Imhotep

Wimauma, FL

#164549 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>This is where you fail. You claim that there are steps in science that we can view, test, retest and verify, then you suggest that there is proof. Well, that proves that you have no scientific intellect. Only alcohol and math contain proofs. Really, you say that in science you can talk to many who have walked up the stairs, please just talk to one. You are also confusing science and scientists. God is not more absent in science than your allegory of steps would exist without a designer.
Before you continue, please show me one science proof. There are none.
When atheists attempt to use science they are being dishonest. You are attempting to set science up as in opposition to God, when it is not and can not be.
Many parents have said the same thing about training their child, only to have their child blown up in Sandhook, abducted like Polly Claus (sic), or runaway as often happens. So, no, you have faith and your faith is in that your message was received and that life will not swallow up your child.
As for waking up, your waking up 18,809 times is just your fuel to give you faith that you will wake up tomorrow, when you may not. Besides, why should we believe that you have waken up 18, 809 times, you have no evidence and why should we believe your word.
You see, with Christians not only do we walk up the platform you call religion, we verify, document, and observe God each step of the way and on each platform we move forward to. Unlike you, we also walk up the science platform, we use air conditioning, we use medicine, we use cars, airplanes, we use hospitals and when those things fail you, such as medicine, we reach for God, and on the platform that I am on, He responds and heals.....which is verified, documented, and observed..
You see, it is your choice to believe the evidence just like it is mine not to believe that you have awakened 18,809 times or that you are 51 with a birthday in Sept. or Oct. born in 1961.
There isn't any evidence
Your wheel is spinning but the hamster died

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 min Chazofsaints 3,841
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 min Chazofsaints 18,495
A Universe from Nothing? 23 min u196533dm 486
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 52 min Chimney1 43,154
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr thetruth 179
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr thetruth 5,685
News New Jersey woman will get to use '8THEIST' lice... 1 hr Chazofsaints 4
More from around the web