Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164289 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no evidence that there is no god, atheists use their faith (complete trust) to strengthen their belief that god isn't real.
Oh, and there's no evidence that there are no dragons. So you are saying you have faith that dragons are not real.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164290 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and there's no evidence that there are no dragons. So you are saying you have faith that dragons are not real.
Yes. And I have faith that leprechauns aren't real. And I have faith that aliens haven't visited earth.

You see, I've got no problem admitting when something is a belief of mine - like I believe that God is real.

Atheists claim to cling on to evidence-based realities only but refuse to admit that they believe god isn't real.

It's your shortcoming, not mine.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#164291 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And I have faith that leprechauns aren't real. And I have faith that aliens haven't visited earth.
You see, I've got no problem admitting when something is a belief of mine - like I believe that God is real.
Atheists claim to cling on to evidence-based realities only but refuse to admit that they believe god isn't real.
Used to be a tavern over at Bradfordsville called "Riverside". Sat beside the Rolling Fork River.

Full of rednecks.

Is that where you got your name?

I had many a fight in there. The owner hit me over the head with a homemade blackjack once. It was a tube sock sewed full of buck shot.

Thank God I was drunk. Or I would have hurt the man.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#164292 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
With that illogic.....
I've seen no evidence that you have hands so I'm gonna assume that you don't.
Would you change your mind if he rubbed you an "O"?

Location hidden

#164293 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really stupid. The Mormons read three books, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the King James bible. Scripture Chase for the Mormons includes all three books. Learn something about things before betraying your ignorance on matters.
Ya, ya, ya....

The Book of Mormon, "Another Testament of Jesus Christ"

...That some dude made up in the 1800s.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164294 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, ya, ya....
Oh it has to be really old to be made up by men and that makes a difference??

Location hidden

#164295 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no evidence that there is no god, atheists use their faith (complete trust) to strengthen their belief that god isn't real.
That works for harpy's and dragons aliens and nimbaru one eyed giants mermaids leprechauns the little people and all manor of everything you can think of doofus. I am using my faith that there isn't a tooth fairy .

Location hidden

#164296 Apr 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Used to be a tavern over at Bradfordsville called "Riverside". Sat beside the Rolling Fork River.
Full of rednecks.
Is that where you got your name?
I had many a fight in there. The owner hit me over the head with a homemade blackjack once. It was a tube sock sewed full of buck shot.
Thank God I was drunk. Or I would have hurt the man.
LOL, no. But that'd be a helluva story of where my name came from.

Location hidden

#164297 Apr 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it has to be really old to be made up by men and that makes a difference??
No, originality might he nice though.

Location hidden

#164298 Apr 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you change your mind if he rubbed you an "O"?
Only if he wore a glove and used Astro-Glide.

(I have high expectations)

Location hidden

#164299 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

You are a strange guy, do you say that in church and in your prayers?

Location hidden

#164300 Apr 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That works for harpy's and dragons aliens and nimbaru one eyed giants mermaids leprechauns the little people and all manor of everything you can think of doofus. I am using my faith that there isn't a tooth fairy .
Yup. You're also using your faith to tell you that God isn't real.

I'm glad you're admitting that.

Location hidden

#164301 Apr 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a strange guy, do you say that in church and in your prayers?
Which part? That Atheists claim to cling on to evidence-based realities only but refuse to admit that they believe god isn't real?

Yes.

Location hidden

#164302 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, originality might he nice though.
I thought it was the inspired by god part that made the difference, and the appearance of an angel of god. I guess you don't believe it
and if you don't believe it ...how can you believe any of it?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164303 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it was pointless. Your mind is so made up you are unable to think of anything else.
Matthew 5:18 simply means that all prophecy will come to pass, just like says Isaiah 7:14.
Cherry pickin' again! Try reading the entire thought, not just one verse.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you,***Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.***

19 ****Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:**** but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do you think all laws are permanent, forever and to everyone?
Well, if you believe in Jesus and God, yes.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm sure you know about the "eating pork is bad" law. And I'm sure you've used it on people. But do you know that in Acts, God showed the Apostle that all animals were now clean?
If you believe a hungry Peter over God and Jesus, "The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. And there came a voice to him:“Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” "

Then, no.

If you do not believe in the bible, you can easily see that people wrote things into it so that they could do what they wanted and restrict others from doing what they wanted.

It would have been more convincing had all the laws been in one place, never changed and included a law against pedophilia.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164304 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really stupid. The Mormons read three books, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the King James bible. Scripture Chase for the Mormons includes all three books. Learn something about things before betraying your ignorance on matters.
And if you look real hard you can see which book you put "first" and the one you put last..

Joseph Smith is not a prophet from God,, sorry.

Do you know that mormons believe there is 2 sins that cant be forgiving, instead of the one God said??

Location hidden

#164305 Apr 27, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you look real hard you can see which book you put "first" and the one you put last..
Do you know that mormons believe there is 2 sins that cant be forgiving, instead of the one God said??
Well then you see exactly how we feel about the rest of them too huh?
Is that so hard to imagine, if Joseph Smith wasn't divinely inspired...then none of them were!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164306 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, ya, ya....
The bible is some "testament of a bunch of people" made up by some dudes in 10-100 AD. Your point is ...?
Imhotep

United States

#164307 Apr 27, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormon

Bishop Willard mutt Romney feels quite different
Kolub Is a secret place didn't ya know?
Magic underwear even

If there be faults they be the faults of a man. But behold, we know no fault.--Mormon 8:17

Islam

Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil.--4:76

Yahweh

The LORD is a man of war.--Exodus 15:3

What a trio of malcontents

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164308 Apr 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then you see exactly how we feel about the rest of them too huh?
Is that so hard to imagine, if Joseph Smith wasn't divinely inspired...then none of them were!
JS, wrote his on book! And his book is nothing like the Holy Bible!

The Holy Bible is a phenomenal account of history, comprised of 66 books, written over approximately 1600 years, by at least 40 distinct authors. The Old Testament (Old Covenant) contains 39 books written from approximately 1500 to 400 BC, and the New Testament (New Covenant) contains 27 books written from approximately 40 to 90 AD. The Jewish Bible (Tenach) is the same as the Christian Old Testament, except for its book arrangement. The original Old Testament was written mainly in Hebrew, with some Aramaic, while the original New Testament was written in Greek.

There is only ''one'' Holy Bible,

Joseph smith, was a self apointed prophet. Who has added to and taken away from the Holy Bible.

But then again, you will believe a lie faster then you would the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 26 min MUQ1 22,424
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 2 hr Patrick 4,512
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr John K 493
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 3 hr Patrick 9
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 4 hr Barbarian 4
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 4 hr Patrick 141
Indiana Governor Mike Pence Stands Up to Atheis... 6 hr nOgOd 1
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE