Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
157,781 - 157,800 of 225,654 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure what this has to do with what I wrote. If fact, I cannot put it together!
Not that this had anything to do with my post, but I take it you want to know what, "cdesign proponentsists", means. To get the most bang for your buck, google it, bing it, yahoo it, whatever you like.
The short answer is, the creationists who were trying to force ID into public classrooms got caught lying.
<quoted text>
I am not here to make friends, I am here giving my opinion. If you haven't noticed, I don't waste a lot of time here.
It is nice to know that you think that I should be doing what you think I should be doing. I haven't read a lot of what you wrote, but I would guess, just by shear numbers, that you would be offering your opinion to someone who spends all day on here, not on me, who writes very little. But, what would censorship be, if you tried to silence like minded people?
<quoted text>
I wonder where people got the idea to kill others?
Exodus 20:13 Thou shall not kill.
Just 25 verses later, your god is telling people to kill!! You find nothing wrong with that?
Exodus 21:12 He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.
13 And if a man lie not in wait, but God deliver him into his hand; then I will appoint thee a place whither he shall flee.
14 But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die.
15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
I just cannot figure out where people come up with the idea to kill!
"Thou shalt not kill" is equivalent to murder, which is illegal.

Capital punishment and killing in defense are not considered murder.

Stop it already with your cherry picking bullshit.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
They attained that number by indoctrinating weak minded people like you.
:)
<quoted text>
And next week it will be, even Hitler called himself a christian, but that didn't make him one. Only my group are real christians. We follow the bible!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Show where he was this hailed by atheists as a person of note.

He seems to be an underperforming philosophy major.

Stop it fatass you saw the article on your Faux News wannabe site and ran with it like it was deep fried :))
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists cared about him a great deal before he questioned Darwinism. He was considered a brilliant atheist academician.

Of course, atheists want it both ways. Thanks for confirming. Moron.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
"What Has Gotten Into Thomas Nagel?: Leading Atheist Branded a Heretic for Daring to Question Darwinism"

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/03/23/what-...

Atheist dissent must be quashed...by personal attack if necessary.

Seems like religion.
He's a philosopher, right?

Not a scientist?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Christians did not attain that number by including or excluding anyone. The number is arrived at by simply counting those calling themselves "christian".

You are a blithering idiot.
What about the ones other Christians call "not true Christians"?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

So eat some bread cooked on top of a stack of turds already! It's Yahweh-riffic! Lol!

Oh I did admit what they did was strange like believe on some desert god that you had to telepathically communicate with or suffer. That is very strange and sad with what we know today.

So you want to follow in the footsteps of people who spoke to hallucinations, ate bread cooked on a stack of turds, ran around the city naked babbling and drooling, and wiped their christhole without toilet paper?

These are your ahem prophets!

No wonder you fail so bad! Best think about it more as you dig those ditches!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, game on. I am another bitch.

Dumb ass, you don't eat the poop, you use it as fuel, as firewood.

[QUOTE] And for your ancient people comment?

Ya, and they also didn't use toilet paper or change their clothes very often.

Many things they did back then seem very odd to us.

If you weren't in such an anti-bible tirade, you'd admit to that.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Awesome!$5000 and the test will naturally be a secular college one not a church or apologetic one :)

I will enjoy taking your money :)

Don't b!tch out!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, let's bet.

I'll gladly take away your yearly welfare money.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

It's the nice people who call themselves Christians only. Take about cherry picking data!

Of course we are about due for the idiots to say hitler was an atheist.

Lol!
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>And next week it will be, even Hitler called himself a christian, but that didn't make him one. Only my group are real christians. We follow the bible!
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
So eat some bread cooked on top of a stack of turds already! It's Yahweh-riffic! Lol!
Oh I did admit what they did was strange like believe on some desert god that you had to telepathically communicate with or suffer. That is very strange and sad with what we know today.

Then came to earth as the man, Jesus, that we may know him; long prophesied - fulfilled. Unlike the pagan myths about caveman history supports the biblical account of world history.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
It's the nice people who call themselves Christians only. Take about cherry picking data!

Marxist revolutionary allied with the USSR for most of the war; product of Rome's sun cult. Same as atheists, yes. They are responsible for reshaping Christian europe into the atheistic mess we see today.
Hitler the Nazis and other wartime actors on all sides were all papal knights.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Awesome!$5000 and the test will naturally be a secular college one not a church or apologetic one :)

We can already declare you no authority on the Bible subjects and to have no interest in the truth of the matter.

College Comparative Religion 101 is no more than Brainwashing 101 needed to sell evolution theories.

I would form that in a question but you seem to have no answers.(

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Lmfao!
socci wrote:
<quoted text>Then came to earth as the man, Jesus, that we may know him; long prophesied - fulfilled. Unlike the pagan myths about caveman history supports the biblical account of world history.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

How about you Socci my trouser snake?

Lmfao!
socci wrote:
<quoted text>Marxist revolutionary allied with the USSR for most of the war; product of Rome's sun cult. Same as atheists, yes. They are responsible for reshaping Christian europe into the atheistic mess we see today.
Hitler the Nazis and other wartime actors on all sides were all papal knights.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
Ironically, you're both wrong.
They did include all the groups of christians in the count, because they are christian, but all the churches include members who have left in all their counts as well, so as to dishonestly inflate their numbers for tax purposes.

The Bible tells us what is a Christians. The Protestant reads the Bible. The Roman Church is determined to be the 'harlot' or 'antichrist'. Cant very well be antichrist and Christian both.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a philosopher, right?
Not a scientist?
He is a philosopher of science, in this case, brilliant at subjecting scientific paradigms of thought to reason.

He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and held fellowhips with the National Science Foundation.

As far as I know, he doesn't dissect frogs, if that is your question.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
And next week it will be, even Hitler called himself a christian, but that didn't make him one. Only my group are real christians. We follow the bible!
No, next week it'll be the same it's always been - Hitler called himself a Christian because he knew he could fool idiots like you.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol!
<quoted text>
...or the other idiots to say he was a Christian.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I will enjoy taking your money :)
Don't b!tch out!
<quoted text>
O_o. "naturally a secular college" O_o

For biblical studies?

HA HA HA !!!

Bring it on, bitch boy. I've already shut you down on the eating dung thing, what else have yours understood your whole life regarding the bible?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao!
<quoted text>
What an amazing retort.

I've got my work cut out for me.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
How about you Socci my trouser snake?
Lmfao!
<quoted text>
Another awesome, intelligent and well thought out comeback!

Dayum, GLM. Leave something for the rest of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 26 min mannnu81 21,463
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 52 min religionisillness 104
Our world came from nothing? 56 min religionisillness 365
The Ultimate Evidence of God 58 min religionisillness 44
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 59 min religionisillness 84
If Christianity were true... 1 hr religionisillness 151
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 1 hr religionisillness 152

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••